CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 02 »« The Daily Dose

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 01

OP Sequence

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   OP   01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   OP   02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   OP   03
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   OP   04 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   OP   05 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   OP   06
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   OP   07 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   OP   08 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   OP   09

OP: 時を刻む唄 (Toki wo Kizamu Uta) by Lia
Watch the OP! Mirror 1, Mirror 2, Streaming

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   03
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   04 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   05 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   06
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   07 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   08 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   09
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   10 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   11 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   12
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   13 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   14 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   15
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   16 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   17 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   18
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   19 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   20 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   21
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   22 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   23 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   24
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   25 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   26 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   27
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   28 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   29 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   30
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   31 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   32 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   33
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   34 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   35 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   36

Summary:

Daydreaming about riding on a train and walking through a field of flowers, Tomoya nearly gets hit by a baseball while watching Akio play with some kids. There’s a baseball game coming up against the team of a rival shopping district that has recently gotten a former Koushien player, and Akio really wants to win against them, so he makes Tomoya recruit his friends. When they hear about it, Kyou and Kotomi are immediately willing to participate, and Sunohara signs on after some flattery. Tomoyo agrees to do it if Misae does as well, so the group goes to ask her, and along the way, they see Yoshino Yuusuke working on an electric pole. Yuusuke initially tells them that he can’t help because of his job, but Tomoya convinces him by pretending to make a plea about how Sunohara wants one last memory with him before graduating and leaving the town. As for Misae, she agrees to participate after Tomoyo explains how she wants to be Misae’s rival and learn from her through sports. Misae plus Mei rounds out the nine people for the team, so Tomoya is done recruiting. Nagisa later suggests that Tomoya’s father should come as well and notes that she wants to properly meet him, but Tomoya puts off the idea until next time.

When the day of the game arrives, everyone gathers at the baseball field, and it turns out that Misae, Yuusuke, and Fuuko’s sister Kouko knew each other previously. The game starts with Akio pitching a one-two-three top half of the inning, and despite Sunohara bunting out, Kyou, Misae, and Akio all get on base in successive at-bats. That brings up Tomoyo with the bases full, and she ends up hitting the ball out of the park even though this is the first time she’s been a batter. The inning ends with them up 4-0, but during the next inning, one of the opposing team’s batters accidentally lets go of the bat while swinging, and it flies into Akio’s leg. The injury prevents Akio from pitching any further, and since the team now needs a replacement, he chooses his own daughter. With Nagisa pitching, they manage to get out of the inning thanks to some good defensive plays. Unfortunately, Tomoya strikes out during their half of the inning, and Sunohara hits into a double play when Kotomi is on base. The rest of the game progresses with the opposing team scoring a run or two at a time while their team squanders opportunities thanks to Tomoyo deciding that she wants to get small hits like a girl, thanks to Tomoya not being able to get a hit because of his shoulder, and thanks to Yuusuke going overboard with a grandiose speech after he gets a hit.

At the bottom of the final inning, the group finds themselves losing 5-4. After Misae flies out, Nagisa gets a hit, but Tomoyo then lines out. That brings up Yuusuke again, and this time, he gets a hit, takes a time-out, and then gives his speech about how he’s giving them a memory as a gift. Mei ends up getting a hit as well, and so that loads the bases with two outs for Tomoya. With everyone cheering him on, he manages to get a hit and win the game. They all celebrate afterwards at the Furukawa Bakery.

ED Sequence

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   ED   01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   ED   02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   ED   03

ED: TORCH by Lia
Watch the ED!: Mirror 1, Mirror 2, Streaming

I’m not used to hearing CLANNAD with different opening and ending songs other than Megumeru and Dango Daikazoku, but these didn’t turn out so bad. I really like the way the OP starts and ends (and the song in general), though I’m a bit more ambivalent about the new ED. Animation-wise, the new OP is reminiscent of the old one with updated scenes and plus/minus a few characters, and the ED has some throwbacks to the Dango Daikazoku as well.

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   Preview 01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   Preview 02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   01   Preview 03

Well they started out with a pretty lighthearted (and very funny at times) episode about pretty much the entire cast playing baseball. It’s a nice way to get us reintroduced to everyone and to get a bunch of laughs, but not a whole lot happens storywise. The closest thing to that is probably the idea that Tomoya still has yet to come to terms with his father and choose a path/career for the future. I assume AFTER STORY doesn’t quite break down into story-arcs-by-girl like the first series did, and so it’s probably too early to say that they’re wasting time or anything. Plus, like I said, it was pretty funny. The stuff hinted at in the OP has me excited as well, so the outlook seems good.

Production-wise, I have no complaints about Kyoto Animation’s work here, however what irks me still is that TBS continues to air this in the 4:3 ratio. For those of you willing to wait three weeks, BS-i will be showing it in 16:9 again, but since I can’t wait that long, I’ll stick with blogging the TBS version. Fortunately, if this series turns out anything like the first one, that kind of issue will fade into the background once we start really getting into the story. Speaking of which, after seeing this, I think Yuusuke deserves to get more screentime – his moments were some of the funniest this week. He was featured prominently on some of the promotional material for this, so I assume he’ll have a role to play.

October 2, 2008 at 6:09 pm
  • October 2, 2008 at 6:10 pmHiiii

I love this episode.

• October 2, 2008 at 6:13 pmNightgale

Looks interesting… Can’t wait for the sub

• October 2, 2008 at 6:14 pmArtanis

por fin salio estado todo el dia mirando aca

• October 2, 2008 at 6:15 pmLiz

Wow, out already? I’ll be waiting for it to get subbed. So many things hitting at once ~.~

• October 2, 2008 at 6:16 pmtunemeister

I love Clannad so glad it is back.

• October 2, 2008 at 6:16 pmSeedStriker

I just hope that since it’s Lia the one doing the music themes, don’t do a reprise of Air’s Misuzu sequence. Another Aozora-esque song would kill me once and for all…

• October 2, 2008 at 6:17 pmbullrogg

sunohara FTW!!!

• October 2, 2008 at 6:19 pmJayers

• October 2, 2008 at 6:20 pmpuyomon

So we got a Moonwalk dance ED? :o

• October 2, 2008 at 6:21 pmPureaura

finally its out, been waiting for this for a while :D

• October 2, 2008 at 6:27 pmGundam maniac

OMG where’s Fuko XD

• October 2, 2008 at 6:28 pmvedasisme

but what about Haruhi 2? how long do we have to wait for that?

• October 2, 2008 at 6:28 pmkillerfrog

yay, and some1 said there wouldnt come another season >.>

• October 2, 2008 at 6:42 pmWindspirit

Oooooh, Air-y opening… interesting…
    Moar of the same, I think. Still waiting for the drama to pop up.

As for Haruhi 2, you guys know just as I do that it’s nothing but a myth. Next year, KyoAni is gonna animate a 24-episodes remake of Air, d’uh.

• October 2, 2008 at 6:42 pmDan

This was a very impressive episode.
    I liked the new opening.
    And the ending was very lighthearted and fun to listen to. I liked the pan through of the cast and major supporting characters.
    Was I the only one who couldnt stop laughing when yoshino-san went all out and began his little monolouging and thus got tagged out?

Anywho, I put a raw up on veoh for the people

• October 2, 2008 at 6:43 pmJoeDX

Why on earth do they have to crop the video to 4:3 again!? *sigh*

• October 2, 2008 at 6:47 pmAznCoffee

Omni…

I love you.

• October 2, 2008 at 6:49 pmSteelman

Sigh. When I read the After Story would be 24 eps I knew they would stretch out the school part. But… all the girls in the OP? What is this? Kotomi and Tomoyo are nowhere to be seen in the original game after story…

Enough already with the useless comedy KyoAni! Let’s get to the drama!

• October 2, 2008 at 6:49 pmLulu FTW

Sweet. :) Hope a good group picks it up. :D

• October 2, 2008 at 6:53 pmAkiraman

Wowo out already will have to check it out and post some impressions at my blog.

• October 2, 2008 at 6:55 pmChimasternmay

great loved the episode i see it already, they are making us happy so when we cry we will cry hard lol thx, tho i cant wait to rewatch the Widescreen.

• October 2, 2008 at 6:56 pmmutio

• October 2, 2008 at 7:00 pmMyssa Rei

http://randomc.net/image/CLANNAD/CLANNAD%20~AFTER%20STORY~%20-%20OP%20-%20Large%2007.jpg Fuuuuukooooo!

Yes, she actually does play an important part in After Story, but not in the way most people expect.

• October 2, 2008 at 7:03 pmMyssa Rei

Mutio: They’re Yusuke (the ex-rock star and currently electric lineman) and Fuuko’s sister. Remember, they got married during the first half?

• October 2, 2008 at 7:18 pmJezreel

I very Like tomoyo Chapter than Clannad series, I hope that this seasson has better

• October 2, 2008 at 7:21 pmZeroAlpha

Geh, not widescreen? Same as last season?

• October 2, 2008 at 7:22 pmteer

I like season 1 better. All of you will remember my statement after ep. 26

• October 2, 2008 at 7:28 pmtau-tau

I’m a bit bleh about the 4:3 ratio as well, especially when we were treated to the Tomoyo Afterstory…

So much for TBS showing us Japanese Variety Shows like Utaban and even the news in “High Vision” (16:9). Heh. Wonder why its not happening to Clannad yet again.

• October 2, 2008 at 7:36 pmquibijo

FAIL

• October 2, 2008 at 7:55 pmEspada

clannad’s baseball game is like haruhi’s baseball game… xD

• October 2, 2008 at 7:58 pmbrianleung8912

need fuko! >:)

• October 2, 2008 at 8:28 pmMoomoo

Did not watch 1st season, too damn emo just like kanon i’m guessing. Won’t watch by myself ever.

• October 2, 2008 at 8:32 pmncyphe

Wait . . . Where’s Fuka?!?!?!

• October 2, 2008 at 8:44 pmAnimeniac

YAY!!! FUUKO – CHAN!!! OKARI!!!

• October 2, 2008 at 8:50 pmmatch

is this going to be 13 episodes long?

Kotomi needs a man….
    me!

• October 2, 2008 at 9:03 pmManuel

I heard there will be 24 episodes. Hope thats true.

• October 2, 2008 at 9:05 pmawesomeness

“I couldn’t believe it, but After Story is going to be 24 episodes long, which has been confirmed in the November issue of TVfan (Japanese magazine) and has been reported on blog sites, such as here. I must say I didn’t expect it, but perhaps now they won’t leave anything out, and more Clannad is never a bad thing, I’ll be the first to say.”

Anyone else have any web confirmation?
    OP was awesome.

• October 2, 2008 at 9:16 pmExia

AHH SHIT!!! i need to finish up watching clannad so i can start watching the after storiez.

• October 2, 2008 at 9:16 pmKaioshin Sama

24 episodes for Clannad After Story? That’s just going to cause the Haruhi people to go into full blown nervous breakdown mode…..

• October 2, 2008 at 9:20 pmMyssa Rei

Kaioshin: I think it’s just about right for After Story, since, in the game, you’ll HAVE to go through the bad end (the CLANNAD movie ending) before you get to the ‘True’ After Story and happy ending.

• October 2, 2008 at 9:57 pmKaisos

Personally, I was expecting 24 episodes if they do the minor character routes…

And “the Haruhi people” can probably still expect a new season next spring or summer, but I for one would rather have another book rather than another season.

And when is Little Busters going to get an anime, dammit!

• October 2, 2008 at 10:24 pmKagekyuubi

Please prepare to cry near the end. There’s a part in the opening that hints at whether or not they’re going to use the ending of after story that you get if you haven’t fulfilled the requirements for true end.

• October 2, 2008 at 10:28 pmrelentlessflame

The reason for the 4:3 thing is because it’s a show they’re using to promote their subscription channel, BS-i. They air the primetime stuff that brings in the ratings in HD on TBS (bring in the viewers, bring in the ad money), but the niche stuff they deliberately cripple to drive their subscription revenues, and because they’re partners in the production and sale of the DVDs (and late-night anime makes its real money on merchandise). It should also be noted that even the widescreen releases are cripped too, since these shows are now drawn in HD; of course, gotta save something for the future Blu-Ray release… It’s all business, but it’s actually sort of smart that they’re engaged in the production and release on so many levels, even if it is sort of “cold and calculated”.

• October 2, 2008 at 10:50 pmBork

• October 2, 2008 at 10:59 pmChrisIsACamal

not enough dangos in the ending

• October 3, 2008 at 12:05 ammegalith

I can’t wait for the subs! For the mean time I’m gonna take a break after doing a marathon of Clannad. :S

• October 3, 2008 at 12:07 amzzeroparticle

Speaking from my area of concentration, I will say that the OP is looking really good (partially because it’s a rearrangement of one of the better pieces on the Clannad OST). The ED doesn’t catch my attention as much, but combined, they’re still a heck of a lot better than Rosario to Vampire 2′s, especially in the music.

• October 3, 2008 at 12:34 amAnimeniac

hey brothers, do you know when is the release of the OP song? i really liked it…

anyway, fuuko was not in the main girl character introduction on the OP song… but instead shows her hugging Show Spoiler ▼

maybe she will show up somewhere in the last parts of the series… around, (if 24 episodes again) epi 19+

• October 3, 2008 at 1:01 amSkyfall

There is nothing to be surprised about regarding this being 24 episodes – the After Story is of quite considerable length, and going by the OP it seems they will touch on some of the character stories they never explored in the first season as well – the Sunohara sibling story, Misae’s story, likely Ryou’s ‘true story’, and perhaps Yukine’s story. So they really are not pressed for material to animate – there is plenty to go by.

“I assume AFTER STORY doesn’t break down into story-arcs-by-girl like the first series did, and it’s probably too early to say that they’re wasting time or anything. The stuff hinted at in the OP has me excited anyhow.”

No, After Story doesn’t break down in to any arcs (there are, however, two different endings … and i am quite curious how they intend to go about this, because it is absolutely essential for the story that both are shown) – the “side characters arcs” we are likely to see aside, AS is all about Tomoya and Nagisa. And it should be quite a treat, and it is likely to surprise a few people with its direction :)

• October 3, 2008 at 1:41 amSoldaT

Wow OP just awesome too awesome! To me the bestest OP of anime history :)

• October 3, 2008 at 2:34 amHeartofadeadpoet

OMG CANT WAIT FOR THE SUBS!!, IF YOU KNOW A SITE WHERE I CAN WATCH IT!! OMG, Please Email Me The Site Where I can DL It, VIA Torrent or DD. Heartofadeadpoet@hotmail.com

• October 3, 2008 at 3:06 amcutemi2

where the heck is Fuko Ibuki, the girl with the woodcarving starfish…. oh well, it’s not part of the OP clip…. gone…

• October 3, 2008 at 4:12 amNanami Kamimura

“I’ve no complaints about Kyoto Animation’s work here, but what irks me still is that TBS is continuing airing this in the 4:3 ratio.”

Face the facts. Not all people in Japan, let alone the world, have widescreen TVs. Those with 4:3 even have to watch HDTV shows chopped or in letterbox.

• October 3, 2008 at 4:59 amHikari

I can’t wait till this is subbed!! I hope there’s more of Sunohara in this. He’s a really funny character. Plus, I can’t wait to hear the op/ed. It’s more fun to listen to them for the first time when you watch the episode. I usually like Lia’s song.

• October 3, 2008 at 5:34 amSensei-kun

it’s very weird, but I just can’t shake of the feeling that the girl that dances in the begnning of the ED clip is…

• October 3, 2008 at 5:40 amSensei-kun

aah cr@p, used the wrong spoilers codes _[=]_O

and just watched the ED clip again and now it’s not just feeling anymore that I think that the girl is…

finally did the spoiler code right xD hope that someone can edit my last comment, since it could be a serious spoiler!!

• October 3, 2008 at 6:52 amRurushu

I really miss it… getting the subbed episode :D

• October 3, 2008 at 6:59 ammegalith

@Gundam maniac

No.. Fuuko in the OP.. Disappointing. ME WANT FUUKO!!!!

Anyway I just watched the RAW for fun and I got to say, I need moar!

• October 3, 2008 at 7:02 amAnimeniac

actually fuko show of in the OP song… though, just the back…

• October 3, 2008 at 7:12 ammegalith

@Sensei-kun

Ack.. I’ll pretend I didn’t read that.. Damn where is the MIB Deneurolizer flash thing when you need one. :S

I’ve only gone through the tv series only. :C

• October 3, 2008 at 8:09 amMurasaki Ayame

Well, this really was an introduction episode, this baseball game doesn’t happen in the visual novel… but omg i’m so happy >ww<
    Oh, and btw, for people who are taling about Fuuko being in the opening, (MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD)

• October 3, 2008 at 8:14 amsolgae

Heh, instead of putting Fuuko, KyoAni decided to put Kotomi. Well, they probably want her to get more screentime, since she pretty much get shafted off besides on her own route in the game.

Not to mention Fuuko appeared a little too much on the previous session.

• October 3, 2008 at 8:17 amsolgae

@Ayame: This does happen on the visual novel. It’s more of an omake route, though. You’re responsible to recruit a winning team, which involves recruiting Fuuko, Yuusuke, and Mei. The ‘winning’ team is pretty much what this episode showed except Kotomi (you can’t recruit her at all in the game)

• October 3, 2008 at 9:46 amMk

Expecting more out this sequel since the first one was just ok.

Yuusuke = highlight of the episode :3

• October 3, 2008 at 9:50 amtommykn

thought it may sound cruel now, i hope they won’t change the fact, that nagisa dies – they should keep it similar to the movie, only stretch into the length of a tv serie with more details about the side-characters.

• October 3, 2008 at 10:32 amKinny Riddle

Omni, you can rest assured you’ll be seeing a lot of Yoshino in this series.

Quite a pleasant surprise to start off with the baseball game route, as Omni puts it, it serves its purpose well by pretty much reintroducing everyone to those who had a memory lapse during the interval.

• October 3, 2008 at 10:48 amDan

I am having a theory about how they are going to accomplish the true end while incorperating the sad end.
    I suspect there will be a moment where they flash either flash to the dream world while nagisa is having ushio, or that they will pause and then being in the other world, accomplish the sad end, then it will cue up with Tomoya realizing that he had managed to accomplish the miracle of saving nagisa and allowing the family to begin.
    I remember from the game, there was a brief moment at the very end where he realized sub conciously that he had been there and had managed to go back to collect the lights needed then it pushed foreward again.

I am curious though, because this is just speculation on what they might do. It doesnt really mean it will or will not happen.

Also, in regards to the op and ed songs, I really liked them. They are the kind of songs I would like to get my hands on as soon as possible.
    I guess I’ll just have to wait and see if they do a clannad after ost or not.
    I certainly hope so personally.

• October 3, 2008 at 11:08 amiamandragon

As far as I’m concerned, CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ can NOT go bad, solely for the following three reasons:

1) It’s romance. A romance show can go bad, but if it’s by KEY? That’s one point guarantee.
    2) It’s by KyoAni. Have you ever seen a KyoAni show go bad, especially for these past few years? Another point guarantee.
    3) KyoAni didn’t make anything last season, meaning they saved up a WHOLE season’s budget(and time) to make this. Now, with double the resources for KyoAni, it’d be a miracle if something GODLY doesn’t come out, let alone bad.

What’s your opinion?

• October 3, 2008 at 12:23 pmBobo

24 eps, just to cry at the end? It’s pretty depressing to read in every thread, that this show will make you cry. I really wonder if I should watch it.

Oh, and thanks for the spoiler Sensei-kun. :(

• October 3, 2008 at 12:24 pmBobo

@Dan: Spoiler space, where?

• October 3, 2008 at 2:07 pmSensei-kun

I wouldn’t mind spending 24 episodes to cry at the end, but only if it’s a really good cry ;)

• October 3, 2008 at 3:20 pmlinkthe2nd

Yeahhh, I thought After Story would be 100% Nagisa related but glad to see it’s not. A pretty good first episode, I knew they’d start with the baseball arc. and there’s some pretty exciting things to come. The OP says a lot.
    Fuko is in the opening, just for about 2 seconds, in different clothing. I’m seeing hints for Kappei Takafumi Sunohara/Sanae pair. They better not screw over Kyou again.. I still have hope, but please god do not make it like season 1 again…

• October 3, 2008 at 3:26 pmlinkthe2nd

And now that I think about it, if we go by the light orbs, this would be forced to end as a bad end in the novel because Tomoya failed to get Kyou’s light xD
    Must have missed a flag somewhere.

• October 3, 2008 at 3:29 pmStory

…good lord, I had no idea this was coming out so soon.

O_O

Looks great, though…

THAT HAD BETTER MEAN FU-CHAN WILL BE BACK. THEY TOTALLY COPPED OUT ON BRINGING HER BACK LAST SEASON, LIKE THEY’D HINTED THEY WOULD.

• October 3, 2008 at 5:32 pmFlameStrike

Haha what a nice start, they finally animated the baseball route and a pretty awesome job too. I’ve been looking forward to this all summer and it doesn’t dissapoint.

It looks like they won’t get into the “real” after story stuff for a while, the preview hints at the Mei and Sunohara route, I’m not sure how they’ll pull it off but it was one of the best routes imo so I’m sure kyoani will do it. I had a feeling they’d do something about this since that scene with Fuku in class last season haha.

Does anyone think they’ll show us the Kappei route too? I didn’t see him in the op but there are a few hints…

• October 3, 2008 at 8:08 pmBobo

Well, there are a lot of ppl who enjoyed how Air ended. So if Clannad is similar, then it’s probably not a “good cry” in my book.
    btw. when does the WS version air? In 3 weeks?

• October 3, 2008 at 8:47 pmKanako

i think this is going to be a good series!

• October 3, 2008 at 8:53 pmBobo

Ooops, so it’s 3 weeks, as expected. Only read half of omni’s entry at first to avoid spoilers.

• October 3, 2008 at 9:42 pmNemo_N

I thought the guy in the promo poster was Tomoya.

• October 4, 2008 at 1:48 amFhal

Why do I see a bittersweet ending for this show?

P.S.: Haven’t played the game. Just judging by the comments and extra-material.^^

• October 4, 2008 at 4:11 amExia

lmao at the Yusuuke “FOR THE CHILDREN” moments. that was a good one.

• October 4, 2008 at 8:41 amYukiruchan

I loved the OP. KyoAni makes so lovely OPs! The song is a nice remix of one of the soundtracks too, very nice.
    Only, why is this broadcasted not in widescreen again?! It ruins the mood. Everything is in widescreen nowadays.
    I don’t like the ED at all though. People walking forwards but moving backwards is WEIRD.

That said, I’ve been waiting for After Story, since the better parts of CLANNAD are here rather than in the first season.

• October 4, 2008 at 8:39 pmEvilDevil

poor sunohara… his best scenes are the ones involved him getting his @$$ kick by Tomoyo

• October 5, 2008 at 1:38 amClannadForever

kyaaa~

fuko T___T

• October 5, 2008 at 3:01 pmAsoch3

Ohh, if the after story go for the route that I’m expecting the Yuusuke gets a lot of screen time, especially by the end and probably KyoAni wants to start that and that’s why they brought him back in this episode.

To the people wondering about the good cry ending… I think this is going to be one. And I don’t think is a completely sad… just a bit into reality but keeps the sense of the series… family. At least that’s what I expect.

• October 9, 2008 at 1:41 pmNeo Horizon

I tried waiting for the widescreen, but I lack the willpower. :( I thought it was a great episode and the OP was a lot better than I had expected it to be. The music was just as good as Megumeru (maybe even better actually…) and the animation fit the song well!

• October 9, 2008 at 2:01 pmThe Master of Elements

Is that fuko in the OP?

brill ep! so glad its finally here!

• October 17, 2008 at 1:52 amsadman

LOL Yusuke’s speech was soooo funny

• April 16, 2009 at 4:24 amMonique

Konnichiwa…

…Clanad is a good anime and it also has a good story, i realy wanted to watch clanad after story, i want to know what happened to nagisa and tomoya, in the movie nagisa died i don’t know if its still the same as the episode…

Sayonara