Nabari no Ou – 11 »« Nabari no Ou – 09

Nabari no Ou   10   16 Nabari no Ou   10   17 Nabari no Ou   10   18
Nabari no Ou   10   19 Nabari no Ou   10   20 Nabari no Ou   10   21
Nabari no Ou   10   22 Nabari no Ou   10   23 Nabari no Ou   10   24
Nabari no Ou   10   25 Nabari no Ou   10   26 Nabari no Ou   10   27
Nabari no Ou   10   28 Nabari no Ou   10   29 Nabari no Ou   10   30
Nabari no Ou   10   31 Nabari no Ou   10   32 Nabari no Ou   10   33

「ポルカ 雷鳴と雷光」 (Poruka, Raimei to Raikou)
“Polka, Raimei and Raikou)

Next Episode:
「カーテンコール」 (Kaaten Kooru)
“Curtain Call”

Nabari no Ou   10   Preview 01 Nabari no Ou   10   Preview 02 Nabari no Ou   10   Preview 03
Nabari no Ou   10   Preview 04 Nabari no Ou   10   Preview 05 Nabari no Ou   10   Preview 06

Impressions:
It turns out the fight between Raimei and Raikou was sort of like a polka dance after all, since they had the polka music playing during that scene. While I’m not sure how this scene played out in the manga, it didn’t last very long in the anime adaptation, much like many of the other fight scenes thus far. Regardless, I felt the tension between Raimei and Raikou was built up nicely, with Raimei’s defeat being a significant one. Knowing how proud Raimei is about being a samurai, it’ll be interesting to see how she copes with the loss of her Kurogamon katana. As Sabara and Kouichi already explained, to a samurai, it’s probably a fate worse than death itself.

As for Miharu, his resolve to use the Shinrabanshou for Yoite’s sake evidently has Kumohira distraught about how to handle the situation. While Kumohira said he would kill Miharu if he tried to use the hijutsu, it’s pretty apparent that he’s unable to follow through with his words. Miharu is aware of this as well, but I get the feeling that Kumohira will intervene when Miharu does eventually use his powers. Yoite on the other hand has become quite unstable, given that he doesn’t have much time left to live. Since Yoite’s told Miharu to retrieve Banten’s “Engetsurin” (円月輪) and Togakushi’s “Idzuna Shingan” (飯綱心眼), it’ll be interesting to see how he gets these kinjutsusho from Kumohira and (more importantly) Kotarou.

While I didn’t mention it last time since her appearance was so brief, Seki Hanabusa is played by Mitsuishi Kotono (Tsukino Usaga/Sailor Moon in Sailor Moon, Katsuragi Misato in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mireille Bouquet in Noir, Murrue Ramius in Gundam SEED). While I’m not sure how much of a role Hana will have in the overall series, you can never go wrong with casting Kotono.

Next time, it looks like we’ll see a lot more of the Shimizu past and hopefully the reason why Raikou strongly believes what he did was the right thing to do.

Cast:
- Rokujou Miharu (六条 壬晴) / Kugimiya Rie (釘宮 理恵)
- Yoite (宵風) / Saiga Mitsuki (斎賀 みつき)
- Kumohira Thobari Durandal (雲平・帷・デュランダル) / Namikawa Daisuke (浪川 大輔)
- Aizawa Kouichi (相澤 虹一) / Hino Satoshi (日野 聡)
- Shimizu Raimei (清水 雷鳴) / Fujimura Ayumi (藤村 歩)
- Yukimi Kazuhiko (雪見 和彦) / Tsuda Kenjirou (津田 健次郎)
- Hattori Toujuurou (服部 柊十郎) / Nakata Jouji (中田 譲治)
- Seki Hanabusa (関 英) / Mitsuishi Kotono (三石 琴乃)
- Shimizu Raikou (清水 雷光) / Suwabe Junichi (諏訪部 順一)
- Meguro Gau (目黒 俄雨) / Okamoto Nobuhiko (岡本 信彦)
- Amatatsu Kazuho (天立 和穂) / Kano Yui (鹿野 優以)
- Saraba (サラバ) / Watanabe Akeno (渡辺 明乃)
- Minami Juuji (南 十字) / Koyama Kimiko (こやま きみこ)
- Shiratama (シラタマ) / Shindou Kei (真堂 圭)
- Genin (下忍) / Ishigami Yuuichi (石上 裕一)
- Genin (下忍) / Harada Akira (原田 晃)

June 10, 2008 at 12:14 am
  • June 10, 2008 at 12:29 amkarloni

i was waiting on this looks like a pretty good episode with the sword fighting going on this episode

• June 10, 2008 at 12:31 amanimeniac

ow looks like that yoite will die eventually…

• June 10, 2008 at 12:31 amFuruba

omg T__T!! RAIMEIII~!!!! even got her sword taken away by raikou, nooo T___T and she got owned and is now bed ridden =[ boo. thought the fight would last longer too. o well, can’t wait till this is subbed x3!

• June 10, 2008 at 1:24 amBlue

Even if it’s just for the Itachi comparisons (which I hope will be really superficial) I really want to see Raikou’s past.

• June 10, 2008 at 2:27 amFuruba

sorry, double post, BUT i just have to mention the TEAR on raimei’s face in:
    awww raimei T___T~ -wants to hug her- XD sorry, im a TOTAL fan of raimei >.>;;

• June 10, 2008 at 8:12 amKaitune

I still wonder why Raikai though that PINK is a good color for one’s hair… May be he wants to prove that being a samurai can make pink hair MANLY. Or may be he is just color blind.

• June 10, 2008 at 4:16 pmragnarok

I still don’t get why so many people have a problem with pink hair. There are anime with guys having red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, and white hair. Is pink somehow can only be used on girls or something?

• June 11, 2008 at 12:17 amHoshi

hmmm. isn’t that lady the one kumohira sensei is kissing in the ed? wonder what importance she holds…

• June 11, 2008 at 8:32 amDana

Is anyone else in love with Raiku’s character design and voice? I could eat him up.

I certainly understand why Gau is getting so hot and bothered.

• June 11, 2008 at 8:18 pmKaitune

@ragnarok

Nah, there is nothing wrong with pink hair, and I actually find Raikai’s character design to be pretty cool. The Pink Hair issue was just a joke.

I wonder how they will portray Raikai’s past in the anime version.

• June 14, 2008 at 1:36 amRyou

errrr…. where’s the summary??

• June 14, 2008 at 10:53 pmdivine

@Ryou:
    There won’t be any summaries for my anime coverage (note: divine’s not Omni’s) while I’m away on vacation (i.e. right now for the month of June and a bit). My choices were to either post in this slimmed down manner or put all my shows on a complete hiatus. I opted for the former and hoped people would be okay with this for the next while. (Even if people aren’t, I still think this is better than dropping my shows completely for those 4-5 episodes.) For more information, please see my post here.