SHUFFLE! MEMORIES – 02 »« SHUFFLE! – 24 (END)

SHUFFLE! MEMORIES – 01

OP:

SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   OP   01 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   OP   02 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   OP   03
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   OP   04 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   OP   05 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   OP   06

OP: 「Fateful Encounters」 by YURIA
Watch the OP! Mirror 1 Mirror 2

SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   01 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   02 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   03
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   04 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   05 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   06
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   07 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   08 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   09
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   10 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   11 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   12
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   13 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   14 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   15
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   16 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   17 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   18
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   19 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   20 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   21
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   22 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   23 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   24
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   25 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   26 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   27
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   28 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   29 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   30
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   31 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   32 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   01   33

Full recap this week, with Rin first introducing how the human world became connected to the god world and the devil world 10 years ago. The majority of the episode focuses on Rin talking about each character with scenes from the original series. The order he goes in is himself, Kaede, Shia, Eustoma, Forbesii, Nerine, Primula, Asa, Ama, Itsuki, Mayumi, and finally Benibara.

ED:

SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   ED   01 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   ED   02 SHUFFLE! MEMORIES   ED   03

ED: 「Innocence」 by 橋本みゆき (Hashimoto Miyuki)
Watch the ED! Mirror 1 Mirror 2
Although the ED is exactly the same, the new OP was animated somewhat differently. I say somewhat because a good part of it was just shots from various episodes we’ve already seen. Still, there was that shot of Primula sprouting wings and the focus on the girls. The new YURIA song is pretty catchy, and I like it about as much as the original OP.

Well, this was to be expected given how early reports said this show would be doing exactly what it did. I have no idea when they’re going to start showing new stuff, but they have promised it. Next week is supposedly the first part of the Kaede story.
Unfortunately, one of my worries was confirmed. Looking at the end of the episode and comparing it with SHUFFLE! Episode 11, it would seem that this season is going to be censored by things like fog.

January 7, 2007 at 3:23 pm
  • January 7, 2007 at 3:30 pmDaveJS

Ah censorship. I wonder why it’s happening now when it didn’t for Shuffle! This isn’t rated R-15 I take it?

• January 7, 2007 at 3:35 pmOmni

Well, this isn’t airing on pay satellite station WOWOW anymore, but rather a whole slew of regular stations.

• January 7, 2007 at 3:48 pmFat Cat Lim

So it’s basically a recap episode? That kinda sucks. Now we have to wait another week for the real episode.

>>it would seem that this season is going to be censored by things like fog.

As long as it isn’t the stupid police tape censors, I can somewhat accept fog…reluctantly.

• January 7, 2007 at 4:06 pmNekozama

but then again its a bit disappointing but fog is better than, “keep out” line (Chocosis)

• January 7, 2007 at 4:19 pmgolthin

How many episodes is this supposed to be? If it had the same end with a little new content I don’t think I will be following this show. I agree that I rather have fog than the ungly tape.

• January 7, 2007 at 4:19 pmEld

lol “KKK” in screen cap 12

• January 7, 2007 at 5:09 pmSuzuru

recap…

._.

• January 7, 2007 at 5:32 pmmutio

Lol, so many people anticipated this series and we got a recap episode as first one.. ^^
    I read some stuff in the Megami magazine about Shuffle! Memories, curious to see the second episode now!

• January 7, 2007 at 6:09 pmAnime Alcove

Excellent.. Shuffle! was an excellent anime in my opinion and a second season would definately be nice to see.. I plan on writing detailed episode reviews as soon as I have the time over at Anime Alcove, but it’s up in the air right now.. My blog is just starting out and I’ve already got so much to write about!

• January 7, 2007 at 6:51 pmpsychohare

censorship + recap = ???
    thats not the Shuffle i knew of!

• January 7, 2007 at 7:15 pmdeftoned

that eyecatch would make a nice wallpaper. :)

• January 7, 2007 at 7:23 pmTokijin1868

Hopefully they will release uncut DVD’s

but almost all the nudity in Season 1 was appropriate meaning it didn’t seemd forced everytime.

But pantyshots are another story

• January 7, 2007 at 7:29 pmVexx

Sounds like “fog to be removed for DVD” shenanigans… but yes, it is better than those stupid police line tapes (which just detract from an otherwise fairly decent story).

I’m expecting zippo to avoid disappointment here… I’ve heard some noise that either predicts:
    1) some post 1st season storyline focusing on each girl in sequence.
    2) a retelling of the basic story from each girl’s POV with some occasional new footage.

Either way, when the DVDs are released each one or two will be focused on a particular girl (or thats the speculation anyway). Whatever…

• January 7, 2007 at 7:51 pmTokijin1868

at least it’s not the Donkey’s from gunXsword

• January 7, 2007 at 8:26 pmAvisch

Wow I can’t believe I forgot this was premiering today. I haven’t watched all of the original series. But I’m wondering what they’ll do differently in this version.

• January 7, 2007 at 8:44 pmage

only the last episode will be totally new

• January 7, 2007 at 9:29 pmMike

wow!! i hope the ending would still be the same. T_T

• January 7, 2007 at 10:10 pmasian182

hmmmm i lost track of this anime is dat guy from this screen the lead guy http://randomc.net/image/SHUFFLE!/SHUFFLE!%20MEMORIES%20-%2001%20-%20Large%2028.jpg

caus if he is wow……..

• January 7, 2007 at 10:16 pmLink

hmmm i mgiht watch but i got to see what happens next ep first

• January 7, 2007 at 10:26 pmAishiteru

Well, first ep seems like a summary of what happen from the original Shuffle! hm? Quite a rough summary IMO. Still, this is only ep. 1 so we haven’t seen the best part of it yet.

• January 7, 2007 at 10:26 pmgolthin

Well, I finally watched the episode myself. I think this is just going to be the original shuffle, just made safe for broadcast TV with some new footage and not a second season or a remake. I was glad to see Benibara Nadeshiko sensei again, she is my favorite character.

• January 7, 2007 at 11:10 pmage

most of this will be a compilation with two episodes for each girl. only the last episode will be new and there’s rumors of a different ending (maybe harem or orange end).

since the creators of the game didn’t like what they did to orange, it looks like the compilation will be removing shots of the empty pot.

only things to look forward to until the last episode are the new special ops for each girl.

• January 7, 2007 at 11:40 pmvexx

Going with the manga ending… or a true polygamous ending would probably satisfy more fans though Asa fans might just spontaneously combust.
    Myself, I’d prefer a Sia+Nerine+Kaede ending (which the whole series premise and much of the plot line seemed to scream out for it…

• January 7, 2007 at 11:49 pmbrooklyn otaku

???WHAT DOES THE CLAN HAVE TA DO WITH THIS????

• January 8, 2007 at 1:24 ammutio

Mangas are very Sia focused btw. Did you read also the novels @ Vexx? Have some here and find them pretty nice.

• January 8, 2007 at 1:33 amAznSoulBoy

ME TOO Haha.

• January 8, 2007 at 7:55 amMonkeyBrains

I know it’s just the intro, but angel wings on Primula? Angel wings??? I don’t recall that in the original. Such an overused type of symbolism in anime. Lame…

• January 8, 2007 at 11:55 amRasmiel

…Such a boring episode.

• January 8, 2007 at 12:35 pmanamesis

the wings on primula just reminded me of the Op for innocent venus…
    >>>“this “Remake” just make me want to go and dig out my Shuffle DVD to rewatch the original again. ”

it didnt for me cause i hunted down copies of shuffle (i live in canada) and when i did find some all the character names had been changed to chinese stuff (rin=bing?) so….after watching that i dont think i can last through an episode without calling kaede feng again XD

• January 8, 2007 at 1:58 pmordnance11

I watched the raw..and for the life of me, I didn’t remember Nerine in the waitress uniform. boy, talk about bouncy!

• January 8, 2007 at 7:45 pmAznSoulBoy

“I didn’t remember Nerine in the waitress uniform”

Me neither. O.o

• January 8, 2007 at 8:19 pmOmni

That’s actually the maid uniform Nerine wore when she helped Rin move in during episode 22.

• January 8, 2007 at 8:35 pmSaviour

I hope Rin dies at the end of this series.

• January 9, 2007 at 9:53 amDon

All worship the new Shuffle Series!

• January 9, 2007 at 10:42 amordnance11

Now that I think about it, having Benibara sensei in the intro also, opens up the possibility of Benibara-sensei finding love. But with whom?

• January 10, 2007 at 12:46 amHudson

YEAH!!!!! The new SHUFFLE! Memories is now out! I can’t wait to see Kaede lose Rin to Asa all over again!

GO ASA!!!

• January 11, 2007 at 3:01 amPakxenon

>>wow!! i hope the ending would still be the same. T_T
    NO. Ending sucked.

I’m rooting for Kaede… again. XD

BTW, how many episodes?

• January 12, 2007 at 4:32 amait3nshi

im more of a kaede + sia fan…..hehe
    any1 with me?? XD

• January 13, 2007 at 11:32 pmWonTon

So this isn’t a continuation of the orginal Shuffle! but a remake with Rin getting together with a different girl?

• January 18, 2007 at 2:55 ammari

it was ok i didnt like that they used old video clips for a whole episode right now i am watching episode 2 i wonder when do they come out monday when?

• January 28, 2007 at 5:51 amwhatthehell

what the hell i it all i see are “please do not hotlink images”??? you phail!