Kanokon – 04
「脱げなくなっちゃった？」 (Nugenaku Nacchatta?)
“Can’t Take It Off Anymore?”
Episode at a Glance:
In an ongoing competition with Nozomu to win Kouta’s affection, Chizuru goes through a bunch of sealed items and puts on a bunny girl suit, only to find out that she can’t take it off because it’s cursed. As it turns out, this bunny girl suit was created by a Jurougumo youkai in the past, who is now trying to use Chizuru’s body / life force in order to revive herself. Before long, the bunny girl suit takes control and starts running havoc through the school, transforming students’ clothes along the way. Tayura and Omi attempt to intervene at this point, but Omi’s wind attacks leave a group of girls naked, which turns out to be too much for them to handle. In the end, Chizuru kisses Kouta, fuses with his body to escape the cursed suit, and together they unleash a Genki Dama-like attack to take out the Jorougumo.
「ダメになっちゃう？」 (Dame ni Nacchau?)
“Became No Good?”
While this episode goes straight for the fan-service again, it didn’t quite have the ecchiness of the oshiri pen pen (i.e. spanking) seen last week. Regardless, it did have a fair amount of humorous scenes if you enjoy seeing Akane cosplaying against her will or Omi drowning in his own sea of blood. Nozomu was equally as hilarious when she capitalized on a down and out Kouta by straddling over his face. On another note, the attack used by Kouta/Chizuru near the end instantly made me think of Dragon Ball Z, hence the Genki Dama (“Spirit Ball”, a.k.a. “Spirit Bomb” in the English dub) reference above. Also, they showed Nozomu’s brother, Ezomori Saku, at the end of the episode again, so he’s bound to make his appearance sooner or later. Other than that, there’s not too much else to say about this episode, so we’ll just have to wait and see what (or who) “became no good” next episode.
On a related note, the PVs for the OP/ED songs came out last week, so I’ve uploaded them for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to check out high quality streams of Miyazaki Ui’s PHOSPHOR here and Sakakibara Yui’s Koi no Honoo (恋の炎) here.
- Oyamada Kouta (小山田 耕太) / Noto Mamiko (能登 麻美子)
- Minamoto Chizuru (源 ちずる) / Kawasumi Ayako (川澄 綾子)
- Ezomori Nozomu (犹守 望) / Takeuchi Miyuu (竹内 美優)
- Asahina Akane (比奈 あかね) / Saito Chiwa (斎藤 千和)
- Minamoto Tayura (源 たゆら) / Toyonaga Toshiyuki (豊永 利行)
- Sasamori Yuuki (佐々森 ユウキ) / Seto Saori (世戸 さおり)
- Takana Kiriko (高菜 キリコ) / Miyazaki Ui (宮崎 羽衣)
- Kiriyama Omi (桐山 臣) / Kondou Takashi (近藤 隆)
- Osakabe Mio (長ヶ部 澪) / Itsuki Yui (伊月 ゆい)
- Sahara Iku (砂原 幾) / Shitaya Noriko (下屋 則子)
- Yatsuka Takao (八束 たかお) / Matsuyama Takashi (松山 鷹志)
- Male student (男子生徒) / Takahashi Kenji (高橋 研二)
- Male student (男子生徒) / Nakanishi Hideki (中西 英樹)
- Jorougumo (絡新婦) / Kasahara Rumi (笠原 留美)