Nabari no Ou – 10
「ポルカ 雷鳴と雷光」 (Poruka, Raimei to Raikou)
“Polka, Raimei and Raikou)
「カーテンコール」 (Kaaten Kooru)
It turns out the fight between Raimei and Raikou was sort of like a polka dance after all, since they had the polka music playing during that scene. While I’m not sure how this scene played out in the manga, it didn’t last very long in the anime adaptation, much like many of the other fight scenes thus far. Regardless, I felt the tension between Raimei and Raikou was built up nicely, with Raimei’s defeat being a significant one. Knowing how proud Raimei is about being a samurai, it’ll be interesting to see how she copes with the loss of her Kurogamon katana. As Sabara and Kouichi already explained, to a samurai, it’s probably a fate worse than death itself.
As for Miharu, his resolve to use the Shinrabanshou for Yoite’s sake evidently has Kumohira distraught about how to handle the situation. While Kumohira said he would kill Miharu if he tried to use the hijutsu, it’s pretty apparent that he’s unable to follow through with his words. Miharu is aware of this as well, but I get the feeling that Kumohira will intervene when Miharu does eventually use his powers. Yoite on the other hand has become quite unstable, given that he doesn’t have much time left to live. Since Yoite’s told Miharu to retrieve Banten’s “Engetsurin” (円月輪) and Togakushi’s “Idzuna Shingan” (飯綱心眼), it’ll be interesting to see how he gets these kinjutsusho from Kumohira and (more importantly) Kotarou.
While I didn’t mention it last time since her appearance was so brief, Seki Hanabusa is played by Mitsuishi Kotono (Tsukino Usaga/Sailor Moon in Sailor Moon, Katsuragi Misato in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mireille Bouquet in Noir, Murrue Ramius in Gundam SEED). While I’m not sure how much of a role Hana will have in the overall series, you can never go wrong with casting Kotono.
Next time, it looks like we’ll see a lot more of the Shimizu past and hopefully the reason why Raikou strongly believes what he did was the right thing to do.
- Rokujou Miharu (六条 壬晴) / Kugimiya Rie (釘宮 理恵)
- Yoite (宵風) / Saiga Mitsuki (斎賀 みつき)
- Kumohira Thobari Durandal (雲平・帷・デュランダル) / Namikawa Daisuke (浪川 大輔)
- Aizawa Kouichi (相澤 虹一) / Hino Satoshi (日野 聡)
- Shimizu Raimei (清水 雷鳴) / Fujimura Ayumi (藤村 歩)
- Yukimi Kazuhiko (雪見 和彦) / Tsuda Kenjirou (津田 健次郎)
- Hattori Toujuurou (服部 柊十郎) / Nakata Jouji (中田 譲治)
- Seki Hanabusa (関 英) / Mitsuishi Kotono (三石 琴乃)
- Shimizu Raikou (清水 雷光) / Suwabe Junichi (諏訪部 順一)
- Meguro Gau (目黒 俄雨) / Okamoto Nobuhiko (岡本 信彦)
- Amatatsu Kazuho (天立 和穂) / Kano Yui (鹿野 優以)
- Saraba (サラバ) / Watanabe Akeno (渡辺 明乃)
- Minami Juuji (南 十字) / Koyama Kimiko (こやま きみこ)
- Shiratama (シラタマ) / Shindou Kei (真堂 圭)
- Genin (下忍) / Ishigami Yuuichi (石上 裕一)
- Genin (下忍) / Harada Akira (原田 晃)