« Random Musings – Shadow Warrior Chronicles and HanTsuki Drama

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora Drama – 01

OP Sequence

HanTsuki Drama   OP   01 HanTsuki Drama   OP   02 HanTsuki Drama   OP   03
HanTsuki Drama   OP   04 HanTsuki Drama   OP   05 HanTsuki Drama   OP   06

OP: 「エンドレス・ループ」 (Endless Loop) by sacra
Watch the OP! Mirror 1 (14.7MB, XviD)

HanTsuki Drama   01   01 HanTsuki Drama   01   02 HanTsuki Drama   01   03
HanTsuki Drama   01   04 HanTsuki Drama   01   05 HanTsuki Drama   01   06
HanTsuki Drama   01   07 HanTsuki Drama   01   08 HanTsuki Drama   01   09
HanTsuki Drama   01   10 HanTsuki Drama   01   11 HanTsuki Drama   01   12
HanTsuki Drama   01   13 HanTsuki Drama   01   14 HanTsuki Drama   01   15
HanTsuki Drama   01   16 HanTsuki Drama   01   17 HanTsuki Drama   01   18
HanTsuki Drama   01   19 HanTsuki Drama   01   20 HanTsuki Drama   01   21
HanTsuki Drama   01   22 HanTsuki Drama   01   23 HanTsuki Drama   01   24
HanTsuki Drama   01   25 HanTsuki Drama   01   26 HanTsuki Drama   01   27

ED Sequence

HanTsuki Drama   ED   01 HanTsuki Drama   ED   02 HanTsuki Drama   ED   03

ED: 「Sunshine Of Your Love」 by I-lulu
Watch the ED! Mirror 1 (24MB, XviD)

This series actually started airing two weeks ago on October 2nd, but this was the first free chance I got to watch it. Unlike most dramas, this show runs only half an hour in length. I’m not going to summarize the episode, but the story is basically the same from the novels/anime, with Yuuichi and Rika getting acquainted this episode leading up to her sending him to the library twice. Yuuichi’s character seemed to complain a lot more than his anime counterpart, and Rika smiled a lot more than hers. Hashimoto Atsushi and Ishida Miku did fine jobs as Yuuichi and Rika, respectively, but something about Yoshino Kimika’s performance as Akiko felt off until roughly halfway through the episode. In any case, I really enjoyed watching this, if for no other reason than because it brought nostalgic memories of the HanTsuki anime. Still, I don’t plan to continue blogging it mainly because I don’t have time.
I do want to add that I am also tentatively planning to watch at least the first episode of the Jigoku Shoujo drama coming on November 4th. I didn’t have any interest in doing the second anime series, but pure random curiosity has me drawn to the drama version, just like with HanTsuki. :)

October 20, 2006 at 9:42 pm
  • October 20, 2006 at 9:52 pmSaga

I had no idea such a thing existed! but… this rika doesn’t seem…very…young :X

• October 20, 2006 at 9:54 pmWaaaaa

Ah, it looks like this turned out well :)

• October 20, 2006 at 10:14 pmAmbient Escape

cool thanks

• October 20, 2006 at 10:24 pmEdogawaConan

I’ve been dl-ing it since last week… but still haven’t finished yet :( Good that someone makes review for this. And it looks interesting ^_^ thanks

• October 20, 2006 at 11:06 pmDanny

Cool…the anime was pretty good too

• October 20, 2006 at 11:49 pmkeith

zomg a live action show..first time i saw one recently blogged. Wait, this is also an anime?

• October 21, 2006 at 12:05 amvexx

It originally aired as a “short story” anime … and, like, Honey&Clover or Nana — the story was compelling enough to convert it into a live action show so the “anime-phobic” mainstream of Japan might get interested. These are interesting to me because it leads more and more of the curious to explore the realm where these cool ideas come from.

• October 21, 2006 at 12:28 ampsychohare

what anime is this based on?
    current drama that im very interested in is Tatta Hitotsu no Koi. Is it weird for a guy like me to like romance stories like this? I dun always watch romance dramas, just that most good dramas are romance anyways.

• October 21, 2006 at 12:36 amOmni

If you look at the categories on the right of this page, you’ll see that I have something labeled HanTsuki – the shorthand of Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noburu Sora. This is also shown in the category listing in the header of this post. That category includes all the entries for the six episodes of the anime version of this series.

As a side note, I tend not to watch too many dramas because they’re rather time intensive compared to anime (HanTsuki drama being somewhat of an exception). A lot of times I’ll write about the first episode of a new drama just to give people a small taste of what’s airing.

• October 21, 2006 at 1:34 amRefrainz

Off topic- just curious if you’re gonna finish off Utawarerumono ^^”.

Also still highly inticipating Hana yori dango s2.

• October 21, 2006 at 2:13 amasian182

this almost looks like the asian version of grey’s anatomy

• October 21, 2006 at 3:19 amAnonymous

Ooh, I hope some group picks this up.

• October 21, 2006 at 5:44 amRasmiel

Well, at least Rika’s actress isn’t too off…Anybody seen the Detective Conan drama? Ran’s actress was WAY off. -_-;

• October 22, 2006 at 12:04 amXeroFayt

It’s only 30 minutes? Awww.

Either way, I’ve been waiting for this for a while. I loved the anime counterpart and am looking forward to this rendition. I’ve disappeared from the Drama watching a bit (Bah, its been a while since I seen one… The last one was another run-through of Orange Days ;P) but I’m looking to this and HYD2 to get me back in the mood for sappy dramas :P

• October 22, 2006 at 2:20 ampsychohare

@Rasmiel
    yes i watched the Conan SP, Ran’s actress was a joke imo… i didnt like the way she portrayed her role…

i dun like dramas that make me sad >.

• October 22, 2006 at 9:44 amKimimaro

mmm this is off-topic but, i was watching the Jigoku Shoujo page and, Tsugumi looks like she has 19 years lol

• October 22, 2006 at 7:18 pmNutty

Just to make sure: didn’t Yuuichi’s actor (Hashimoto Atsush) play a Power Ranger not too long ago (I think it was the magic-based one)?

• October 23, 2006 at 2:09 amGStrike-

I really like this anime… I watched the opening and was like hey isn’t this like that “Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora” anime.. then I looked at the title and was like :O live action of it.. lol

• October 24, 2006 at 6:43 amimpz

hmm, the anime is really interesting, so i might just want to see the live action version. Sigh, i wonder if i can somehow get my hands on this one day.

*grumble* i guess i have to somehow hunt it down T_T

• October 24, 2006 at 9:44 amzhortz

is this series being subbed by any group yet? i really want to watch the live-action version of one of my fav animes… :O

• October 25, 2006 at 11:52 pmShin Asuka

Power Ranger!? Mahou Sentai Magiranger to be precised… >_> He is Kai(Magired)

• May 25, 2008 at 12:06 pmEriker

Live Actions suck, drawed animes are so much better, I almost had to puke by seeing Rikas face – people, she should bea real beauty and not some girl from the street…