Negima!? – 22 »« Negima!? – 20

Negima   21   13 Negima   21   14 Negima   21   15
Negima   21   16 Negima   21   17 Negima   21   18
Negima   21   19 Negima   21   20 Negima   21   21
Negima   21   22 Negima   21   23 Negima   21   24
Negima   21   25 Negima   21   26 Negima   21   27
Negima   21   28 Negima   21   29 Negima   21   30

Summary:

As she hangs on a rope over a large body of water inside the library, Yue thinks to herself that she’s been hiding her feelings. She knows that in reality, she’s been pretending not to notice because she didn’t want to admit them. Before she can think too much more about it though, her rope breaks, and Yue falls down towards the water. Negi is luckily there to catch her, and he’s concerned when she hurts her arm. Though Haruka suspects that Yue likes Negi, attention soon turns to the juice that Yue’s drinking. Negi has a drink of what turns out to be flatfish juice, and afterwards Motsu points out that Yue using the same straw makes it an indirect kiss. It is Motsu’s accusations that she fell in love with Negi that get Yue thinking about her feelings again. She then finds a four-leaf clover and wants to give it to Negi, but she doesn’t get a chance to get close to him because all the other girls in the class keep approaching him. Things are made worse when Haruka reminds her that Nodoka likes Negi, and Yue feels like she can’t do anything since Nodoka is her best friend.

When they’re reading together in the classroom later, Yue suddenly asks Nodoka why she likes Negi. Nodoka lists off several reasons, but she feels it doesn’t matter because you don’t need a reason to like someone. Yue can’t come to terms with this because it would allow her to like Negi too, and when Nodoka notices that something is wrong and tries to get Yue to talk about it, Yue says that it has nothing to do with her. Nodoka starts crying because of this, and it causes Yue to run away. She ends up heading to the banks of the lake where she sits alone until Nekane comes by to see what’s wrong. Nekane understands the pain Yue is going through because she also cannot tell a secret to someone important to her. On Nekane’s suggestion, Yue repeatedly yells at the top of her lungs that she loves Negi, and then she cries to Nekane. Feeling better, Yue finds Nodoka to apologize for earlier. She also gives Nodoka the four-leaf clover to give to Negi and decides that her feelings will stay a secret.

I thought this would be about Takamichi based on the ramen title, so I didn’t expect to see another Yue episode – especially not one with such relatively good animation quality. And while I’m frustrated that nothing happened again plot-wise, I did at least really enjoy the Yue and Nekane scene, and the Eva/Chachamaru-being-stranded part was amusing. I guess I just have to keep my expectations low, but it’s hard to do when I rewatched the first few episodes again the other night and realized how much better they are than anything recently.

February 21, 2007 at 10:27 am
  • February 21, 2007 at 11:15 amChiu^2

What exactly is Evangeline wearing at the end?

• February 21, 2007 at 11:29 amNobunaga

Seems to be a rather interesting episode with some Yue stuff.

By the way, can anyone try to translate this?

• February 21, 2007 at 11:56 amZzz…

…a spoof of that godawful cat suit Hazuki wears in MoonPhase I guess…

…Yue >>> Nodoka…I think so…

• February 21, 2007 at 12:05 pmSailor Enlil

• February 21, 2007 at 12:19 pmNobunaga

“Sailor Enlil at 12:05 pm on February 21st, 2007

:O Ako performing surgery!? Since when did she “graduate” from nurse to surgeon?”

XDXDXDXDXD

I started to think of this song of that pic. Enjoy!

• February 21, 2007 at 1:24 pmshh227

hmmm… once again no story which remides me of how school rumble was.
    All Yue in this episode

• February 21, 2007 at 1:32 pmShiro

When is Motsu going to get his own series? The thing is a god damn legend, in a good way.

• February 21, 2007 at 2:29 pmMutio

“And while I’m frustrated that nothing happened again plot-wise”
    Omni, that’s how this series is. It’s a comedy adaption of Negima, don’t expect the big story in it^^

• February 21, 2007 at 2:43 pmbrooklyn otaku

man we need mo anime like this. (suggestion) get twisted and watch!!!
    (question) WHO I GOTTA PAY TO GET SUB’S FASTER….I’M SERIOUS!

• February 21, 2007 at 2:46 pmSyaoran Li

Only 5 more episodes and where is the plot?! muahaha
    ^_^ Who cares….

• February 21, 2007 at 3:58 pmVexx

Early on, I characterized as “Negima!?: Big Freaking Pile of Omake” … and thats pretty much what it has been. It really isn’t even “negima alternative” but just a lot of interesting pictures, bits of art, comedy moments, random satire, and nonsense… in a good way.

• February 21, 2007 at 4:27 pmSin Ansem

The only thing I can consistently say that I don’t like about this series is that it led you to believe early on that, despite being simple, the plot would matter, especially considering how tense Episode 13-14 were. Then after the Black Rose Baron fiasco the series basically says LOL HUMOR and gives the finger to the plot.

Everything else… is comedy gold. In a good way.

• February 21, 2007 at 5:44 pmMutio

@Don: Vexx said already everything about this show. Just forget Negima and watch it for fun. Except the characters and some (small!) story parts there are no similarities to the original series.
    If you don’t watch this series, fine. Omni blogs what HE wants to and not what YOU want to, to make points clear here. It is HIS work, HIS time, HIS spirit which are forming this blog. If you can’t accept this I don’t understand why you are still reading this blog, honestly -_-

• February 21, 2007 at 7:39 pmNanami Kamimura

To Chiu^2: Cat suit complete with head. Period.

• February 21, 2007 at 8:16 pmShinji103

I’m also not expecting much plot-wise out of this series. It’s just for comedy. With all the shows out there striving for “TEH UBER PLOT!!!!” and some-such, it’s nice to have something that doesn’t seem to care for plot at all and just gives us comedy, just like ToLoveRu. :)

• February 22, 2007 at 12:31 amtensai_otaku

I JUST LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE FAN SERVICE !!!!!!!!!!!

• February 22, 2007 at 2:56 amHudson

Just when you think a show that’s already a piece of crap can’t get any worse, it does. Yet another waste of 30 mintues of air time.

Just stop blogging this thing. It’s going NOWHERE but downhill.

• February 22, 2007 at 3:16 amNekozama

Is it me or the Eva scene is a parody of Tsukuyomi Moon Phase :)

• February 22, 2007 at 7:05 amNanami Kamimura

To Hudson: I’m getting mad at your deriding remarks. Omni says that he watch and blog it, he watch and blog it. I don’t think he’ll drop this so stop yapping! You and your “friend” Don just keep quiet!

For the Eva/Chachamaru getting stranded, how did they get themselves stranded in the first place?

• February 22, 2007 at 12:27 pmHudson

Ignore me again since I have no life like that loser Don. Omni just continue deleting my post.

• February 23, 2007 at 12:41 amFict

Is Motsu lighting one up?

• February 23, 2007 at 10:11 amSin Ansem

I hear the plot is supposed to return next week.

After Chao’s “ZOMG I THINK THE WORLD IS GONNA END” Ep, we’ve got “Oh no, don’t do that Negi!” and “We’re your partners!” (that’s one episode) and then the “Climax”.

• February 23, 2007 at 6:04 pmVexx

I’m wondering if the fan polling brought on this “out of sync” Yue episode…. it is actually semi-serious and involves character exposition of Yue and Nodoka. No overall plot mind you… but a fragment. The very low level of merchandising has me wondering just how this is doing with the target audience (japanese fans). Anyone got rating stats, recent production comments, or some anecdotal noise from the *chan forums?