Random Musings – The Melonpan Song »« Magical Heart Kokoro-chan (School Days OVA) Coming Soon

Random Musings – A Little Bit Of Everything

There are some miscellaneous things this week that I think don’t warrant a full post, but are worth a mention.

Hirano Aya   NEOPHILIA   01
  • Hirano Aya’s latest single NEOPHILIA, the second of her three releases on consecutive months, was actually pretty good. At least, it was pretty good in comparison to last month’s LOVE★GUN which I thought was absolutely horrendous (both the PV and the song). NEOPHILIA showcased her vocal talents a lot better, though the PV with the mannequin was a bit too creepy for my tastes. According to the official Lantis website, each single has a separate theme – the first one being CRASH!, the second being COOL & elegance, and the third being HAPPY!. With that in mind, I’m not exactly looking forward to the third single, but it might be worth a listen. It’s titled MonStAR and is due out December 5th, 2007.
  • Although I’m not actively watching or blogging Genshiken 2, I saw some screenshots of this week’s episode and had to take a look. They expanded on Ogiue’s fantasy from volume six of the manga into this whole boys’ love story that turned out to be way more homoerotic than anything I’ve ever seen on television, yet I couldn’t stop laughing because of how seriously it was portrayed in both theme and animation style. It’s definitely worth a watch if you have the time.
  • Genshiken 2   05   01
    D.Gray man   OP3   01
  • I’ve gotten literally dozens of emails this past week about blogging D.Gray-man again because it’s finally gotten back on track with the manga story, so this is something that needs to be addressed: I have no current plans to pick DGM back up, regardless of how good it currently is or isn’t. Never mind the fact that doing so would require me to drop Myself; Yourself or BLUE DROP, but after having sat through those anime original episodes, I’m just not willing to go back to it again unless it’s damn impressive. The recent episodes 55, 56, and 57 were good, but still not quite good enough for me to reconsider, especially in light of the current weekly schedule. It’s possible I’ll think about it again next season, however that’s still unlikely unless Winter 2008 has some really weak shows. For now, I’ll just stick with reading the manga.
  • It was officially announced yesterday that the second Vocaloid2 package (the first being the insanely popular Hatsune Miku) will be Kagamine Rin. She’ll be voiced by Shimoda Asami, who’s probably most famous for being the voice of Ami and Mami in THE IDOLM@STER game. In terms of singing, Hatsune Miku is listed as being good for Idol and dance songs, but Kagamine Rin will apparently be good at rock, pop, and even some enka. She’ll also sing at a higher tempo – 85 to 175BPM – compared to Hatsune Miku’s 70 to 150BPM. It should be interesting to listen to, and it’s a surefire bet that this’ll be a huge hit too.
  • mewmew has decided to drop Taiho Shichauzo Full Throttle, citing that it’s not interesting as he had originally thought it’d be, and he hopes this’ll give him more time to concentrate on Ghost Hound and Moyashimon.
  • Oh, and I almost forgot. I’m really looking forward to the first episode of the Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations OVA coming out next week. I’ve got my fingers crossed for Production I.G to do as good a job with it as they did with the Tsubasa movie.
  • Kagamine Rin
    November 8, 2007 at 2:21 pm
    • November 8, 2007 at 2:26 pmreggie

Genshiken 2? didn’t even watch the first one, if their is one, HELL NO. yuri YES:)? YAOI? NOOOO LOL

• November 8, 2007 at 2:43 pmTotali

Creepy? I thought the Neophilia video was pretty cool :P! The boys’ love in Genshiken was…..hilarious. Also, I don’t really get all the uproar about the Vocaloid stuff. What it can do is pretty cool, but meh. ;P

• November 8, 2007 at 2:50 pmann

I agree about Genshiken 2. Episode 5 was hilarious. Even if you hate boy’s love, how it’s portrayed is just so funny. A deep look inside a fangirl mind. :D

• November 8, 2007 at 4:01 pmmeistermauri

i think d.gray-man in the manga is the best and the anime is very good. so i think you have to blog this again.

• November 8, 2007 at 4:07 pmlex

Somebodt needs to blog baccano..

• November 8, 2007 at 4:15 pmUnknown Voice

agreed on d gray man. Although they seem to faithfully follow the story now and the ost is stunning, there’s something still missing. The char designs are still not even close enough to manga and the whole suman scenes were stretched out too much. Lets hope that with the start of Edo arc it will get even better. For me eps 52-57 were enough to go back to anime.

for vocaloid2 – well… i kind of hoped that we will finally get a decent MALE voice instead of cute-sounding loli ones >.> Although the fact that her voice will have a higher tempo and is for rock pop and enko genres gave me hopes that it will, indeed, be something different and not just miku with another character design…

I certainly aggree on Tokyo Revelations. After seeing the trailer and the screenshots posted on the official website, I feel that we may finally see a decent adaptation. Character designs are better for sure and its not as colorful or child friendly as anime series were. Backgrounds look stuning too. Although the first OVA won’t yet cover the most gory parts, it seems that they won’t try to tone down violence, which is always good thing. Still, 8 days left to know for sure on how good it is…

• November 8, 2007 at 5:41 pmTimoshi Huang

d.gray-man = new style… new characters… dammn.

• November 8, 2007 at 6:08 pmneko_in_blue

I read in anime news network that this new season of tsubasa is terrible :/
      but Im looking forwad to see it too, because of a video of clamp in wonderland 2 that I watched and it made me miss the characters :)

• November 8, 2007 at 6:11 pmFuruba

yeah i like this albumn of aya’s a lot better than the first.
      and omg d.gray-man = love ^___^V!!
      and tsubasa OAV? omg =D i haven’t seen stuff from tsubasa in AGES !!
      -cant wait-

• November 8, 2007 at 6:21 pmUnknown Voice

@neko_in_blue
      Well, its not exactly new season, just 3-part OVA, each 25 min long. It will cover a certain manga arc, which should have happened right after Rekord. It was the turning point of the series in manga, from there story got into way darker and gory direction. Also beware, that many episodes of so called season2 should be ignored, as it never happened in manga storyline. Just assume that there were no other worlds in season2, but piffle, shurano and Rekord.

• November 8, 2007 at 6:36 pmmewmew

I support Unknown Voice. :)

I personally thought the Tokyo arc of Tsubasa Chronicle was definitely one of the best, especially with the Show Spoiler ▼

• November 8, 2007 at 8:24 pmBROOKLYN otaku

black tear’s=creepy D.gray man anime=crap D.gray man manga= AWESOME!!!

• November 8, 2007 at 9:51 pmChicle

Neophilia? Couldn’t she have picked something that doesn’t come close to a word that means gross and nasty?

• November 8, 2007 at 10:29 pmpadfoot135

yup yup… D.gray-man anime… it’s really that good.. compare to the manga which is hell loads better -.-” all the stupid side sotry makes it drop ranks

• November 8, 2007 at 10:29 pmasdas

emo

• November 8, 2007 at 10:54 pmjaima

Unknown Voice: “for vocaloid2 – well… i kind of hoped that we will finally get a decent MALE voice instead of cute-sounding loli ones >.>”

This is madness!

• November 9, 2007 at 3:34 amarigatou

Please bring back the Power Rankings it’s already November… (or no longer have spare time to do so)

• November 9, 2007 at 3:48 pmkeywin

its a pity YUA Full Throttle is dropped and that DGM is not going to be re-picked up. esp when Bleach is going through filler hell again -_-’

• November 9, 2007 at 3:53 pmAlly

Geez people chill. Its not your website so you don’t have to get irate about it. This blog will be about what it wants to. If you want a blog of DGM instead of Bleach you write it…I’m just super thankful this blog has been here and I realize that it must take a tremendous amount of effort to do so many shows. So a big Thank You to the author(s).

• November 9, 2007 at 7:50 pmSavofenno

For me Genshiken is the best anime this season, but ep.5 was clearly NOT for me, maybe for girls. If they have to stretch things from manga, then please show me more of Ohno`s cosplay!

• November 9, 2007 at 8:31 pmFlareKnight

Well don’t think it’s wrong to have people commenting about the blog since without it things might be too quiet. I do leave the choices of what is put up to those in charge since it isn’t my blog here.

But I do think the recent D.Grey-man episodes have been excellent. Haven’t been many shows right now releasing episodes eclipsing that quality level. Enjoyed the deep themes and questions being brought up lately. Don’t think there is much to complain about there. But not like Blue Drop and Myself;Yourself have done anything to warrant being dropped.

• November 9, 2007 at 10:32 pmu know me

D gray man is the best anime ever bitches!!

• November 10, 2007 at 12:38 amlex

Yes, I realize it’s his blog. We can still comment can’t we? I’ve just been disappointed recently by the shows that are being blogged – summaries filled “well that was relaxing to watch, but not much happened, etc etc”, when we have mind-blowingly confusing, yet amazing anime like Baccano that get no love here :(

• November 10, 2007 at 8:03 amBakeNeko

Oh, Omni, so you’re going to review Tokyo Revelations? Great~!

• November 11, 2007 at 9:53 pmBROOKLYN otaku

freedom of speech my friends. anyway i just peeped the new d-gray man’s and yeah..they are pretty good the better episode being #56 out of “UNKNOWN VOICE’S” suggested 52-57, but to me..i feel this is a weak season for anime. besides the hype machine which is clannad and gundam “which i already lost interest in” im not feeling anything too much…
      BACCANO??? WHATS THAT??? you say its THAT GOOD huh “LEX” i’m gonnapeep it right now
      P.S= drop something and bring back the HAYATE NO GOTOKU BLOGS, still makes me laugh

• November 15, 2007 at 5:36 pmNIGGER

YOU STUPID NIGGER. PICK UP D-GRAY-MAN OR I WILL KILL YOUR BLACK FAMILY AND RAPE YOUR FUCKING 6 YEAR OLD BABY SISTER. FUCKING SMELLY ASS NIGGER

• November 16, 2008 at 9:57 pmTatsukete

I neeed help!!!
      I really want to watch Genshken but I don’t know where to find it!