Strawberry Panic! – 20 »« Strawberry Panic! – 18

Strawberry Panic! – 19

Strawberry Panic   19   01 Strawberry Panic   19   02 Strawberry Panic   19   03
Strawberry Panic   19   04 Strawberry Panic   19   05 Strawberry Panic   19   06
Strawberry Panic   19   07 Strawberry Panic   19   08 Strawberry Panic   19   09
Strawberry Panic   19   10 Strawberry Panic   19   11 Strawberry Panic   19   12
Strawberry Panic   19   13 Strawberry Panic   19   14 Strawberry Panic   19   15
Strawberry Panic   19   16 Strawberry Panic   19   17 Strawberry Panic   19   18
Strawberry Panic   19   19 Strawberry Panic   19   20 Strawberry Panic   19   21
Strawberry Panic   19   22 Strawberry Panic   19   23 Strawberry Panic   19   24
Strawberry Panic   19   25 Strawberry Panic   19   26 Strawberry Panic   19   27
Strawberry Panic   19   28 Strawberry Panic   19   29 Strawberry Panic   19   30
Strawberry Panic   19   31 Strawberry Panic   19   32 Strawberry Panic   19   33
Strawberry Panic   19   34 Strawberry Panic   19   35 Strawberry Panic   19   36

Summary:
Nagisa wakes up and finds Miyuki at her bedside. Noticing the key around Nagisa’s neck, Miyuki apologizes and then decides to tell Nagisa everything. It is a long story that stretches back to three years ago when she and Shizuma were third-years. It was then that she had met a new student, Sakuragi Kaori, who became her and Shizuma’s room helper. Not having met the girl yet, Shizuma was initially unhappy with the setup, but Miyuki explained that they were specially assigned Kaori because she had had a weak body since she was little. Shizuma teases Miyuki for being obedient and wanting a seat on the student council. Miyuki had said that a wonderful Étoile needs the strong support of the student council, causing Shizuma to remark that she was thinking about being Étoile. After some more teasing, the two had gone to Kaori’s room where Shizuma saw Kaori for the first time. Shizuma’s first words to Kaori after introducing herself say that Kaori is truly beautiful, just like Miyuki had told her earlier. The three quickly hit it off and during late night tea one time, Kaori started drinking from a cup Shizuma had already taken a sip from.
On a trip to Shizuma’s vacation home, the three had gone star gazing one night. Miyuki talks about a meteor shower which is still a while away, making Kaori wonder if she’ll still be around then. Shizuma had said that of course she would, but Kaori had thought that it wouldn’t have been as happy as today. As Miyuki watched on, Shizuma had held Kaori close. In the time that followed, Shizuma and Kaori’s relationship continued to develop, leading up to a late night rendezvous under that tree in the forest. Kaori had even gone and thanked Miyuki for bringing her and Shizuma together. It was not until winter of one year later that Miyuki confronted Shizuma about her Étoile application, which had been co-signed by Kaori. Miyuki was very concerned about if Kaori’s weak body would be able to handle being one of the Étoiles. Shizuma herself had agreed that Kaori probably wouldn’t be able to endure it. She had led Miyuki to Kaori’s room where Kaori was in her nightgown and by her bedside was a medical machine. It is in Kaori’s bathroom that Miyuki asked why Kaori hasn’t been hospitalized yet and Shizuma replied that it was already too late. That’s why they decided to be Étoiles. Miyuki understood the situation and immediately supported the two, saying that there wasn’t anyone who could beat them.
Indeed, Shizuma and Kaori succeeded at becoming the Étoiles. Before the inauguration ceremony, Miyuki had helped Kaori into her dress and led her out to Shizuma. At the front of the church, Kaori was supposed to walk towards Shizuma, but she only managed a couple of steps before she fell backwards and Miyuki had to catch her. With Miyuki supporting her, Kaori walked forward, saying that she heard the angels’ song as the choir sang. With her body getting weaker by the minute, Kaori thanked Miyuki for everything and kept mentioning the angels’ song. She had then fallen forward, right into Shizuma’s arms. Kaori had managed to look up and say Shizuma’s name, but otherwise all she could do was hold on to Shizuma as the student body watched. Kaori soon passed away and her room became vacant; it was decided that no one would use it. Standing outside of that room, Miyuki had commented on how Shizuma didn’t cry. Shizuma said that Kaori didn’t cry either, even with death always in front of her. Miyuki then said that since this room was no one’s now, no one would know whatever happened here. Shizuma had walked into the room and Miyuki closed the door behind her. Her mind filled with memories of Kaori, Shizuma had finally started crying, alone in that room.
The present Miyuki tells Nagisa that this is everything she knows – since then, Shizuma’s heart has been closed. She thinks that, even now, Kaori is in Shizuma’s heart in places that no one else can fill. Nagisa meanwhile has been moved to tears by this story and is crying on Miyuki’s back. Miyuki admits that she wants Nagisa to return Shizuma to how she was before, to let her forget about Kaori. She apologizes, but Nagisa just keeps crying.

Preview:

Strawberry Panic   19   Preview 01 Strawberry Panic   19   Preview 02 Strawberry Panic   19   Preview 03

The Yuri is strong in this one…
Seriously though, a lot of emotion in the final moments of this episode, though perhaps not quite as much as last week. Last week set the stage for us learning here why Shizuma has such strong feelings for Kaori. But in actuality, I think I came out of this episode with the most respect for Miyuki, who supported Shizuma through everything (even though there were a couple of points where Miyuki almost felt like a third wheel). And it’s Miyuki who now Nagisa to help Shizuma. In a sense, what Miyuki said earlier about having a strong student council support behind the Étoile came true, but on a much more personal level. Additionally, the scene where Kaori thanked Miyuki and the very end of the episode had both girls at Miyuki’s back, a testament perhaps to both Miyuki’s strong character and the Nagisa/Kaori parallelism.
As for Shizuma, I really like how she used to be – fun, teasing. That’s discounting the fact that those qualities lead to a lot of yuri moments. It reminds me a lot of how Shizuma is portrayed in the manga version of this series. Nagisa’s got her work cut out for her though if she’s going to be trying to return Shizuma to how she used to. The series is very much going a ShizumaXNagisa path right now (as if there were any doubt), but next episode does look to complicate things a bit with a Tamao-centric episode titled 「告白」 (kokuhaku- Confession).

August 7, 2006 at 10:29 pm
  • August 12, 2006 at 9:37 amboiya

Shizuma and Kaori are SOOO passionate, wow… No wonder Kaori died so early on, Shizuma must have worn her out with that kiss alone. :D I think that Miyuki might have been a lil attracted to Kaori, but it was more like she understood Kaori and could relate to her since they both shared loving feelings toward Shizuma. Cuz I don’t know if Shizuma caught onto certain moments like the indirect cup/kiss scene, but I believe that Miyuki noticed it all too well how Kaori actually was letting her lips linger on the cup where Shizuma had previously drank from, go figure. I wish they would have revealed more about Kaori n Shizuma, but with only that one ep. It gives more of a feel that Shizuma had to be more refined since she was with Kaori. I think Shizuma was more of a wild type of gurl. :P N I believe that Nagisa is just as wild too so they’d be a good match. U know, the kind of passion that can drive memories of someone else outta the kind so I’m thinking that Nagisa just needs to get ahold of Shimuza and confront her about Kaori. I can’t seem to shake it from the previous episode that Nagisa should have actually stayed with Shizuma and held her as she cried. I can’t fanthom why she didn’t just confort the gurl, reassure her that Nagisa is there with her and that Kaori is gone and that Nagisa wasn’t going to go n e where n would always be with her. Than the passionate scenes would come later and it’d knock the fans socks off. More so than the Shizuma/Kaori tree scene. No wonder Shizuma is going around and collecting all these lil gurls on the side to mess around with.

I keep picturing Amane as more of a prince so I think when the kiss does happen with Hikari. It’ll be a VERY sweet moment, but I dunno… with all this passion going around lately. Maybe it’ll be sum pretty hot stuff too, lol

• August 12, 2006 at 10:04 amboiya

I have a question about the ribbons. I’m not sure if anyone else noticed it, but during the Etoile ceremony. Shizuma has a green ribbon tied around her left wrist, much in the way that Tamao had tied her red ribbon on Nagisa during an earlier episode. Kaori is wearing the same green colored ribbon in her hair. Makes me wonder if she had tied the green ribbon on Shizuma in a way to protect her, maybe from what was to come and yet to happen. Or perhaps to give Shizuma something of hers before she left. Yet it kinda explains a lil more why Shizuma got so jealous and pushy when Nagisa had the ribbon on her from Tamao. There just has oto some meaning behind it.

• August 12, 2006 at 11:21 amDo

Damn over a hundred post already.

• August 12, 2006 at 9:30 pmpt

this is great another record it would be better if its over 110.

to boiya i did notice the ribbon also but is she still wearing it now cause in ep 12 when she start raping nagisa i didn’t see the ribbon.

• August 13, 2006 at 12:36 amterelildevil

lol pt I wouldn’t call what Shizuma did in ep 12 rape… I say it was more like very forceful suduction…which i guess would be rape…lol…as to the whole ribbion thing i guess that its something that happens a lot in this series pink ribbions,red ribbions,green ribbions…it goes on and on I bet if they have enough ribbions to make a full bed cover…but yeah I think Nagisa and Shizuma need to have sex!!!

• August 13, 2006 at 1:08 ampt

lol terelildevil

i can think of many way for them to do it. you know right do it (sex).

• August 13, 2006 at 2:05 amterelildevil

lol pt… now i just feel like i’m a bad influence on you…knowing ur age and all, I feel kinda bad talking such things with you…what the hell no I don’t I’m glad i can bring you over to the Dark Side…Whahahaha…umm I’m mean you should be good person and go to church…lol jk!!! No but I really think that Nagisa and Shizuma need to get laid!!!^.^

• August 13, 2006 at 2:09 am….

Girls, don’t go there :D

• August 13, 2006 at 4:35 amDo

Now the question is where will the sex take place? Shizuma’s villa, same place where Kaori and Shizuma did it, Shizuma’s greenhouse, underwater, or in front of everyone?

• August 13, 2006 at 5:27 ampt

lol terelildevil and thanks for bringing me to the dark side i really like it.

to DO i don’t think in front of anyone cause then everyone will talk about it and maybe start hating them but maybe in a place where people can not find them.

• August 13, 2006 at 5:30 amDo

Yeah you’re right.

• August 13, 2006 at 8:39 am….

hehehe

• August 13, 2006 at 9:49 amFern

For all I know episode 20, Tamao will confess to Nagisa about her feeling but not sure about the thing she said I think it’s not like “I love you Nagisa-chan” but she will be the person who make Nagisa feel better. And the next 3 episode from here, Tamao and Nagisa will be set up for the Etoile’s selection. That sound bad for me coz I want Nagisa enter the selection with Shizuma more, I need the perfect Etoile and no one better than Shizuma, don’t get me wrong Tamao is my fav character too just thing that she still not good enough to be the Etoile. Do they still plan Nagisa and Shizuma pairing?

• August 13, 2006 at 6:35 pmDo

Did you guys read the spoiler for episode 23? I still think it’ll be Nagisa and Shizuma entering
    the Etoile battle together. Perhaps I just want it to be like the manga.

• August 13, 2006 at 6:44 pmT-owwwwwwwww L.’s Lover

God my freaking girlfriend is addicted to this anime. OMG!! she spends so much time on this site and reading teh comments. TOTALLY ADDICTED! haha though it is a good anime, I like bleach more right now ehehe…sorry fans, for the irrelavancy. I wonder if my gf will find out, prbly WILL since she spends so much tiem on the website MORE THAN ME! haha jp =p

the anime is sooo sad right now, pooor nagisa

Yea I do wish the anime delved more into the Shizuma/Kaori thing, that way we could know their personalities and stuff like that.

haha I know I might get in trouble saying this on this forum thingy…but here goes

BLEACH ALL THE WAYY!!!!! [please no haters or anything of that sort, its just an innocent joke on my gf]

Oh yea and the “dark side” is funnnnnn! ~_^

• August 13, 2006 at 7:08 pmpt

hey DO where did you read the spoilers.

well what i think is that maybe tamao would give up on the etoile and give it to shizuma so that nagisa and shizuma could be together cause tamao don’t want nagisa to get sad and wanted to see her happy so maybe she would give up.

hurry a new record we reach 115 comment.

• August 13, 2006 at 7:26 pmterelildevil

spoilers suck yet I can’t seem to stop myself from reading them lol…where can I find these spoilers u guys are talking about lol…as to the whole etoile thing,I guess Nagisa and Tamoe who be a good pair…Shizuma is graduating in a few months so that’s a problem…I want Shizuma and Nagisa but the thing with Tamoe might get Shizuma all fired up lol…the Power of the Love Triangle lol…hey pt why don’t we just make you these anime’s official comment score keeper lol!!!

• August 13, 2006 at 9:04 pmDo

Well I don’t have the source but it’s base off of this guy’s comment http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=33381;pg=37 named joyjoy

• August 13, 2006 at 11:26 pmterelildevil

Thanks Do…

Ok so now that i got the spoilers out of my system how do you guys think that this series will end up now that it’s nearly over…I mean with the direction its going right now one can only hope that it doesn’t have one of those unsatisfactory endings where the people that “thought they where in love” only stay friends cuz if that happens I might as well put a gun to my head and pull the trigger…not that i’m Suicidal or anything lol…But i think that it would just ruin what they started and i might go crazy,catch the first plane to Japan find the animation studio(Media Works) that made Strawberry Panic, buy a 12 inch Butcher Knife and hunt the basters down that destroyed the series…this is all last resort and in the process of worst case scenario if that should happen…I’m really a sane person…really i am…lol!!!

• August 13, 2006 at 11:26 pmpt

i think your right terelildevil from now on i am the score keeper.

oh and i know the website that you give us DO its for shoujo ai and yuri stuff isn’t it.

• August 13, 2006 at 11:29 pmpt

lol terelildevil but your right everyone would die if nagisa and shizuma don’t go together so those people who make this would give a good and nice ending where people enjoy it.

• August 13, 2006 at 11:40 pmterelildevil

Yes that’s what i’m talking about!!! Cuz if them folks down In the Land Of The Risen Sun get any funny ideas I swear i will bust the cap on them…damn i need to calm my ass down lol!!!

• August 14, 2006 at 12:39 amDo

Okay Im 69% Nagisa will end up Shizuma. Want I really care about now is I want Nagisa and Shizuma to be Etoiles together even for just a month.

• August 14, 2006 at 12:42 amDo

I forgot, you’re welcome Teredevil.

• August 14, 2006 at 2:43 ampt

yeah i argree shizuma and nagisa is a great couple and for the etoile there might be alot of people who will disagree tho so i’m not quiet sure if they gonna go to the etoile together.

• August 14, 2006 at 3:29 ampt

can’t wait till tomorrow to watch the raw and see the picture but it is not post till 8:00 and i’m bored waiting till that time. man this suck

• August 14, 2006 at 6:15 amDo

Here are some advices pt, play some games. Time past by really fast( for me at least).

• August 14, 2006 at 10:26 amterelildevil

lol its monday yay!!! new episode today!!!

• June 24, 2007 at 3:37 amRumoki

Aah!! The younger Shizuma is so kawaii!! And we get to see her mischievous and adventurous side! Suteki~! :D

• February 11, 2008 at 1:38 pmelimjoy

I watched the episode of strawberry panic in youtube.com and veoh.com now the summary I really want please blog in a summary for me I love yuri anime because it’s just cute though and iot makes me tickle too sometimes and cry for sad moments this is really a beautiful anime to watched…..XD watched it soon okey

• March 9, 2008 at 1:40 ameh..

Shizuma ends up telling nagisa how she feels in the end.. but i really felt sorry for Tamao.. and just because Nagisa was similar to Kaori doesn’t mean that was the only reason Shizuma loved her.. trust me i saw all the episodes.. in each one of them it made me laugh and cry.. It was sad when Kaori died.. but at least move on..

• July 3, 2008 at 6:54 pmchikychan

AUXILIOOOOOOOOOOO… HASTA HORA E PODIDO CONOCER HACERCA DE ESTA SERIE O MEJOR ESTE ANIME EL PROBLEMA ES Q X + K YO KUIERA VERLA NO PODRE SOLO X UNA SIMPLE RASON ME LA KUITARON ME JOR DICHO EL CANAL X DONDE LA PASABAN ESO ES UN GRANDICIMO CRIMEN NO LES PARECE MMMMMMM..???????
    BUENO PERO DE LO K ESCUCHADO ES UN ANIME SUPER EN ESPECIAL BUENO NO SE SI A USTEDES LES GUSTE PERO A MI ME ENCANTA SHIZUMA.
    KUIERO VERLA EN REALIDAD KUIERO VERLA AYUDENMEN SI…..

• May 12, 2009 at 7:43 amjenn

I freekin love this yuri. I think Nagisa and Shizuma looks so sexy together. Shizuma opens up to her. Shows that her heart is opening up again. Showing a flashback of the past. Poor shizuma. Im not going to spoil the ending cuz i watched the yuri like 12 times already. But the only sad ending going on here is for Tamao. Eather way, however it ends, someone gets heart broken. So not to spoil it or anything, but this part in the yuri adds a bit of a twist. I fuckin love yuri. And im a gir! wooooooo!
    -Jenni