School Days – 02 »

School Days   01   10 School Days   01   11 School Days   01   12
School Days   01   13 School Days   01   14 School Days   01   15
School Days   01   16 School Days   01   17 School Days   01   18
School Days   01   19 School Days   01   20 School Days   01   21
School Days   01   22 School Days   01   23 School Days   01   24
School Days   01   25 School Days   01   26 School Days   01   27

Summary:

Itou Makoto rides the same train to school as the girl that he has started to admire, Katsura Kotonoha, so he takes her picture with his cell phone one day. It is believed that if you set the photograph of the person you like as your cell phone wallpaper, then your love will come true if no one finds out about it for three weeks. Makoto, however, thinks that this is ridiculous, and once he gets to school, he prepares to delete her picture from his phone. However, someone suddenly asks what he’s looking at, and that someone is Saionji Sekai, his classmate who has the seat next to him. Because she figures out that Makoto likes Kotonoha, he warns her not to tell anyone. However, when Sekai later leads him up to the school rooftop, she shows him a picture of herself and Kotonoha taken during gym class. She starts to fill him in on what she learned about Kotonoha, but he gets so mad when he thinks that she told someone that he pushes her against the railing. After she reassures him that she hasn’t told anyone, Sekai points out how bad it’d be if anyone saw him holding her like that. Once he lets go, she offers to help him with his unrequited love, and Makoto has no choice but to accept.

The next day, Sekai writes Makoto a few more notes concerning what she knows about Kotonoha before she drops the big news: they’ll be eating lunch with her. Makoto feels that he isn’t prepared for this yet, and it doesn’t help that he learns that although Kotonoha doesn’t have anyone she likes, she has someone she’s interested in. Sekai eventually forces him to go up to the rooftop with her, and after introductions, they have lunch. Kotonoha has made sandwiches, but both Sekai and Makoto soon find out how bad they taste. Not wanting her to feel bad, Makoto wolfs down the rest of the them anyway. Once he’s done choking them down, Kotonoha wipes his mouth, and both become embarrassed when they realize what she’d one. When Sekai excuses herself to leave them alone, Makoto tries to explain to Kotonoha that he’s usually more composed than this. Later that night, Makoto expresses his gratitude towards Sekai over the phone for getting him the chance to talk with Kotonoha like that. He also admits that he’s going to tell Kotonoha his feelings for her, so Sekai urges him to do his best.

During gym class the following day, Kotonoha reveals that Makoto confessed to her that morning. She had accepted his feelings and now reveals that the person she had been interested in was none other than him. Thus, Kotonoha is very happy and thanks Sekai for introducing them. That afternoon, Sekai finds Makoto waiting at the train station for Kotonoha who had committee work to do. Sekai explains that she did all this because it was fun, and since Makoto insists on paying her back for it, she suddenly kisses him. Before he can react, she runs onto the train, and as it pulls out of the station, she starts crying.

ED Sequence

School Days   ED   01 School Days   ED   02 School Days   ED   03

ED: 「ウソツキ」 (Usotsuki) by CooRie
Watch the ED!: Mirror 1, Mirror 2
No OP this week, just an ED. It’s a CooRie song though, so I don’t have much to say about it since the more I listen to her songs, the more they start to blend together.

The first episode of School Days is about what I expected in terms of good production quality and covered pretty much everything I had read about in promotional material for the show (from Sekai setting up Kotonoha and Makoto to Sekai kissing Makoto). Given that this series is only 13 episodes long, it’s apparent that they’re not wasting any time in getting the plot going by setting up the love triangle between Makoto and the two girls. This first episode doesn’t make me hate Makoto yet, but I’m sure if they make him as bad as he’s rumored to be, that’ll be forthcoming.
Overall, this seemed like a nice romance show, but I wonder if it’s being deceptively peaceful now so that the later violent parts (if they should decide to go that path) have more impact. Even though it’s still too early to tell what direction they’re going to be headed in, I can’t help but question if the title screen abruptly shattering like glass means anything – a hint to the shattered peace later, perhaps. This show has a lot of emotional drama potential, especially since it starts out somewhat similarly to KimiNozo, so I’m really looking forward to what happens from here. For now, I’m rooting for a Sekai ending.

July 3, 2007 at 5:32 pm
  • July 3, 2007 at 5:41 pmNaakay

The whole peaceful thing makes the anime so much better to watch, especially if you know what’s going to happen so I really hope they do go down the more violent path later.

• July 3, 2007 at 5:41 pmWcastro

holy shit!!! i need more spoirler for this episode.

• July 3, 2007 at 5:44 pmmutio

“This seemed like a nice romance show, and I wonder if it’s being deceptively peaceful now so that the later violent parts (if they should decide to go that path) have more impact.”
    Video:
    Demo:

• July 3, 2007 at 5:44 pmLile_dawsons

I’ve been waiting for this for ages. I can’t wait until they sub it. I hope that the ending wouldn’t be too similar to the worst (

• July 3, 2007 at 5:47 pmAL

i have a bad feeling about this show……..still it looks nice to watch……..for now.

• July 3, 2007 at 6:01 pmXellos-_^

“I’m rooting for a Sekai ending.”

I prefer the lesbian ending if we are going to have a peaceful one.

if not then:

“DEATH TO THE BASTARD”

• July 3, 2007 at 6:07 pmGenestarwind

Isn’t this episode appeared last month?? There was a sub for it.

• July 3, 2007 at 6:15 pmBROOKLYN otaku

i’m rooting for the HEADFIRST SUICIDE DROP ENDING”KA-SPLAT!!!”, or the STAB’EM UP IN THE PARK ENDING” BLARGH!!!!!”.. just tell me when their out omni

• July 3, 2007 at 6:15 pmShiro

Damn, i was hoping we’d get to hear the OP in the first episode. Ah well, it makes more sense this way.

TRAIN WREAK HAS BEGUN!

• July 3, 2007 at 6:15 pmQuina

What the… are you really blogging this series!?
    lol I am also root for one of the bad endings. GO PSYCHO GIRLS KILL THEM ALL!

“I’ve played the visual novel a bit and it’d be tough for them to avoid an R15+ rating when they will choose THAT path.”

Dood this thing is 18+ rating, its hentai. The guy even H that loli in one of the route.

• July 3, 2007 at 6:19 pmmutio

I don’t meant the h stuff, that’s clear. Rather the violent stuff ;)

• July 3, 2007 at 6:24 pmGStrike-

oh shitz this includes the expansion girls also ^^

• July 3, 2007 at 6:32 pmanim3guy

i’m rooting for kotonoha she is a nice girl

I like the ending where sekai dies.

the 2nd picture in the ED sequence is the sister of sekai in summer days

• July 3, 2007 at 6:34 pmAlpha123

Kotonoha FTW! If there gonna do a bad end lets do the stabby Sekai ending, bleed the bastard out!

• July 3, 2007 at 6:38 pmAnimeLollipop

I went on wikipedia and I was reading about the bad endings and there really sad.
    These are the endings (read the bad ones first; The Blood Conclusion freaks me out):

• July 3, 2007 at 6:55 pmking

im hoping the guy gets a mental breakdown and goes crazy making him go on a killing spree

• July 3, 2007 at 6:55 pmGP

For those who’ve seen the first ep arleady, and have also played the game. Do they have his personality the same? I always figured they’d change him a bit for the show, make him less of an ass unlike in the game.

• July 3, 2007 at 6:59 pmSniper

Hoping for a bad ending.lol.And x-death have h version.

• July 3, 2007 at 7:10 pmWererat42

From what I’ve heard Makoto is the most pathetic male protagonist *ever*, topping even Takayuki from Kiminozo.

• July 3, 2007 at 7:13 pmsetsuke

Let’s just hope that suicide, chinsaw, and blood spilling out won’t come out for the anime version of ending, but the animation is a lot nicer than the game. Still i was hoping that it will be a completely different ending in the 1st ep though :( most of the main part in the game is still the same.

• July 3, 2007 at 7:27 pmcapture

looks like there’s many wishing for a bloody ending including me har har har…

• July 3, 2007 at 7:29 pmTolitz

Been waiting for this for some time… really glad you’re gonna blog this!

I’m probably one of the few who wants a happy ending… but that doesn’t mean they can’t incorporate the “bad” endings either… maybe a “dream sequence” for Makoto on possible consequences… that’ll work for me :)

And I’m with you… I like Sekai better, so I’m hoping for that ending.

- T

• July 3, 2007 at 7:33 pmSailor Enlil

I’m sure they’ll have to keep the violent scenes off the TV series, given the nature of the story and to avoid the dreaded R-15 rating or worse. Mostly likely the drama will soar to great heights almost to the point that if it wouldn’t be diffused soon enough (i.e. before the series ends), things would explode in everyone’s faces.

• July 3, 2007 at 8:24 pmkadian1364

I can see it now. A new “Poll of the Day”: given a choice of any “good” ending and any “bad” ending to School Days, I predict that Random C visitors would lean at least 95% in favor of “bad” endings. Look, who reeeeeally wants to watch another “dating-sim-turned-anime adaption” when we can watch little girls cut each other up?

Speaking of which, when does Higurashi start?

• July 3, 2007 at 8:25 pmbanzemanga

Actually, the whole thing gets so messy that there is no one to blame. At least, that is what i remember from playing the game. But certainly Makoto is the number one to blame.

• July 3, 2007 at 8:29 pmJack

cool^^

• July 3, 2007 at 8:49 pmpadfoot135

yup… it’s gona be more and more voilence… the games seems to sux… it was considered the worst game released… lol!!! anyway… i’v finihs watching the whole thing and it’s not bad…

• July 3, 2007 at 9:16 pmGStrike-

@kadian1364 doesn’t it air on fridays?

• July 3, 2007 at 9:44 pmkaori

so omni will you be blogging this?

• July 3, 2007 at 9:47 pmRinkun

@padfoot135
    the game isnt sux….is just annoying cause the patchs for the game is over 1gb…
    anyway hope they make a anime orignal ending cause the ending in the game is too bloody XD

• July 3, 2007 at 11:04 pmdead

… thought that this episode released a couple of months ago was already a good start to an anime.. but they sorta had to change it huh.. >

• July 3, 2007 at 11:12 pmdead

dunno if that’s right.. if it’s not then just go to http://www.veoh.com then search SchoolDaysepisode 1 there’s an episode released a couple of months ago regarding school days >

• July 3, 2007 at 11:22 pmZzz…

SCHOOL DAYS!!!

Too bad 24 to 1 that it is neutered so badly that the whole point of the game is lost. You know…a anti-dating sim. “There’s Hell to pay for messing with girls’ feelings.”

• July 3, 2007 at 11:30 pmmango

this anime looks good =) i’ll try it

• July 3, 2007 at 11:34 pmJhkplaya888

yes i saw the veoh, i actuly uploaded that one just now on veoh, but people are saying it is the hentai (ONA) version not the anime…can someone answer?

• July 4, 2007 at 1:36 amzoozoz

i hope they choose the “To My Children” ending (of course they could change how she over-hears them), that would be awesome

• July 4, 2007 at 1:47 amKirakun85

this seems to be the same as the openning episode for the visual game
    really hyped about this

• July 4, 2007 at 2:47 amasian182

does any1 have a guess how this anime will end i saw the endings b4 an they were uhhhh not quite what i expected

• July 4, 2007 at 2:59 ampakxenon

I hope they do something completely unconventional from other anime and GO FOR THE VIOLENT ENDINGS. Hopefully.

I’m rooting for sweetheart Kotonoha. She’s just too cute.

• July 4, 2007 at 3:22 amshh227

Damm have to wait for the subs.

All I can say a love triangle that is going to end in death!

• July 4, 2007 at 4:09 amDarklord

Heh, I hope they do not go for any of the “bad” endings.

But on the other hand…I probably will not be following this show, so I do not care that much. I cannot stand pathetic male protagonists. Such characters give a bad name to all men in general. I still remember how I wanted to punch the screen every episode while watching KimiNozo.

Well…I got that out of my system. To those who are looking forward to this show, please enjoy it!

• July 4, 2007 at 4:45 amdward

Aw shit…this anime better not follow the game’s endings. All of ‘em sound pretty shitty and bloody to me (except for the happy ending and harem ending). Worse of all, I hate animes with an indecisive protagonist and I hate seeing the girls getting sad and all. That’s most probably one of the reasons why I enjoy animes with a harem theme. Well, I suppose I’ll read the weekly reviews (if any) before deciding whether I should get this.

• July 4, 2007 at 5:03 amyomax

Hm…1 guy and a lots of girls. I’m almost 100% sure that they not make a bad/bloody ending. Probably (another) harem anime? I heard that the game was terrible. If thats so,than they need something new. They not gonna make the same mistake twice. Probably a Kotonoha/Sekai happy ending. No ones going to die. I dunno about this animes genre,but if this is a school/romance thingy than a happy ending. If theres drama in it,than bad,maybe bloody. So lets hope for the best. I prefer the happy ending better. yomax out

• July 4, 2007 at 8:45 amfayte

I really like this anime the first time I saw it. The opening and the ending was good.
    I’ve watched some parts of the anime and it really shocked me!

I hope you would continue in posting episodes for this anime because its really hard to search for a site where onecan get summaries/episodes…

Take Good Care of Yourself!

• July 4, 2007 at 8:50 amIkanitam

got 2 agreed wif Genestarwind-it already been around on d net since last month.. wat giv?

n yeah-love d 1st episode

• July 4, 2007 at 8:52 amIkanitam

got 2 agreed wif Genestarwind-it already been on d net since last month-watch it and like it :)

• July 4, 2007 at 9:20 ammaglor

I believe the music in this episode gave pretty strong hints favoring the ‘bad end’ with all the non-harmonic tones thrown in to abruptly derail the natural development of initial musical idea/passage. I find it not surprising that Sekai will have many fans as she and her friend, Setsuna, are the most complex characters in this series.

Makoto is already showing the signs of typical loser Harem male syndrome, for real man would have reacted much cooler and steady headed toward Sekai’s comments and would either firmly refuse Sekai’s invitation to lunch or accept and coolly prepare for it. No matter what the ending will be, they can’t make this ‘drama’ without making Makoto the losingest harem male lead ever, so I don’t see how this series will not make Makoto behave even worse and wishy-washy.

• July 4, 2007 at 11:19 amIsabelle

omg!! this better be a good anime..cuz ive been look for one for the longest time..anyways im still tryin to finnish SOLA ..and its soo good.and tat girl with long hair reminded me of her lols xD hehe

• July 4, 2007 at 1:54 pmmutio

Hey Omni, are you sure that this show will have 13 episodes?
    Since on the official site for DVDs they only list 12.

• July 4, 2007 at 2:10 pmJhkplaya888

omg does any one noe who is going to sub this or when?

• July 4, 2007 at 2:39 pmyomax

Watched the 1st ep just now. Firts impression….Makoto is an idiot and i hate Kotonoha’s character and voice. Sekai is the best. Dunno about the (game’s) story,but she MUST survive. :D When Makoto & Sekai was on the schools roof i though for a sec that Makoto go insane or something and drop down Sekai from the roof.

• July 4, 2007 at 5:52 pmMiyavi

??? school days was posted on youtube a while ago, good anime though.

• July 4, 2007 at 8:59 pmOmni

mutio: I’m just going by what MOON PHASE and syoboi say.

And for anyone asking, yes, I will be blogging this.

• July 4, 2007 at 9:20 pmbiankita

i liked it. i never played the game, but i liked it. at least, the pacing was good.

• July 5, 2007 at 10:10 pmFlameStrike

Hmm about the same as the game version, although I liked the game version better it passes. Heh Makoto’s problem is that he FIRST screws the girls THEN picks one… what cunt.

• July 7, 2007 at 12:49 amSuperscooper

At this point i will take any ending except the bloody ending. For some reason i feel more depressed when someone is rapped rather than when someone is killed XP

• July 8, 2007 at 5:29 am~hot pink

~its cute im hoping that i could watch this anime in t.v

• July 9, 2007 at 7:11 amEuna

this seems like a pretty good series ^^ can’t wait for episode 2!

• July 10, 2007 at 2:20 pmMeeM

eehh ..how come I nvr see a few scene from above? did I DL the wrong one?
    (?.?)

• July 10, 2007 at 2:31 pmMeeM

• July 11, 2007 at 12:19 pmSyaoran Li

A romance high school drama, a long time without one…

I’m routing for Kotonoha, I like more her character; but it would be interesting to see those violent paths that you mentioned. I’m going to read about it in Wikipedia, I need to very well inform of what the hell I’m seeing here.

WOW! Very impressive… and if Makoto is really a bastard, he deserves to die…

I’ll keep along with you…

• July 11, 2007 at 1:51 pmEmmyriceball

To everyone that’s saying that the first episode came out months ago, that wasn’t the anime. That was just the game, which is fully animated, uploaded to look like an episode, if that makes any sense.

I’ve been wanting this to be turned into a show for quite some time now. I’m glad it’s finally happened.

Personally, I’m looking forward to a bad ending. I think there’s a good chance of going with one because it’s what the series is usually known for. I’m hoping for the ‘killing with saw’ ending. x3

I like Kotonoha better than Sekai right now, but will probably like Setsuna the most in the end, since she seems cool.

• July 26, 2007 at 3:57 amSasuke02099

Where can i find all the hentai scenes and ending scenes to this game? someone tell me please if you can..
    email me at
    sasuke_2099@yahoo.com
    if you got any answers

or write me on my veoh account

or on my youtube account

Thanks!! =]

• August 1, 2007 at 10:18 pmshosho

Hello
    i would like to ask
    how can i daonlowd school days
    because i don’t know how to dawnhlaud it
    and thnx aloot^^