Magical Heart Kokoro-chan (School Days OVA) Coming Soon »« Random Musings – So Much For School Days

School Days – 12 (END)

School Days   12   25 School Days   12   26 School Days   12   27
School Days   12   28 School Days   12   29 School Days   12   30
School Days   12   31 School Days   12   32 School Days   12   33
School Days   12   34 School Days   12   35 School Days   12   36
School Days   12   37 School Days   12   38 School Days   12   39
School Days   12   40 School Days   12   41 School Days   12   42

Summary:

Walking together through the streets, Makoto is feeling cold, so Kotonoha puts his hands on her chest to warm them. The two then go to a restaurant to have dinner, and in the middle of it, Makoto gets a call from Sekai who has already cooked for him. She wants him to come home, but Makoto says that he can’t immediately. This causes her to wonder if he’s averse to her cooking, and when he claims that that’s not it, she demands to hear the real reason. She knows that he’s lying when he claims that he’s got things to do, and she soon starts suspecting that he’s being unfaithful again. When she tries to use the child inside of her as a reason why he should come home, Makoto feels that Kotonoha wouldn’t say something like that. The fact that he mentioned Kotonoha alarms Sekai, and when Makoto doesn’t immediately answer, she realizes that this is who he’s with right now. Makoto then voices his frustration over the baby and how she blurted it out in front of everyone. After he tells her to go home and hangs up, Makoto gets a message from Sekai apologizing and saying that she’s going back.

A short time later, Sekai has just gotten off her train when she turns around and sees Kotonoha hugging Makoto’s arm on the train on the other track. Because of this, she rushes back towards his apartment. Makoto and Kotonoha get there before her, and Makoto sees the mess that Sekai made when she threw everything she cooked onto the floor. As he boils some water for tea and starts to clean up the mess, Makoto thinks about how he was content with just sitting next to her and having lunch with her. He now realizes that his own selfishness is at fault. Soon after he burns his hand on the tea kettle, he hears the doorbell ring, but Kotonoha answers the door first. Sekai immediately slaps her and is furious over why Kotonoha is here. She wants Kotonoha to go home, and when Makoto tries to get between them, Sekai points out that he had broken up with Kotonoha and wonders if he’s going to abandon her now that she’s pregnant. Sekai tries to get Makoto to say that he doesn’t love Kotonoha anymore, and she wants to believe that it was Kotonoha who initiated this.

Kotonoha, however, calmly notes that Sekai was the one who tempted Makoto. She accuses Sekai of attempting to pull her and Makoto apart, and when Sekai tries to say that she and Makoto are in love, Kotonoha feels that Sekai just wants to think so. Kotonoha then changes the topic to how what Setsuna did was requested by Sekai. Since Sekai doesn’t know what she’s talking about, Kotonoha reveals that Setsuna liked Makoto too. She also recalls how Sekai had once told her that Makoto would cherish her, and she feels that Makoto has always been at her side waiting for her. That’s why she’s not hesitating anymore, and she proves it by kissing him right there in front of Sekai. This causes Sekai much grief, and she screams and leaves. As she walks home, Sekai remembers how she had once told Setsuna all about Makoto, but her memories suddenly turn into a dark setting with characters similar to those in the play that Setsuna saw during the school festival. The masked figure in front of her accuses her of having used the flower to get close to Makoto as well as of being a hypocrite. Sekai denies it, so the masked figure questions why she did everything she did. The masked figure also feels that none of this would have happened if Sekai hadn’t sat beside Makoto and hadn’t introduced Kotonoha to him. Taking off the mask, the figure turns out to be Setsuna.

The next morning, Sekai gets a message from Makoto mentioning the hospital of an acquaintance of Kotonoha’s and implying that she should get an abortion early on because it’s less stressful on the body. Sekai messages Makoto back saying that she wants to meet with him alone at home. During lunch, Makoto tells Kotonoha about Sekai going to the hospital, and after he says that he wants to spend his time with Kotonoha from now on, the two kiss. Makoto meets with Sekai that afternoon, but after a long and uneasy silence, he decides to go make some tea. Sekai gets up to do it instead, and after she starts boiling water, she notices all the ruined food she cooked the previous night that is now in a garbage bag. She then sends Makoto a message via her cell phone consisting of a sorry, numerous blank lines, and a goodbye at the very end. Right as Makoto reads the goodbye, Sekai charges him and stabs him. Calling him cruel, she proceeds to stab him repeatedly until he’s very much dead, at which point she finally realizes what she’s done when she looks into his eyes.

Sekai is gone by the time Kotonoha arrives at Makoto’s apartment, leaving Kotonoha to discover the body by herself. In her own room later, Sekai is shocked to get a message from Makoto saying that he’s waiting for her on the school rooftop. When she gets there, she finds a duffel bag sitting on one of the benches, and it’s actually Kotonoha waiting for her. Kotonoha asks if she went to the hospital, but because Sekai hadn’t, Kotonoha accuses her of trying to win Makoto by pretending to be pregnant. Sekai claims that she really is pregnant, so Kotonoha points out that she should have gone to the hospital. Kotonoha then goes back to saying that she’s Makoto’s girlfriend, and this prompts Sekai to tearfully admit that she wanted to become his girlfriend, so she let him do what he wanted. To Sekai’s shock, Kotonoha says that Makoto is with them and refers to the duffel bag. Inside of it, Sekai finds Makoto’s severed head, and it grosses her out to the point of wanting to throw up. Kotonoha then pulls out a cleaver and wants to confirm if what Sekai said about being pregnant is true.

Sekai attempts to pull out the own knife in her pocket in response, but Kotonoha knocks it out of her hand and slices Sekai’s neck. This quickly kills Sekai, and afterwards, Kotonoha opens Sekai up and sees nothing that would indicate a baby, which she thinks confirms that Sekai was lying. The next day, Kotonoha is out on her family yacht by herself, with only Makoto’s severed head in her arms. She feels that it’s finally just the two of them.

After watching this, I can understand why the episode was delayed due to the axe murder. It was much more violent than I thought it’d be, and that’s even with the black blood censorship (which made things look kinda weird). Actually though, according to the people who went to the special screening of the final episode that Overflow held, the AT-X broadcast was edited heavily. In the uncut version, not only was the blood was red, but there were also no flashbacks during the Makoto stabbing scene (a lot more of where she stabbed him were there), they actually showed Makoto’s head in the bag, and there were apparently some more sounds added to the baby-confirmation scene.

Speaking of which, it’s not entirely clear about whether Sekai was really pregnant or not, but I tend to give her the benefit of the doubt because Kotonoha was completely messed up by that point, and I don’t think Sekai had been pregnant long enough for Kotonoha to be able to just cut her open and find a dead baby. That scene was just one part of what ended up being one of the most disturbing episodes I’ve ever seen. If you think about it, there were two violent deaths, a severed head, an opening up of a girl up to see if she’s pregnant, and a hugging of that severed head. I certainly wasn’t expecting a good ending or anything, but this was off the charts since they essentially combined two bad endings from the game. The sad thing is that they could have gone for a clean sweep of all three bad endings by having Kotonoha kill herself by jumping off the building. I think that the yacht scene probably had more dramatic impact than that would have though.

Final Thoughts: This series started off so innocently like it was going to be any other harem show, and even though a lot of us knew that there was a potential for a bad ending like in the game, I don’t think that many people seriously thought they were going to end that way. That is, until Makoto started sleeping with everything that moved – putting himself in an unredeemable situation – and Kotonoha started showing signs of being mentally ill. Overall though, I still think the production team did a remarkable job building up the suspense and portraying each of the characters’ raw emotions. The story isn’t exactly a crowd-pleaser, but with an ending like this, I can honestly say that I won’t be forgetting about School Days anytime soon.

September 27, 2007 at 12:10 pm
  • October 1, 2007 at 2:02 ammajor addiciton

@KLined. that was quite interesting

• October 1, 2007 at 3:48 amMaxwell

did school days in Japan is always like this?

• October 1, 2007 at 6:09 amqwertypoiuy

oh 403 comment thats a new record

• October 1, 2007 at 6:23 amFlyAngel

HAHA
    that proves that Klined also got studies a bit psycologist before hehe

at last some one agree with me huhuhu

• October 1, 2007 at 7:42 amkaku

New record because everyone keeps arguing if she’s pregnant or not, and psychoanalyzing the characters to death…

• October 1, 2007 at 10:53 amNeara

You know, arguing is ok… but what are we here? Psychologists? You’re really going to deep KLined, dunno if even the producers went this far. Added that this is your point of view and what you interpreted out of the show, I don’t think you’re right. Still, I’m impressed of how much of an impact this show had to you and am glad that others enjoyed it as much as I did. It’s nice to see how everyone come’s up with their own “solution”.
    I know a girl very similiar to Sekai, she may have some hidden sides to her character (like being envious), but heck, the girls in the show are like, what, 16 years old? It’s the first love in a painful life for a person who doesn’t want to lose anymore. Don’t just analyze the “actions” the characters take, try to understand the feelings of these characters. That’s what anime are there for imo, they make you feel (I know that’s a strong word, but that’s actually what they do). I should study for my exams, but let me try to make your arguments look a little less “Sekaipsycho”.

1. She’s in love. She’s curious about how the person she’s fallen in love with is, I’ve seen this quite a few times. Of course, she should have spoken with him directly, but then again, she’s a young girl.
    2. No and yes. She wanted to get close to Makoto (with Setsunas help), but found out he was in love-love with Kotonoha. Because Kotonoha’s her friend and she admires Makoto, she tries to help them out (you can really see it in the first few eps), but she can’t stand up against her feeling for too long. It was a mistake to “practise” with Makoto, but she wanted a bit of him for herself – envy (again, a pretty human feeling). Makoto is actually the one who can’t stop himself even when Sekai tries to refuse, so you can’t put her at fault for not being able to jump over her own emotions.
    3. What do you mean? When did she lie to him? About her pregnancy? Still unconfirmed.
    4. That again was a very important scene. She knew Makoto would probably grow more distant to her, so she used the chance to have a little bit for herself. That’s what I think at least, it could even be that she only was overwhelmed by the moment and kissed him unintentionally…
    5. Makoto accepted her “offer” to help him out, because Sekai knew both Makoto and Kotonoha. But, because she loves him too without him really noticing, she sees no point in giving up. I hated this part of Sekai too, but that’s what many girls are, to a certain extinct. However, think the other way round: Without (asking for) Sekai’s help, Makoto would have never been to start a relationship with Kotonoha. It was his fault for not breaking up with her even when Sekai tried to force him to.
    6. Agreed. You could call it mindsick r you could simply call it desperate love. While finding out Makoto had something for her and preferred her over Kotonoha, I think she really got to a point of no return without admitting it. On the one side, she still wanted to help Kotonoha (we _clearly_ are shown it), on the other side she enjoyed being recognized by Makoto. Bad situation at a bad time.
    7. Rumours spread, she told her friends. But wait, wasn’t it true? Sekai and Makoto WERE a couple, the only thing missing was Makoto breaking up with Kotonoha. When you pay attention you can see Sekai still wanting to clarify things while Makoto only gives in to the pleasure, avoiding the upcoming problems. At this moment, Sekai was _happy_, so I don’t blame it on her simply, it’s more a fault of everyone around (including Setsuna and even Kotonoha to a small part).
    8. Again, many ways to interpret this. Makoto kinda ignored her when she told him, so she got emotional. I would kinda go berserk too if someone would care a damn aboit whether his girlfriend is pregnant or not… He didn’t even care about not seeing her at school, he never called her. Instead, he went on a sex spree.
    9. She breaks into his house? Is that confirmed? I’d rather think she had the keys (bc they used to often see each other – couple!) and told Makoto about dinner before, that’s at least the way I saw this scene.
    10. Umm, I don’t really know which scene you are referring too, but would you think it’s more normal for a girl to just let her boyfriend screw around with other women rather than confronting them and their problems? See, it’s really a dual-edged blade.
    11. I don’t know the word in english, but she wasn’t mentally conscious when she stabbed him. Try to understand the whole mental stat she is in, added that she already has some problems. Of course, this doesn’t fully justify her actions, but it disarms the word “remorseless”. After getting fully conscious, she’s scared of herself and runs away from her own actions, so I would rather say this wasn’t intended by her. Yes, she’s psychically ill to some point, but noone around her realizes or cares about it (except Setsuna). Furthermore, Sekai’s still in a twisted love with Makoto, that’s why she reminds herself of him always being with her, even as their baby – she just doesn’t want to lose him, but snaps out by a overflow of emotions.
    12. She calmly waits? You really have to rewatch the show, Sekai was actually afraid of herself and hid in her room the way she always did when things didn’t work out. Then again, wait for what? Do you really want to say that she had already planned to let Kotonoha write a message from Makoto’s cellphone? Come on… If you watch the show and follow Setsunas story closely, you will get told that Sekai was always like that, it’s not like she suddenly waits in her room for something to happen.
    13. Hm, she killed her boyfriend and now she gets messaged by him in order to meet on a rooftop. I would have taken the knife too if I dared to even show up. Also think of the mess she’s actually in, there’s no more plan behind this (if there even was one before), it’s just despair.

Now, that’s just right the opposite of what you wrote, but I think I also made some valid points. Maybe I’m trying to defend her a little too much at some points, but the way you summed up everything, I couldn’t let that stand unanswered. Though, I have to agree that Sekai really had some mental illness, maybe not the way you put it, but she had problems to begin with. Maybe because I experienced a really hard time (no too far away from the SD plot until ep 12) too, I have more sympathy for her and can’t just see her as a remorseless killer. There are many ways to interpret this show and it’s characters, and this is just one of them. Oh, and please forgive me if my english seems poor at some points, it isn’t my first language.

• October 1, 2007 at 11:06 amNeara

Uh, didn’t expect it to get that long… Dammit, Sekai should have picked me, after all -_-

• October 1, 2007 at 3:21 pmBlahblah

I agree with KLined about all the things Sekai did, just not the stalker part. A lot of people are saying that she shouldn’t have died. But really, she stole her friend’s boyfriend in the pretence of setting them up together. And she didn’t even tell Kotonoha that she’s with him and just watched while she was bullied by other girls.
    I’m glad she died… although the checking if she was really pregnant bit was D:
    I’m guessing she was planning on killing Kotonoha too since she pulled out a knife on the rooftop.

• October 1, 2007 at 3:29 pmkaku

Yeah but that was for self defense since kotonoha pulled out hers, but you’re right, if kotonoha didn’t overcome her, the one dead could easily have been kotonoha (sekai is probably smart enough to assume kotonoha, even if she isn’t crazy, wouldn’t keep this quiet after finding out who killed makoto… kinda like neither can live).

And this is so long bc many of the comments in some posts ago were spammed with this japanese stuff!!

• October 1, 2007 at 3:39 pmKLined

@Neara
    I can see your counterpoints on many of the issues I brought up except one, School Days really didn’t have a dramatic effect on me as you claim it does, of all the movies/books/animations I have seen or read, School Days isn’t even on the list.

Nevertheless, I am a fan of works like Death Note and similar series so when School Days went from harem/ecchi to psychological/dark, I could not help but apply a logical way of viewing the series and posted my thoughts here, it really was a simple as that. I felt that the WRITERS of School Days might have pinned Sekai as a stalker, I guess I wasn’t clear on that, but why would I have to be on a fictional piece?

Anime is great but in no way should you ever mix anime and real life or even apply anything you learned from anime to personal relationships. There is no anime out there complex enough to truly capture the diversity of human nature. Your friend does have my sympathy, and I hope she gets better soon.

• October 1, 2007 at 4:09 pmNeara

@KLined
    Thanks for the kind words. You’re probably right, the School Days ending was more a kind of shock than being too dramatic, still, it had an impact on me (it was a very uncommon anime ending after all). I also have to agree that you can’t possibly apply fiction to reality, but why not try arguing the other way round (that’s actually what we do here, isn’t it? :D), because fiction is somewhat based on reality to begin with. And don’t worry, I’ll never play the Makoto in real life :X.

But, you know, what I really love about movies and especially japanese pieces of animated art is the common open ending, where you can spend hours with interpreting and thinking on how things really went, especially if the producers decide to hint something at the end without further going into it. It’s fun to approach something fictional with your own thoughts and experiences (especially thinking yourself in some characters situations), that’s why many people have different feelings and opinions about this one. And well, I had nothing better to do on this rainy monday ;)

Anime + logic is a no-no, after all. :p
    Oyasumi nasai.

• October 1, 2007 at 4:47 pmkrith

I didnt actually think there would be blood…

WTH SO MUCH COMMENTS, MORE THEN CODE GEASE

• October 1, 2007 at 7:26 pmFlyAngel

Neara u should watch and listen the last episode carefully.

Before Sekai kill makoto she got say *U only wan happiness for urself from the beginning with setsuna*

when she at the rooftop, she says *i also wan to be makoto girlfriend why one u can be makoto girlfriend that not fair*.

This proof that sekai actually plan something long time.

why sekai so mad with kotonoha but not the others gals? this is because she know that Makoto most like gal is kotonoha so she scare all what she done to get makoto will be useless.

So kind at beginning for kotonoha but when she gets makoto, she treat her like hell. when kotonoha slap her she suppose stop pull makoto to her side.

remember the episode 10 where sekai found out that makoto sleep with another gal. she run to find makoto but she run into kotonoha at the bridge. She saw what happen to kotonoha. why she didnt do anythings for her that time. She suppose to be kind character. she suprise because she never know that kotonoha will be like that after makoto dump her.

• October 1, 2007 at 11:02 pmkaku

I don’t really understand waht you mean FlyAngel *_*

But i agree that…yeah Sekai only saw kotonoha as a real threat in comparison to the other girls. Plus she didn’t approach anyone else, but totally ticked off when she found K in M’s house. (i think that’s what you mean?)

But anyway stupid makoto has learned nothing. at the end he’s all remorse over what he did to kotonoha, but he doesnt’ realize what he’s doing now to sekai, is the same to kotonoha (only sekai in a way deserved it..what goes around comes around). So he hasn’t changed, what a loser.

• October 2, 2007 at 3:04 amkonakona

Yeah, it was an omen – the beginning of the end – when makoto started going around banging all the female classmates.

I am just glad they managed to stay on course (so to say) with what the game was mostly known for other than being fully animated.

The part that kinda caught me off guard was Sekai was attempting to retaliate when she sensed her death imminent. I thought she would just give in to her guilt or shock… I guess survival instinct should never be underestimated.

The best ending really is when the 3 just live along happily together (but god who knows how long that would last knowing how possessive sekai is an how delusional kotonoha could get). Even then, we really could use more endings on the other extreme… People love to see crazy stuff after all.

• October 2, 2007 at 6:26 amraimaru2880

I’m emotionally disturbed and at the same time dissapointed. But ‘SCHOOL DAYS’ is the best shounen romance I’ve ever watched. Too bad for Makoto being decapitated and all and to Sekai. I mean, Kotonoha could’ve at least left Sekai’s dead body and not open her up anymore. It really grossed me out especially Makoto’s head in the bag. But anyhow, it was spectacular. Though I was expecting a good ending to this. It’s ok if Makoto just commited suicide for his regrets. I cried that night after watching the finale and I didn’t sleep at all until the next day. Great show! ‘SCHOOL DAYS’ will never leave my memories.

• October 2, 2007 at 10:16 ammiu_rie

Neara, you’re really protecting Sekai. It seems like you don’t want Sekai to be blamed at all. but in my opinion, Kotonoha is the one who suffered a lot. Sekai suffers too but i think it was still bearable since she had never been raped.

• October 2, 2007 at 10:32 amNeara

Just trying to tell everyone that imo, all main characters were at fault, not Sekai alone ;). And you know, I think being mentally raped is the same thing, if not worse. While a body can crumble, the mind is behind everything – the emotional distress both girls have to face (especially being left alone in pregnancy) is far worse than beind physically hurt, I’d say. (Kotonoha didn’t care anyway in the state of shock she was in). Agreed, Kotonoha suffered alot (being bullied, ignored, raped, betrayed), but then again, she’s the one who gets her twisted version of a happy ending. However, the real Kotonoha died somewhere along the way :/.

• October 2, 2007 at 10:44 amSpectrum

EXCELLENT

I’m surprised that Sekai snapped first given everything that happened. I thought it would have been Kotonoha.

• October 2, 2007 at 11:41 amSora no Kaze

Her Necrophilliac twisted happieness… but yeah, honestly though, I think Makato has to take alot of the blame for letting himself get carried away. He honeslty never tried to do anything at all to amend his faults and affairs which causes him to lose all his relationships in the end. (I’m assuming that even though Kotonoha did accept him back, that he already sealed his fate for doing it too late). And with that the directors justfied that he deserve death. Anyways, I’m pretty sure they didn’t want to show people the message “it’s good to have affairs, because you’re be forgiven and then have two girls instead of one”.

• October 2, 2007 at 4:37 pmkaku

“Kotonoha didn’t care anyway in the state of shock she was in”

Um…she got raped, how can she not care?? But I know what you’re getting at, but think of how kotonoha is, then think about how she’d act. All she wanted was Makoto, so as long as she thinks she’s still got him, she could I guess, overlook the rape. However day after rape, makoto dumps her, it was like a double negative or something.

• October 2, 2007 at 5:02 pmNeara

@kaku
    Yes, I was just referring to the moment it happened, sorry, didn’t make it clear enough. It’s just scary that Kotonoha takes all the burden on herself, she would just have needed someone to talk to. Makoto however succeeds in letting down both girls at once without even fully realizing what mess he had caused. At the same time, Sekai’s the envious girl in love, doing everything to get Makoto for herself while being unable to confront Kotonoha. Guess noone’s innocent in this show, after all. Ack, School Days is so twisted T_T.

• October 2, 2007 at 9:36 pmKLined

@ Spectrum
    I have to agree with you there.

Another thing consistently overlooked are the warnings Setsuna gave Makoto to take care of Sekai. Remember the quick and dirty glances at Sekai during class, which she seemed to do every time she caught Sekai in a lie or plot. Setsuna couldn’t even tell Sekai she was leaving town because she feared Sekai’s dark possessive nature.

Allow me to paraphrase her line to Makoto, ‘take care of Sekai for me, because she is a dangerous basket case’. ;)

• October 2, 2007 at 9:42 pmKLined

@Spectrum
    I have to agree with you there.

Allow me to paraphrase Setsuna’s line to Makoto, ‘take care of Sekai for me, because she is a dangerous basket case’. ;)

• October 3, 2007 at 6:20 amraimaru2880

I agree with Neara. Almost all the characters are to be blamed for that brutal ending. Makoto for having his uncontrollable need for women, Sekai for being a third party, Kotonoha for taking too much of the burden, and all the other girls in the story that ended up sleeping with Makoto for being too easy… But still, it really disturbs me thinking too much about it.

• October 3, 2007 at 7:06 amDesires

the scene of sekai having a baby should be fake…but i guess if u link that Sekai has a baby then u will get why Mokoto said “Thank You” before he died as Sekai didn’t abort the baby…i guess in the end, it really guresome and you can notice why there were axe murderer…too bloody and realistic, anyway due to the editing some points of the episode where sekai murders Mokoto~Kotonaha openning the womb…leave a few msytery behind like, was there really a baby and why did mokoto say “Thank You” before dieing?

• October 3, 2007 at 9:53 amNeara

@KLined
    I think Setsuna was more worried about Sekai than fearing her “dark possessive nature”… Didn’t Sekai hide away from everything and would most probably not have gone to school without Setsuna? The worries were more about how Sekai would do on her own, with Setsuna and maybe even Makoto gone. She just didn’t want Sekai to be alone because she knew what would happen then, that’s why she tried to protect the bond between Sekai and Makoto.
    Also, Setsunas “dirty” glances can be interpreted in multiple ways, I rather thought of a “Don’t you dare to screw it up!” or “Make it a proper relationship, finally”. Again, is it even clear if she stares at Sekai or Makoto?

And could you please try to point out where exactly Sekai lies or plans something? I rewatched the whole series now and just get the feeling that Sekai is led by her emotions, not by a sick mind. Of course, she has some mental problems that come to the surface when she gets the feeling of being left alone, however, this distress was only dangerous to herself. It’s not like Sekai planned to kill Makoto, it happened out of an emotional overflow. I know the show hints many things at the end, but all arguments come from Kotonoha/Makoto… Makoto never cared about other’s problems, he just gave someone else the fault, isn’t that the same thing he does in the epilogue?

• October 3, 2007 at 2:16 pmRM

O_O

• October 5, 2007 at 2:31 amGevo

=o

• October 5, 2007 at 8:26 amsuNji

i am in love with this anime, but i dont really like the end :(

• October 5, 2007 at 6:53 pmTony

Though at first I thought the bloody scenes were unneccessary, I began to realize that the blood was actually necessary (sort-of). The episode made me think of my life and what Itou could have done to avoid all of that. Though I didn’t think he deserved to die that much, it shows that there are~ people in the world who are crazy and that we merely need to avoid doing wrong things in the first place. But, of course, I still think that Sekai deserved her death for many reasons.

• October 9, 2007 at 1:19 ampixy

kickass!

• October 13, 2007 at 2:57 pmkk

bring better weapon if you expect a fight to the death

• October 15, 2007 at 11:48 amAquious

Wai, 434 comments! is that a record?

• October 16, 2007 at 10:32 pmJred

“Kotonoha for taking too much of the burden” at this point, I would say kotonoha does not even have a choice. Remember Sekai was investing kotonoha and said that kotonoha actually does not have any friend.What she has is Sekai(friend? or ….? and we all know sekai treated her badly later) and Motoko(BF)
    The only person she is expecting to rely on is Mokoto; however, she is afraid of boys and she is trying hard to make herself to be a suitable girlfriend to Mokoto. (which means she needs some time to work on and i do believe things will work out if Sekai didn’t step in))
    unfortunately, crap happened, “thanks” for Sekai’s ridiculous “special training” and successfully hooked up Mokoto…(True to be said…how many guy can stop in such a seducing situation…? Especially for a healthy boy that does not even have the experience. Seriously, A real friend who really try to help would not offer such ridiculous thing..or is she just trying to take an advantage of Mokoto’s frustration?)
    By satisfying Mokoto’s desire of f..k, Mokoto does not even want to work on problem with kotonoha even his truely feeling is kotonoha. Then Mokoto confessed that he wanted sex in the first place and he wants more and more later on (chap 12), which means he is completely falling into body pleasure. (since sex is the thing he was frustrated from kotonoha in the beginning) so…to blame on Mokoto to be an ass…Sekai carries half of responsibility. (According to setsuna’s recall, I would say Mokoto was not really that bad in the first place)
    Since her interaction with Mokoto and friends’ help for ignoring kotonoha and eventually broke up with her, which completely destroyed kotonoha’s last and only hope and caused her mentally broke down. I was happy to see her recovery in the end of chap 11, which really lured my tears, and Mokoto realized he was so cruel to her. (wish the story ends here >_>, but i guess Mokoto had already arranged his death road by realizing the fact too late and screwed things up completely ages ago)
    The interesting thing to see is kotonoha and sekai have completely different reaction from Mokoto’s jackassed treating. kotonoha was continuously trusting Mokoto till the last moment that Mokoto clearly declared he doesn’t love her anymore. And sekai choose to kill
    Mokoto….(_>

• October 17, 2007 at 2:06 amkungfuguy

if i have to choose between kotonoha and sekai, i would so go for kotonoha, actually I like sekai better, she is easier to talk to. But seeing what happen in ep 12, i would rather have it normal with kotonoha than exciting with sekai. At least, I wont be killed by kotonoha if I dump her.

• October 19, 2007 at 9:33 pmsahngee

and there was much rejoicing~yay~

• October 25, 2007 at 8:06 pmprojectMAYHEM

pretty disturbing

• October 27, 2007 at 12:58 amSoke

Well… it seems I am late this time… but, I will retake what Neara and KLined said in this forum.

KLined, about two months ago, mentioned 13 points about Sekai. Well, I’ll comment on them and what Neara replied:

1. Well… I agree with Neara… Sekai is young, after all… this does not prove she has bad intentions or anything like that.

2. It was good at first that Sekai helped both Kotonoha and Makoto to get together. The big setback here is that Sekai offered Makoto “practice lessons”; Makoto insisted and all, but Sekai, although she tells Makoto to stop, she does not, in any way, to effectively eliminate the problem: she could have just stepped out of the “practice lessons”. This definitely was Sekai’s fault; Sekai must have controlled herself (everyone in the world should!) and not have been carried away by Makoto’s desires. She clearly knows that was she was doing was not right; then, the fact of Sekai being carried away is not justified at all. Makoto is at fault, also, as he did not control his own desires, either.

3. I have not noticed any Sekai’s lying to Makoto in the series. Please be specific, KLined.

4. Classic kiss for a harem anime. There is nothing bad in that… it is just a way to take advantage in the competence for Makoto.

5. Mmmm… I should say there is nothing wrong in a girl that thinks she must not give up when trying to conquer a guy. That is not the problem at all. The fact that she intended to sabotage the relationship between Kotonoha and Makoto is just out of the question. The wrong issue here is the way she wins Makoto. Although Makoto is at fault, Sekai, again, did not do anything to effectively stop the problem.

6. Well… this is part of her bad method to win Makoto. However, I do not think that a girl luring a guy to have sex is a bad approach. The problem is still the same: Makoto should have broken up with Kotonoha; if this had been true, then this would have been acceptable. There are no mind-sick actions here.

7. I think the rumors were spread unintentionally. They were just rumors… they should never have effect on anyone on the series. Also, Neara is wrong, stating that Sekai and Makoto were a couple. There was never a couple in the entire series! Makoto just got together with every girl in the anime; I would not consider a couple a guy and a girl, knowing that the guy has other “relationships” with other girls. Nobody other than Makoto and Sekai are at fault here.

8. Well… it sure destroys Makoto’s reputation. But it is clearly normal for a girl to react like that, as Sekai knew about Makoto having sex with other girls.

9. Well… I do not think she breaks into Makoto’s apartment… it is less probable. It might not be a normal behavior, knowing that she is pregnant and that she is aware of Makoto’s situation; a girl would not cook for someone who is disloyal to her. But, I cherish that action of Sekai, as, at least, it shows some maturity: instead of just releasing anger at objects or people, she just realizes that, after she destroyed Makoto’s reputation at school, he should have stopped having the “sex spree”, and she expected him to come back to her. So, she prepares dinner for him, and everything would be fine. Unfortunately, it did not turn out like that.

10. Well… the scene in which this happens does not matter; the fact that Sekai tries to confront Kotonoha is just a normal reaction; there is nothing suspicious in that, as Sekai assumes Makoto is hers. However, there is a better way to end this: Sekai should just have left him, and stop being his friend and all. She should have just ignored him at that point. What is the use if she tried mostly all of her ideas, and none of them change the way Makoto sees Sekai? She should have realized by then that Makoto did not want anything with her, then she should have given up and looked for another guy.

11. Any action of killing someone is simply unacceptable. Sekai was definitely conscious; it is correct that she did not control her own emotions, but even so, this does not absolutely justify her murdering Makoto. She is completely, totally at fault for Makoto’s death. That she was mentally ill does not apply here; that she did not murder Makoto intentionally is absolutely wrong! Again, everyone should control their own emotions, and Sekai failed to do so; then, she is at fault here; simple as that.

12. Sekai was not waiting for anything at all! She just hid away from everyone because of her own actions.

13. Sekai’s bringing the knife with her is just a “security measure”. I agree with Neara. Even better would have been not to show up at all. Her going to the rooftop was just desperate; again, she did not have control of herself…

Finally, I must point that, in order to come up with something useful, we must clearly define the boundaries in which we qualify and analyze situations. In anime, this must also be a rule. Having said that, it’s right that there are many interpretations out there about this series, but not all of them are absolutely correct; there must be at least one interpretation, of all possible, that is correct. Therefore, we must look for that one. Just using common sense, we can just say that Sekai’s, Makoto’s, and Kotonoha’s actions were wrong; Makoto should have decided for one girl and sticked to her; Sekai’s killing Makoto is simply illegal, as well Kotonoha’s killing Sekai. Just simple facts like those, and you conclude that those characters are not models to follow, and do no deserve to have compassion, or sympathy, as Neara said. This anime, at the end, proved to be useless, a piece of junk, a hollow story that just disturbs people and, instead of delivering a somewhat benevolent message, it just shows us murder, blood and disloyalty. School Days is not worth watching, after all…

To finish my post, I should say that anime character’s reactions can be used in reality to improve our own behavior. Actually, it is better if we express the human interactions as simple, not complicated as KLined stated before. Although we know there are numerous factors that determine human behavior, it does not mean that we can’t simplify the way we deal with it, in terms of controlling it or shaping it conveniently. We can learn from anime a lot, and apply those ideas in our own lives: a good example is Fruits Basket.

Those were Soke’s words.

• October 27, 2007 at 10:21 amtouzokuoh

hyahahahahahaahahahahaha
    @ee maji UZEe
    Mayuna-san konna gesuyarou mushi shitahouga iiyo w
    otagai umareru kuni machigaetamitaidana
    oresama mo gaikokujin ota desuga nanika?

• October 27, 2007 at 10:26 amtouzokuoh

hyaahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    >>@ee
    omae maji de UZEe
    Mayuna-san konna gesuyarou mushi shitahouga iize
    otagai nipponjin nanoni umareru kuni machigaechattamitaidana
    Oresama mo gaikoku umare no otadaga nanika??
    ato… Katsura-san good job!!

• November 5, 2007 at 8:03 amraimaru2880

It’s been a month or so since the ending of school days….
    I watched the series two times again after that; the ending still sends chill to my spine though but it can’t be helped. A lot of symbolisms already warned me of something like this (though School Days is the first romance-harem anime with a bloody ending that I’ve seen for life): the red nitting threads that fell down the stairs on ep6 with the nerve breaking bgm, and Kotonoha staring at a knife on ep10…

• November 17, 2007 at 3:08 amMarcos

‘Kotonoha kill herself by jumping off the building’
    oh plz, don’t you even think of saying it… An ending like this would dramaticaly raise suicidal percentual in japan u.u

• November 22, 2007 at 9:12 pmxninox

wow, never thought it could turn out this way, this is so tragic. at first, when i saw the first episode, i thought its for young audience. but as the series goes by, it becomes more seinen than i thought it would ever be.

• December 15, 2007 at 11:27 amadevil

IM SO GLAD HE DIED!!! HE DESERVED IT!! DAT BA$TARD!!

• December 16, 2007 at 2:22 amAyie

This anime left me scarred for life!!!!

• December 21, 2007 at 8:30 amwatashiwaKIRAdesu

the ending was unexpected!!! but it was awesome …. in that part that kotonoha opens sekai to see if she´s really pregnant and the boat part was hilarious i just couldn´t stop laughing ….

• December 31, 2007 at 1:33 amnenenene

i find this anime a little disturbing if it is watched by primary school kids..as its sooooo hentai…hahahaha

btw, i had a little trauma coz of its bloody ending whc is sooo brutal..

hahaha…however, don’t blame me for criticizing it as different ppl have diff views bout it, rite?

• January 4, 2008 at 10:57 pmChamploon

lol nice boat
    but im happy that piece of shit makoto died

• January 5, 2008 at 12:04 amneKomimi

Yay! Gruesome ending!!!

• January 10, 2008 at 1:37 amDylan

As terrible as it is to say, the punk deserved it in the end. He had 2 girls that genuinely loved him and he was fcking around behind there backs. As soon as he got his first taste of sex he couldn’t stop, he was horrible to those girls…-_-

• January 20, 2008 at 1:34 pmAlexandre

this was really a weird ending
    this shit gives me the creeps

• February 9, 2008 at 7:52 amDraconus

I started to watch the first episode of SD when out of curiosity, but the beginning was too run of the mill for me, so I let it go. After reading all the comments and total hatred for the main character Dickoto (aptly named), I decided to suffer through the series just to see the ending and feel the wrath everyone has for him.

He dug the hole for himself, and jumped right in. Pretty much the shallow girls slept with him either because he was cute or looked like a nice guy. Rarely happens irl, but this anime appears to be a lesson for japanese teen man~whores and shallow man jumping girl spiders.

Calling for the death of this freak is not wrong and I enjoyed the bloodlust the Makoto character has aroused in the watchers of this anime. Makoto, may you burn in japanese hell until you see the error of your ways and be reborn in your next life as a female dog. xP, we hate your guts.

Kotonoha was a sweetheart, but dammit, her mental state is fragile.

• March 1, 2008 at 10:28 pmIshime

You know all what?
    Makoto would be like that if Sekai does’nt kiss Makoto in the first place and she practice Makoto how to be more close to Kotonoha…..
    Makoto is a boy … so that’s why he is such a stupid pervert!!!!

damn it Sekai

• March 3, 2008 at 12:49 amAkito_Kinomoto

Moral of the story:

If you fondle breasts more than you should,
    your life will end up not being good.

• March 11, 2008 at 4:46 pmOliviaP.

I just think that Makoto is a pimp and everyone he slept with (which is a lot of girls, including Kotonoha) is his hoes. xD
    and two of them get into a fight.
    then one day mokoto dies from a drive by shooting led by sekai.
    and yea ,you know the rest.
    XDD

• March 31, 2008 at 11:20 pmCarl

Makoto.. he caused so much pain… to himself and to the girls.. He finally got Death’s sweet release… SUCH A MOTHERF***ING BASTARD!!!!!!!!!

• April 1, 2008 at 12:59 pmSyaoran

FUCK YES
    BEST BOAT EVER

• April 7, 2008 at 10:19 pmRhenzin

Very interesting anime, although the bloody ending.
    I felt happy when Makoto was killed, but I didn’t like when Kotonoha killed Sekai.
    I hate situations like that: when a woman kills another woman. I prefer to see men like me killing one each other.

Damn Makoto, you are the most pervert, heartless and coward boy I’ve seen.
    Poor Sekai, Kotonoha and all the pretty girls hurt by that Itou Makoto, for ever guilty guilty, in my real world and in your anime world. grrrrrrrrr
    Kotonoha, I would like to be something yours, at least your servant, or the victim of your madness instead of Sekai, but definitely better than the damn Makoto.
    Sekai, you could be ONLY my best friend, no more and no less. Several times I wanted a friend like you in my real life…
    Setsuna, I wish to see you happy and with a big smile in your face, some day maybe…

That’s my current feelings after viewing the 12 episodes.

I’ll have the game soon, so Kotonoha, Sekai, Setsuna, Hikari… let me save you from Makoto… =D

• April 9, 2008 at 6:55 pmBrianANiME

Wow, I just read the last manga chapter today, and wow, compared to the manga, the anime is seriously FUCKED UP. What the hell happened?!

• April 13, 2008 at 7:36 ammöpk

loool they all got totally crazy at the end xD
    first you think its a cute highschool-romance-anime and then it turns out like this
    i’m laughing my ass off xD

• May 10, 2008 at 11:56 pmmaoXokamura

Wow well that ……………Sucked.

• May 19, 2008 at 6:34 pmZero

Hahaha, and to think when I started watching this it would be a romantic comedy. Boy was I wrong… even from the start I felt bad vibes. I hated that stupid song they played at the beginning cause it implied a happy love story which was completely wrong.

I liken this to a classic Shakespearean tragedy. It also shows the sad fact of how one simple action can start a stairway down to hell – like how Sekai switched seats between Setsuna or how Sekai helped Makoto win Setsuna. It cant happen to the extent seen in this anime but it CAN happen, how one seemingly harmless action or decision made can cause your life and others to spiral into chaos.

I have to say, I hated Makoto from the beginning, how he did EVERY mistake possible during his dates with Kotonoha, and how Kotonoha still liked him after all that. I mean, she must have REALLY been into him – no girl in real life would still like a guy after all that.

This is also something about Makoto which pisses me off. Even when Sekai and Makoto were together “doing it”, Makoto refused to tell Kotonoha straight in the face like a man, instead he ran away from his problem and from Kotonoha like a little girl. From his dates Makoto should have known that Kotonoha was a fragile girl (a little too fragile for anything that real-life allows, in my opinion) and eventhough it would have been extremely difficult for both of them, it would have caused much less pain and suffering for both of them. For the whole anime while Makoto was running around “doing” girls, Kotonoha was suffering the whole time under the illusion that she was still Makoto’s girlfriend – I felt really sorry for her throughout and I HATED Makoto for doing that to her. I mean, if Makoto really did tell Kotonoha straight in the face in the beginning and broke up with her properly, this could all have been avoided.

Another thing about Makoto that pisses me off was that when he was with Sekai, he was
    “doing it” with like every girl in the goddamn school – Otome, Hikari, and then those three girls near the end. It was the last two episodes where I really hated that bastard Makoto. In episode 10 or 11, even when Sekai was pregnant
    (I’m gonna assume she really was pregnant since it did show her being sick and missing her period and all that. Besides, Sekai doesn’t seem like the person to lie about having a baby since it showed her actually being somewhat happy about it since it was Makoto’s baby. When Kotonoha killed Sekai and opened her up to see if she really was pregnant, the embryo at that stage whould have been too small for her to see – its not like Sekai’s stomach was bulging at the time – she was in the very beginning of the pregnacy stage.)
    Makoto was still running around having sex with every girl he could find. He should have manned-up and took responsibility for his actions, but instead he ran away again looking for girls to have sex with and even asking Sekai “why did you have to go and get pregnant”, or something along those lines. Then that bastard Makoto reunites with Kotonoha again, blows Sekai off and the dinner she worked hard to make for him, and then takes Kotonoha home with him where they kiss right in-front off Sekai. I mean, Makoto even tells Sekai to have an abortion.

In the end, I really wanted that bastard Makoto to die for all the shit he caused, and I was somewhat happy when he finally did, I just wished he didn’t drag Sekai and Kotonoha with him. I know that the ending that actually happened was the only one that was possible considering the circumstances, but at the end I was physically sick and mentally disturbed. I mean, it would have been nice if Makoto died in a car crash or in an accident of somekind or if Sekai and Kotonoha realized that Makoto wasn’t worth it, made up and just both left him, or something along those lines. (Actually, the best ending for me would be Sekai and Kotonoha working out their differences, becoming friends, and choosing to work together to kill Makoto. HAHAHA, now that would be AWSOME!!!. Or, you know, an actual HAPPY ending?!) Sadly, the true feelings of love Sekai and Kotonoha had for Makoto, through his actions, were twisted into jealously, selfishness, and finally into hate, and rage towards him, as well as towards eachother.

The really sad and disturbing thing about this is that I can actually see this happening, not to the boody and violent extent shown in this anime, of course, but I can see it happening nonetheless. The end causes one to ask themself real life questions like: “Would I have the courage to break up with a girl face to face after only 3 or 4 dates eventhough I know the pain it will cause her?” or even “If I got my highschool girlfriend unexpectedly pregnant, would I have the courage and moral maturity to throw away my youth and take responsibility for my actions?”

The only somewhat redeeming aspect of this anime was the 2 OVA’s which I watched after – they showed the more cheerful and comedic side of the show which I was expecting from the start, probably to try and make up for that godawful ending. (Otome, Sekai, Kotonoha, fighting eachother about whos chocolate Makoto should take, even Sekai’s mom and Kotonoha’s little sister fighting over him HAHAHA. Also, that “Little Heart Kokoro-chan” episode was hilarious through and through. I mean, it was borderline hentai for crying out loud)

For me, the REAL ending of the anime was the end of the “Little Heart” OVA episode where it shows a relatively normal and cheerful scene with Makoto and all the girls. To me, the animators really made it look like an overall conclusion/ending scene to finally finish off the anime series in a somewhat satisfying and redeeming way. (Again, in my opinion, of course.)

However, in both of the OVAs they made so made goddamn references to the ending in episode 12 that even then I couldn’t really enjoy the fun-filled OVAs. I actually got sick everytime they made a stupid reference, which was, ALOT (the saw, the knife, the blood, the grave, and ALOT more).

Now, you may say that this whole rant is baised against Makoto, and I myself admit that it is. Yes, I can admit to you that the girls (mainly Sekai, Kontonoha, Hikari, Otome, Setsuna, as well as the others) can be put at fault for their various reasons. You cannot, however, ignore the fact that this tragic end was MAINLY due to Makoto’s irresponsibility as well as moral immaturity throughout the anime resulting in his somewhat appropriate demise at the end.

Overall I thought this anime was a real…eye-opener…It showed (although to a bloody and violent extent, to the point where this could hopefully NEVER happen in real-life) how the simple and careless decisions or actions we regularly make or do in life can lead to the tragic consequences that occur later down the road. This anime causes those who are in situations of love to think more carefully about what they say, think, or do. Whether you have already experienced those situations, or have yet to go through them, this anime will allow you to reflect on what happened or what could have happened in the past, as well as what can and what will happen in the future. Just my two-cents on the topic as well as something to think about. Remember, “the heart that truly loves never forgets”, and in being so, “memory can be a paradise from which we cannot be driven, or a hell from which we cannot escape”.

• July 15, 2008 at 9:27 amreyon

I agree with Zero. Makoto had it coming. I feel he somewhat deserved to be stabbed to death by his pregnant childhood friend for playing her, and having his head turned into an object of sick affection. He must have been thinking he was such a man by being such a player and lying to his two girlfriends about it, i.e. giving in to his libido. He’s probably one of the weakest and most worthless people ever. He ran away from the problem, even as it was obvious to us and should have been to him that they were heading for a place worse than hell the way things were going. It was blatant that Kotohona was mentally fragile, or at least, weak-willed and timid, but either way, easily broken. The worst kind of girl to mess with, even if she wasn’t his comeuppance. He should’ve seen Sekai was equally as in love with him. It seems to be a given with two childhood friends of different genders to like each other even into their college years. I should know, but I digress. But, nooo, he still played the part of the player even when Sekai said she was pregnant. And she acted up in front of him, so I don’t think he though she was kidding. We saw the symptoms, right? And she was even patting her womb. Means she was really pregnant.

Kotonoha, as i’ve said, was mentally fragile from the start, so her faults may still be forgivable. And Sekai, at the least, came to her senses about Makoto’s irresponsibility. There was really nothing wrong with her trying to mask her desires with “training”, and at least she tried to convince Makoto to come clean to Kotonoha.

Hikari is somewhat less forgivable. She had the intent of correcting Makoto, but i guess she didn’t have enough willpower to keep focused.

Setsuna had good intentions but approached it the wrong way. Regardless of Kotonoha’s mental state, forcibly making her forget about Makoto was rather heartless. Also, she very well knows Makoto’s line of thought, or rather lack of it, so she shouldn’t have consented to him since it was obvious he wasn’t going to keep his promise. Hell, he already broke it earlier in the same episode (Episode 10).

Otome had some sense. She dumped Makoto after seeing his change for the worse, after all, and wanted nothing more to do with him. Still, she bore the flaw of going for him even when it was public knowledge of Makoto’s relationship with Kotonoha/Sekai.

Her posse, of all the girls who have interacted with Makoto, are by far the least forgivable. They gave themselves to him for no reason other than trying him out, though they still left him after Sekai accidentally revealed her pregnancy.

Simply put, aside from Sekai, Kotohona, and Nanami, the last of whom barely interacted with Makoto, much less “interacted” with him, all the female characters’ fault were their willingness to give in to him in spite of their better judgment and knowledge of him.

On the other hand, some of you guys who are celebrating and are joyful of Makoto’s comeuppance, I hate to say it but you guys are as mentally disturbed as Kotonoha is. I find that he deserved it, but that was it.

Still, Makoto has value for us guys. Like some of you have said, he’s an example of the worst kinds of men: who think with their dicks, not their heads or hearts. Let that be an additional lesson to you would-be players. Not everyone is the same and certainly not as a pushover as everybody would seem to be. You may just act the wrong way to the wrong person and end up with a knife in your chest. So to speak.

Personally, though, between the three of them, I wanted Sekai, at the least, to be the one who lived, if only bec of personal preference and that she was pregnant.

• July 17, 2008 at 5:18 pmKureriann

I just have to say it I LOVE THIS SERIES!! i mean it is messed up and i thought that it was just a normal harem in the first 15 mins till sekai kissed makoto.. than i knew this was not just any harem, and it’s not… i guess now people can keep on saying nice boat! ^_^

• July 26, 2008 at 2:33 amduoX

I like this ending “Makoto must Die” after all his sins. This series was made well based on the game version. First time i heard about school days was in the manga. I read it and was suprised it was short only two volumes. In the manga version makoto isn’t that selfish and was going to face his problem so in the anime and game they made him a hated character to audience a person with all the flaws of man who can control his desires unable to take responsibilty of his own actions. The author must very proud it quite refreshing story where in the beginning it a love story but in the end becomes very tragic and very deadly.

• July 28, 2008 at 2:21 amToasty

wow… glorious ending. finally we get divine intervention out of that douchebag

• August 19, 2008 at 11:07 pmItachi

WTF!!!??? they don’t have another ending??? alternate, something beauty whit no kills… I watch this on youtube and… OMG!!!!
    But its good. Kills, knifes, blood, love, all in one OMG, OMG, OMG

• December 25, 2008 at 6:26 amWindSeer

damn Makoto Fckng Bstrd …
    I didnt hoped for this ending but

it was damn good

cuz makoto fucked his friends..then fckng them some more

damn whores..

DIE SEKAI DIE MAKOTO

Long live kotonoha!..

i hope satan fuck makoto in the ass

• December 27, 2008 at 7:43 amjamesabc

That was a shocking ending, most shocking i have seen in any anime. Makoto was a real jerk playing around with all those girls while leaving Kotonoha in the dark. They should have had a better ending with the police finding the cut up bodies then trying to solve the murder case, because we do not know what happenes to Kotonoha in the end. Also reactions from the class mates would make it interesting. They should make a OVA with the extended ending.

• March 9, 2009 at 2:49 pmSarah

Wow this anime is so awesome! I love evry minute of it, but which they didn’t censor it, but it’seasy to find the uncut and uncensored ending so i’m not bothered. But the real ending is much better in opinion, you see the stabbings more and have actual red blood – a big plus, lol.

Anyway in my opinion, this is one of the best animes ever and very well-made; the innocence and romance at the beginning which then turned to jealousy, hate, rage(and a little crazyness) also because of one stupid guy. Well there’s my view, and i stil think Sekai was actually pregnant.

• May 25, 2009 at 1:50 pmJimena

OMFG!!!!!
    that was just too heavy 4 meeee hahha i never saw the game so i didnt know it had such a creepy end..
    gosh that is the most terrorific and sad thing ive ever seeen in anime.. too mucho 4 me haha.. i started to feel sorry for makoto and i thougth sekai wouldd kill herself not him!! im so shocked! i wont be able to sleep tonigh :(

• May 27, 2009 at 9:50 amVinceC9

I read it on wiki, but its a surprise to all fans of this show since the company producing this was moved by the incident in kyoto, a girl stabbing her father, so they delayed the air date to this ending instead.

• July 20, 2009 at 3:08 amSergio

i didnt know anything about schooldays before watching the anime so this ending was…….something.

When i first saw it i immeadeatelly went to my bed and just laid there .

honestly this anime changes you..

• September 6, 2009 at 8:42 pmdisturbed

i did not expect anything like that, i just randomly picked this anime and it did turned out godamned aweful. don’t get me wrong this is an awesome anime but the ending is just very distrubing.

• September 26, 2009 at 8:53 pmNight

Well, this anime was the most retarded s…t ive ever seen! Honestly, after ive watched half of it, i came to this site to read the ending, because i could not force myself to watch this sh..t anymore.. Oh my god, its just so BAD for f..s sake!!! But after ive read about all these bloody things that were going to happen to the main male hero i decided to watch it to the end only to enjoy seeing that retarded morronic guy getting bloody ripped out, but he deserved to be boiled in oil alive, actually. I give this anime 0,1 out of 100 points, “good” job, mister director!

• September 26, 2009 at 10:13 pmNight

Oh, well, after watching episode 12 i actually realized that the anime was not that bad -.- The only retarded thing in this anime was Makoto, it was hard to stand his stupidity.. But thats not something for children to see -.-

• October 21, 2009 at 3:34 pmJake

Wow… i just wanted to watch an innocent anime. I got through 6 episodes and then realized okay i am seriously fucking tired of these dumb ass characters. Not that the characters were set up by the writer bad or anything, Actually they were done quite well. If these fictional people actually gathered enough emotion out of me to really despise them. I had never heard anything about this anime before hand only that it was harem. So here i am thinking to myself hey i could do with some mindless harem for a while i dont mind. You know the kind of anime thats like candy for the mind. lol well if i was in the mood for watching this today it could have been really good. i think i will finish this later when i feel like seeing some seriously sweet axe slayer shit (<<< thats some goof fucking alliteration).

• November 14, 2009 at 5:26 pmsigh

i remember watching this a year ago gave me nightmares for a week and when my gf slept next time me i was scared for my life when i woke.

this anime considering i never played the game didn’t not turn out any way i thought it would thought it would be another sweet love story, and turn out the opposite. however this is a great anime in the end considering that its practicably and isn’t all fantasy, nothing more to say if you’ve watched it you know the rest

• January 3, 2010 at 1:44 amVicious

it would have been better if sekia survived or Kotonoha to cut makoto’s dick and shove it in her ass…
    anyways i hear in the game u get to rape the little girl (Kotonoha’s sister)

• October 4, 2010 at 9:52 pm…omg

read the manga and watch the anime….i fucking hate both ending they made me cry

• December 3, 2010 at 4:29 amYukiruchan

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………SHOCKED.

• January 14, 2011 at 9:00 pmPera

I can’t believe anything I so. That’s the most intes ending and episode I have ever seen, and I doubt that I’m going to see anything like this again. I have never been so shocked in my whole life. I can’t describe the feeling’s I have now. But one thing I can say for certain, Makoto is a jackass! I’m a little glad that Seikai killed him, so that he can’t hurt other people again.

• February 15, 2011 at 11:12 pmMick Jagger

I was SO HAPPY WHEN Makoto died, take that! Honestly Makoto was a little bit TOO evil, he was cruel, manipulative, and a womanizer with no remorse until the late end. Cmon humans arent THAT bad, someone as cruel as Makoto couldn’t possibly exist.

• February 26, 2011 at 8:59 pmMM

I was happy that makoto died. that was my happy ending but i still wish the girls didnt fight

• « Older Comments