Seto no Hanayome – 01 »« Getsumen Toheiki Mina – 01

Ikkitousen DD   01   31 Ikkitousen DD   01   32 Ikkitousen DD   01   33
Ikkitousen DD   01   34 Ikkitousen DD   01   35 Ikkitousen DD   01   36

ED Sequence

Ikkitousen DD   ED   01 Ikkitousen DD   ED   02 Ikkitousen DD   ED   03
Ikkitousen DD   ED   04 Ikkitousen DD   ED   05 Ikkitousen DD   ED   06
Ikkitousen DD   ED   07 Ikkitousen DD   ED   08 Ikkitousen DD   ED   09

ED: 「硝子の花」 (Garasu no Hana) by 衣織 (IORI)
Watch the ED! Mirror 1 Mirror 2 (18.2MB, XviD)
There was no OP this first episode, just an ED. I didn’t really care much for the song, but the images of the characters they put up are significantly better quality than the episode itself was, along with being considerably more ecchi (i.e. how the nipples somehow poke through their clothes).

The first episode of Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny aired today on AT-X, and it was about what I had expected. I’ll say upfront that I don’t really have any intention of blogging this or even fully writing up this first entry, but there were a lot of people looking forward to this, so I thought I’d provide a glimpse of what the series looks like and the ecchi factor.

For starters, the character designs appeal to me a lot more then the original ones did (which I would probably attribute to the fact that Rin Shin is the character designer), but the animation quality was nothing really to call home about. There were a few well animated scenes, but more often than not I found it a bit lacking. Still, that’s in comparison to other shows I’m currently watching and not to the original Ikkitousen (which I think this is a tiny improvement over). Anyway, as expected, there were panty shots every fight scene and plenty of cleavage action. There was also shower/butt shot courtesy of Ryomou, but the real “nudity” came when Ryuubi lost her swimsuit in the pool. As you can see though, that shot was actually censored. I would assume that the white stuff will be removed in the DVDs given how there was nudity all over the place in the DVD promo that came out a couple of months ago. Actually, now that I think about it, I remembering seeing the AT-X version of that promo and all the nudity was censored out, so this shouldn’t have been a surprise for me.

All in all, the first episode didn’t particularly compel me to want to watch more of it. I’ve never been a huge fan of the show or its plot, so I was admittedly a bit biased against this coming in. And I think CODE GEASS alone these days is more than enough to fill the ecchi quota.

February 26, 2007 at 4:55 am
  • February 26, 2007 at 5:24 amAvexMode

• February 26, 2007 at 5:24 amDrayen

jesus when its that much ecchi oriented, why not just make an hentai instead of a “regular anime”

• February 26, 2007 at 5:51 amchaosdemon06

ooo waits for sayaman to have the raw ^^

Hakfu looks like she has control over her powers now, bad news for everyone else lol

• February 26, 2007 at 6:32 amAvexMode

And to think that people already complaining about the ecchi stuff in Code Geass.

• February 26, 2007 at 6:44 amHypernova

Given that the manga it’s based on floats purly on ecchi I’m not expecting much from this one. The production studio doesn’t have much material to work on but hey! Everyone loves Boobies!!!

• February 26, 2007 at 7:31 amKenta

other than the random boobs shots, code geass is completely ecchi-free, ok maybe if you exclude Nina.

• February 26, 2007 at 7:45 amRasmiel

Wow. This show is going wild on fanservice. Though I’m not too fond of the character designs so they aren’t much of Rasmielservice. :D

• February 26, 2007 at 7:47 amUchihaItachi

Whats this story about? Seems to contain loads of fanservice…

• February 26, 2007 at 8:06 amchris

WOAH. u just HAD to put tat butt shot on the front page -.-

• February 26, 2007 at 8:18 amsinistral

Ikkitousen FTW!

@UchihaItachi, Ikkitousen is a series that is loosely based on the Romance of Three Kingdoms. However, what makes Ikkitousen Ikkitousen is the amount of ecchi/fanservice and fight scenes.

Didn’t see Sonsaku Hakufu in any of the screencaps though.. ;_;

• February 26, 2007 at 8:38 amkiryuu

Just looking at the screen shots reminds me too much of divergence eve… *boing* *boing* *boing*

/me doesn’t bother looking around for this one.

• February 26, 2007 at 8:59 amWonTon

might as well be watching hentai if your gonna watch this

• February 26, 2007 at 9:17 amdward

I can’t believe they made this into an anime! I dropped the manga last year ’cause I can’t get use to the over-ecchiness (though its pretty decent with lots of fighting scenes). And now look at the screenshots….I’ll rather go for some other animes that’s not so revealing…..

• February 26, 2007 at 9:28 amKit-Tsukasa

looks like its still ecchi based rather than plot based. I’m quite disappointed. I thought the directors would have learned their lesson after the failure of the first series.

• February 26, 2007 at 9:59 amNegativeZero

Looks pretty much exactly what I was expecting, which is a good thing. I’m a bit disappointed that they’re censoring it, though. That said based off the caps, the AT-X broadcast is 4:3. Given that the promo material was 16:9 I’d theorise that one of the other broadcasters who start in a few weeks will do a proper widescreen broadcast and might even do it uncensored.

Also, unlike practically everyone nowdays, I’m not ashamed to admit that I actually *like* a bit of ecchi now and then. It’s certainly more appealing than the stupid cockteasing that’s become so prevalent recently. It seems like half the internet nowdays has been replaced with puritans who go up in horror whenever they see a nipple or a flash of panty in their anime.

• February 26, 2007 at 10:10 amZeroblade

“considerably more ecchi (i.e. how the nipples somehow poke through their clothes).”
    They clearly aren’t wearing a bra.

• February 26, 2007 at 11:13 amYyi

Ecchi’s a good thing, but certainly not safe for younger audiences or those surfing this site while working. Perhaps the front page preview could feature less screenshots that are NSFW. 1 or 2 shots of pantsu/partial nudity are fine, but definitely not more than that.

• February 26, 2007 at 11:19 amMutio

Finaly it’s out! Yay^-^

• February 26, 2007 at 11:29 amSCiPiO

heouwhduscbgygcysvcgsvcbxvcvxgscgsdvscjsjc

• February 26, 2007 at 11:31 amShinn Agami

Nipples? Cameltoes? what’s next? Sword Dildos? (heaven forbid)

• February 26, 2007 at 11:44 amkerem

simply non action hentai. sucksss. kurunaaaaa

• February 26, 2007 at 12:06 pmlinkinstreet

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
    uh.. sorry. gotten ahead of myself there

• February 26, 2007 at 12:10 pmpsychohare

yummy

• February 26, 2007 at 12:18 pmTyrenol

It’s not adult anime. So it sucks by default. Where’s Koukin, BTW? (If he’s not here having sex with one of the girls, it will suck even more.)

• February 26, 2007 at 12:52 pmEld

So much camel toe XD

• February 26, 2007 at 12:55 pmfirebrand

I am OBVIOUSLY going to get this. FANSERVICE FTW!

• February 26, 2007 at 2:24 pmOmni

While I don’t really consider the target audience for this site to be young enough not to be able to handle some censored nudity, I do realize that people may be trying to view this site from work and those images are relatively NSFW. They’ve been changed for now, but jaalin suggested I use this instead:

• February 26, 2007 at 2:31 pmjaalin

DO IT OMNI IT’LL BE FUNNY

• February 26, 2007 at 2:39 pmtensai_otaku

IKKITOUSEN = chibi hentai !!!( FAN SERVICE NO MEGAMI )
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I DO LOVE IT :lol:

• February 26, 2007 at 4:09 pmAvisch

This looks like on of the most bizarre anime/manga in existence…..It’s look reminds me of CLAMP’s X but more emphasis on……yeah ecchi.

• February 26, 2007 at 4:31 pmBaka-Kun

Hooray! Anime for the big boys!

Chock full of full figured ladies fightin’ shounen fights. It may not be cerebral, but it looks like a heck of a lot of fun.

Hetrosexual male oriented anime FTW!

• February 26, 2007 at 4:45 pmchaosdemon06

dammit, where the hell was Hakufu! please dont tell me there going to make the main character from last series just a sub character. She was the best character in the series last time. I’m not talking about big boobs and crap just her character in general, she was funny, and she wasnt scared to fight. All these new characters are mehhhh. For the 1st episode I was really disapointed they just wanted to introduce the characters and had a normal fight here and there blah . Fine do that in a pre special or something. Not the 1st episode. Seems there focusing this season on the tall chickee with long hair and spear.. Hakufu is like Ichigo and rukia to bleach this is basicly like starting a new bleach series and a major fight starts and ichigo and rukia are playing connect four somewhere. Just didnt make sence not to at least show her sitting down looking all cool. But I guess there going to spend episode 2 inroducing more characters.

• February 26, 2007 at 7:14 pmCyrusbunny

one word and it’s peverted!

P.S-is it true there’s a panty shot every 10 minutes?

• February 26, 2007 at 9:17 pmnoxian

“dammit, where the hell was Hakufu! please dont tell me there going to make the main character from last series just a sub character.”

well from what i saw, with a few alterations, they’re actually following the manga now. and about where they are (in the manga), Hakufu DOES pretty much become a sidecharacter for a while. around this part of the manga, focus shifted to the Seito girls, and even now, while Hakufu’s returned into the limelight, the manga pretty much spread the focus to include the Seito characters.

which is fine for me cause Kanu was always the best character for me (but i guess you need the benefit of knowing the manga)

• February 26, 2007 at 9:21 pmWhiteCat

I like it but not eveyone likes the same thing. I really liked the first season, but people say that it didn’t follow the manga and this season will alot more. I also like the character designs alot more then the first season. But being a girl i sometimes think the animaters my over do it with the fan service. Like how in the world can you loose a one piece bathing suit in a pool so easily? Anyways being a fan-girl I’m watching it due to mostly the guys, obviously. XD

• February 26, 2007 at 9:29 pmShippoyasha

What? I seriously hope you’re joking that the ecchi factor in Code Geass measures up at all to an entire show that devotes itself to one.

I don’t know. I always need shows like this just for the gratuity of it all (sex and violence). It looks good to me.

• February 27, 2007 at 1:20 amdeftoned

*yawn* :)

• February 27, 2007 at 2:24 amTimoshi

Holy crap… I gotta watch it, man!

• February 27, 2007 at 2:56 amIsshiyuzaku

MOAR.NI YOU JIANG S MA?cant w8 to see the whole anime ar o0

• February 27, 2007 at 3:04 amcoolxal

Lawl, Tenjou Tenge 2.

• February 27, 2007 at 3:53 amHudson

HOW CAN YOU NOT BLOGG THIS!?

• February 27, 2007 at 5:51 amKenta

Instead of ‘DO NOT CROSS’, it would be funnier to say ‘KEEP OUT!’ or ‘DO NOT ENTER’/’NO ENTRY’

or one of those signs you might find on the road, ‘WRONG WAY, GO BACK’

• February 27, 2007 at 7:20 amBanpeikun

Ecchi quota? I didn’t think there even was such a thing.

• February 27, 2007 at 10:34 amdenis

anyone can give a link of where i can download this? il be thankful.

• February 27, 2007 at 1:20 pmShinSenshi

“Moar. Im having problems watching the screencaps at work without anyone noticing.”

QUOTE FOR EMPHASIS XD

• February 27, 2007 at 1:22 pmShinSenshi

PS that poll is dead even btw, assuming you’re referring to this show =P

• February 27, 2007 at 8:54 pmalley

Ikki tousen is two words

• February 27, 2007 at 9:28 pmnoxian

“Ikki tousen is two words”
    if you want to be picky, considering that hiragana/katakana/kanji to romanji translation isn’t really all that standardized (you’ll even find “official” dictionaries that use different conventions), and japanese doesn’t space out its characters so that originallyitwasequivilenttowritinglikethisanyway, you’ll find that whether its “ikki tousen”, or “ikkitousen”, or “ikki tosen” (usually with a bar over the “o” indicating its long”, but sometimes just assuming you know), or “ikkitosen” pretty much will vary depending on who you ask.

• February 28, 2007 at 10:47 amShinigami_blood

Oh my god my nose is bleeding

• February 28, 2007 at 12:44 pmkeisuke Nonohara

hhehe, i’ve just saw the ending animation..and I have to tellyou that the ending animation was made by Kinji Yoshimoto and the lovely Satoshi Urushihara
    check at the minute 21:30 – 22:57 or so…
    so nice art…but the clothes look tatooed …

• February 28, 2007 at 3:12 pmAishiteru

That’s a lot of fanservice. Was it a little too much?

• February 28, 2007 at 8:43 pmAngelina

oh my gawd.
    -nose bleed-

• February 28, 2007 at 11:03 pmpurple nurple deluxe

Shinn Agami

they will have such things in the future

this anime too revealing i guess

• March 3, 2007 at 11:55 pmDvD

Hey ah is Koukin in this one too if not that will really suck i like him. The kind of fun seening the poor guy always get into some kind of mess.

• March 5, 2007 at 9:13 amadenread

This anime is as horrible as i remember it to be.

• March 5, 2007 at 6:29 pmKiminoharasuzaku V

the end theme for this show is way way too revealing

might as well call it some kind of extra extra strong ecchi i guess

full of meaningless fighting of sorts with out of control out of proportioned characters

how do they move around so fast?

• March 12, 2007 at 1:25 pmIchigo

Is this a remake of the original, or a continuation?

• March 12, 2007 at 9:37 pmShiro

Its following on from the first series — in the way the manga goes.

• March 18, 2007 at 2:38 amMarionette Messiah

Wouldn’t be Ikkitousen without ridiculously large amounts of fanservice, including but not limited to panty and/or cleavage shots.
    Lots and Lots of Ryofu Shimei, it seems, and a bit of Kanu…I ain’t complaining. Love them two.

Will be keeping an eye on this, yes I will!

• June 2, 2007 at 2:39 pmLauren

lol camel toe parade, no thx. so funny how it’s actually based on romance of the three kingdoms (respectable story) and turns into some perverted s*** almost looked like hentai to me. This IS one of those peverted shows that air ike 1 am in the morning in japan that people can watch paying more money through satellite, well the perverts

• March 8, 2008 at 2:04 pmPopHero

Quite a few animes out there with scantily clad babes out there in the lead. Not sure why this one is very popular.

• June 23, 2008 at 4:51 pmHazyvill

I love Ikkitousen series I just don’t like AT-X they always use censorship into a anime thats pretty annoying [TV-Japan] is the only one with Dragon Destiny’s complete DVD version but its RAW bad enough I hope someone will sub the DVD version would be nice.