Random Musings – Claymore Edition »« D.Gray-man – 36

D.Gray man   37   01 D.Gray man   37   02 D.Gray man   37   03
D.Gray man   37   04 D.Gray man   37   05 D.Gray man   37   06
D.Gray man   37   07 D.Gray man   37   08 D.Gray man   37   09
D.Gray man   37   10 D.Gray man   37   11 D.Gray man   37   12
D.Gray man   37   13 D.Gray man   37   14 D.Gray man   37   15
D.Gray man   37   16 D.Gray man   37   17 D.Gray man   37   18

Summary:

On their way to find Froi Tiedoll in Barcelona, Daisya and Kanda’s Finder asks them what the general is like, but before they can answer, they come under attack by Akuma. As he activates his Innocence to fight, Daisya reveals that the day he first met Tiedoll was just like today. Back then, Daisya had been the eldest son in a family that owned a small store, but he wasn’t keen on helping out and instead went to play soccer. On one particular day, he noticed someone – Froi Tiedoll – painting by the beach, and when Tiedoll stepped away for a moment, Daisya drew on the painting. Tiedoll returned to find the Innocence in his pocket reacting to the boy, but when he asked for Daisya’s name, Daisya ran away. Fortunately, Tiedoll was much faster than Daisya and cut off his escape, so Daisya had tried to kick the soccer ball at him. To Daisya’s surprise, Tiedoll kicked the ball back with an incredible amount of force, and he even invited Daisya to lunch. It is while eating that Tiedoll asked if Daisya wanted to become an Exorcist and revealed that Daisya is compatible with Innocence. Daisya, however, didn’t respond well to it and ran off, though he kept thinking about it for the rest of the day and through the night.

The next day, Daisya’s town came under attack by Akuma, and it was Froi Tiedoll who saved them. Afterwards, he pointed out to Daisya that those were Akuma and that the world was filled with them. This experience caused Daisya to start questioning if he could fight too, to the point where he barely responded to his duty of taking care of his siblings. That night, his father noticed him staring into the distance again and apologized for not being able to find what Daisya wished for. After another day of thinking, Daisya made up his mind to leave home. His mother had tried to stop him, but his father had let him go, and as Daisya was leaving, he decided to take with him the round bell hanging outside the door of their home. With this in hand, he found Tiedoll and set off to become an Exorcist. Now, many years later, Daisya is still using that bell as his anti-Akuma weapon. Once the battle is over, Kanda notices how happy Daisya is with the prospect of fighting more Akuma in Barcelona, and Daisya explains that he hates being bored the most.

Back at Black Order headquarters, Komui gets a report about the Akuma activity in the vicinity of Barcelona. Since he knows Tiedoll is there, Komui remembers what happened to Yeegar and orders Exorcists and Finders in the area to head to Barcelona. The thing that soon comes to everyone’s mind is what would happen if Tiedoll’s Innocence is the Heart that they’re all looking for.

D.Gray man   37   Preview 01 D.Gray man   37   Preview 02 D.Gray man   37   Preview 03

I thought the past of Daisya Barry was overall pretty boring, though I guess Froi Tiedoll showing off his power wasn’t too bad. It was interesting to see that Daisya’s father recognized that his son wanted something more and let him go, but that alone wasn’t enough to make the episode particularly compelling. I also had an issue with the animation quality this week, which while not horrible, it seemed like all the explosions looked exactly the same (more so than usual).
In any case, this is the last episode of D.Gray-man that I intend to blog. I’ve seen great potential in the series from the manga, but I just don’t get that same feeling from the anime, and these past seven or so weeks of episodes have been more of a chore for me to blog because I just don’t enjoy the anime version.

June 19, 2007 at 8:57 pm
  • June 19, 2007 at 9:19 pmGStrike-

FTP!! back from class ^^

• June 19, 2007 at 9:37 pmriki

Thank you!

• June 19, 2007 at 9:40 pmKirakun

it is great and all that they added fillers to reveals some Exorcist ability unlike the manga. Enough of fillers now, back to the main story guys!

• June 19, 2007 at 9:52 pmInuhanyou

.-. they always have the exact same explosions in d gray man omni you know that.

Plus that whole “pick a card choose an enemy to slaughter” the earl presented last episode i do not think was in the manga..did they do that so the noahs could get killed off in time for the 50 episode conclusion? cause unless they go over the limit they’d pretty much have to..

• June 19, 2007 at 9:54 pmChaos2Frozen

Sadly I agree ^^;

It’s not the the filler (It’s more or less is already) were all boring, but it’s getting abit long…

• June 19, 2007 at 10:37 pmOMGZergRush

• June 19, 2007 at 11:48 pmBean Sprout

Dude, I like how they show the other exorcists abilities and all, but what is with the damn fillers?

This episode is like, #37 and rumors say that Dgray is gonna be a #50~51 episode anime?
    They should really cut the fillers and get on with the story like in the manga.

• June 20, 2007 at 12:12 amOmni

The explosions usually don’t bother me, but for some reason, they stood out like a sore thumb this week.

• June 20, 2007 at 12:38 amAL

dose this episode look short to anyone?

• June 20, 2007 at 2:35 amYume

• June 20, 2007 at 3:35 amChavenz

is Froi Tiedoll’s power the same Show Spoiler ▼

?

• June 20, 2007 at 11:28 amUninstall

Lookz like it gonna extend to season 2 hehe

• June 20, 2007 at 12:38 pmGuido

Either next week or the following one we’ll get a new ending song.

• June 20, 2007 at 2:57 pmBROOKLYN otaku

sorry to piss some of you off with my bitching about the fillers, but heres another reason why it fucking perplexes me. take the show “KEKKAISHI” which is a great goddamn show by the way…anyway…look what ep the manga is at and look how close the anime is trailing! AND THEIR DOING FINE WITH THE PACEING!!!! and its also SO spot on with the manga..how come they can do it??? is it a more popular show?? now look at d gray man manga..HOLY SHIT!! THERES TONS OF MATERIAL TO PUT TO ANIMATION, i’m talking major power up’s major battles,SO MANY, so why WHY WHYYYY!!!! must we be subjected to this DRECK. maybe its a conspiracy to make us hate thhe franchise. all i’m saying is that with the current manga you got 20+ episodes EASY. so why they fronting. this shit aint naruto. but its getting there…i’m only saying this cause i really like the manga and it breaks my fucking heart

• June 20, 2007 at 3:25 pmDEATH

It seems like the anime is only looking into the characters rather than animating the battles. It makes it boring when you read the manga.

• June 20, 2007 at 5:41 pmhom-E

Quit bitching about fillers. Some of them are bad but some of the fillers are pretty good and it’s better than the show ending in a handful of episodes.

• June 20, 2007 at 8:58 pmkashley16

totally i agree… I like watching other exorcists fight, then just Allen all the time, then that would bore me… I loved Kanda’s episodes by the way…. They were so good. You don’t have to make so many bad comments about the fillers. If you don’t like it, then don’t watch it… It’s so simple.

• June 20, 2007 at 11:39 pmChavenz

If only the animation quality is good.. *roll eyes*

• June 21, 2007 at 4:01 amBROOKLYN otaku

OKay! i was just wondering if anybody else thought it was weird but i see most you guys are happy with the show. not another word from me. later

• June 21, 2007 at 7:52 amBe-Ride

I’ve dropped around episode 10 I think, the manga is great and I’m looking forward for new chapters but the anime is a bit slow, too much insignificant and boring side stories which breaks the rythm and tension completely…

• June 27, 2007 at 12:20 pmhehe

i think the anime is starting to look up….cause there getting close to the manga chaps.

• July 11, 2007 at 12:16 pmDGM

D.Gray-Man FANS should go here for the latest D.Gray-Man EPS, Manga, ETC

• August 7, 2007 at 4:52 pmVan

I lost my interest in D. Gray-man a long time ago, when it started to air the goddamn filler eps and it seems like its running till now. This show is rly sucking, the manga is so much better, maybe i start to watch it again once they come back on manga’s trail.

• August 13, 2007 at 2:41 pmSpazzy

Aw, no more blogging from you? Well, I don’t blame you. I’d stop too after all those damn fillers. Plus, I think this is going waaay too slow for me.

• September 21, 2007 at 10:08 amDGMAN

i think it will go back to manga in episode 51, because they’re in china now in the most recent episode, plzz blog this again.

• September 27, 2007 at 6:10 amDGMAN

its finally back to the manga!!!!! in episode 51, they’re at the mistress in china. YESS!! FINALLY!!!

• October 12, 2007 at 1:21 amaria

??????????’ continue 38????????’

• October 28, 2007 at 12:27 pmmyanimesong >> You can now listen to D.Gray-man’s song within my blog

Yup, Daisya is going to be killed next, it’s like the whole ep 37 is to intro this character so that they can kill it off.

• June 12, 2008 at 6:23 pmJOEL PEREZ

DEAR D GRAY MAN I DONT LIKE MAI HIME AND MAI OTOME TURN OFF MAI HIME AND MAI OTOME AND CUT OFF MAI HIME AND MAI OTOME GOOD EYE BUT NOW GAVE THE NEW ARCHIES AND IDOLMASTER XENOGLOSSIA PUT ON SHOW DVD I LIKE D GRAY MAN COOL LOVE ALLEN WALKER BOYFRIEND AND JOEL PEREZ THANKS YOU JOEL PEREZ BE HAPPY OK THANKS ALLEN WALKER PROMISE JOEL PEREZ THIS FALL D GRAY MAN DVD OK