Lucky Star – 04 »« Lucky Star – 02

Lucky Star   03   10 Lucky Star   03   11 Lucky Star   03   12
Lucky Star   03   13 Lucky Star   03   14 Lucky Star   03   15
Lucky Star   03   16 Lucky Star   03   17 Lucky Star   03   18
Lucky Star   03   19 Lucky Star   03   20 Lucky Star   03   21
Lucky Star   03   22 Lucky Star   03   23 Lucky Star   03   24
Lucky Star   03   25 Lucky Star   03   26 Lucky Star   03   27

Lucky Star   03   Preview 01 Lucky Star   03   Preview 02 Lucky Star   03   Preview 03

To be honest, I understood about 10% of this episode. Of course, this also means that the majority of this episode was straight conversation, and less of the fanbait references and such of the second ep. Who cares :D

So, let’s see…

- It’s time to change to the summer seifuku!
- As they’re waiting for the morning train, they talk about some more of the “random musings” of life, such as how to dress up a postcard, the relationship between the two twins.
- On the train, it’s really hot – Konata starts fanning herself in provocative ways which gets the guy sitting in front of her all hot and bothered.
- More Miyuki wisdom – why do people tend to get married in June?
- Konata used to like rain – since baseball games get canceled, the usual anime gets aired!
- Random Cromartie and Pani Poni Dash references…
- After her humiliating defeat at the arcade, Kagami challenges Konata to some PS2 action, and gets swept faster than the Lakers will be.
- Konata as the next KyoAni disciple of ponytail. Swoon~
- In the same way they bantered about food, the girls turn their discussion to talking about Miyuki, and how smart, hot, moe, etc she is. Who has confessed to her? Does she even realize she’s being confessed to?
- Lucky Channel segment 3: Seems like the next few segments will be dedicated to introducing the characters of the show. KyoAni messes with viewers once again by baiting us with imminent Akira transformations…but it only happens near the end! It’s like that one South Park Christmas episode where Kenny gets in all these fatal situations, but walks out unscathed each time…
- ED karaoke song: Sore ga Ai Deshou, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu OP, originally by Mikuni Shimokawa. Kinda weird hearing Konata switch from Guu-loli voice to her mature singing voice, but that was talked about too. This show holds no punches!

-jaalin

Better summaries to come when I learn more Japanese. Unlikely. Unless those Naruto guys make an anime about learning Japanese, where each new term is like a new jutsu…wouldn’t that be somethin

April 22, 2007 at 1:18 pm
  • April 22, 2007 at 1:23 pmOmni

Oh boy, I have Sore ga, Ai Deshou stuck in my head after watching this episode…
    I also half-expected Konata to pull out a horse head during that ponytail scene…

• April 22, 2007 at 1:24 pmKaris

Are they wearing summer uniforms now or is it something else?
    Anyway, can’t wait to see this!

• April 22, 2007 at 1:24 pmMutio

Our official star logo:
    Better sparkling isn’t possible :)

• April 22, 2007 at 1:26 pmNemo_N

Cute-Cute Kagami is just wrong. Looks great in a ponytail tho.

Sore ga Ai deshou….

• April 22, 2007 at 1:31 pmEdeddEddy

Has FMP? Fumoffu opening song

• April 22, 2007 at 1:33 pm11 pm

LOL Cromartie reference

• April 22, 2007 at 1:39 pmChiu^2

Is that a Pani Poni Dash Reference I see?
    This series gets weirder every episode(in a good way, of course)

• April 22, 2007 at 1:50 pmkeith

WTH cromartie high school?!! why is it in…lucky star

• April 22, 2007 at 1:56 pmjiv

OMFG!!! Cromatine!!! Pani Poni DasH!!! Gar and Moe overload

• April 22, 2007 at 2:16 pmmewmew

xD gosh lucky star just gets weirder! (which is very good ^^)

konata’s boke + kagami’s tsukkomi are funny as usual, although konata went overboard this time (kagami with tsukasa’s hair + ribbon looking “cute,” kagami in a ponytail, which definitely didnt look as good as it did on konata+tsukasa). not too much miyuki tho. hmm.

and hirano aya pulls off her “im singing seriously” voice. i do wonder if the other 3 will sing (most likely), but what will they actually pick?

the lucky channel segment was hilarious. akira’s double-sided nature shows up again, as she mumblse about how there are just as many fans/maniacs that will fancy her as much as they will for miyuki (and asks minoru if miyuki is superficially and in reality is a girl with loose morals who smokes! xD)

and…i seriously wonder if the lucky star animators were making the “drunk man” look similar to the “dad” on atashinchi on purpose…
    COMPARISON:

• April 22, 2007 at 2:31 pmNemo_N

I couldn’t understand a word of what Akira said, but if mewmew is right, is basically what I thought XD. Let’s hope she doesn’t go postal :P.

• April 22, 2007 at 2:33 pmjaalin

thanks for the info mew!

• April 22, 2007 at 2:47 pmRaadivaelin

Pani Poni Yeah!!

• April 22, 2007 at 2:59 pmTotali

This episode was very much like the first episode, and honestly, it was more Japanese culture references than it was random humor. I loved the FMP reference at the end and had a few laughs, but other than that this episode was honestly a let down. Not that I’m giving up on the show, but I can only say I like it, not love it. For me, that’s a first for something Kyoani has produced.

• April 22, 2007 at 3:52 pmWashi

Cromartie High School reference FTW!

Haha that is awesome.

• April 22, 2007 at 6:11 pmDrayen

glory for cromartie

• April 22, 2007 at 6:21 pmTien Guan

haha that is so true drayen

• April 22, 2007 at 7:01 pmlouis1552

hmm…i think i seen before it look like ToHearts and PaniPoni Dash. it look pretty funny.

• April 22, 2007 at 8:11 pmexaltdragon

LOL@train sceen.

LOL@Lucky Chanel

and MOE@Konata’s ponytail

• April 22, 2007 at 9:11 pmed2k

Funny Anime :-)

• April 22, 2007 at 9:48 pmWenceslao

hi everyone, i would like to be a member of this so what should i do. so can you response by the msm my msm is wenceslao_999@hotmail.com. i would like to meet other people

• April 22, 2007 at 9:52 pmR.I.C.K.

SUGOI……….>-

• April 22, 2007 at 10:11 pmmoondoggiebuiscuit

“To be honest, I understood about 10% of this episode. Of course, this also means that the majority of this episode was straight conversation, and less of the fanbait references and such of the second ep. Who cares”

Your right about the 10%. I only understood 5% (I was too busy playing Yggdra’s Union). Can’t wait for the subs.

• April 23, 2007 at 12:09 amJCSlim

omg!! I wanted to hear Aya hirano sing the entire song!!! DAMMIT!!!!

• April 23, 2007 at 1:31 amMr.P

I thinks, this is the first time since the beginning of series that Kagami ‘win’ against Konata.

• April 23, 2007 at 2:40 amBOZZ

Oh man, that ED op… I think I’m with Omni (on his first post), the song is in my head >

• April 23, 2007 at 2:50 amVexx

I’m looking to be happy with most of the episode… but I’d prefer “reference gag insertions” to be more subtle or in context with what Konata is doing at the time. The manga stands on its own pretty nicely without gratuitous inserts.

I’m also kind of mixed on Kona actually trying to sing her last karaoke song in tune (Hirano) as I found her dynamic and energy-filled screeching to be quite endearing. Now we’ll get to hear what kind of songs the other characters like (someone suggested Miyuki would like little kid’s show themes, heh).

• April 23, 2007 at 3:11 amwaterfall

References? Parodies?

Here’s another one!

• April 23, 2007 at 6:27 amRandomDendohfanboy

Oh, oh, is that a shot at the Lakers?! Oh well I don’t mind. Raptors will pull out wins anyway.

• April 23, 2007 at 6:46 pmmewmew

@ waterfall.

xD i must agree, konata looks disturbingly like shana…just more lax, anime-crazy, and mellow. and i guess im not the only one that found similarities between kagami and tohsaka rin xD

• April 24, 2007 at 5:37 amblerg

man, you pretty much have to be a hard core otaku or at least live in japan to even understand most of those references.
    could become incredibly popular in japan but hard to imagine it being licensed.

• April 24, 2007 at 6:33 amuatafak

anyone noticed keiichi and rena from higurashi? (19:06)

• April 24, 2007 at 2:21 pmjaalin

uatafak, that’s an amazing catch – buuuut she the girl has long hair, whereas rena had the shortish hair. however, if that really was intended to be a higurashi reference… i would think there’s a lot more of those ultra subtle references elsewhere

• April 24, 2007 at 7:26 pmJS

Cromartie, Pani Poni and Fumoffu for the win!

• April 25, 2007 at 2:23 amEien

yea she do kinda look like Rena with a long hair xD

• April 28, 2007 at 2:52 pmShinSenshi

This show pwns this season (Gurren-Lagann fanboys tend to disagree though, haha)

• May 6, 2007 at 12:31 pmXnone

This anime Rule. in my country ,they have many fansubber try to do it.

Dragon quest 5 also mention in this episode about which one you want to marry ? Childhood friend or Loverly rich girl.Kagami come in and said “Bianca!” ,lol i love this

• May 24, 2007 at 11:39 amTetsuei

My god, Aya does an AMAZING Sore Ga Ai Deshou. I hope there’s a cd that has all of them doing these retakes on the songs… I’d buy it just for that one song. Then again, I don’t recognize any of the other ones anyway… >