Allison & Lillia – 04 »« Snapshots: Allison & Lillia

Allison & Lillia – 03

Allison & Lillia   03   01 Allison & Lillia   03   02 Allison & Lillia   03   03
Allison & Lillia   03   04 Allison & Lillia   03   05 Allison & Lillia   03   06
Allison & Lillia   03   07 Allison & Lillia   03   08 Allison & Lillia   03   09
Allison & Lillia   03   10 Allison & Lillia   03   11 Allison & Lillia   03   12
Allison & Lillia   03   13 Allison & Lillia   03   14 Allison & Lillia   03   15
Allison & Lillia   03   16 Allison & Lillia   03   17 Allison & Lillia   03   18
Allison & Lillia   03   19 Allison & Lillia   03   20 Allison & Lillia   03   21
Allison & Lillia   03   22 Allison & Lillia   03   23 Allison & Lillia   03   24
Allison & Lillia   03   25 Allison & Lillia   03   26 Allison & Lillia   03   27
Allison & Lillia   03   28 Allison & Lillia   03   29 Allison & Lillia   03   30
Allison & Lillia   03   31 Allison & Lillia   03   32 Allison & Lillia   03   33

「ワルターの戦い」 (Warutaa no Tatakai)
“Walter’s Fight”

In this episode, we find Allison and Wil infiltrating the Sou Beil military base in search of Walter. With the uniforms they received from Radia last episode, the two of them are able to easily slip into the base and find Walter, a suspected spy, holed up in a prison cell. During their attempt to free him, the two run into Carl Benedict, who turns out to be the “Lt. Love Letter” Allison met in a joint military exercise before. Having caught them trespassing, Benedict intended to let international law decide their fate, but Walter soon breaks out of his jail cell. During the commotion, Allison and Wil also escape.

The three of them eventually meet up in the underground passage and make their way to the hanger. During their escape, Walter tells the two about the location of the treasure that’s supposed to end the war between the two countries. At the hanger, Allison and Wil hijack a plane while Walter holds off the ensuing soldiers. The two manage to take off safely, but Walter ends up getting shot from behind. Realizing that Walter sacrificed his life for them, Allison and Wil swear to find the treasure that’ll end the fighting.

Next episode we see Benedict giving chase in an attempt to stop our protagonists from reaching the border. Benedict was instructed to stop them at all costs in fear that they may have gotten away with classified information. Unbeknownst to Benedict though, Captain Graz has been authorized to kill him if he does anything suspicious.

Next Episode:
「二人のいる世界」 (Futari no Iru Sekai)
“The World with the Two of Them”

Allison & Lillia   03   Preview 01 Allison & Lillia   03   Preview 02 Allison & Lillia   03   Preview 03

After three episodes, I’m gradually starting to get into the story of Allison & Lillia. After watching the first episode three weeks ago, I was uncertain on whether or not I wanted to continue following the series. Even now, I’m still a bit unsure of how this series will turn out, but given that the novels were written by the critically-acclaimed Sigsawa Keiichi (時雨沢 恵一), creator of the very successful Kino no Tabi, I plan to give this series a chance to show me some grand storytelling. (Note: I have yet to watch Kino no Tabi, but after hearing about how good it’s supposed to be, I’ve marked it down as a series to see.)

As some other people have already noted, the animation production isn’t the selling point of this show. If I had to make a comparison, I would probably say it’s reminiscent to the anime style seen in the mid 1990s. For a “somewhat” older anime fan such as myself, I have no qualms with this type of production and can appreciate it for what it is. Younger generation anime fans might be turned away by it, so to those of you out there, I encourage watching anime with an open mind. (We didn’t always have spectacularly looking shows like Macross Frontier you know!) If what I’ve been hearing is true, then it’s the story of Allison & Lillia that we should be drawn to anyway.

As for the episode itself, I would probably describe Walter’s sacrifice as valiant. Being a former soldier himself, the old man definitely showed us that he can still hold his own. Story-wise, his death can probably be seen as the pivotal reason behind Allison and Wil’s determination to find this treasure. As for what exactly the treasure is, I’m still eager to find out for myself.

Cast:
- Allison (アリソン) / Mizuki Nana (水樹 奈々)
- Wil (ヴィル) / Kumai Motoko (くまい まとこ)
- Benedict (ベネディクト) / Yamadera Kouichi (山寺 宏一)
- Walter (ワルター) / Kayumi Iemasu (家弓 家正)
- Captain Graz (グラツ大尉) / Hashi Takaya (土師 孝也)
- Colonel Noto (ノト大佐) / Miyazawa Tadashi (宮澤 正)
- Lt. Colonel Leeg (レーグ中佐) / Horikawa Jin (堀川 仁)
- Rune (ルネ) / Kobayashi Yuu (小林 ゆう)
- Female administrative officer (女性事務官) / Oomura Kanako (大村 香奈子)
- Soldiers (兵士達) / Konno Jun (金野 潤)
- Soldiers (兵士達) / Nishina Youhei (仁科 洋平)
- Soldiers (兵士達) / Densaka Tsutomu (伝坂 勉)

April 18, 2008 at 7:47 pm
  • April 18, 2008 at 7:54 pmstenzor

looks good :D i’ll watch it as soon as it gets subbed

• April 18, 2008 at 8:12 pmAsPHERE

So Allison went to help the old guy but get help instead…..and now he died?
    Love this show anyway.

• April 18, 2008 at 8:26 pmbakaneko

What did you expect? The old guy becomes the main character?

• April 18, 2008 at 8:29 pmThe_Worlds_Best_Anime_Fan_Freak

@Divine:

Keep up the good work, don’t give up yet. You Blog and Upload pictures really fast, your so awsome i think your the best guy a friend can have. Divine can you please tell me what this anime is about? ^_^

• April 18, 2008 at 9:12 pmjunk

Congratulations. You can transcribe Animenfo. A winner is you.

• April 18, 2008 at 9:38 pmGod~knows~

I don’t think screenshots can properly convey this anime in a just way befitting its nature.Its not the best animation-wise,not the best action wise but I just love it for some reason.

• April 18, 2008 at 11:00 pmAsPHERE

@bakaneko
    I didn’t expect anything I just thought that the old guy might live longer to see the treasure that can stop war that’s all.

• April 19, 2008 at 12:39 amKiltMaster

lol for a sec there I thought you were gonna say
    “(We didn’t always have spectacularly looking shows like Macross Frontier you know! You whippersnappers)”

• April 19, 2008 at 12:54 amJoeDX

I enjoyed Kino no Tabi, so I’ll definitely watch this sometime in the future.

• April 19, 2008 at 2:08 amramiel_salbazier

It doesn’t look that bad (the animation). I like it better than Kure-nai

• April 19, 2008 at 2:32 amdivine

@ramiel_salbazier:
    Yeah, I never intended to say the animation was bad by any means, so I hope I didn’t come off that way. It’s just different, much like kurenai’s. Naturally, everyone has their own preferences when it comes to styles.

“One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure.”

(Don’t read too much into the garbage part here…)

• April 19, 2008 at 2:45 amkeywin

i like this anime… the characters are interesting and as a whole, it gives me a tintin-kinda feeling

• April 19, 2008 at 3:31 ammutio

Superb work Divine :)

I really like this anime, one of the 4 shows I’m watching this season. Reminds me a bit of Last Exile: Air fights, search for a treasure, even the art reminds me a bit of it (although Last Exile is due Range Murata’s work good bit better).
    I also find the animation style kinda relaxing. With all these effects and super dupa animation blah it’s just good to see something more old-style again.
    Kino no Tabi looks interesting as well, will take a look.

• April 19, 2008 at 7:34 amLevy

great work Divine!

• April 19, 2008 at 1:05 pmtonbo

lots of effort in this NHK production… i’ll follow it till the finale.
    never knew a good story like this existed.
    i like the mid-episode eye-catch … (kinda miss the Nyan~Nyan~ one frm MacrossF ep.01)

lots to cover as we go along each week, but well said, Divine – Macross Frontier, Tower of Druaga are more the exception than the norm… and it took alot of determination for the Japanese to refuse to let them mercenary Koreans get the better of them production/budget-wise (see Shadow Chronicles on wiki).

• April 22, 2008 at 2:30 amEleutheria

In the book, the old man committed suicide with a pistol after watching the plane soar into the sky.

• April 22, 2008 at 4:46 amEleutheria

An addendum, as to why Walter should have suicided instead of going down in a blaze of glory shooting:

• April 22, 2008 at 4:46 amEleutheria

Hmm, I put spoiler tags around that comment, but they did not work.

• May 10, 2008 at 4:08 amno-chan~

I quite like this series so I just want to thank Divine for taking hsi time to blog it. =]