true tears – 12 »« true tears – 10

true tears   11   13 true tears   11   14 true tears   11   15
true tears   11   16 true tears   11   17 true tears   11   18
true tears   11   19 true tears   11   20 true tears   11   21
true tears   11   22 true tears   11   23 true tears   11   24
true tears   11   25 true tears   11   26 true tears   11   27
true tears   11   28 true tears   11   29 true tears   11   30

Summary:

It’s been one week since Hiromi started living on her own, and with her suspension over, she’s attending school again. Having not run into Noe recently, Shinichirou instead visits Hiromi’s new apartment, and the two talk about an upcoming basketball game against the Hotarugawa girls team. Shinichirou is particularly disappointed to hear that Jun will probably be there with the boys’ team. Hiromi then notices that it has started to snow again outside, she declares that she likes the ocean during snow and suggests that they go to the waterfront. When they get there, she asks Shinichirou about his practicing the dance for the festival, but he has a hard time paying attention to what she’s saying because his thoughts are now on Noe. When he finally does notice the look on her face, she surprises him by kissing him. Meanwhile, across town, Nobuse gets a phone call from Aiko who asks if he wants a high-spirited female friend. She suggests that they start over as friends again and feels that a sweater is impossible at the beginning – they have to start from something easier. To Aiko’s surprise, Nobuse shows up at her door at that very moment and says that he’ll do his best for that sweater someday. In response, Aiko promises to improve her knitting skills until then.

At school the next day, Shinichirou sees Noe in the hallway, but she’s gone before he can catch her. He then heads to the gym to watch the girls’ basketball game and sees that there is a commotion developing due to how the girls on the Hotarugawa team are intentionally tripping Hiromi. It stops when Jun steps in and confronts the Hotarugawa girls about the blatant foul play, and this impresses everyone watching. Shinichirou, however, leaves before the game is over, and he runs into Nobuse who wants him to tell Noe that she didn’t properly put a curse on him. This leads to Shinichirou looking for Noe by the chicken coop, but she’s not there. Later that night, after his dance practice, Shinichirou returns home and hears his parents working outside. He uses the chance to visit Hiromi’s old room and thinks about how he hasn’t done anything properly. Hiromi meanwhile is still getting used to living by herself and spends some time on the phone with Tomoyo. She also gets a call from Jun, and he apologizes for what happened today. Hiromi apologizes too because she knows that she’s troubled a lot of people and made some people unhappy. She then thanks Jun, and he asks to see her again.

The following day, Hiromi helps out at the Nakagami house and gets asked to bring some laundry up to Shinichirou’s room. He isn’t in there when she enters, and after putting down the clothes, Hiromi notices that he has on his desk a notebook labeled as the Story of Raigomaru and Jibeta. Hearing Shinichirou coming up the steps, Hiromi hurries away from his desk and tells him about the laundry. When he tries to bring up the topic of the basketball game yesterday, she avoids it, urges him to do his best with the dance, and then rushes out. That afternoon, Hiromi meets with Jun at the park and tells him that they should stop seeing and contacting each other. She doesn’t want to drag any more people into this, but Jun then reminds her that their agreement isn’t over yet. In response, Hiromi shocks Jun by saying that she’s not the one he likes and that he doesn’t care about anything other than that girl. She then leaves him standing there, and Shinichirou happens to see her walking away. That night however, Hiromi gets a phone call from Jun who is panicking because Noe never came home. He wants her to inform Shinichirou, and after thinking about it for a long while, Hiromi finally does call Shinichirou to tell him about it. Noticeably worried, Shinichirou decides to go look for Noe and hangs up on Hiromi before she can say everything that she wanted to say.

Noe is at that moment in the chicken pen with Jibeta, and as she watches the chicken, she acknowledges that she doesn’t understand its feelings. She feels that there are a lot of painful things in this world and wants to fly away from it all, and she decides to help Jibeta fly. By the time Shinichirou arrives at the school to check the chicken coop spot, Noe is already gone, and he sees that she took Jibeta with her. Remembering how she had said, back when they were at the waterfront, that the place where he flies is not there, he realizes that those were farewell words and rushes to the waterfront. Noe is already there, and as she approaches the water, she sings her song, though she replaces the final lyrics with ones about Hiromi being in Shinichirou’s heart. When Shinichirou finds her, she’s standing at the edge of the breakwater facing the tumultuous waves.

true tears   11   Preview 01 true tears   11   Preview 02 true tears   11   Preview 03

Though I probably should have been expecting something like this since three episodes is like an eternity to wrap up the story, this week did a good job making me question if Shinichirou was going to realize that he likes Noe more than Hiromi now, or if this is all just part of him helping Noe get her tears back. You’d think that things would be set after Hiromi kissed him, but it’s quite troubling that he kept thinking of Noe in the moments before that. There’s also the interesting aspect of how Hiromi looks to be becoming fairly jealous of the attention that Noe gets, and I wonder if she’s going to eventually lash out. Regardless, I still think that Shinichirou’s just going to help Noe get her tears back and end up with Hiromi, but if nothing else, the writers are showing that they can keep the story interesting even after the main couple has seemingly been decided.

I haven’t commented on the music for a while, but I have to say that I really liked the background piano song that was playing during the kiss scene and the subsequent AikoXNobuse scene. It wasn’t on the first soundtrack, so hopefully it’ll be on one of the future releases. Speaking of which, I thought that after last episode Aiko was going to move on from both Nobuse and Shinichirou, but that appears not to be the case. In a way, it feels like a step backwards for her (remember that she had said she was graduating from Shinichirou), but at the same time, this is probably one of the easiest ways for her to have a happy ending. A lot can still happen in the two remaining episodes, though I suspect they’ll largely leave Aiko alone for now and just concentrate on Noe and Hiromi, as the preview suggests.

March 15, 2008 at 1:45 pm
  • March 19, 2008 at 10:03 amSailor Enlil

Just for kicks I used Atlas to translate the text from the aforementioned website on ep12

So what would you make of it?

• March 19, 2008 at 11:47 amMIke

tThey made it in such a way that it is unpredictable and clouded w/ mystery lolz. Even for the japanese audience, of course they want it to be still unknown;D It’s definitely saying something about Jun doing something sort of surprising, I guess, as well as Shinichiro choosing who to dance for or what lolz.

• March 19, 2008 at 12:42 pmyahiko

Sailor Enlil
    I don’t get it

• March 19, 2008 at 12:47 pmyahiko

Why would Noe say I want to face you properly? That’s something Shinichiro would say to a girl. Who does he want to face properly? And who does he want to believe in?

• March 19, 2008 at 1:58 pmyahiko

Okay. Shinichiro is realizing his feelings for Noe slowly but surely and does not even realize it due to him only thinking of Hiromi. He says he hasn’t done anything properly and he’s right he has not consoled in Noe about anything,and Noe is not confused because she knows or think she does where Shinichiro’s heart belong to. Hiromi said that she like Jun out of all they guys,she so happen to pick Jun, Noe’s brother. To me she is the one that brought Jun into her life and brought Shinichiro closer to Noe. It’s good in a way for Shin x Noe but not good for Hiromi. Things that Hiromi do out of jealousy or have done wrong:
    1. She wanted to be friends with Noe, which is was lie
    2. Lied saying that she likes Jun
    3. Said those horrible things to Noe about using her smile to get Shinichiro
    4. Got angry at Shinichiro’s mother and ran off to Jun
    5. Begged Jun to ride on his bike knowing the consequences if they ride in the snow.

After finding out that her and Shinichiro are not siblings and that Shin’s mother is finally accepting her into the family, she decides to kick Jun to the curve and make a move on Shinichiro knowing that he suppose to be dating Noe. I’m not saying all of this is her fault but she can at least handle her problems in a more mature way. Jun and Shinichiro can make their own decisions on what they could have done and what they still can do. That’s why I say it’s not really hiromi fault. And now to Noe, from episode 1 to the most recent episode 11, I have not seen not once did Noe think of only herself. She may act a little weird but at least she is mature enough to speak the truth of people and how they are and not beat around the bush on anything. You never saw her get jealous of Hiromi or said anything out of the ordinary either. The only thing that bothers and frustrates her is that she feels left out and wants to understand what’s going on, especially with Shinichiro. I know she felt mislead and hurting inside because Shinichiro said that he likes her and she really believes in Shinichiro. Even now she see’s where his heart is, but she still believes in him. Her words were, ” Shinichiro you can fly and you just don’t it, but the place where you can fly isn’t here”. That brought tears in my eyes when I saw that episode. Everyone has their own opinions about each character and I my own opinion says that Shinichiro really need to understand his true feelings and come up with a solution before it’s too late.

• March 19, 2008 at 2:51 pmMIke

It just reminded me when Noe asked Shinichiro to look at her straight and say the confession properly ;D but yeah, it’s also probable that Shinichiro says it to someone, a girl namely. I’d respect that you like Noe, but I do hope you avoid making direct flames and comparisons against hiromi ^-~; Your hias against her is clearly showing lolz.

• March 19, 2008 at 5:57 pmyahiko

Mike
    If you say so. Thank you

• March 19, 2008 at 6:24 pmOniichan

OK I have to admit I really Liked Noe until this episode. I thought she was really cool and quirky, but now Hiromi all the way. How she was portrayed this episode made her seem like the sweetest cutest character who has a personality! Still very girl next door but hell it’s working for me. I also loved how she does not want any contact from Noe’s brother, and damn she was to the point about it. What I find interesting is that all of a sudden in this episode she is wearing glasses, are they trying to get her moe points up? Anyway I really hope it does turn out to be a Hiromi X Shinichiro ending.

• March 19, 2008 at 8:40 pmBlissmo

“An appearance that tries to be independent of a beloved younger sister is eye difference of the elder brother who has been watching it adorable. Purity that keeps being suffered to feelings in which control is not effective.”

Does this mean it’s official that Jun likes Noe more than a sister yet?

• March 19, 2008 at 9:13 pmRicaryx

Soon enough, Jun and Noe are going to be revealed as not blood-related. Believe it. ;)

• March 20, 2008 at 12:02 amMIke

Ricaryx, sounds a bit crazy.. but for some odd reason, I feel it’s a twist the producers may really want to do xD;;; 3 more days…. (the last episode actually falls on my birthday, such a nice gift=D)

• March 21, 2008 at 6:41 pmsomeone

i thought that jun already knew that he didnt like hiromi… i thought he was just fake hooking up with her just for noe’s sake… huh… i didnt even know that he was trying to like her… or anything like that… ugh, im an idiot.

• March 22, 2008 at 8:43 amMyra

Tch. I’d prefer Shin ends up with Noe, seriously.

Don’t get me wrong.. I do like Hiromi. I just don’t think she’s suitable FOR Shinichiro. Somehow only Shinichiro seems to be able to relate himself with Noe and how she sees things. The understanding is there.

I don’t know. I just like Shin and Noe together.

• March 22, 2008 at 9:05 amgranny_lover

Shin is an artist. He look for inspiration everywhere. Noe is just one of his inspiration. Artists get their inspiration everywhere, from people, from places, from nature, from events and happenings.

Look at genius like Beethoven or Mozart. They are able to compose nice melodies when they are still children, everyone praise them and say they are genius. Does their music end here? No, they develop their music further. Only when they are adults, they are able to create real masterpiece.

Noe is just like the children melodies of Beethoven and Mozart. She is one of many inspirations in an artist life, not a lover.

I see many Noe shippers viewing the person who give inspiration as very important, here’s a question for you:
    If Shin got his first memorable and significant inspiration from a fat 56 years old divorced granny instead of Noe, should he make the granny his lover?

• March 22, 2008 at 10:18 amMyra

granny_lover, I respect your point of view. But in my opinion Shin doesn’t only look at Noe ONLY as an inspiration. I think she deserves more than that.. at least I’m pretty sure Shin thinks her as one of the important people in his life, even if they don’t end up together. It could be as a close friend, or as a sister, either way I don’t think she’s just ‘one of his inspiration’.

Noe’s presence in his life did make him see things differently. Whether he realizes it or not, Noe has taught him a lot of things, even if those things seemed strange and odd at first. And as for that example you made, yes, I do see your point, but we all know what’s going on between Noe and Shin is not just because of his ‘first memorable and significant inspiration’ came from her. It’s what they share together and decided to continue (or pursue) after the first inspiration. Whether fans like it or not, they do share tender moments together that don’t only say ‘she’s just another one of many inspirations’.

• March 23, 2008 at 12:38 amMIke