Snapshots: Amatsuki »« Snapshots: Itazura na Kiss

Kamen no Maid Guy – 01

OP Sequence

Kamen no Maid Guy   OP   01 Kamen no Maid Guy   OP   02 Kamen no Maid Guy   OP   03
Kamen no Maid Guy   OP   04 Kamen no Maid Guy   OP   05 Kamen no Maid Guy   OP   06

OP: 「Special Life!」 by KOTOKO
Watch the OP! Mirror 1, Mirror 2

Kamen no Maid Guy   01   01 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   02 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   03
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   04 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   05 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   06
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   07 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   08 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   09
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   10 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   11 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   12
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   13 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   14 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   15
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   16 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   17 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   18
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   19 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   20 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   21
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   22 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   23 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   24
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   25 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   26 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   27
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   28 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   29 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   30
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   31 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   32 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   33
Kamen no Maid Guy   01   34 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   35 Kamen no Maid Guy   01   36

ED Sequence

Kamen no Maid Guy   ED   01 Kamen no Maid Guy   ED   02 Kamen no Maid Guy   ED   03

ED: 「ワクガイ!!」 (Wakugai!!) by 福山芳樹 (Fukuyama Yoshiki)
Watch the ED!: Mirror 1, Mirror 2
The way the OP started threw me off a bit, so I almost didn’t recognize that it was KOTOKO singing the song. In any case, I didn’t think it was particularly good after a few listens, though maybe it’ll grow on me like Shana’s second OP did. The ED, on the other hand, just doesn’t appeal to me at all.

-If you couldn’t tell by the title, the masked maid Kogarashi is the star of this show, and he’s hilarious to watch (see: him ripping Naeka’s shirt off to check her bra or him putting a shower head between her breasts and turning it on while she’s sleeping). The rest of the show just takes a backseat to him, and I look forward to seeing him go after some characters other than Naeka.
-Having said that though, I’m still trying to decide what to follow on Saturdays, and since I’ve read some of the manga, this didn’t wow me too much (though I did laugh).
つづく

April 5, 2008 at 5:30 pm
  • April 5, 2008 at 5:32 pmNato

oh interesante…..

• April 5, 2008 at 5:33 pmSteven Den Beste

Do they think they gave that girl a big enough chest? And am I the only one who thinks that when this comes out on DVD that there will be a lot less fog in the shower scenes? Sheesh.

• April 5, 2008 at 5:46 pmSarukah

I am so freaking sick of perverted comedy, its really not funny at all.

• April 5, 2008 at 5:59 pmBROOKLYN otaku

HAHAHAHAHAHA what a zinger!

• April 5, 2008 at 6:02 pmramiel_salbazier

WTF… looks funny indeed

• April 5, 2008 at 6:08 pmasdas

funny if you likr cross dreessing guys in maid’s outfits

HAYO

• April 5, 2008 at 6:09 pmbearzerger

well, this is the third fanservice series this season. I’ll wait for subs until I decide whether I’m going to get my dosage with this or Kanokon.

• April 5, 2008 at 6:11 pmSensei-kun

well, I won’t say no to perverted comedy, but I’m not saying no to alot of things, so this also goes on the watching list xD

• April 5, 2008 at 6:22 pmtokko

Wahhhh another freak and crazy series, I goona love it :D

• April 5, 2008 at 6:45 pmWindspirit

Where the fuck are the tits ??!

• April 5, 2008 at 7:02 pmstrawberryheaven

I gottta watch this show for laughs and the maid guy. XD

• April 5, 2008 at 7:07 pmSadmask

This anime looks GAR.

ROFL

• April 5, 2008 at 7:12 pmCherubium

……….

I feel sorry for Naeka.

• April 5, 2008 at 7:53 pmEdZ

@bearzerger
    This looks more like KimiAru-style ‘have some fanservice with your comedy’ than Kanaokon or ToLoveRu’s ‘have some fanservice with your fanservice, with an extra topping of fanservice’.

• April 5, 2008 at 10:19 pmnoname

me too…feel sorry for that poor girl…

• April 5, 2008 at 10:45 pmvexx

@Sarukah: you’re giving him too much credit by assuming he’s capable of “thinking” :)

There’s good fanservice and then there’s “stupid bathroom wall graffiti” fanservice…. but it is going to depend on how Naeka reacts to this clinically batshit insane maid as to whether this becomes funny or not. If it is just rinse/recycle/repeat of “lets abuse the women for laughs” then yeah… its a loss.

• April 5, 2008 at 11:15 pmededdeddy

Meet the Maid Guy from hell and that funny

• April 6, 2008 at 12:00 amSarukah

@vexx

Hahaha, thanks :)
    And yeah, I agree on what you say there.

• April 6, 2008 at 12:36 ammysterious

the manga is hilarious as seto no hanayome for me. Hope the anime can follow the foot step and not srew thing up.

• April 6, 2008 at 1:51 amJayars

3rd fanservice-y anime this season. However, the production quality felt a lot lower compared to Kanokon and To-Love-Ru. Plus, the character designs looked kinda poor. PLUS, some parts felt really long and dragged out… PLUS, there were some really poorly chosen bgm for certain scenes.

But on the other hand, I actually laughed out loud several times while watching this (The other 2 series just made me chuckle. Small haha at best). Shower head between boobs to wake someone up… now that’s hilarious. Wonder where he’ll stick the shower head next time to wake her up… or if it’ll even be a shower head… HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Absolutely hilarious.

Hopefully the funny bits will continue to come, and perhaps a boost in production quality.

• April 6, 2008 at 1:57 amNewprimus

I’ve seen this only as brief pages from the manga posted on an image board. So this is the legendary

• April 6, 2008 at 4:58 amLithium17

I’ve not read the manga (though I’ve heard it’s pretty good) so I’ll definately be watching this.

Thanx for the screencaps, Omni….Hope you’re feeling better.

• April 6, 2008 at 5:14 amGil

Horrible artwork.

• April 6, 2008 at 8:27 amKoji

Can we stop now? This is to comment on the anime, not to comment on each other. If you insist on throwing insults back and forth, get on an instant messenger service so I don’t have to have a headache reading them.

This series caught me off guard. It wasn’t so much random humor (like say, Zetsubou sensei) but wtf humor. I’m not sure if I was laughing a good portion time because I genuinely found it funny, or if I was just kind of nervous laughing because I didn’t know how else to react.

That said, I did laugh quite a bit for whichever reason so I’ll probably be giving this series at least another episode or two.

• April 6, 2008 at 2:43 pmmysterious

The maid with her dark brutal side and her smile just pure gold for me lol. A refrshing after watching too much clumsy maids (not that i dislike them tho).

ps.everyone just left the poor guy along pls, some illnesses are uncureable. :(

• April 6, 2008 at 9:01 pmBAKABAKASHI

this seaseon is fun service fest huh… rejoice for all ecchi maniac….

• April 7, 2008 at 1:49 amvexx

So far I’m mixed on the series…. it’s basically a ribald comedy. Perhaps it will try to get a bit deeper later.

• April 7, 2008 at 9:49 amKinny Riddle

This Maid Guy feels like a twisted version of Hakuoro from Utawarerumono, and his insane twisted-ness sure is made of pure laughter. I would’ve shrugged at the perverted humour in most other fanservice shows , but Maid Guy takes this comedy to another level by feeling absolutely no shame on what he’s doing. Time will tell if it can get better.

• April 10, 2008 at 8:16 amMatroid

O-Inari-sama has a combatant house maid (Kou). Kamen no Maid has two (even though one of them may not count because he? is more like D-ko from Project A-ko). KimiAru from the previous season has even more. I just don’t understand why Japanese are fascinated about house service workers.

• April 12, 2008 at 11:15 amShouou

Wow its a really funny anime. love it already

• April 12, 2008 at 12:44 pmklinc

@matroid
    maybe its a new theme???

• April 13, 2008 at 9:07 pmSailor Enlil

Hey Omni you gonna continue blogging this? Ep 2 is even more hilarious

• April 13, 2008 at 11:57 pmFat Nakago

This show was absolutely feakin hilarious!!

I mean, how could it NOT be funny.

If y’all thought Mako-cakes was broken….Maid Guy takes broken to a whole new level.

• May 13, 2008 at 10:02 amSnooSnoo

I was wondering where did you get your copy of Episode 1. Because the one on CrunchyRoll and Veoh both do not have that mist which covers Naeka in this screencap http://randomc.net/image/Kamen%20no%20Maid%20Guy/Kamen%20no%20Maid%20Guy%20-%2001%20-%20Large%2005.jpg

• May 14, 2008 at 12:27 pmchrno2

As much as I’ve been trying to steer clear of shows like this, I actually found this show t be my guilty pleasure. I still have to watch more. Why does this sort of remind you of a twisted beauty and the beast?

• June 17, 2008 at 2:35 pmwatanabe

just came across this on tv at 3 in the morning. had nothing better to do since I’m on summer vacation, so ya I was just going through some local channels, and this was actually pretty funny. the idea of the boobs club and all. not bad at all.

a japanese girl thought it was pretty funny. come on. give it a try :)