Macross Frontier – 08 »« Macross Frontier – 06

Macross Frontier – 07

Macross Frontier   07   01 Macross Frontier   07   02 Macross Frontier   07   03
Macross Frontier   07   04 Macross Frontier   07   05 Macross Frontier   07   06
Macross Frontier   07   07 Macross Frontier   07   08 Macross Frontier   07   09
Macross Frontier   07   10 Macross Frontier   07   11 Macross Frontier   07   12
Macross Frontier   07   13 Macross Frontier   07   14 Macross Frontier   07   15
Macross Frontier   07   16 Macross Frontier   07   17 Macross Frontier   07   18
Macross Frontier   07   19 Macross Frontier   07   20 Macross Frontier   07   21
Macross Frontier   07   22 Macross Frontier   07   23 Macross Frontier   07   24
Macross Frontier   07   25 Macross Frontier   07   26 Macross Frontier   07   27
Macross Frontier   07   28 Macross Frontier   07   29 Macross Frontier   07   30
Macross Frontier   07   31 Macross Frontier   07   32 Macross Frontier   07   33
Macross Frontier   07   34 Macross Frontier   07   35 Macross Frontier   07   36
Macross Frontier   07   37 Macross Frontier   07   38 Macross Frontier   07   39

Summary:

While Sheryl is holding her goodbye concert, the Macross Frontier fleet arrives on the battlefield with the mission of rescuing the surviving ships and collecting data on the Vajra. The SMS pilots quickly launch into battle, and despite Ozma wanting him to stay back, Alto is ready to engage. As the pilots split up, Kuran Kuran jokingly tells Mikhail not to cry again if he doesn’t see her, and Mikhail gets angry that she’s bringing up things from their childhood again. Nevertheless, he takes his VF-25 into a sniper position behind an asteroid and starts calmly picking off the incoming Vajra. Ozma meanwhile unleashes a volley of missiles, and Kanaria lands on the deck of one of the ships in her König Monster’s GERWALK mode and opens fire with all cannons. Back on the Macross Frontier, Sheryl heads backstage to change outfits between songs and gets an update on the battle from Grace. As Sheryl watches the video feed, Grace comments on how Sheryl’s favorite pilot is doing his best too. This causes Sheryl to blush and assert that she was actually worried about the Macross Galaxy. She also believes that if it’s a pilot’s job to fight, then it’s her job to sing. By now, Ranka has made her way into the concert hall and finds Alto’s seat empty. Right as she’s wondering where he is, she gets a message from her brother saying that he can’t come home today because he has work. She realizes that this means he’s out flying in battle and that Alto is too.

As the fight rages on, a huge Vajra ship suddenly defolds and opens fire with its main cannon, annihilating one of the human ships. Luca tries to get closer so that he can analyze it, but he gets caught in the process by a Vajra, and his VF-25 is thrown into the mouth of the giant ship. The concert meanwhile nears its end, and Sheryl addresses the crowd to talk about how she’ll remember this. She then starts crying and is at a loss of words until she hears Ranka call out to her. After seeing Ranka in the crowd, Sheryl decides to tell the audience that she wants to sing her last song for the people who are risking their lives in a far away place right now. This makes Ranka realize that Sheryl knows what’s going on, and she feels like Sheryl is talking directly to her when Sheryl says that she wants to sing together. Ranka thus sings along as Sheryl begins her final song, Infinity. Back at the battle, Alto charges towards the Vajra ship to try to save Luca and manages to enter it through a hole he blew in the ship’s armor. He makes his way down a tunnel and eventually finds Luca’s VF-25 being held in a tangle of tentacles. Before he can do anything though, Alto is attacked by two smaller Vajra, and though he manages to destroy one, the other grabs onto his Valkyrie’s cockpit. During the ensuing struggle, Alto suddenly starts to hear Sheryl and Ranka’s singing, and this motivates him to push forward and destroy the Vajra, though he loses his VF-25 in the process.

Before his Valkyrie explodes, Alto ejects in his EX-Gear and connects it to Luca’s VF-25 so that he can remotely control it. He attempts to free it from the tentacles holding it, but he’s stopped by a rifle shot from a mysterious magenta-colored Valkyrie that was also inside the Vajra ship. Moments later, the mouth of the ship opens up, and the transforming Macross Quarter rushes towards it. The Macross Quarter holds the mouth open long enough for Alto and Luca to escape, and it then charges up and fires the Macross Cannon directly into the Vajra ship. This succeeds in completely destroying the enemy and effectively ends the battle. In the aftermath, Alto thinks about the magenta-colored Valkyrie and how it had quickly flown away before the Macross Cannon was fired. At that moment, that very Valkyrie is traveling via space fold, and its pilot begins playing Aimo on his harmonica.

Macross Frontier   07   Preview 01 Macross Frontier   07   Preview 02 Macross Frontier   07   Preview 03

An entire episode filled with music accompanying a major battle was like sensory overload for me. Granted, they did use reuse some concert footage in the beginning when Sheryl was singing Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don’t be late, but that didn’t keep the rest of the episode from being amazing. I loved the entire latter part with Ranka and Sheryl singing (the new song) Infinity together while the Macross Quarter transformed and kicked some ass with the Macross Cannon. Infinity actually sounds really familiar to me, but I can’t quite put my finger on what it reminds me of.

On the topic of that song, the new character (Brera Stern according to the credits) seemed to react to it, and though that isn’t really a shocker given how music plays such an integral part in Macross, I was a little surprised that he wasn’t a bad guy since his character design makes him look like he could be. Or rather, I should say that it’s still hard to say what his intentions were. When Alto was trying to free Luca, Brera’s Valkyrie appeared to shoot Luca’s Valkyrie’s rifle, and though I’ve rewatched the scene several times now, I still can’t tell whether that was to help free them or for some other reason. The fact that he also knows Aimo means that he’s likely linked to Ranka’s past, and that just makes him even more suspicious to me.

What really surprised me though is the fact that Alto has already lost his VF-25, and maybe the earring with it. The earring seems too key to disappear after just one major outing, but I didn’t see any indication that Alto grabbed it when he ejected. I imagine neither Sheryl nor Ozma are gonna be happy with him come next week. Speaking of which, the preview hints that next week will be about Ranka transferring in to Alto’s school, and it looks like Sheryl will show up too. The character designs look off in the preview, but since they probably spent a good part of the budget making this week’s episode great, I can understand why there’d be a dip in quality.

May 15, 2008 at 6:00 pm
  • May 16, 2008 at 4:53 pmtonbo

pls refrain frm spoilers

Misa ‘the obasan’ was it man, frm SDF Macross ep-01… the tsundere of my dreams…

Macross is not meant to be a serious,by-the-book, war show… considering its Japan, where WWII and nukes are taboo … where specialised trams are set aside for survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear attacks and where no one mixes with them… still. thus we have reactive weaponry (reflex? weaponry in Robotxch). or at least it was in 1982.

• May 16, 2008 at 5:34 pmWestlo

ani_d what did you think of Hiromi’s first impression ;) I wouldn’t exactly say ignoring Shin and continuing to type on a computer is the equivalent of a big first impression ;)

And even though I loved it (since I’m a massive Misa fan) Hikura and Misa felt tacked on in the original series when it started to happen… I honestly can’t say it felt like she was going to be in a triangle with Minmei and Hikaru… until much later on.. you going into the series knowing that is obviously looking at things differently.

I really don’t care about any other anime work apart from Shoji Kawamori’s works and Sheryl wins based off that. You mention the story and once again Sheryl will win off that since there’s no way that Kawamori will make Ranka play the key part against the Varja as well as being connected to this 3rd faction (Brera/vf27) and win Princess. There is no balance in that.

Also you mention official art being an indicator to who pairs up.. I’m pretty sure Minmei and Hikaru official art would have completely dominated everything else back in the day.. as for Frontier the majority of spreads in newtype and other magazines features all 3 characters, just like the dvd covers, or it’s Sheryl and Ranka like the OST cover and the pizza hut box. I hope you’re not confusing fan art with official art :\

“On another note, I didn’t know Alto bought ANOTHER ticket for Ranka. I thought the ticket he gave her was the one Sheryl gave her. Nice princess.”

Or maybe Sheryl sent him two tickets… because it would be kind of hard to get a near the front row tciket and than buy the seat next to you the day after in a packed concert.

• May 16, 2008 at 7:22 pmHaesslich

Tonbo: He may not have been on the Galaxy, but he DID say that Island 1/Main Island had been taken by the Vajra… so I think that the main city-ship is gone. The escort frigates or cruisers MAY have survived, but to judge from the shots in Episode 6… they didn’t. Which means that the Galaxy homeship may well be wiped out, or at least has been Borged by the Vajra.

I think the glowing belly may have perhaps been her phone? Of course, I could be totally delusional… :D

• May 16, 2008 at 7:29 pmWestlo

Btw ani_d you haven’t seen the Deculture version of the first episode have you? I mean after your paragraph about first impressions I wouldn’t think you would have posted that if you saw Deculture and saw that Sheryl was the first to give an impression to the audience.

Not to mention there’s a massive poster of her in the entire first scene of Ranka…

The first dvd/blueray will have the Deculture edition as well as the true 32 minute first episode which will have Sheryl shown first.

What say you now ;)

• May 16, 2008 at 8:13 pmaudishah

@ani_d,westlo,

i agree with ani_d abt the first impressions stuffs.i believe that it’s logical for the creators to manipulate the audience’s/our feelings(?) to keep us glued to the show.everyone does that,rite? and i admit that my first impressions are what kept me waving for alto x ranka. now, first impressions are very subjective. different first-things attract different people; so yeah, lets just leave evryone be with what impressed them first and foremost.appearing first on-screen or having a big poster doesnt mean they mean more than having talk to the hero first or got saved by the hero first or what. it’s just how people perceived the scenes rite?^^

and because most people here (i believe) have prepare themselves with the possibilities that sheryl couldnt possibily be such a b****, or ranka couldnt possibily be such a cute,adorable characters all d time, that’s how we always provide some space for character development and still be able to cheer for them.

well,maybe alto might turn to be not so hero-ic after all?hehe^^

so lets go on wth ep8 next week!!i want more action!!more mechaaa!!~~~as long as there is VFs around i’ll be happy!!^^

• May 16, 2008 at 8:24 pmWestlo

“appearing first on-screen or having a big poster doesnt mean they mean more than having talk to the hero first or got saved by the hero first or what. it’s just how people perceived the scenes rite?”

I agree, I’m using ani_d’s logic for that “first impressions” argument because somehow Misa yelling at Hikaru means more because it’s the first impression as opposed Hikaru saving Minmei in episode 2 and than what happened in episode 3. Best way to defuse someones argument is to use it back at them! Also if you wanted to get technical Alto saved Sheryl first though falling a long distance due to something stupid he did is obviously completely different than getting killed by a Varja.

• May 16, 2008 at 8:30 pmKokoro

Regarding the glow we saw under Ranka’s dress….

I think the glow was from an implant inside of Ranka.

As we are aware, implants are illegal in Frontier. Illegal to have implanted on Frontier, but not illegal to possess if the implantation was done outside of Frontier. (Sheryl’s aid, for example, has an implant.)

Implants are legal in some other fleets, including Galaxy. We know that Ranka is not a Frontier native, so it is quite possible that she has an implant in her (It would explain her hair).

My guess is that the Vajra might be reacting to the implants, which is why they are attacking the predominantly implant-bearing Galaxy fleet, as well as seemingly reacting to Ranka.

Since we know that Macross 7 is canon (and a prequel to Macross Frontier), there has already been established the existance of “Song Energy”. My theory is that perhaps some implants react in a particular way when exposed to Song Energy… in a way that attracts the Vajra. Hence why Galaxy fleet (filled with alot of people with implants, some listening to and singing songs) got swarmed by Vajra. Hence why Vajra seem to react when (in lessor numbers) when Ranka sings.

Just my theory, anyways.

• May 16, 2008 at 8:35 pmKokoro

Oh yeah, and regarding Sheryl’s earrings….

I guess it is possible that perhaps some of the implant technology in my above theory could also be inside the earrings. Sheryl is from Galaxy fleet, after all, so there is implant tech all around.

Assuming that the earrings do have some of that implant-tech in it, and that the 2 earrings are a matched set, maybe Sound Energy transmitted from the earring Sheryl was wearing at her concert over to the matching earring in Alto’s cockpit. Hence, why Alto could hear singing. Also why the red valkyrie pilot also heard music…. music transmitted via the earrings.

Just a thought.

• May 16, 2008 at 9:05 pmtsuchiro

@kokoro: she is able to move her hair like that because she is 1/4 zentradi

• May 16, 2008 at 9:13 pmKokoro

But… I don’t recall other Zentradi being able to do that hair thing. Mylene and Miria never showed that ability.

Maybe Ranka is really bald and wears a Gubaba on her head?
    (just kidding)

Actually, having just rewatched episode 7 again, I think the glow under Ranka’s dress was her cellphone, as she did not have the cellphone on her shoulder anymore.

My guess now is that sparkling of the earring on Sheryl’s right ear was just a sparkle and nothing more.

As for the singing that Alto heard inside the Vajra ship… I now suspect that the music was playing inside the entire interior of the Vajra ship. Perhaps it was somehow sensing Ranka’s singing, even several light-years away.

• May 16, 2008 at 9:18 pmtsuchiro

klan klan can also do it too

• May 16, 2008 at 9:24 pmaudishah

@westlo,
    well if u count ‘saving’ is an in saving a girl from falling^^ yes2,alto saves all d girls.it’s the charm that they hv to give him.

i think i read smwhere that kawamori shoji mentioned sth abt zentradi has some special traits of their body and for ranka it was her hair?that her hair can move on its own or sth.

after re-watch the ep, i think it must an implant in ranka’s body!that would be a great twist.after this ep i think even sheryl might hv her connection to the vajra.

• May 16, 2008 at 10:21 pmani_d

lol westlo. So glad you do agree with my first impressions analysis. Yes, I DID watch the Deculture version first without favoring Either girl. I didn’t even expect this mecha show is romance at that time. But I don’t know what happened, it’s weird that somehow I, a neutral viewer, was drawn to Ranka’s character instead of Sheryl. Probably because Ranka’s appearance brightened the mood, had a very natural air around her that average teens can relate, had a very interesting (and funny to boot) encounter with Alto, and basically, she just had more screentime all in all. Both me and Alto found her interesting. All these happened in episode 1–deculture–btw. Misa had a whole episode all to herself before Minmay made her glorious entrance on EPISODE 2. Both Sheryl and Ranka were there on episode 1, but between the two, who did the audience love more? That’s what I meant about making first impressions. Obviously I’m not neutral now, but my point is…I was. ;)

Also, I’m just going to add. I have a feeling the girl who gets to love Alto more than the other will be the crowned winner. That’s another one of my observations from the so-called anime history haha IF Sheryl can beat Ranka in that department by the end of the show, then I’ll acknowledge her.

@Kokoro–If Ranka’s cellphone also can do a glow worm mode, then I want it all the more. Ranka’s glowing belly will definitely be answered on the future episodes. I think it’s an implant.

@audishah- Noone can defuse the power of our first impressions. ^_~ lmao

• May 16, 2008 at 10:41 pmani_d

Edit** @westlo- About Hiromi and True Tears. That was too obvious, but I was in denial because I was expecting for more. But now, I can honestly say Ranka has more chances than my poor Noe.

Lastly, here if you haven’t seen them yet. There’s more but I’m lazy. http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs126&d=08145&f=scan_6241.jpg
    I’m preeeetty sure I’m not confusing official arts and doujin arts.

• May 16, 2008 at 10:47 pmani_d

Lastly, here if you haven’t seen them yet. There’re more but I’m lazy. http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs126&d=08145&f=scan_6241.jpg
    I’m preeeetty sure I’m not confusing official arts and doujin arts.

• May 17, 2008 at 2:12 amlysianthus

ani_d: And you get things like this too:

Newtype scans don’t count, if they do, every yaoi pairing in any anime series will be canon.

What does matter is what are the similarities that the past heroines shared. It’s too early to call who’s the winner, but let’s take a look at the later episodes soon to see which pairing is the “Red herring”.

Westlo places his money on Sheryl the moment Brera enters the love triangle, I’ll place mine on Sheryl if Ozma ever dies. :-)

• May 17, 2008 at 4:31 amlanabear

I’m really not trying to pick sides or anything, but don’t you think that the writer wants to surprise his viewers, I mean there’s going to be some twist and turns so you can’t really base the winner of the LT over the opening or the other scripts from the old macross because all writers like to confuse their audience…. like shakespeare, that was what made him a good writer….

But i’m still going to stick with SherylXALto heh ^-^

• May 17, 2008 at 4:32 amlanabear

but yay SherylXALto heh ^-^

• May 17, 2008 at 6:31 amtsuchiro

oh god my eyes are already burning from next weeks preview

• May 17, 2008 at 8:53 amtonbo

the magazine pic just means Alto has got more than his handful to deal with.. heh

if you know Japanese, Macross Quarter’s captain did refer strongly to their mission being one of trying to save as many ships from the Vajira until they can move to clearer space from which to fold to safety, and also to ascertain Galaxy (flagship)’s current condition, not just stand around and watch as Kathy insists… this clearly means that the flagship’s whereabouts is currently …

me bad, VB-6 does have Battaloid-mode (the memory had been faint)

• May 17, 2008 at 9:36 amheruisheng

the series was disappointing up to ep3. The fighting is good but not as impressive as macross zero (well, it’s not an ova, so understandable). And story telling is bad. Especially ep3 where we had a not so moving funeral and lots of stupid debate about why they fly etc.(I just couldn’t bear it when the good old fashioned animations and J-dramas start to lecture about purpose of life). Now I have to say that ep7 really wins me back with all the fighting scene and the concert.It is good to see Sheryl becoming more human than a super star as well.

• May 17, 2008 at 11:02 amYukiruchan

@Kokoro
    I support both your Ranka has an implant and Sheryl’s earrings being connected to eachother theories. ^_^

It makes much better sense than Ranka’s voice being accidentally influential on Vajra or the magical power of music or something of the sort.

• May 17, 2008 at 11:44 amKokoro

Considering how they have talked about implants in practically each episode, including the intro to episode 7, I figure implants have to be an import part of the plot. So, the idea that the Vajra seem to react to said implants makes sense to me. Also would explain why Vajra react to Ranka, if she has implants as well.

Unless, of course, it is really a red herring. It is possible (though I don’t think it likely) that Ranka does not have implants, and that the Vajra are really attracted to Ranka’s cellphone instead (implant tech inside the phone, perhaps), which she always has with her. And when she sings, or her Sound Energy builds up, the phone starts transmitting…

• May 17, 2008 at 12:20 pmEdgie

herusheng- I believe an anime called “Pokemon” might be far more suited to your tastes.

• May 17, 2008 at 1:11 pmOrandajin

I just love this . how they seem to flirt with the first series by taking elements from it and also in character design ,feels refreshing now compared to other anime . i would like to see a higher character frame rate though , but well.. it is a series not a movie. hope they will make a movie too:P

• May 17, 2008 at 1:13 pmaudishah

hmm,if the singings are transmitted thru the earrings,it only means that alto only heard sheryl’s voice rite? bcoz ranka was just singing along from the seat.i feel like there are still some missing loops here!^^ sheryl’s role is definitely more than just a songstress.so there’s no more ‘the girl who saves the world couldnt possibily get the guy because it’ll be imbalanced’.hehe.at least that’s what i think^^

• May 17, 2008 at 1:15 pmaudishah

oh and to ani_d, first impressions rulez!!hehehe~~

• May 17, 2008 at 1:43 pmJT

Um, so does this mean that Sheryl’s earing is lost? cause i don’t think Alto grabbed it before ejecting, Sheryl would be pissed hahah

• May 17, 2008 at 11:05 pmSilverwolf X

I’m more impressed that there are so many complaints about animation quality when most of you don’t pay for this anyway. -.-;;

• May 17, 2008 at 11:31 pmsoloista

Some people are saying the VF-27 has a NUNS insignia on it.

• May 18, 2008 at 7:03 ammai

There is an NUNS logo:

Here’s the logo on Cathy’s uniform for reference:

• May 18, 2008 at 10:28 amKokoro

So, I have been watching the December 07 version of episode 1 repeatedly for the last hour, especially the CGI graphic of the various Macross colonization fleets departing from Earth. I noticed a few things (I was feeling particularly geeky this morning)…

1.) There are 2 different type of silhouettes representing each fleet, either a Megaroad shaped silhouette, or a New Macross clam-shell shaped silhouette.

2.) Fleets that departed Earth are:
    MEGAROAD-01 (SDF-002, Megaroad Class)
    MACROSS01 (NMCV-001, New Macross Class)
    MEGAROAD-02 (SDF-003, Megaroad Class)
    MEGAROAD-04 (SDF-004, Megaroad Class)
    MACROSS03 (NMCV-003, New Macross Class)
    MACROSS05 (NMCV-005, New Macross Class)
    MEGAROAD-06 (SDF-007, Megaroad Class)
    MACROSS07 (NMCV-007, New Macross Class)
    MEGAROAD-09 (SDF-010, Megaroad Class)
    MEGAROAD-13 (SDF-014, Megaroad Class)
    M-FRONTIER (NMCV-025, New Macross Class)

3.) MEGAROAD-04 colonized the planet Eden (featured in Macross Plus).

4.) The following colony fleets originated from Eden:
    MACROSS006 (NMCV-006, New Macross Class)
    MACROSS009 (NMCV-009, New Macross Class)
    MACROSS011 (NMCV-011, New Macross Class)
    MACROSS014 (NMCV-014, New Macross Class)
    MACROSS015 (NMCV-015, New Macross Class)
    MACROSS017 (NMCV-017, New Macross Class)
    MACROSS020 (NMCV-020, New Macross Class)
    M-GALAXY (NMCV-021, New Macross Class)
    MACROSS023 (NMCV-023, New Macross Class)

This may be why implants are illegal on Frontier, but not on Galaxy. Frontier has colonists from Earth, whereas Galaxy has colonists from Eden.

Perhaps the people who colonized Eden found that they needed the aid of implants in order to better adapt to the conditions of the foreign planet. As I recall, Eden was kind of a deserty, or at least the New Edwards base on Eden was.

Or, perhaps the whole Sharon Apple incident spooked people too much about implants, fearing that they may make them susceptible to mind control.

On a separate note…
    Rewatching episode 7 a few more times, the red valkyrie did shoot the Valkyrie rifle Alto was using to free himself. I think the red valkyrie fled due to the arrival of Macross Quarter. Had it now appeared, I suspect the red valkyrie would have finished off Alto.

I see a few possible scenarios.
    1.) The red valkyrie pilot did not recognize the VF-25, so he decided to disarm him. (Not likely, though in the Macross 7 TV series, we have seen cases where people were mind controlled to fight allied forces, so perhaps the red valkyrie pilot was mindful of this…)

2.) The red valkyrie pilot is the one being mind controlled, much like the proto-deviln valkyrie pilots were in Macross 7.

3.) A fleet, or some part there of, that decided to break away from NUNS.

4.) Some offshoot of the anti-UN forces that we saw in Macross Zero. The red valkyrie’s design sort of reminds me of the anti-UN mechs. Considering that it looks like Macross Frontier is going to pay homage to Macross Zero with the “Legend of Zero” episode, I see this as a possibility… not likely, but possible.

5.) The Vajra are related to the weird creatures from Macross Zero? Considering that Zero was the first time I think we saw non-humanoid (aka non-human/non-Zentradi) lifeforms before, maybe these Vajra are related to them somehow?

• May 18, 2008 at 11:33 amJuisarian

Wow, after all these years, after all this waiting…. Macross is back. And it’s better than ever! Not only is it a fulfilling continuation of the mythos, and an amazing tribute to the original series, it’s a captivating story in it’s own right! Congratulations to everyone involved!

• May 18, 2008 at 5:08 pmXellos

LoL just noticed them but I found a few mistakes in this episode, like 15:16 – 15:19 mikhail’s VF-25 has the gun cut off for a few seconds in the background while ozma calls alto an idiot for rushing in.

Not being picky with the quality, just like finding the mistakes that will be fixed in the dvds lol

• May 18, 2008 at 7:46 pmluke

I am also wondering were Super Deminsional Aircraft Carrier-21/New macross Carrier-21 is. I know coloy fleets come of all shapes and sizes. New Macross 5 ships were mostly Zentradi or modded to look like Zentradi vessels. For the VF-27, it has to have been made by the UN government for it to have the designation VF-27. If it was made by another faction, anti un, protoculture etc. It would have a different designation. The UN military stuck with Variable Fighter XX, all others had their own unique name or something crazy.

• May 19, 2008 at 2:09 pmkonaha

oo ya it really sounds like Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru at the beginning.. so it wasn’t just me who feel that the song is familiar.. was trying to figure which one it is since i too many gd songs..

• May 20, 2008 at 12:15 amWill

Macross Frontier sucks. This TV series is so cheesy and generic. Macross Zero was far better, even though it wasn’t that good either……..

• May 20, 2008 at 6:21 amaudishah

haha will, dont watch it if u think it sucks then!we all here hv some stuffs we arent satisfied wth macross F but we dont think it sucks overall^^ it’s still one of the best anime this season and a great sequel to SDF!!

• May 20, 2008 at 4:45 pmMichJobert

man i hope that red valkyrie is a black-ops for the UN

this macross has downgraded the military a bit too much

I mean without the military humans would have been extinct

I hope they produce a military ace this time hope its a real clone of Focker without the salad

• May 21, 2008 at 12:33 pmsmita

didnt ranka loose her family ? is it jst me or did she loose her brother ? is the new chracter who seems to respond to ranka – related to her

• May 21, 2008 at 3:57 pmalrick

maybe Brera Sterne and co. was also sent by NUNS to do data collection on the vajra and he saw alto as a hindrance to his mission so he fired a shot to the VF 25. Maybe this guy has something to do with it http://randomc.net/image/Macross/Macross%20Frontier%20-%2007%20-%20Large%2013.jpg

• May 21, 2008 at 8:41 pmspeng

The red valkyrie is most likely part of vajra, it launched its missiles toward alto. I think we should all watch macross zero again, because frontier is obviously connected.
    1) the name “Nome” which belongs to “sara nome”
    2) the earrings did somehow give a “charm”-like effect, when it relayed sheryl & ranka’s singing. If you remember, sara nome was a priestess who also had powers.
    3) the maroon valkyrie. the anti-UN forces had the same shade in their valkyries. Of course the design looks familiar, but Macross always has one designer. It’s the color that is distinct.
    4) the harmonica. we all know that came from zero.

I’m just speculating here, what do you guys think? I believe there’s always a connection between macross series(es). since macross zero was the last one aired, it is mostlikely connected to frontier.

• May 25, 2008 at 10:48 pmavplaya

No, the red VF is not part of Vajra, I think. Alto saw him right into the Vajra ship and probably followed his path. When he’s inside the ship, he saw signs of battle before he got there, and that’s probably the red VF doing his work for him. Although I’m not sure why he shot Alto’s guns but he could have aimed at Alto instead. I’m almost certain he’s part of the UN military, but perhaps black-ops or secret division. He maybe there for recon more than anything else. I also have a feeling that the higher-ups in the government knows a lot more about the vajra than they claimed. Remember during the return “fold” trip, there are other VFs in the same folds travelling with the Red VF. He’s not part of Vajra forces, unless the vajra is a human creation.

• February 17, 2009 at 3:52 amblog hosting

blog hosting [url=http://wordpress.com]blog hosting[/url] blog hosting [url= http://wordpress.com ] blog hosting [/url]

• « Older Comments