Kanokon ~Manatsu no Daishanikusai~ OVA – 01 »« Kanokon – 11

Kanokon   12   16 Kanokon   12   17 Kanokon   12   18
Kanokon   12   19 Kanokon   12   20 Kanokon   12   21
Kanokon   12   22 Kanokon   12   23 Kanokon   12   24
Kanokon   12   25 Kanokon   12   26 Kanokon   12   27
Kanokon   12   28 Kanokon   12   29 Kanokon   12   30
Kanokon   12   31 Kanokon   12   32 Kanokon   12   33

「ついにしちゃう?」 (Tsui ni Shichau?)
“Finally Do It?”

Episode at a Glance:
Having not received a proper answer from Kouta at the beach, Chizuru begins worrying about how he really feels about her. When her attempts to attract his attention by her usual means don’t seem to work, she resorts to the most direct approach possible. However, Kouta reacts earnestly and stops her advance by saying he doesn’t want to do this, which causes Chizuru to run off crying. After having a bit more time to think things over, Kouta goes off in search of Chizuru and confesses his feelings for her. Hearing this brings Chizuru to tears for a moment, but she’s relieved that she finally gets to be with her destined partner. As for Nozomu, she decides to become Kouta’s mistress since he’s now going out with Chizuru, which Chizuru surprisingly acknowledges.

ED Credits:

Kanokon   12   Credits 01 Kanokon   12   Credits 02 Kanokon   12   Credits 03
Kanokon   12   Credits 04 Kanokon   12   Credits 05 Kanokon   12   Credits 06
Kanokon   12   Credits 07 Kanokon   12   Credits 08 Kanokon   12   Credits 09
Kanokon   12   Credits 10 Kanokon   12   Credits 11 Kanokon   12   Credits 12

Impressions:
Kanokon’s episode titles have always tried to mislead us into thinking something lewd and this time was no different. “It” in this case actually referred to Kouta’s confession to Chizuru, which was surprisingly endearing (…sorry for the embarrassing remark. -_-). Given how this series was primarily ecchi-oriented, I really liked how they concluded things with an air of sincerity all around. In addition to Kouta x Chizuru, this also goes for Tayura x Akane, Omi x Mio, Yatsuka-sensei x Sahara-sensei (as seen in the credits), the Nanao twins seeing Chizuru as their “Mama“, and even Nozomu, who’s become Kouta’s official mistress. Evidently, this genre of anime never promises (nor strives for) a lot of depth, so it’s always nice when they wrap things up in a way that makes the series as a whole feel somewhat “complete”. While I’m sure not everyone will agree that Kanokon had anything worthwhile to even consider watching, I for one felt it was more memorable than the (almost) same cast’s work in Girl’s Bravo. Sure things were fairly predictable at the end, but the amount of controversy and ecchi humour this series brought made it enjoyable to watch… and to cover.

Cast:
- Oyamada Kouta (小山田 耕太) / Noto Mamiko (能登 麻美子)
- Minamoto Chizuru (源 ちずる) / Kawasumi Ayako (川澄 綾子)
- Ezomori Nozomu (犹守 望) / Takeuchi Miyuu (竹内 美優)
- Asahina Akane (比奈 あかね) / Saito Chiwa (斎藤 千和)
- Sasamori Yuuki (佐々森 ユウキ) / Seto Saori (世戸 さおり)
- Takana Kiriko (高菜 キリコ) / Miyazaki Ui (宮崎 羽衣)
- Minamoto Tayura (源 たゆら) / Toyonaga Toshiyuki (豊永 利行)
- Sahara Iku (砂原 幾) / Shitaya Noriko (下屋 則子)
- Yatsuka Takao (八束 たかお) / Matsuyama Takashi (松山 鷹志)
- Kumada Ryuusei (熊田 流星) / Nomura Kenji (乃村 健次)
- Kiriyama Omi (桐山 臣) / Kondou Takashi (近藤 隆)
- Osakabe Mio (長ヶ部 澪) / Itsuki Yui (伊月 ゆい)
- Nanao Ren (七々尾 蓮) / Kadowaki Mai (門脇 舞以)
- Nanao Ai (七々尾 藍) / Nakanishi Tamaki (仲西 環)

June 22, 2008 at 2:47 am
  • June 22, 2008 at 5:36 amDarkReign

Lol, Nozomu decides to become Koutas mistress surprises me.

• June 22, 2008 at 5:37 amGP

The manga is still going, and the novels also? Actually I don’t remember off the top of my head but it should still be ongoing. That said, we could see more kanokon later in the future. They only hinted at it but there is way more to Kouta than what we got in the anime.

That said, the manga is a bit more serious and less lolz than the anime version. Still, it’s all good to me. You don’t always need a overly complex and deep plot to keep you entertained.

• June 22, 2008 at 6:00 amloki

quite unexpected ending…… but the story line seems to be a bit too fast.

• June 22, 2008 at 6:33 amshin1990

aww! such a great ending!!

• June 22, 2008 at 6:38 amjulie

hoooo… it’s finished!! it was fun, i feel…. if they make a second season i’ll surely watch it…
    well…. xoxo

• June 22, 2008 at 7:42 amreginald

hahaha compromise in the end :)

• June 22, 2008 at 9:07 amGP

I hope more of the manga gets translated soon. Though they are different enough from the 7 or so chapters I’ve read.

• June 22, 2008 at 9:17 amHister

Que final tan culebra, me quedo con el manga.

• June 22, 2008 at 9:35 amJa-Y-Ce

harem ending, indeed… ;-)

• June 22, 2008 at 9:41 amhomina-homina

weird…i read somewhere that this series had 26 episodes…oh well; i liked it anyway

• June 22, 2008 at 10:33 amHudson

I WANT A SEASON 2!!!! introduce a 3rd girl into the mix!

• June 22, 2008 at 11:24 amAexile

Harem endings are always a nice touch! XD

• June 22, 2008 at 11:34 amKadian1364

>> harem ending, indeed… ;-)

The only show where I’d expect one!

I’m just curious, but what sort of content is there in the novel version of Kanokon? I don’t imagine there’s much along the way of fanservice or typical ‘harem comedy’ elements in a medium with no pictures or illustrations; therefore, there must be some other kind of appeal in the novels. Anyone care to clarify?

• June 22, 2008 at 2:48 pmtPhan

Dang seems like I’ll enjoy this ending.

• June 22, 2008 at 3:43 pmJustin Olbrantz (Quantam)

Gah, it’s over! Now where am I going to get my weekly source of deranged amusement (previously reading the comments for Kanokon on sites like this)?? Although I suppose even after it’s over the controversy will continue somewhere.

• June 22, 2008 at 8:12 pmloplop

Kanokon was a nice diversion this season. The only show that I liked more is Macross Frontier, But that’s apples and oranges. I’ve never been someone who thought all anime had to be serious and this one proves that. With the manga going on sale in the US in the fall, I look to see more people to seek this one out. I’m already considering buying the R2 disks on this one since it will probably never see a R1/US license . . . .

• June 22, 2008 at 8:15 pmYotaruVegeta

Is there a chance in hell that this anime could actually make it to US shores? I’m staying away from fansubs, but this thing looks like ecchi comedy heaven!

• June 22, 2008 at 8:17 pmJigsy

Hang on, Show Spoiler ▼

?

• June 22, 2008 at 8:24 pmatomicwasabi

In the history of anime diversions, this was up there. But heh…you won’t find this among any best legendary-epic-of-a-tale lists.

I haven’t read the manga myself, but Kadian1234, I’m sure you’re right. I have yet to read a manga that was completely fanservice. Even the ones that are obviously fanservice had some substance to keep it going.

• June 22, 2008 at 8:53 pmArtanis

espero que salga una segunda temporada pero em diverti mucho con la sreie muy buena

• June 22, 2008 at 9:19 pmBROOKLYN otaku

one pic the panties are coming down…..the next, she’s crying?!?!?! ..was good while it lasted THANKS!!

• June 22, 2008 at 9:57 pmdeath_killz

and thus our fun show of kanakon ends…tnx for ur wonderful and insightful blogs my ecchi comrade ^^

• June 23, 2008 at 10:38 amzanshun

I’ll miss my weekly Kanokon. Was always an anime that you had to watch when alone so it always had your full attention. Final episode had some great moments. The flashback to the beach scene where the confession was interrupted by Tayura and Chizura threw a boulder on him then ran up to drop a small rock on his leg had me laughing. Violence towards Tayura by Chizura and Akane was good fun but more then that even if its slowly its good to see that Tayura is progressing with Akane because he deserves it. In fact all of the Kanokon main cast were all very likeable and it was very enjoyable to watch all of them each week.

There were some loose plot points that I’m guessing that could pursue, episode 10 left me with the impression that Kouta is special somehow, perhaps something involving exorcist powers or something. I wouldn’t hold my breath on there being a second season because of how conclusive this episode felt but I hope there will be, I mean if Ikkitousen can get 3 seasons…..

• June 23, 2008 at 10:39 amzanshun

Oh and sixth ED screencap, little frog on the bento box, :P

• June 23, 2008 at 5:36 pmzootsuitTom

And so the Fanservice train stops here…

*begins gassing up the Sekirei Train*

• June 23, 2008 at 9:48 pmAh!

there was a part of the episode where it look like they cut some scenes. when ren x ai(twins) came out from the classroom they look shock. it looks like a dvd cut scene. btw i highly doubt that this is the end of kanokon. we might see another season by fall like vampire knight where some1 said that they will release a 2nd season by the fall.

Keep our hopes up fellow watchers!

• June 24, 2008 at 7:41 pmXanathos

Ok, maybe this will be a pain-in-the-ass for some people, but can you please explain what “mistress” means!? sorry, my english is not so proper.

• June 25, 2008 at 4:59 amdivine

@Xanathos:
    A mistress is a woman someone sleeps around with even though he’s married. A mistress could just be a girlfriend though, but it usually implies a sexual relationship.

• June 25, 2008 at 12:02 pmPerentie

Yeah, basically a mistress serves the role of “backup lover.” In ancient times (and perhaps now in some societies) they also would do things like bear a child through the husband to give to the wife to give him an heir if the wife was for some reason unable to bear children.

I personally doubt Kouta would go for it though. He’s never shown any romantic feelings for Nozumu. Still, it was a wonderfully sweet ending for the series, kind of like a funny snap shot from a portion of the manga’s plot.

• June 26, 2008 at 11:16 amSolaris

Finally this shit ended. This was worse series i’ever seen. Repetitive gags, non-existent plot, fake ecchiness, ridicolous chars
    What the point of this show could be? Watch to some boobs? Wasn’t a real hentai better than this uter crap? At least there’s some real “job” in there…

PS: The last episode cleared something indeed: yes, Kouta is a g@y…

• July 14, 2008 at 4:25 pmgeowrian

This ending didn’t do it for me at all. There was so much that could have been done but it wasn’t. Plus, what about his “sister” and the whole thing with the kyuubi? Major unanswered questions involving the little plot there was leaves me dissatisfied.

• August 26, 2008 at 8:30 pmPiejuice

sheezh, that kouta is a player. (lucky bastard)….anywho, hope theres a second season.

• August 4, 2009 at 9:56 pmBlack_Otaku

LUCKIEST……BASTARD….IN…..THE…….UNIVERSE!

Although I thought the anime was a blur between ecchi and hentai, I throughly enjoyed it.

Now….Season 2 plz