SOUL EATER – 12 »« Bleach – 175

The Daily Dose

• I apologize for the lack of Daily Doses recently. The Summer 2008 Preview is taking a lot longer than I thought to write because I have quite a bit to say about some of the series. I’m compiling this Daily Dose because I don’t want to fall too far behind on the news, and because I want to point people to the newest Parallel Works video.
  • This week’s Gurren Lagann Parallel Works belongs to artist SUEZEN, and it combines the instrumental track BafBaf! Sonna ni Moeru no ga…Suki Kai? with video of Viral and the others playing a Gurren Lagann themed pachinko machine. It’s an amusing watch, though I still like last week’s more, both in song and in accompanying video. It’s hard to beat “raw! raw! fight the power!”
  • Gonzo plans to stream the upcoming summer anime Strike Witches on crunchyroll and YouTube like it did with Druaga and Blassreiter.
  • There were a lot of new anime announced this week. First up, MOON PHASE reports that kiss x sis, the manga by Mahoromatic author Ditama Bow, is getting a television anime series. Details will be released in next issue of Bessatsu Young Magazine.
  • Tabletop RPG Queen’s Blade is also getting a television anime series.
  • Popular shoujo manga Skip Beat! is getting a television anime series this fall as well. It will be produced by Hal Film Maker and will be directed by Sayama Kiyoko.
  • Game company Leaf‘s White Album is also getting an anime and a PS3 port.
  • In music news, the new ED theme for SOUL EATER will be Style by Nishino Kana. The new ED theme for D.Gray-man will be Changin’ by Stephanie. The new ED theme for Bleach will be Gallop by pe’zmoku. Thanks Haz.
  • The website for upcoming summer anime Koihime Musou has (finally) updated with new information.
  • If you find anything that you think I should mention on any particular day’s Daily Dose, please send me an email with the words “ANIME NEWS” somewhere in the subject line.
  • June 22, 2008 at 11:29 pm
    • June 22, 2008 at 11:34 pmGlG

great job omni, lovin the daily dose post.. i also think this weeks gurren lagann video was good (almost as good as the last one)

• June 22, 2008 at 11:46 pmkamikaze

omg! finally skip beat anime!! awesome~ i love how theres a dramatic mood for pachinko

• June 22, 2008 at 11:55 pmSayna

I’m seconding the joy for a Skip Beat! anime- done right, it will be hilarious. Hopefully the production values will be decent too…

• June 23, 2008 at 12:05 amMiraNai

Third the joy for Skip Beat! finally getting animated. I think if they execute it well, they can really make the series come to life (like it should be)!

• June 23, 2008 at 12:05 amfalconx0101

I’m just nitpicking at this point but can these segments really be called “The Daily Dose” if it’s not daily? Unless of course your definition of a day is something other than the standard 24 earth hour period.

Nevertheless, good job on this update. I’m looking forward to your summer preview.

• June 23, 2008 at 12:16 amAndi

CHANGING’ is a collab between tanaka roma AND stephanie.

^^

• June 23, 2008 at 12:21 ammiden

omg did u say kiss x sis!? wooot!!

• June 23, 2008 at 12:23 amPan

Laugh @ pachinko machine
      I just hope that the Queen’s Blade series won’t end up looking too much like Ikki Tousen..
      Looking forward to the summer preview

• June 23, 2008 at 12:57 amKaitune

Skip Beat turning into an anime is one of the best anime-related news I had heard all year. If the anime is as good as the manga, then it should be one of my most favorite animes ever.

• June 23, 2008 at 12:58 amFumika

Great job Omni keep it up. With the daily dose, your blog is going further and further above and beyoond what others have. Loving the daily dose, gives me so much info I would never know otherwise.

• June 23, 2008 at 1:18 amShinigami

Leave it up to Gurren Lagann to make a game of pachinko more epic than it really is.

• June 23, 2008 at 1:25 amYukiruchan

Waiting for summer preview!

• June 23, 2008 at 2:12 amHoshi

oh god, poor viral. loved the look on his face

• June 23, 2008 at 3:39 amwilliam

kissXsis manga is pretty explicit, that shows gonna be fun

• June 23, 2008 at 3:47 amKaineng

About the new Bleach Ending… well I was also one of them who *gasp* on it, and den found it on YouTube too… but den looks like there was confusion on pe’zmoku website noe, there was also one .net instead of the .com, why can’t they just make up their minds?

• June 23, 2008 at 4:36 amnobody important

Queen’s Blade? lol

Sexy warrior women with almost-not-there skimpy armour beating down on each other with pointy weapons? Yes please, that sounds interesting. :)

• June 23, 2008 at 4:38 amOmni

falconx0101: Did you miss this post where I basically said I was suspending the daily part of the Daily Dose until I finished writing the Summer 2008 Preview? The daily part will return once I’m done with that (which should be soon hopefully), but I’m not going to change the name because that’d just lead to more confusion.

• June 23, 2008 at 4:43 amFuruba

“The new ED theme for D.Gray-man will be Changin’ by Stephanie.”
      omg yes O____O -has made my day- i can’t wait to hear/see it, the animation plus the song 8D omg!! -awaits episode 91- x3

• June 23, 2008 at 5:59 amcarbon

Well when I read this post yesterday I decided to check out skip beat and OMG, if the anime is done right I’m going to be very happy, instead of a “shoujo heroine with a broken heart” lead we will will get a character that was a good person till their abilty to love at was destroyed, if done right it will be shoujo for guys and I for one am stoked.

• June 23, 2008 at 6:47 amkenjiharima

LOL! Simon won and got lucky 7. So Kamina was revived cool! Wish slot machines are made that way in real life.

• June 23, 2008 at 6:54 amLazyBoy0902

Do you know when Kiss x Sis is coming out? By the way, do you think that it will be like Kanokon? I see that someone mentioned the manga being explicit and the link you gave us had mentioned ecchi and mature as one of it’s genre.

• June 23, 2008 at 7:44 amSalenth

Watching Leeron squirm like that made me feel pretty gay…and I’m a girl, lol. Lots of screencap-worthy faces in that video, especially with bishouen Kamina and his “death”.

• June 23, 2008 at 8:27 amStory

The show could very well turn out to be another generic shounen fan-service fest, but I really like the character designs for Koihime Musou…

Can’t wait for the Summer 2008 preview.

• June 23, 2008 at 9:11 amShippoyasha

To those who says Pachinko games aren’t that exciting in real life, you haven’t played them for money before, haven’t you? lol

• June 23, 2008 at 12:01 pmusagijen

The moment I found out the news of the Skip Beat anime last week, I was jumping for joy too ^^ Too bad they decided to “skip” on animating Tokyo Crazy Paradise, which is another EPIC shoujo manga by the same author as Skip Beat. Here’s to hoping a TCP anime will come after this >_<

• June 23, 2008 at 3:06 pmKaris

*cough* *Cough* did you say KissxSis getting an anime?? First Kanokon, and now that one, man can the ecchiness ever ends?(apparently not)

• June 23, 2008 at 3:43 pmMari

Finally, I can’t wait for Skip Beat to premiere.

@Usagijen

Tokyo Crazy Paradise being animated would be another one of my favorites! Stories like this should get more attention.

• June 23, 2008 at 5:54 pmkamikaze

haha seriously, so many great manga that have yet to be animated

• June 23, 2008 at 6:40 pmNette

this parallel works video wasn’t as good as the last one. :/

• June 23, 2008 at 7:23 pmKadian1364

Pachinko/Slot Machine game was a novel idea, but the main problems was it went far too long. The cast and music feel wasted, just turning their wrists and watching metal balls bounce around. Maybe I just don’t like the slots, but watching reels flip endlessly does nothing for the “ZOMG EPIC!!!” feeling that Gurren Lagann usually gives me.

Looking forward to the Summer Preview. That will be the stuff legends are made of!!

• June 23, 2008 at 8:07 pmAndy

Ron sqirming around while Simon was “drilling” the machine… *Shivers* And I agree with Omni, last one was much better. We got to see Viral’s sweetheart! Anyway, I hope the summer season animes will be great. Looking forward to Sekirei, and few *other* ones…

• June 23, 2008 at 8:55 pmKaminaLives

Haha, pretty amusing vid, although I have to agree it went on a tad too long. Still, I particularly liked the fact that they used Kamina’s black and white death pose in the anime to signify his defeat in pachinko. Speaking of which, pachinko is an odd game. There were a few pachinko parlors out near where I used to live in Okinawa and usually did brisk business with the locals there every night. I typically stayed away from those machines and went for the racing games instead, heh. Rawr, rawr, fight the powah!

Looking forward to the summer previews! Queen’s Blade looks, um, interesting. :P

• June 24, 2008 at 7:12 pmMelchior

I always figured that Skip Beat! and Tokyo Crazy Paradise were not ever going to get animated because of the rather distinctive style of Yoshiki Nakamura’s art (very detailed for a shoujo series, actually having backgrounds, sharp facial expressions). Usually series that look like that get “dumbed down” into a more generic art style.

Still, Hal Film Maker did all three ARIA series and the OVA, as well as Uta~Kata, and those all fit their specific art styles perfectly.

Best anime news in months.

• June 28, 2008 at 8:16 amWingZero zxt

does anyone here know when the golgo 13 op and ending songs will be out? theyre currently my favourite OP and Ed (atleast until code geass new one starts

• September 30, 2008 at 4:55 pmJack

That Parallel Works was hilarious!