Nagasarete Airantou – 24 »« Nagasarete Airantou – 22

Nagasarete Airantou – 23

Nagasarete Airantou   23   01 Nagasarete Airantou   23   02 Nagasarete Airantou   23   03
Nagasarete Airantou   23   04 Nagasarete Airantou   23   05 Nagasarete Airantou   23   06
Nagasarete Airantou   23   07 Nagasarete Airantou   23   08 Nagasarete Airantou   23   09
Nagasarete Airantou   23   10 Nagasarete Airantou   23   11 Nagasarete Airantou   23   12
Nagasarete Airantou   23   13 Nagasarete Airantou   23   14 Nagasarete Airantou   23   15
Nagasarete Airantou   23   16 Nagasarete Airantou   23   17 Nagasarete Airantou   23   18
Nagasarete Airantou   23   19 Nagasarete Airantou   23   20 Nagasarete Airantou   23   21
Nagasarete Airantou   23   22 Nagasarete Airantou   23   23 Nagasarete Airantou   23   24
Nagasarete Airantou   23   25 Nagasarete Airantou   23   26 Nagasarete Airantou   23   27

As they’re sorting the harvest, Ikuto realizes that Suzu is… well, a dumb bimbo. As with most female stereotypes, Suzu is completely incompetent at math, which of course brings up the subject of school. Ikuto has been sneaking out to be a math teacher at the Airantou school without Suzu’s knowledge, and now seemed like high time to stick her in a class.

But not so fast – they tried before, with catastrophic results. Suzu leveled the entire class in her fit to escape studying (benkyou iyaaaaa~), so a plan was necessary. With Ikuto as the main player and everyone else as support, they gradually lure her through closed roads and under construction bridges to a trap… which lands them right in the classroom.

Suzu starts freaking out, and manages to escape the school. Ikuto can’t let a woman have the upper hand! He runs her down (well, he’s running and she’s kinda teleporting no jutsu around) and gives her the tickle treatment (only thing missing afterwards was a cigarette) – eventually with some sappy coercing she realizes she was just being selfish (as all women stereotypically are) and agrees to go to school with everyone.

Meanwhile, a message in a bottle slowly drifts towards Airantou…

Thoughts

Entertaining episode. The strange thing was the animation – the style was still recognizable as typical Nagasarete, but it was distinctly different, from the new faces Suzu would make (like the puffy cheek one) to the somewhat awkward movement at times. It wasn’t really better or worse – just different – which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your preferences. Personally, I don’t mind it much as it’s not distracting enough to be a bother, but this lack of consistency has shown through in other forms throughout the series, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

And there’s something strangely sexy about Suzu getting her feet tickled… for someone who’s so handy around the island, she sure has nice feet…….

-jaalin

September 6, 2007 at 1:44 am
  • September 6, 2007 at 2:16 ammutio

Looks funny xD, some good fanservice there :P
    So 3 episodes to go or?

• September 6, 2007 at 2:24 amjefemaestro89

omg this is funny ^^

• September 6, 2007 at 2:29 amQCP

Wah is going to end?I feel so sad.

• September 6, 2007 at 2:31 amAL

wait, that last pic…!…well the show is ending soon.

• September 6, 2007 at 2:42 amDalvis

looks good, compared to the last one, v good?

• September 6, 2007 at 2:44 amSailor Enlil

• September 6, 2007 at 4:27 amfurinyue

so now i kinda blur… so wat the story about now??….
    i cant really see the motif of this episode…

• September 6, 2007 at 4:44 amDarkniter

lol
    back to school
    check wikipedia, they say it should be end at 26 esp
    but anyway cant blame suzu for not wanting go to school, check the manga if u want to
    erm…
    i wonder if the bottle really reach…

• September 6, 2007 at 5:40 amJulius

lets hold on for a sec and take this picture out of context.

• September 6, 2007 at 9:57 ambananabanana

>lets hold on for a sec and take this picture out of context.
    >http://randomc.net/image/Nagasarete%20Airantou/Nagasarete%20Airantou%20-%2023%20-%20Large%2023.jpg

Lol, I had always assumed that scene was a metaphor for what you are hinting at anyway ;)

• September 6, 2007 at 10:39 amHudson

• September 6, 2007 at 1:28 pmZzz…

Mmm…no. This is quite a ways MORE sexist than Maburaho.

The premise for Maburaho is fairly normal (for a harem), it’s just that the execution was atrocious. It wasn’t any more sexist than say Da Crapo, Ai Yori Aoshi, or any other harem where girls like a guy FOR NO BLOODY REASON.

Nagasarete Airantou on the other hand is just plain sexist as in “bitch get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich” level of misogyny.

• September 6, 2007 at 2:35 pmbanzemanga

lol. Suzu reminds me of Manabi from Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!.

• September 6, 2007 at 2:43 pmRemy

I think it was really just a joke, the sexist remark. Besides, in this case, I’m letting it slide because, technically, the people on Airantou are supposed to be a century behind modern Japan. Besides, all harem anime have the “Kitchen Girl” and the “Tomboy.” While the male character are inept at all things (both in and out of the kitchen). Well, save Shirou from FSN, who is the only one I can recall off the top of my head who is capable of preparing a good meal on his own. And I’ll be the first to admit, I wouldn’t mind if my wife work while all I had to do was the house work (I’m a guy, I’ll only vacuum and scrub what will be seen by the guests). Hell, I’m a better cook than every girl I’ve ever dated, I might as well bring something to the table (literally), besides my witty personality and utter disappointment in the sack. But, in my defense, I don’t have a wife and if I did, I know she’d cheat on me with my imaginary best friend.

• September 6, 2007 at 4:13 pmRyunatta

wonder what went thorgh suzus mind when that happened…let alone ikutos…. oh well 3 more episdes and no progress between suzu and ikuto may be a second season to finish things off or a fake ending to get people hooked on the novel?

• September 6, 2007 at 4:13 pmcbhl

… I can not see any female coming anywhere near this episode and enjoying it.

Which is a pity, really.

• September 6, 2007 at 5:08 pmWcastro

holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need more hentai , i need the fucking raw of taboo charmin mother fuckig episode 6 fucking censure !!!!!!!!!!! kuuuusooooooo!!!!!!!!

• September 6, 2007 at 6:46 pmChicle

The thing that confuses me about this episode is Mei Mei.

Just her being in the school is terrible.

• September 6, 2007 at 7:31 pmJason

At least the girls on the island are getting a good education on math, spelling with kanji and current events. Of course Mei Mei is the smartest since she is only girl that has been to a school in Japan.

• September 6, 2007 at 7:57 pmChicle

And yet she’s in the school, all nervous about whether -5 was the right answer.

• September 6, 2007 at 10:51 pmjaalin

COMMENT OF THE MONTH LOL

• September 7, 2007 at 3:56 pmcbhl

=.=”

That guy probably just has really bad luck.

Anyways… was Suzu doing addition after the ED, or was it just me?

• September 8, 2007 at 9:20 pmMaimeDaifuku