Suzuka – 24 »« Suzuka – 22

Suzuka   23   07 Suzuka   23   08 Suzuka   23   09
Suzuka   23   10 Suzuka   23   11 Suzuka   23   12
Suzuka   23   13 Suzuka   23   14 Suzuka   23   15
Suzuka   23   16 Suzuka   23   17 Suzuka   23   18
Suzuka   23   19 Suzuka   23   20 Suzuka   23   21

Short Summary:
Yamato, bent on becoming first, runs whenever he can, usually until well after normal practice is over. He tells Miki, who is helping time his runs, that once he becomes number one he’ll try confessing to Suzuka again because, as he explains, he wants to be on equal footing with her. As Yamato continues to practice, he starts improving, which Miyamoto shows him on a graph. Suzuka is getting pissed at Yamato’s drive, and finally tells him one day that doing all the running can be counterproductive. Yamato gets angry after she calls him an idiot, and walks away. Regretting what she said, Suzuka chases after him and stops him and apologizes. As she runs off embarrassed, she tells him to do his best. With the words of encouragement fresh on his mind, Yamato is ready and determined at the next track meet.

They did a lot of jumping around this episode when compared to the manga, though nothing really important is different other than the Nana/Honoka scene. They changed that scene so that there’s no photo shoot element, and Nana is simply there to listen to and comfort Honoka. I find that understandable because the anime isn’t going to go far enough to reach the later point in the manga when the photo from the shoot comes back.
For the most part, this episode is just Yamato running, running, running. Of course, the important scene is the one at the end with Suzuka, who’s once again showing off her confused/wishy-washy attitude. But since Yamato still likes her, there’s really no harm no foul in what happens, and it instead serves to encourage him.
Three more episodes of Suzuka left….

December 7, 2005 at 6:04 pm
  • December 7, 2005 at 6:28 pmAnza

Anyone else getting the ‘Please do not hotlink images’ for every single image on here? Not sure whats wrong, won’t work on FF or IE

• December 7, 2005 at 6:47 pmSyaoran Li

Looks lika a good one.

• December 7, 2005 at 6:49 pmeman

Yeah, I’ve had the same problem on all entries since the Lamune one.

• December 7, 2005 at 7:17 pmInTeRCouRsE

it works fine on mine btw i use opera

• December 7, 2005 at 7:21 pmRen

I’m not having any problems.

• December 7, 2005 at 7:21 pmOmni

Anza and eman, email me and I’ll try to figure out what the problem is. See the Contact Me page.
    I have accesses set so that you can’t see images from anywhere except this domain. That means if you’re coming from somewhere else (bloglines for example), then odds are your browser has already cached the dont-hotlink images (since bloglines won’t be able to display the images). But if that’s not your problem (which I don’t think it is), email me.

• December 7, 2005 at 7:32 pmVinZ

Looks like a nice episode to me…
    BTW thanks for the info. Suzuka rocks!!!

• December 7, 2005 at 8:06 pmSyaoran Li

What a shame, I really love Honoka, but Yamato still loves Suzuka… but, in the end everything can happen

• December 7, 2005 at 8:53 pmbj0rN`-

T_T 3 more episodes more. Looks like it will end earlier in the manga.

Edited by Omni, Please use spoiler tags

• December 7, 2005 at 8:57 pmGooble

If people see those ‘Please do not hotlink images’, try refreshing the page or clearing your cache or something like that, it worked for me. I use Firefox by the way.

• December 7, 2005 at 9:04 pmGooble

I just noticed, could the images not be working for some people cause the images are coming from http://afrogunso.animevariety.com and not from this site directly?

• December 7, 2005 at 9:19 pmFury

omni you outta put how to use spoiler tags in the leave a comment box.

• December 7, 2005 at 9:21 pmOmni

Gooble, that’s my other domain (don’t ask, it’s a long story). That account has the exact same permissions set as the old one, so there should be absolutely no difference.
    Fury, done.

• December 7, 2005 at 9:29 pmRasmiel

Lol Yamato is so stupid ≧(´▽`)≦

*Trolling*

• December 7, 2005 at 9:37 pmFury

nice job

• December 7, 2005 at 9:43 pmAznSoulBoy

hmm man why “love” story have just around 26 episodes? like shuffle,love hina,this,da capo >

• December 8, 2005 at 12:43 amfirebrand

you know, i’ve been rooting for yamatoxhonoka since the beginning of this series, but i wonder if it’s worth the effort anymore. man, it doesn’t matter WHAT suzuka does to yamato. not only is yamato an idiot, he’s a doormat for ice queen suzuka and her mood swings. meanwhile there’s honoka, a wonderful girl who likes him for WHO HE IS (unlike suzuka, who would only seem to like him if he were more like Kazuki), and he’s too stupid to realize it. even here: he’s doing ALL of this for suzuka’s sake, then suzuka comes over and berates him; he actually gets a backbone and tells her off, only for suzuka to quickly come back, apologize, and there he goes walking off with that stupid smile. a guy like him doesn’t deserve honoka. oh, and the mangaka and the director of the anime can both BITE me. >:(

• December 8, 2005 at 1:35 amcleanwater

what was the photo shoot element in the manga?

• December 8, 2005 at 4:08 amDman

LOL firebrand

I wish Yamato had a better personality. I like Suzuka, ice queens can be tamed also! But with a personality like Yamato’s its no wonder he gets treated like crap.

He annoys me nearly everytime he’s on screen with the exception of when he’s running. Please replace loud-mouth (esp. when he randomly shouts stupid crap, wtf), stupid, and confused -with- composed, thoughtful, passionate and maybe this series could’ve gotten a nice 10/10.

With the clash of WTF and ‘frggin a’ this series is nothing more than a 6 or a 7 so far.
    Oh well, 3 more episodes and I’m done. Shana is doing much better at least

• December 8, 2005 at 6:07 amSuzuka Lover

=( 3 more episodes left only… I hope they continue showing the anime =( its so nice

• December 8, 2005 at 9:47 amMentar

Hmmm, I still hope that they will sneak in the photo shoot in episode 24, because it’s obvious from the preview that they will end 24 with the “big bang, part I”. 2 eps would be enough to resolve everything and have 10 minutes left for a little epilogue. If not, I’d be a bit sad, because this would leave the Honoka arc without a full conclusion.

Buuuuut, let’s see.

• December 9, 2005 at 5:47 amTwilightHack

I just noticed that the animation for this episode was rather good…

• December 9, 2005 at 7:39 pmBabi_Lee

Well, I personally like Suzuka better than Winy Honoka who seems to be complaining about everything. She’s just too…what’s it called..one of those girls are that’re too clingy. Not to be absurb…but I know some guys that like that….but eventually…wanting them to show “too much care” “too much love” give “too much attention” becomes annoying as hell. I never thot much of Honoka…always thot she’s stupid. But none compared to Yamato. Sure Honoka likes Yamato for who he is….but Suzuka…doesn’t wanna fall back…and wants the “right” one not the irresponsible person. I mean…Honoka’s the type that wud probably like whomever becuz they did something to her. SHe only liked Yamato cuz he helped her fixed her bell, imagine if he didn’t….she wudn’t have even noticed him. Actually, i’m bullshitting, i have no idea how honoka thinks…but i just know i dislike her. No, more like hate her. I hate stupid girls like that. Suzuka..is at least being tough to see Yamato wud be man enuff to put forth this effort for her…!!

Btw, about the “hotlinking thing” …it’s becuz the writer of this page prbly doesn’t want ppl stealing pics off her site. So…….if u really do want the picture…save it onto ur computer..and upload it somewhere else..with a different site name…and u’re able to use it. But of course…dun forget to copyright it!

• December 13, 2005 at 2:58 amaBcD

hi
    may i know where to download this anime
    cos lunar anime web closed

• December 13, 2005 at 12:53 pmteddyjai0614

lol, cant everyone treate this anime in a more calmly way? like flaming yamato wont solve the problem, taking how this anime goes, ppl should just watch it at a neutral matter, not helpin who, not whining about how bad yamato acts

i’m pretty much enjoyin the whole show overall, and like yamato’s friend said, “theres no right or wrong to love”, love blinds ppl, so it will happen to you as well, even though suzuka got mood swings like crazy, it still doesnt hurt the whole story, infact it allows them to understand more and more of each other

• December 14, 2005 at 3:21 amsena

Yay, teddyjai0614 ftw!

• December 15, 2005 at 2:23 pmshoryou

since Animesuki forums is down i’ll say something here…

Miki likes Yamato!!!

I root for Miki all the way even if baka likes Suzuka…

Miki is the best girl in the anime…

Explain the photo shoot thing…was it really supposed to go out on episode 23?

• July 10, 2009 at 12:45 amTheLovelessBOy

does anyone know where i can download the mp3 of the first ending “aoi field” by COACH?