Shakugan no Shana – 21 »« Shakugan no Shana – 19

Shakugan no Shana – 20

Shakugan no Shana   20   01 Shakugan no Shana   20   02 Shakugan no Shana   20   03
Shakugan no Shana   20   04 Shakugan no Shana   20   05 Shakugan no Shana   20   06
Shakugan no Shana   20   07 Shakugan no Shana   20   08 Shakugan no Shana   20   09
Shakugan no Shana   20   10 Shakugan no Shana   20   11 Shakugan no Shana   20   12
Shakugan no Shana   20   13 Shakugan no Shana   20   14 Shakugan no Shana   20   15
Shakugan no Shana   20   16 Shakugan no Shana   20   17 Shakugan no Shana   20   18
Shakugan no Shana   20   19 Shakugan no Shana   20   20 Shakugan no Shana   20   21
Shakugan no Shana   20   22 Shakugan no Shana   20   23 Shakugan no Shana   20   24
Shakugan no Shana   20   25 Shakugan no Shana   20   26 Shakugan no Shana   20   27
Shakugan no Shana   20   28 Shakugan no Shana   20   29 Shakugan no Shana   20   30

Summary:
Wilhelmina moves into the Hirai apartment, which Shana has left to gather dust ever since she took on the Hirai Yukari name. Wilhelmina came here because of the Reiji Maigo. Once she cleans the place up, she and Shana go to Yuuji’s house. Shana doesn’t want to go in, but the two are caught by Chigusa. She invites them in and starts conversing, but it really starts to irk Wilhelmina that Chigusa uses “Shana” – the name that Yuuji gave; it bothers her enough for her to ask Chigusa to stop using it. When Chigusa starts calling them a family, Wilhelmina insists that she has no blood relation to Shana and is merely the one who raised her. Because of that conversation, Wilhelmina’s impression of Yuuji’s mother worsens.
Satou and Tanaka are practicing picking up the sword, and although they are improving, they two are far from being able to use it. Margery watches them for a bit, but then goes and picks up her lipstick. Meanwhile, Yuuji is out on a walk when he encounters Kazumi. Around her neck is the charm that Khamsin had given her for helping him. He had also given Yuuji a warning that there were big things going on concerning the Reiji Maigo. Kazumi feels bad that she was completely unaware of what was happening around her, but Yuuji tells her that most people don’t know and that it is best if kept that way. He doesn’t want to involve anyone else from this town. When the two come across a pile of trash from the festival, Yuuji gets a bad feeling from one of the discarded osprey statues, but shrugs it off as to not alarm Kazumi.
Back at Yuuji’s house, Wilhelmina tells Shana that she’s here for the Reiji Maigo because of the threat of Shudonai and the Ball Masque. Just then, Yuuji comes in wanting to tell Shana about the statues, but instead he meets Wilhelmina. Kazumi, who is still with him, chases her dog into view. She and Shana share an awkward moment, and from it, Wilhelmina figures out the circumstances. Wilhelmina takes her leave after Shana runs out in tears. With dusk approaching, the focus turns back to Satou and Tanaka who are done with their training for now and are thinking about dinner. But when they call Margery, there is no answer. Satou finds lipstick writing on the wine cabinet that simply says “Bye!” Margery is actually watching the sunset one more time before she bids the city farewell and disappears.
Wilhelmina and Shana return home to the Hirai apartment. While Shana is in the bath, Wilhelmina confirms that Yuuji is indeed the Misutesu who has the Reiji Maigo. In order to stop the Ball Masque from getting their hands on it, Wilhelmina believes that they must destroy the Misutesu (Yuuji) and take away the Reiji Maigo. This is their only course of action as Flame Hazes. At that time, Yuuji is out reminiscing about all of the places in the city that he and Shana have been to and fought together at. He is ready to leave with Shana, for the sake of not involving the town any more. However, Wilhelmina approaches him and casts a fuuzetsu. With the intent of destroying him, she uses her ribbons to tie up and choke him. To make it worse, she tells him that it’s useless to call for help because even the Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite agrees that he needs to be destroyed. Back at the apartment, Shana is sitting alone with no lights on, repeating to herself over and over again that she’s a Flame Haze.

I guess with Yuuji around, the threat of the Ball Masque will always be there (unless he and Shana defeat them). So I can see why Wilhelmina finds it necessary to kill him and take the Reiji Maigo. But I also think that Shana should follow her heart and oppose Wilhelmina. If nothing else, then that would allow the two of them to fight. It’s a bit ironic that Yuuji is thinking about leaving the town, so that it doesn’t get involved in his battles, when Wilhelmina shows up to kill him, which would technically accomplish the same goal.
And we can’t forget about the other characters either. That charm Kazumi gets from Khamsin is definitely going to come into play later (I would guess during one of the Ball Masque fights). Margery leaving is quite a touching scene, but I hope that’s this isn’t the last we see of her. Music choice for this episode is superb, especially the songs for that scene and the one where Yuuji is walking around town during the night.
Next week, who will save Yuuji? I’ve got my money on Shana or even Yuuji himself.

February 22, 2006 at 4:26 pm
  • February 22, 2006 at 4:34 pmRasmiel

More Shana fanservice? Did I say Shakugan no Shana gets better each week?

Wilhelmina’s return is not a pleasant surprise for Yuuji…

• February 22, 2006 at 4:37 pmNigredo

Margery…left ?!

• February 22, 2006 at 4:45 pmAnza

Somehow ?I think Margery will be the one who shows up and saves Yuuji which makes Shana just angst more…

• February 22, 2006 at 4:45 pmGuido

Why Wilhelmina dislikes Chigusa? =(

• February 22, 2006 at 4:46 pmgx_testament

Shana to the rescue next episode I’m guessing? Damn this series only gets better.

• February 22, 2006 at 4:47 pmParacelsus

On a second note, now Wilhelmina has become my favorite character, right after Shana

*Paracelsus joins teh dark side of force >_>

• February 22, 2006 at 4:55 pmAlpha123

Margery leaves, Shana is in angst, and Wilhelmina goes on the warpath!

SnS keeps hitting us with one great episode after another! Love how this series just keeps on getting better and better.

• February 22, 2006 at 5:13 pmShinji103

Wewt! The Yuuji vs Wilhelmina fight! :D I believe, acooridng to the novels, that Show Spoiler ▼

I think Wilhelmina doesn’t like Chigusa because a) Wilhelmina doesn’t like Chigusa acting like a mother figure to Shana since she wants that role, and/or b) she’s suspicious of Chigusa.

• February 22, 2006 at 5:22 pmMayuna

• February 22, 2006 at 5:36 pmXellos-_^

Poll: who will rescue Yuuji.

A. Shana, Takes a blow for Yuuji and confess.
    B. Magery, saves Yuuji but ends up sufficating Yuuji.
    C. Chigusa, and show us just what awsom MILF she is :D

• February 22, 2006 at 6:01 pmNigredo

I will go for C. CHIGUSA FTW!

and shinji about the spoiler, the anime take another path since the sword isn’t with him but with Margery’s henchmen

• February 22, 2006 at 6:57 pmAznSoulBoy

“I dun like Kazumi X( And I’m starting to dislike Yuuji too, ’cause he’s thinking of Shana only as a fighting partner, but I know that deep in his heart, he loves Shana. But why doesn’t he realize that??!! I’m going mad here. I mean, look at Shana!! She’s cute, beautiful, flat-chested and cool (and sometimes hot :p). She has everything a man wishes for! (Actually, I don’t know that, since I’m a girl). Anyway, I love Shana (ya, I even named my hamster after her) and I think Kazumi has to leave Yuuji and Shana alone :p”

shana is annoying too sometimes

• February 22, 2006 at 7:13 pmRasmiel

I JUST don’t get why so many people dislike Kazumi. Is it because she’s Shana’s love rival? While Shana is the cutest character in this anime, Kazumi is the sweetest.

What an awesome episode it is. But I’m a bit disappointed that they didn’t go into much of Kamshin’s farewell scene. I can’t be the only one who wanted to see him in KaZumi’s strawhat? ;)

• February 22, 2006 at 7:25 pmShinji103

Nigredo: I don’t believe Yuuji had it with him at first in the novels either.

• February 22, 2006 at 7:30 pmMela

well, am hoping Yuuji fends for himself and rescues his on ass without anyones help and kick some
    Wilhelminan ass while he’s at it but i think thats too much to ask :p

the fact that Yuuji can’t do shit is getting to me and making me dislike this anime abit more
    its getting slightly boring, i mean, this is just like the first couple of episodes of this show
    when shana was the one that wanted to kill Yuuji before she fell for him and changed her mind.

its like ‘new flame haze’ comes to town and does what the old flame haze should’ve done.

not too original.

well any way. *keeping fingers crossed that Yuuji grows some backbone*

• February 22, 2006 at 7:31 pmMela

truth is, i think its more likely that shana well be the one that decides to save his ass.

something stupid like, her deciding to face Wilhelmina or something like that..

• February 22, 2006 at 8:07 pmShinji103

Mela, Yuuji not being able to do anything has /nothing/ to do with his having a backbone or not. We all know he has one anyway. Standing in front of a sword-swinging redhead and to protect someone isn’t exactly the most cowardly thing one can do…

Yuuji could have cahones bigger than earth, but he doesn’t have any /powers/ or /abilties/ to fight with. /That/ is the problem, and powers and abilities to fight Tomogaras and Flamehazes are not things he can just get whenever he wants.

• February 22, 2006 at 8:28 pmAznSoulBoy

“I JUST don’t get why so many people dislike Kazumi. Is it because she’s Shana’s love rival? While SHana is the cutest character in this anime, Kazumi is the sweetest”

i like Kazumi and Shana too :D, they r both cool. sometimes i dont like very much shana…like when she was jealous(episode 18). its like…”what a selfish girl”, well this is just my opinion =D. anyway i like them both.

MAYBE KAZUMI WILL SAVE YUUJI XDDDDD

• February 22, 2006 at 9:16 pmmango

I mainly don’t like Kazumi because of her approach to fight for Yuuji. Back a few episodes, she’s there pretty much threatening Shana to back off because “Yuuji is hers”. (You could sorta tell Shana was a little like: “wtf?”) Other than that, I’m perfectly fine with Kazumi being in the anime.

On the other hand, I think Shana is thinking quite maturely. Right now, she has a “love or job?” question going on in her head. And of course, she’s pretty much forced to think that her job being a Flame Haze is more important than Yuuji and love. But inside, you can tell that her heart really wants to be with Yuuji.

And I’m hoping that Shana will come to rescue Yuuji =D I’m a Yuuji x Shana fanatic.

• February 22, 2006 at 9:24 pmPlant42

Shana rescue Yuuji is no good .
    It’ll ruin the novel’s plot.

• February 22, 2006 at 10:55 pmRasmiel

“I mainly don’t like Kazumi because of her approach to fight for Yuuji. Back a few episodes, she’s there pretty much threatening Shana to back off because “Yuuji is hers”.”

• February 22, 2006 at 11:44 pmHaesslich

It looks like they’re following the novels somewhat, in that Wilhemina dislikes Yuuji enough to fight him… and seize the Reiji Maigo in order tofind a more suitable possessor or partner for Shana. Of course, I do wonder how Shana would respond if Yuuji DID die here… at Wilhemina’s hands, no less. :D

Of course, if these two did end up fighting… well, I wonder what Shana would do, or if she’d just shout she hated Yuuji and then do somethign else. Honestly, it’s getting annoying how, on the one hand, Shana wants to keep Yuuji’s attention but on the other hand won’t do anything to explain why she wants it… and of course, the fact that Wilhemina… disapproves.. of the young man makes things worse.

• February 23, 2006 at 12:39 ameurys

Ah those you shippers, ruining every tv shows or anime (like Shuffle!).
    Who’s gonna shag who is not what define an anime or a character for that matter…

• February 23, 2006 at 12:54 amHeliumHe

Well… things get interesting here…
    I had my hands on the Raw novel… but being totally 0% on undertand literate Japanese makes me hopeless… However… looking only at the picture possibly mean a thing

In a sense… I mean Yuuji need to show somehow that he’s worth being Shana’s partner to Wilhemina.

• February 23, 2006 at 1:34 amMarina

Hmm…
    May be Balle Masque is the one who save Yuuji from Wilhemina. (If they see Flame Haze going to get Reigi Maigo from Yuuji may be they will appear.)

But It seem impossble.

• February 23, 2006 at 7:02 amNexus

I think Satou and Tanaka will came and save Yuuji.

• February 23, 2006 at 7:34 amRasmiel

“Hmm…

But It seem impossble. ”

Actually, that’s a pretty good idea. The Reiji Maigo teleports elsewhere when the current carrier disappears. It’s going to take a lot of searching to find it again, and I’m sure Ball Masque wouldn’t want that.

• February 23, 2006 at 8:33 amdward

Hmm….Shana saving Yuji may not be a good choice though, and since Magery is sort of ‘on the way’, perhaps she will be the one saving Yuji? I seriously don’t think Shana is capable of saving Yuji in her state now. Her confused look may end up making Wilhelmina more revolve to kill him. But then, Shana might rush there upon hearing the news and may end up fighting with Wilhelmina….and the bad guys then made use of the opportunity to swoop in and grab the Reiji Maigo?

• February 23, 2006 at 9:02 ammadoka

That was a very interesting episode, thanks a lot for blogging it.

just a lil note its Bal Masqué not Balle masque…
    balle masque means ‘the masked ball’ ..so i’m pretty sure its not what you wanna say LOL

• February 23, 2006 at 9:49 amSEED mode Yujii

Get the Blutsauger and finish Wilhemina in one HIT Yujii !!!!!

me/urusai! urusai! urusai!

• February 23, 2006 at 10:11 amOmni

madoka, The Masquerade Ball is what I’m trying to say. The japanese is 仮装舞踏会 (バル・マスケ) (kasou butou kai – ball masque). I’m not clear if your suggestion is any different or just more accurate for whatever language this is supposed to be originally from.

• February 23, 2006 at 11:58 amcyw1988

you know… although i wld like the idea for the protagonist to be able to defend himself… but this happens all to quickly… i mean a few eps ago… yuji is still struggling to defend himself and making a total joke of himself when he trains with shana… so why i he able to fight now… no “transitional” phrase as to where he got his powers from??

• February 23, 2006 at 12:20 pmmadoka

Omni i know its the masquerade and to tell you its from french so i can tell its ‘Bal Masqué’ and not balle

• February 23, 2006 at 2:33 pmmangamaxx

Anyone here think they’ll find some reason to get glasses on Wilhelmina? The fans demand it!!! Megane meido is the future!!!!

• February 23, 2006 at 5:38 pmSuma

Is SnS slated to be 1 season of 26 episodes or are they going to expand it to multiple seasons? Going to be interesting to see how they conclude everything over the next 6 episodes if its going to be 1 season.

• February 23, 2006 at 9:17 pmSEED mode Yujii

Yeah.. His Rieji Miago does’t eat anything. Go find some Tomogara and enjoy eat them Yujii !!! Then u will got the power !!!! Look Tenmoku ikko as example – -”

• February 24, 2006 at 6:26 ammindulle847

“What are you talking about? All Kazumi said was that she would tell Yuuji that she loves him. And Shana’s response was “YOU CAN’T!”, and without any logical explanation, she kept rejecting the idea of Kazumi confessing. That was pretty immature of Shana. ”

I think we should stick on the point that shana is a flame haze and have not shown any emotions before meeting Yuuji.It is the case as same as Wilhelmina and Kamshin.Shana doesn’t expose on the environment of love before(except from Alastor and Wilhelmina).It is very difficult for shana to confess in the normal way as we expected….It is pretty reasonable that she is immature….

• February 24, 2006 at 7:12 amthenightsshadow

Finished the poll.

37% of those that have not read the manga think Yoshida Kazumi will be the one to save Yuuji.

(I don’t think so.)

• February 24, 2006 at 2:44 pmRiXeD

Damned Wilhelmina…

Yuuji -> HOLLOW\SEED MODE
    Shana -> Psycho Mode
    Kazumi -> Will beg W. for not killing Yuuji

Sum all of the above, and you have Kaede from ‘Shuffle!’, lol.

• February 25, 2006 at 3:25 pmBlanc

It was nice when Wilhelmina was about to kill him.

• February 25, 2006 at 10:02 pmSion

About Yuji not having power. He totaly kicked ass in episode 18 when he saved Satou from those bird thingies from the festival. I havent seen much talk about that here. Anyway I have a feeling he will demostrate fome kind of strength against Wilhelmena. I loved this ep, I used to feel sorry for Kasumi but not anymore since she confessed. (I was about to go mad) I get excited when I see Shana spewing of jealousy when Yjui and Kasuni are around cus I know she will do something drastic soon. I wonder what…..
    Sns gets better every episode

• July 29, 2007 at 3:41 pmduh

Yuuji is fucking trash and trash always seeks trash so Kasumi should stay with yuuji since they are both trash! i freakin hate those two, shana deserves much better.