First Impressions: Boku Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru OVA

Boku%20Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru   01 Boku%20Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru   02 Boku%20Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru   03
Boku%20Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru   04 Boku%20Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru   05 Boku%20Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru   06
Boku%20Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru   07 Boku%20Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru   08 Boku%20Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru   09

Short Summary:
Yori and Iku are twins. Yori’s the smart one and Iku’s not. But Yori has a secret: he likes his sister (yes in that way). However, in all his lust, he first sleeps with Iku’s best friend Tomoka. A few nights later, Yori and Iku get into a fight. Iku is lying on her bed crying when Yori kisses her. Iku’s unsure of her feelings though. But whenever Iku sees Yori with Tomoka, she gets jealous. Then Iku learns that Yori is planning on going to a different school far away. She gets all worked up and begins to realize that she does have feelings for her brother. They finally sleep together after Iku takes Yori to a love hotel after learning that he slept with Tomoka. After graduation, Yori is about to leave and Iku gets all worked up, so he gets her a dog, which she names Yori. The final parting scene is bittersweet at best. Yori and Iku long for each other after they separate and the OVA ends.

Ok, so I originally wasn’t going to blog this. But a combination of boredom and finally getting the codecs working and watching the OVA, here I am. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I had read the manga up to what ShoujoMagic has put out (midway through Volume 3), which is what the OVA pretty much covers (though the order is switched around a bit). Thus the “shock” content wasn’t very shocking for me. The summary sounds rather soap operaish, but this is shoujo, so there’s angst abounds. Yori starts out a pretty manipulative bastard (just like in the manga), but you do start to sympathize after a while. I did rather enjoy the parting scene at the train station, especially with the stills. The ending seemed a bit open-ended, but maybe they’re make another OVA if enough demand is there. The soft piano/violin music throughout was rather fitting, reminded me a lot of the OST to Sen to Chihiro (Spirited Away). It made the ED song feel out of place though, since it was guitar and rock. The animation started out kind of wierd; it took some getting used to the faces. However, unless you only watch shoujo series, the art styles always take some getting used to (in anime form anyway), as was the case for me in Aishiteruze Baby. This is definately worth a watch if you’ve read the manga, or if you just want to see a series about incest.

May 31, 2005 at 10:27 pm
  • May 22, 2006 at 8:15 amsom

i want to read this book !!!!!!

• May 24, 2006 at 5:49 amnatae comicreazy

I love aoki kotomi works. I read many catoon book (aoki kotomi works). and now I want to see Boku Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru OVA too. But I don’t Know where buy this DVD. help!! please

• July 21, 2006 at 4:13 pmayanime

i love your summary but it was werid !

• October 3, 2006 at 8:15 pmg-cel

disgusting….incest

• December 20, 2006 at 11:21 pmEmma

It’s not weird and incest or disgusting since in the end, in manga, they aren’t related by blood or anything. They aren’t even twins. Their parents covered up every truth about them. That’s all. OVA is just minimize all of them. That’s why it looks weird. Actually, it is so romatic story. I love this manga.

• January 1, 2007 at 11:45 amJenny

Still sounds creepy since they were raised as twins even though in the end they’re not but didn’t people realise they weren’t twins because they didn’t look alike

• January 8, 2007 at 4:51 pmselphiealmasy8

Can someone please tell me how the Manga to this story ends? Is it a happy ending or a sad one. I’d really love Yori and Iku to end up together! ;)

• May 24, 2007 at 7:17 amjades

this anime is awesome i really love it ihope that they really in up an meet each other

• May 26, 2007 at 1:02 pmdada

how many secret haw this manga???…….i found 19……this is so beautiful manga…o love it……..=)))

• May 27, 2007 at 9:50 pmVania

I watched the OVA, and I wonder if there will be another one? I keep searching everywhere online and I can’t find it. I want to buy the manga because it’s more detailed I’m sure but I loved watching the OVA, please let me know if you hear anything about another OVA continuing. Please PLEASE! =]

i love this story.

• July 28, 2007 at 4:01 amJ

But you still never fuck your sister -_-^

• October 16, 2007 at 5:35 amarashi.lover

eh? so this isn’t incest at all? oh…that’s stupid…to leave the part where the truth is known in the anime…i mean, hello?!?!?! That’s just rotten…after all, some people who like YoriXIku wants them to be together.

• October 25, 2007 at 7:54 pmsandrabingi

I wanted to vomit twice during the OVA and I think I will never watch OVA , MANGA Or any japanese cartoons… I hated the evil incest in the movie because it is like showing the evil in beautiful pictures to make poeple like it…. But we shouldn’t, because they are ruining one of the most purest and sacred relationship, brotherhood……Oh My GOD…. though if someone tells me that they are not realy brother and sister, then I can start to change my mind and watch again japanese cartoons but not this stoy …..never……

• November 21, 2007 at 4:22 pmKisa

I think its a good anime but is a bit strange I would love to read the manga does anyone know where to get it from! You can watch the anime on crunchyroll.com just type in “I love my younger sister” in the search box you have to become a member… Its free!

• February 20, 2008 at 8:09 amfoxghost

OMG, sandrabingi, please never ever watch anime again EVER you just dont get it….
    sacred relationship? WTF? if you dont like it then dont post on the site you offer no real argument at all! EVIL? you did not really watch this did you? becouse you would not call it evil if you have seen it! so to sum up…. SHUT UP!

• March 22, 2008 at 3:49 amSche

I absolutely loved the OMV, the story was sad but beautiful … but like many others I just need to know how it ends !!! I have searched and searched for the manga and have not been able to lay my hands on it :( …

Yori leaves Iku so they can have a proper relationship where no one will criticize them (in another district) but does that actually happen? I mean, do Yori and Iku end up together in the end? Please someone put an end to my misery …

• September 9, 2008 at 5:57 amXuan

They aren’t related in blood.
    Their parents kept it secret..
    so, happy ending in the end..(manga)
    the OVA just told about the early story..

• September 9, 2008 at 6:00 amXuan

Just a revised..
    they still hv related in blood..
    they’re half brother & sister
    but it’s happy ending
    it’s all that i had heard

• January 10, 2009 at 1:38 pmsiee

they do end up together, really love the story, romantic

• March 5, 2009 at 1:50 ammamaWitch

I just watched the movie, but I have never read the manga or watched the OVA. I get an understanding of the story line now, but in the movie, the ending is so abrupt and sad and slow that I felt frustrated and even sadder.

This story is like Franchesca Lia Block’s book Wasteland. About a bro and sis ( not twins ) who secretly love. But Lex and Marina never had a sexual relationship, and by the time she figures out that he was adopted it is too late. I love the book so much, and I have never cried harder over a book or movie like I did while reading it.

But so, in the manga, they meet again years later and find out they were not related, or at least were not twins, and they decide to be together? I read that on another thread. I don’t have any brothers so I don’t know what that kind of relationship would be like. Everyone I know with a brother doesn’t even want to think about anything having to do with anything sexual about them.

To fall in love with someone that you were raised to feel a sibling connection with is really strange and foreign to me. But I’m not judging it. Love is Love. As long as they are both of age I think it is ok. i mean, if Yuri is like 22 and tupping his 15 year old sister then we’ve got a whole different problem.

• November 27, 2009 at 9:04 pmmisscynthiakun

i cant seem to found the soft piano/violin music..please can someone tell the name of the sont??