Da Capo II – 02 »« Da Capo Second Season – 26 (END)

Da Capo II – 01

Da Capo II   01   13 Da Capo II   01   14 Da Capo II   01   15
Da Capo II   01   16 Da Capo II   01   17 Da Capo II   01   18
Da Capo II   01   19 Da Capo II   01   20 Da Capo II   01   21
Da Capo II   01   22 Da Capo II   01   23 Da Capo II   01   24
Da Capo II   01   25 Da Capo II   01   26 Da Capo II   01   27
Da Capo II   01   28 Da Capo II   01   29 Da Capo II   01   30

Summary:

Sakurai Yoshiyuki wakes up one morning after dreaming again about a girl confessing to him in front of the large sakura tree. Realizing how late it is, he rushes out of his room and nearly runs over his sister Asakura Yume who wants him to make her some breakfast since their older sister Asakura Otome had to leave early because today is their school’s culture festival. Yoshiyuki doesn’t have the time to actually cook anything, so he uses his special ability to magically create a wagashi for her to eat. His phone then rings with a call from Sakura asking him to get some documents she left in her room. At school, his friends are all waiting for him, including his childhood friend Tsukishima Koko who has feelings for him. She wants to go around the festival with him, but before she can ask him, their class representative Sawai Maya interrupts them to get Yoshiyuki to do some work. Yoshiyuki gets out of it by saying that the school principal had wanted him to do something, and he runs off.

Sakura isn’t in the principal’s office when Yoshiyuki gets there, and since the room is messy, he cleans it up a little. While he’s putting a pillow away in the closet, however, Yoshiyuki notices a secret set of stairs leading down somewhere. He’s unable to explore it though because Sakura soon returns. After Yoshiyuki gives her the documents she wanted, Sakura asks him who he’s going to be touring the festival with today. She guesses that it’ll be one of his sisters, but Yoshiyuki thinks that it’ll be his friends Suginami and Wataru as usual. Sakura compares a school life without love to a nabe without dashi, and she urges him to do his best. Once he leaves, she looks out her window and urges the girls at the festival to do their best too. The girls in particular she’s looking at are Koko with her friends Anzu and Akane. As the three are talking about how this is a good time to confess, they see a group of boys gathered around the school idol Shirakawa Nanaka because they want to go around the festival with her. Anzu thinks that Koko has to learn from those boys because failing to act means that nothing will change.

The three then approach Yoshiyuki and his friends and propose that they walk around the festival together as a group, with Yoshiyuki looking after Koko in particular. The group then goes around to all the booths, including a couples’ compatibility test where Yoshiyuki and Koko get kichi together, which isn’t good or bad. Feeling that Koko’s not making enough progress, Akane and Anzu pull her aside and remind her of her goal. Suginami then suggests that they go to the tea house which is serving tea made with the petals of the undying sakura tree that supposedly will grant any wish, and Koko makes her wish there. Afterwards, Akane and Anzu ask Yoshiyuki what type of girl he likes, but he claims not to have any in particular. This gets Wataru frustrated since he thinks that Yoshiyuki’s senses have been dulled because he has Otome and Yume. Yoshiyuki gets offended because those two are his siblings, and by coincidence, student council president Otome walks by with her entourage just then. Noticing Yoshiyuki, she walks over to straighten out her little brother’s clothes, but she gets pulled away by her friend Mayuki.

That evening, as everyone is cleaning up from the festival, Anzu and Akane leave with Wataru and Suginami so that Koko can be alone with Yoshiyuki. Since this is her chance, Koko takes Yoshiyuki to the special sakura tree and finally confesses her feelings for him. This causes him to realize that the girl in his dream was her after all, and he remembers how they had been together since they were young and how she’s precious to him. However, Yoshiyuki isn’t sure if his feelings amount to love. When he sees Koko about to cry though, Yoshiyuki agrees to go out with her. Hugging him, Koko is glad that her wish got granted.

ED Sequence

Da Capo II   ED   01 Da Capo II   ED   02 Da Capo II   ED   03
Da Capo II   ED   04 Da Capo II   ED   05 Da Capo II   ED   06

ED: 「優しさは雨のように」 (Yasashisa wa Ame no Youni) by CooRie
Watch the ED!: Mirror 1, Mirror 2
I’m not particularly keen on either the OP or the ED, though I did like the style used in the ending sequence. It reminds me of the style SHAFT has used for a lot of their series recently.

I have mixed feelings about this first episode. On one hand, a confession right away seems like a good sign that they’re not going to waste too much time. However, the fact that it was Koko’s confession and not Otome or Yume or Nanaka (who, if the original Da Capo is any indicator, are probably the main contenders), makes me wonder what direction this show is going in. A bunch of people on 2ch were jokingly saying that this was a good ending (since accepting a confession could be the end of any other show). Anyway, I would venture a guess that Koko is going to get her heart broken, or else the sakura tree’s magic will change things somehow – or both.

Animation-wise, it doesn’t seem like the quality changed much over DCSS, for better than worse. The show has roughly the same feel to it with a different set of characters. Well, not entirely different. Suginami is somehow exactly the same as he used to be, and so is Sakura. For whatever reason though, I’m willing to accept Suginami since he’s still a student, but I really question how Sakura looks the same if this is supposed to be 53 years after the original. She’s the principal of the school, so she’s (probably) gotten older, but it sure doesn’t show. More of that sakura tree magic perhaps.

All in all, I’m not sure if this will turn out to be any good, but since it’s only 13 episodes long, I’ll probably end up watching and blogging all of it. The title of next week’s episode has the word banana in it, so I assume it’ll be about the girl who has the same last name as Miharu.

October 1, 2007 at 3:22 pm
  • October 1, 2007 at 3:25 pmAishiteru

Yaay! It’s finally here! Now time to watch the RAW and then soon, the subs.

• October 1, 2007 at 3:28 pmGermanguy

Do you really care about this “Timejump”? :)

• October 1, 2007 at 3:31 pmarigatou

Sakura never gets old since she is binded by the sakura flower’s magic or so despite the fact that the it is long gone…

Where is the monthly power rankings X_X it seems late and already on the Fall category……

• October 1, 2007 at 3:37 pmSniper

So this is the fall season. i have hight expectations for this show.

• October 1, 2007 at 3:44 pmsento

Looks different than I imagined. I like the ending shots. Can’t wait for subs. ^^

• October 1, 2007 at 3:47 pmhobli

i wonder who the main guy character ends up this time

• October 1, 2007 at 3:51 pmZzz…

It’s DA CRAP!!!

I’m going to so love hating this show…

• October 1, 2007 at 3:55 pmrelentlessflame

> A confession in the first episode seems like a good sign that they’re not wasting too much time, but the fact that it’s Koko’s and not one of his sisters or Nanaka makes me wonder what direction this show is going in.

Agreed. They’re obviously trying to do something very different with this adaptation, as this is a total departure from the game (i.e. even in Koko’s path, it wasn’t like this). I think they’re trying to keep everyone, especially the game players, guessing. We’ll see what happens…

• October 1, 2007 at 4:05 pmmangamaxx

I assume Sakura looks the same because of magic. Didn’t they mention something about this in the first or second season of Da Capo? About Sakura purposely halting her growth?

• October 1, 2007 at 4:07 pmsemtex

seen confessions in first episode before, but it will interesting to see how this develops later.

• October 1, 2007 at 4:09 pmMoogy

The romaji for the OP title is wrong. Should be Sakura Kimi ni Emu, not ni Eru.

• October 1, 2007 at 4:14 pmmutio

This show is just 13 episodes so I’ll give it a try, but that kind of anime I couldn’t watch for 26 episodes or even two seasons, would bore me lol

• October 1, 2007 at 4:16 pmMark

I don’t know much about DCII, but if they’re adapting it to an anime like this, it seems to me that they might be doing something similar to School Days (without the decapitation). It seems possible they might work through relationships with different girls rather than waiting for the last couple of eps to get a relationship going.

• October 1, 2007 at 4:20 pmDeathclock

Waku waku..
    Doki doki~
    I should D/L the game just now =~

• October 1, 2007 at 4:23 pmSyaoran Li

Well, I like it best in this way… beacuse you don’t want another brother/sister love.

• October 1, 2007 at 4:28 pmChiu^2

13 seems a little short though at least it’s easier to download, so I’ll check it out if it suits me(or just watch it online)

• October 1, 2007 at 4:29 pmrelentlessflame

Well, it should probably be clearly established on the front-end that Yoshiyuki isn’t a real or adopted brother to either Otome or Yume. He’s more like a distant cousin. I’ll be glad that we won’t have to deal with that discussion again this time around… ^^;

• October 1, 2007 at 4:31 pmAznsoulboy

lol how nostalgic. It was because of Da Capo second season that ive found this site. Hope it’ll be good.

• October 1, 2007 at 4:56 pmaurabolt

Umm, you got the ending theme credit wrong…

• October 1, 2007 at 4:59 pmShiro

The fact that Sakura doesn’t change makes me the happiest person on this earth.

• October 1, 2007 at 5:32 pmAznsoulboy

ahah relentlessflame. I still remember that discussion. ._.”.

and I think its because of the tree that Sakura is still like the same.

• October 1, 2007 at 5:33 pmTrejon

ARE YOU KIDDDDDDING MEE!!!!!! wooow THIS TOOK ME FOR SURPRISE… ONLY AT READ DACAPO II I ALMOST EXPLODE…. IKKITE YOKATA!!! i know its wrong writted :P let me be LOOL!!!!!

• October 1, 2007 at 5:45 pmNiou

Well, hopefully Yume won’t be a Nemu clone…

• October 1, 2007 at 5:59 pmKody-san

hmm a confession accepted on first episode anyone getting that school days vibe *shiver still tried to work off that ending*

• October 1, 2007 at 6:07 pmklazyguy

Something tells me this won’t be the greatest thing ever…By the looks of it its gunna have lots of yelling drama and anguish before the happy go-lucky end..

• October 1, 2007 at 6:11 pmVillage Idiot

@Niou:
    Well, hopefully Yume won’t be a Nemu clone…
    —-
    Yume and Otome both represent a side of Nemu.

Yume = Dark Nemu
    Otome = Responsible Nemu

• October 1, 2007 at 6:13 pmVerbatimEx

Another Junichi Clone created from the loins of “Him” and Yoshino via Cherry Wishing Tree

See how Sakurai can create bread from nothing :))

Pls no more nemu thing for the love of GOd she already got two grandchildren with one voiced by the old Shirakawa’s Seiyuu(Horie-san), me like’s new shirakawa too(minori-san)

Gonna watch as Koko will go to follow the route of Kotonoha in School days and Stab Sakurai and the Two Asakura sister will gang up of her like an EVA on dummy plug mode LoL!!!!

• October 1, 2007 at 6:18 pmNiou

@VI

Ehh, so Yume’s the bad without the good? My my…:P

• October 1, 2007 at 6:22 pmchiwasu

I like Kotori version than the new twin tail of Nanaka >.

• October 1, 2007 at 6:32 pmXellos-_^

Death to Nemu

oh wait wrong series.

• October 1, 2007 at 6:32 pmpakxenon

>>It’s DA CRAP!!!

>>I’m going to so love hating this show…

I’ve never watched the first two seasons, but I think I’ll be doing the same as you.

• October 1, 2007 at 6:54 pmChicle

I’ll bet Sakura doesn’t change due to MAGIC!

• October 1, 2007 at 7:01 pmann

generic anime is generic.

• October 1, 2007 at 7:20 pmrelentlessflame

> Yume and Otome both represent a side of Nemu.

Yume = Dark Nemu
    Otome = Responsible Nemu

– Village Idiot

Suffice it to say, that’s a very poor and inaccurate description, beneath the surface. The one who has a really scary dark side is actually… ^^;

• October 1, 2007 at 7:33 pmSailor Enlil

• October 1, 2007 at 7:36 pmblaho

@VerbatimEx

omg after watching school days I can no longer watch a regular anime without wondering what horrible thing will happen -twitch-, and school days got off to a fast start too O_O

• October 1, 2007 at 7:48 pmKnowngni

Slightly disappointed in the anime quality but w/e. It saddens me that the game characters are much much nicer than the animes

Yoshiyuki spoiler chat:

• October 1, 2007 at 8:01 pmAnza

WHY THE….

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn it even after season 2 sucked so much I still want to see this one ;_;

Someone please… shoot me.

• October 1, 2007 at 8:08 pmrelentlessflame

Knowngni:

• October 1, 2007 at 8:11 pmXellos-_^

So are we going to get a DC X School Days :D

• October 1, 2007 at 8:16 pmrelentlessflame

> So Junichi cheated on Nemu with Sakura? Looking at how all the other girls have the same last name as the girls form season 1 and 2. I wonder if Junichi cheated with the girls too.

So are we going to get a DC X School Days
    – Xellos-_^

Good god, Xellos — what have you done?! ^^; Suffice it to say: no. :p

• October 1, 2007 at 8:45 pmAvexMode

Don’t worry, by next week this crap will be forgotten when Clannad arrived.

• October 1, 2007 at 8:49 pmuho

Wait. Who’s the main heroine?

• October 1, 2007 at 9:09 pmpadfoot135

hummm they seems to have dug up some old plots from the 1st DC…rermber hw the first DC the guys could pop out candy… tis guy could pop (i 4got it’s name)…. not much has really change!!! love the weird cat…. some how i get the feeling just because koko got the main guy for now does’t mean it’ll end wif them both…=)

• October 1, 2007 at 9:12 pmEvar

• October 1, 2007 at 9:13 pmSyaoran Li

I can see it now, his sisters will try to get him back… damn it; what a family

• October 1, 2007 at 9:15 pmMiDEN

looks gert XD! thanks

heres a dl likn to the song : http://www.mediafire.com/?d4zox1cjl11

^^) this looks pretty good but whats upp!! confessing / accepting it already – -” ugu~

• October 1, 2007 at 9:20 pmsilverwolf1492

is it a season 2 of the previous one? because it seems that’s the same plot and same character ?!

• October 1, 2007 at 9:28 pmBROOKLYN otaku

SAKURA IS REALLY ONE OF THE UNDEAD!!!

• October 1, 2007 at 9:37 pmasian182

like father like son hes got the same ability as junichi

• October 1, 2007 at 10:09 pmGil

I understand Sakura’s case (grandma was still young-looking back in DC I)

Suginami…….wtf is he, an alien? Not only is he still a student, but also untainted by time (he also doesn’t have a last name).

• October 1, 2007 at 10:13 pmFat Cat Lim

With a confession accepted straight off the bat and with 13 episodes to go, perhaps a nice boat ending is in the making! XD

• October 1, 2007 at 10:23 pmkk

if i remember correctly, the grandmother of the junichi and sakura looks very young, so junichi would look young as well, i guess.

• October 1, 2007 at 10:47 pmKnowngni

In the game junichi is an old man so he didnt get the benefits of not aging.

relentlessflame:

• October 1, 2007 at 10:53 pmrelentlessflame

Knowngni:

• October 1, 2007 at 11:06 pmKnowngni

True. Well anyways I dont know but I hate the coloring scheme they used for everything except yoshiyuki’s hair. It feels too light. I do wish the girl’s hair were a bit more darker. I dont remember yume having those short twin tails in the back

• October 1, 2007 at 11:41 pmWererat42

@Fat Cat Lim: A Nice Boat Ending? What is this sudden craze for blood and tragedy in this genre. It’s freaking Da Capo for chrissake, the most violence we’ll probably see is someone getting slapped during the generic ‘barging in’ scene. But seeing how smooth the main guy appears to be in this one, maybe not even that.

I don’t like, however, that the confession comes right at the beginning, since that’s a tell-tale sign that it won’t work out, though I have been wrong before. The sisters don’t seem quite as irritatingly siscon as Nemu. But something tells me that Nanaka will be about as lucky as her grandmother (well, I take that back, considering she has a granddaughter she must have moved on and gotten over that siscon.)

• October 2, 2007 at 12:45 amKLined

I have to agree with Anza on this one. This was one of the most generic animes of all time. I have tried to watch this anime before but dropped it from disgust and boredom.

I just assume the reason DC does so well is because of its incest theme? Last I heard the guy married his sister. The fact that she isnt his blood sister does not make it any better by far.

Creepy.

• October 2, 2007 at 1:08 amTelliamed

I can only say that I’ll miss Nanao Naru… or not. You could say e.f. is the new D.C. But the characters in those screenshots look so moe-generic.

• October 2, 2007 at 1:25 amrelentlessflame

Knowngni: Yeah, Yume did have the short twin tails. Sort of agree about the hair colour — it could be richer/more vibrant. It’s like it needs more levels of shadow or something. It looks okay in motion, but looks sort of plain and off in stills.

KLined: Not that you care, but I’m quite sure the appeal is much deeper than that. Oh well…

• October 2, 2007 at 3:50 amgolthin

I must assume that Yoshiyuki is not blood related to otome and yume! Koko has NOOOOO chance at all! She already has the Childhood friend role and that is destined to fail! I feel sorry for her. This basically DE capo with double the trouble, to non related sisters instead of one.

• October 2, 2007 at 4:07 amChan

Actually, *none* of them exist. In the game, they were created by a wish from one of the ‘rejected’ heroines…

• October 2, 2007 at 5:14 amdunames

• October 2, 2007 at 7:37 amhayate-sama

OMG that comfession at the end is belong to nanaka, it is much better if the the girl is nanaka, go to hell koko

• October 2, 2007 at 1:00 pmXellos-_^

wererat: don’t be too sure. All those girls have the same last name as their grand mother.
    Maybe Junichi was pulling a Makoto or Nemu :D

• October 2, 2007 at 7:36 pmGil

Yoshiyuki should get it on with Akane (pink-haired girl).

She’s the hottest.

I wonder if we’ll get any “Shiwasu” from our young, Shirakawa-chan? :D

• October 2, 2007 at 9:21 pmXellos-_^

“Yoshiyuki should get it on with Akane (pink-haired girl).

She’s the hottest.”

• October 2, 2007 at 10:32 pmhayate-sama

““Yoshiyuki should get it on with Akane (pink-haired girl).

She’s the hottest.”

I disagree, he should go with Sakura. 69 yr old or not. She is still a blond Twin pig-tail loli. ”

no way, nanaka is the best, please let the shirakawa win .

P/s nanaka in the anime look exactly like the game

• October 3, 2007 at 12:22 amshakugan no shana

Yume is much much cuter than Nemu…who for some reason seems to be hated by everyone [including me]…I really dislike the pace of this show…especially the timid, can’t-get-out-of-the shell character of Koko…it was so painful watching her “hatch”–all in all, the beginning episode ranks last relative to all previous seasons…

• October 3, 2007 at 12:53 amMaybe

a confession in the first episode parallels School Days confession in the first episode

• October 3, 2007 at 1:08 amX

@ OMNI:

The fact that sakura didnt change much is because she’s a direct descendant from the line of magicians in their family. She resembles her grandmother in not only looks but ability wise, which i heard from the first season and second season of DC that her grandmother looked young even at such an old age.

• October 3, 2007 at 1:26 amdojikyo

First episode confession accepted to avoid hurt feelings as opposed to love. Love triangle between Yoshiyuki, Yume and Koko. Koko loses to Yume.

Or they could let the new Kotori submarine in for a victory and please all the people who were upset that the previous Kotori lost.

• October 3, 2007 at 1:30 amXellos-_^

“First episode confession accepted to avoid hurt feelings as opposed to love. Love triangle between Yoshiyuki, Yume and Koko. Koko loses to Yume”

Koko shows up preg and with a chain saw.

• October 3, 2007 at 4:43 amKasumi

I wonder if their love will progress or not. Guess I’ll have to wait and see.

• October 3, 2007 at 8:38 amd-one

just end this show right now XD

this is a good ending for me XD

• October 3, 2007 at 4:07 pmdelicatessen

• October 3, 2007 at 8:33 pmXellos-_^

It is Nemu,

DEATH TO NEMU

• October 4, 2007 at 4:26 amSyaoran Li

I’ll give my chance to D.C. II

• October 4, 2007 at 11:06 amZhenyeh

Da Capo 2….. am i having a dejavu ???

i thought the series finished long time ago…..

• October 4, 2007 at 12:28 pmrelentlessflame

> [i]I bet everything I have right now on my pocket that the girl in his vision was Yume and not Koko. We know CIRCUS very well, so everything will change right away.[/i]
    – Syaoran Li

Well, actually, listen carefully to the voice acting in that scene. It’s Koko’s voice (word for word what was said at the end). If you look carefully, you can also notice Koko’s hairstyle. The dream at the beginning of the episode was definitely Koko.

However, I suspect Yume is connected to that scene in another way.

• October 4, 2007 at 4:31 pmmelody

I really hope he does not end up with the girl who confessed…(i dont know why but i dont like her)

• October 4, 2007 at 5:11 pmvalthunder

i think Yoshiyuki will end with Koko…
    specially after i’ve seen the part of the principal in the window (school festival)
    and the magic of the sakura will be activated by one of his sisters (the younger probably)

• October 4, 2007 at 6:49 pmME

shouldn’t this be called Da Capo 3?

• October 4, 2007 at 7:58 pmAznsoulboy

anyway, I really hope he wont get one of his sisters no matter what. Especially the little one Yume? I dont mind other girls. But I would like to see Nanaka somehow.

I dont think he’ll end up with Koko…or maybe.

• October 5, 2007 at 12:04 amFlameStrike

Isn’t Yoshiyuki related to Sakura or something?? Or that could just be my memory messing with me. Meh I was hopeing for a Nanaka end but it looks like there doing some crazy thing with a confession right off the bat. Well Yoshiyuki is nothing like that creep Makoto so the chances of saw attacks are 0. Unless the creaters really really really mess it up.

• October 5, 2007 at 3:02 pmXellos-_^

Yoshiyuki is Sakura’s son

Junichi went Makoto on Nemul That is why all the girls are have the same last name as the girls form the first DC.

• October 5, 2007 at 5:25 pmrelentlessflame

Xellos-_^, even 4 days later, that’s still completely wrong. ^^;

• October 6, 2007 at 3:04 ampakxenon

Bah. I’m bored of a generic start to a generic harem anime.

Maybe I should watch the first season first…

• October 6, 2007 at 3:04 pmXellos-_^

relentlessflame, I know. i am just messing with the people here.

The truth: Yoshiyuki is Sakura and Junichi’s grandson.

• October 6, 2007 at 11:53 pmrelentlessflame

See, even that gives people the wrong impression. The real truth is… it’s not that simple. Oh well… I obviously knew you were just messing with people… I just don’t want them to, you know, actually believe it. :p

• October 7, 2007 at 12:36 amtakamachi

what ever happened to utamaru? i miss that cat

• October 7, 2007 at 3:24 pmasdffdsa

Harems, harems, and more harems…

I hate harems.

• January 21, 2008 at 1:41 ambhea

waaaa….i love AMAKASE!!!!!! bleeehh!! hehe

• August 30, 2010 at 12:53 pmSpec

if
    junichi x nemu = grandchild yume
    junichi x kotori = grandchild nanaka

then does that mean that before junichi married kotori at da capo if, he already got a child from nemu?