« Allison & Lillia – 25

Allison & Lillia – 26 (END)

Allison & Lillia   26   01 Allison & Lillia   26   02 Allison & Lillia   26   03
Allison & Lillia   26   04 Allison & Lillia   26   05 Allison & Lillia   26   06
Allison & Lillia   26   07 Allison & Lillia   26   08 Allison & Lillia   26   09
Allison & Lillia   26   10 Allison & Lillia   26   11 Allison & Lillia   26   12
Allison & Lillia   26   13 Allison & Lillia   26   14 Allison & Lillia   26   15
Allison & Lillia   26   16 Allison & Lillia   26   17 Allison & Lillia   26   18
Allison & Lillia   26   19 Allison & Lillia   26   20 Allison & Lillia   26   21
Allison & Lillia   26   22 Allison & Lillia   26   23 Allison & Lillia   26   24
Allison & Lillia   26   25 Allison & Lillia   26   26 Allison & Lillia   26   27
Allison & Lillia   26   28 Allison & Lillia   26   29 Allison & Lillia   26   30
Allison & Lillia   26   31 Allison & Lillia   26   32 Allison & Lillia   26   33
Allison & Lillia   26   34 Allison & Lillia   26   35 Allison & Lillia   26   36
Allison & Lillia   26   37 Allison & Lillia   26   38 Allison & Lillia   26   39

「私の王子様」 (Watashi no Ouji-sama)
“My Prince”

Episode at a Glance:
Coming across the woman that led Lillia away, Allison and Treize find out that she was blackmailed and that Treize has been asked to come after Lillia alone if he wants to save her. After handing over a radio headset, the woman faints and Treize is left wondering why the culprit didn’t go after him directly when he knows of his true identity. Travas’ group then arrives and is updated on the situation, after which everyone finds out from the long-haired man (a fan of princess Matilda) that the culprit is Weasel — Prisoner #42, a criminal mastermind who was captured four years ago and is supposed to be locked away in prison for 420 years (e.g. a lifetime). With Allison suspecting that there’s someone backing him, Travas deduces that the only person who could’ve gotten Weasel out of prison legally is cabinet minister Homme, the duke of Vesa. Travas suspects that Homme is after Treize’s life so that his own son would become the only candidate for Matilda’s husband.

Frustrated that Lillia got dragged into this, Treize takes off in a car after the train, while Allison and Travas make their way to the airport to borrow a plane. With only one plane available at the moment, Allison and Travas are surprised to find out that it’s the same model that Allison first took Wil flying in. Stating that they’re off to save their daughter and the prince, Allison calls Travas “Wil” before taking off. Meanwhile, Treize manages to catch up to the train and board it by discarding his vehicle. Onboard, he quickly learns that the emergency brake has been destroyed and that the train is on an unstoppable 75km/h fixed speed. Offering himself in exchange for Lillia’s release, Treize ends up telling her that he’s the prince of Ikstova when Weasel is about to beat him to the punch. Shocked to hear this, Lillia accepts that Treize is Merielle’s unproclaimed twin brother when she realizes it’s the only explanation for what’s going on. She then confirms that Treize intended to hide this from her forever, which she is surprisingly happy about. Weasel on the other hand agrees to let Lillia go, but not before telling Treize that this is his last chance to confess his feelings. With Lillia blushing in confusion, Treize is about to confess when Allison and Travas come flying along.

With Allison flying at dangerously low altitudes, Travas informs them that the track ahead has been destroyed, which Weasel reveals is all according to plan. Hearing this, Treize states the obvious about how he’ll die as well, which Weasel shockingly reveals is also part of his plan. With the brakes destroyed, Travas considers severing their train from the lead one with a grenade launcher, but hesitates due to the difficulty of the shot. Treize then tries to take things into his own hands by sending a flurry of punches at Weasel, who easily dodges them before knocking Treize away. Taking Lillia and Treize to the roof, Weasel forces Travas to discard his gun. Travas then tell Allison to increase their altitude to avoid the forest ahead, but Allison sticks with the train and manuveurs impressively through the trees, leaving everyone in awe despite the few branches she runs into. Travas then calls out for Treize and throws him a rope ladder, which he uses to escape without Lillia. While Weasel and Lillia are shocked that Treize chose to save himself, he soon comes flying back and kicks Weasel in the face. As Lillia and Treize make their escape, Weasel grabs ahold of Treize’s leg as they near the end of the tracks. Despite Lillia’s frantic cries for Treize to take her hand, he apologizes for not being able to answer all her questions, releases the ladder, and goes plummeting into the ravine with the train.

Back in Ikstova, Axe reports that Homme has been confirmed as the culprit, so Travas tells her to exact the proper punishment. However, Treize and Weasel’s whereabouts are still unknown, which leaves Lillia struggling to hold back the tears. Trying to comfort her daughter, Allison explains that she knew about Treize’s true identity all along, but didn’t plan on telling Lillia until Treize did so himself. Upset about not being able to ask him all the things that she wanted to, Lillia is comforted by Fiona who has a feeling that Treize was protected by the goddess of luck. Some time later in Roxche, Treize suddenly shows up at Lillia’s school as a new transfer student and gets a fistful followed by a mouthful from Lillia. With both of them claiming that they still have a lot to talk about, Treize asks Lillia to the school dance, where she graciously accepts his request for a dance.

Allison & Lillia   26   40 Allison & Lillia   26   41 Allison & Lillia   26   42
Allison & Lillia   26   43 Allison & Lillia   26   44 Allison & Lillia   26   45

Impressions:
Amongst the flurry of Snapshots I’ve been posting for the new season, Allison & Lillia’s dramatic conclusion reminds me of why I picked up this series in the first place. In what was a slightly rushed finale, “My prince… is dead!” was all that I could think of when I saw the train Treize was on barreling down the ravine. So as it turns out, Treize was the real target all along and this was just an overly convoluted plan by criminal mastermind Weasel after all. While I did have some qualms with the fact that Allison didn’t try ascending when Weasel was holding onto Treize’s leg (making it a simple matter of whose grip is stronger at that point), watching Treize let go of the ladder followed by Lillia’s reaction was a HUGE jawdropper. “TREIZE!!!” I think I would’ve been tearing up at this point if it weren’t for my firm belief that things would end happily somehow. Naturally they did, but it was completely devoid of any explanation as to how Treize survived, which is my only real complaint about the ending. I was happy that Treize managed to transfer schools to Lillia’s, take her to the school dance, and live with her as a commoner (the latter of which is the impression I got), but my lack of suspension of disbelief at that point made me unable to appreciate that scene to the fullest. Seriously, HOW did Treize survive? -__-;

Other than that, I found it funny how they made it “official” that Travas is Wil with Allison calling him by his real name here, but it was really nostalgic to see them flying together again. Despite being something that we’ve known all along, it was still pretty cool to hear Wil clearly acknowledge his true identity to us viewers. However, I was surprised that they left that fact concealed from Lillia to the very end. So while Lillia learned of Treize’s true identity as the undeclared prince of Ikstova (something that’s actually hidden from the general public as well, hence why he can use his real first name), she still doesn’t know that her father is alive. This was a bit disappointing due to the lack of closure in what was unexpectedly seen during the first half of the series (i.e. Major Stork’s revelation as Allison’s father), but went unseen in what was highly anticipated during the latter half (i.e. Major Travas’ revelation as Lillia’s father). I guess that was overshadowed by the fact that Treize never really confessed to Lillia either, but the ending does indicate well enough the decision he’s made for himself.

Final Impression:
For a series with a 90′s look and feel, Allison & Lillia really screamed “adventure” to me every mini arc. The amiable characters and conspiracy-ridden plots were definitely the best parts of the series, with nothing feeling convoluted in the slightest. There were a lot of hints and subtleties story-wise along the way, which actually made it one of the more difficult shows for me to blog. Because of this, I felt that the series definitely had something worthwhile to tell, seeing as it couldn’t be summariezd in a paragraph or two if one truly hoped to capture the essence of it. In other words, there was definitely good content. Looking back on the series, it really feels like we’ve come a long way since the introduction of Allison and Wil. Reminiscent of the large timeframe encompassed in Itazura na Kiss, I felt that Allison & Lillia did a much better job with the continuity between time skips. The major one of course being the end of Allison’s arc and the beginning of Lillia’s, where the short narration by Lillia really help the transistion. With that said, there’s a lot to say about a series that can be this captivating without relying on sci-fi, magic, or any other “gimmicky” premises. Relying only on its characters and realistic story in a world that resembles our own, Allison & Lillia really establishes as the type of series I’d love to see more of. As such, I’m a bit sad to see it end, but it’s been a fun ride (in planes and trains) the entire way.

Cast:
- Lillia (リリア) / Mizuki Nana (水樹 奈々)
- Trieze (トレイズ) / Yoshino Hiroyuki (吉野 裕行)
- Allison (アリソン) / Kuwashima Houko (桑島 法子)
- Travas (トラヴァス) / Morikawa Toshiyuki (森川 智之)
- Wil (reminiscence) (ヴィル(回想)) / Kumai Motoko (くまい まとこ)
- Benedict (ベネディクト) / Yamadera Kouichi (山寺 宏一)
- Fiona (フィオナ) / Noto Mamiko (能登 麻美子)
- Weasel (ウィーゼル) / Kawashima Tokuyoshi (川島 得愛)
- Axe (アックス) / Toyoguchi Megumi (豊口 めぐみ)
- Matilda (マティルダ) / Fujimura Chika (藤村 知可)
- Merielle (メリエル) / Saitou Chiwa (斎藤 千和)
- Ozette (オゼット) / Hoshino Mitsuaki (星野 充昭)
- Izuma (イズマ) / Nishi Rintarou (西凛 太郎)
- Uno (ウーノ) / Kobayashi Toshio (小林 俊夫)
- Ed (エド) / Konno Jun (金野 潤)
- Long-haired Man (長髪の男) / Kazama Yuuto (風間 勇刀)
- Middle-age woman (中年女性) / Komiyama Eri (小宮山 絵理)

October 3, 2008 at 8:28 pm
  • October 3, 2008 at 8:32 pmK.O.Z

1st!

• October 3, 2008 at 8:37 pmlunchbox

2nd :D

• October 3, 2008 at 8:39 pmJason Isenberg

Fantastic series, it really brought out old fashion into anime of today’s standards. Train’s were my hobby. I really enjoyed them a lot when I was a kid and from this show there was lots and action too. Too bad it’s over but hey it’s worth watching another go of it ^^

• October 3, 2008 at 8:59 pmMyssa Rei

I’m thinking that, while the anime viewers like us will have to fill in the blanks on how stuff like Trieze’s survival actually HAPPENED, the novel readers have a better time of it it. Then again, 200 pages worth of exposition RARELY translates well, especially if those same 200 pages were crammed into a 24-minute anime episode.

• October 3, 2008 at 9:09 pmalliecatt

good series :) real sad it’s ending…
    i don’t know what it was about them but i preferred alisonxwil to liliaxtreize.
    But it’s strange..how DID treize survive? O_O and i completely agree..if alison ascended and flew into some trees, i’m sure weasel would have been knocked off

• October 3, 2008 at 9:13 pmGP

I really thought they’d have Lillia find out Traves is really Wil and so on, but I guess it’s for the best? Maybe she’ll find out at some point in the future or she can go on with her happy life as it is. It really doesn’t matter I suppose.

By the way, for those who know anything about the novel(s), did the anime cover everything that’s been written? Or does it just do what other animes have done before and just cover the first 1 or 2 novels of a longer series?

• October 3, 2008 at 9:15 pmlucky_huh?

i think i was one of the few that love this series dispited people hate, man!!! lillia left/right hook was awesome >:D, now if i just could get hold of the manga, since the novel is way out of my minimal japanese. T_T

• October 3, 2008 at 9:22 pmlucky_huh?

well i still think i prefer trezie, to the stotic will, who became intereting just after the time skip about allison and lillia i prefer the later one,hence there is a reason why lilitore novels is way more popular than allison, and maybe the anime didin’t convey their relationship like the novel does, so i hear.

• October 3, 2008 at 9:25 pmGP

Hmm well looks like the anime covered all the novels out. Oh well, It’s still a good series in the end.

• October 3, 2008 at 9:38 pmMegas

Friggin invicible Treize. Wish I was half as tough, I wouldn’t have broken my leg in that car accident. That’s the deus ex-m for ya. Never a boring moment, never a dying main character, & trillions of loops & holes. I love it.

• October 3, 2008 at 9:40 pmTyper

This show was so boring i couldn’t get past the first episode. Anime is getting crap, reading is so much more interesting =0

Unless you get cool shows like Samurai Champloo, too bood.

• October 3, 2008 at 9:55 pmlucky_huh?

if you want something similar to samurai champloo, i recomend to you to wait fo the new anime from manglobe Michiko and Hatchin i think is called,but it was really cute that lillia got to wear allison dress to the dance to make it fullcycle lol.

• October 3, 2008 at 10:15 pmGundam maniac

Ninjaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It ended already…………..

• October 3, 2008 at 11:01 pmkts

ugh this show is too “white”

• October 3, 2008 at 11:14 pmmango

i really liked this show :) it was something cute and different!

• October 4, 2008 at 1:32 amLayla-san

oh so this is the ending. did travas tell allison and lillia that he was will? i want spoilers. xD

• October 4, 2008 at 2:16 amdivine

Layla-san:
    Allison knew all along, which was pretty obvious throughout the second half the series. Lillia on the other hand was never told, as explained in my write-up above…

• October 4, 2008 at 3:15 amMyssa Rei

Allison knew; heck, she even slipped up and said Wil when ‘Travas’ called her after Lillia and Trieze left for their little holiday.

• October 4, 2008 at 3:47 amChoko

Awesome series! loved it though kinda weird at sometimes. btw, meg and seron made a cameo during the last scene (the ball). would u guys like a meg and seron anime to be made?

• October 4, 2008 at 4:47 amA Anime Loving Republican

So it ends. Gonna miss this show.

• October 4, 2008 at 5:34 amEri

I’ve been waiting for your summary for 2 days!!! I’m glad you updated!

Anyways, I watched the raw episode the other day and got really confused about the turn of events. I was hoping that you would have an idea about how Treize survived and it seems that the anime hadn’t really shown anything about how he escaped from death. So yeah, I guess, the raw I downloaded is complete.

The rushed ending totally frustrated me in a way that I wanted to see more action from Treize and Lillia (in terms of love life) but since this anime doesn’t really focused on the “romance”, I understood a little. LOL. Another thing was that I like to see what happened to Matilda and Merielle…and also I wanted to know if Allison and Travas would marry…I expected that Travas would reveal his relationship to Lillia because of the life-death situation…

This was a sort of “lie low” anime but it totally good!

• October 4, 2008 at 6:02 amdivine

Eri:
    Yeah, I was swamped yesterday with all the new Thursday shows, so I decided to leave A&L for the next day so that I could write it up properly. Sorry to have kept you waiting. :)

• October 4, 2008 at 6:26 am[s]gregor

Great series, I’m a bit disappointed at the ending though since I thought, like allmost everyone else, that Lillia would learn that Travas was her father. Plus, Treize never said it loud and clear that he loves Lillia.

Oh well, on to the next season. :)

• October 4, 2008 at 6:44 amLayla-san

is there gonna be a next season for this?

• October 4, 2008 at 6:55 amdivine

Layla-san:
    Most-likely no, since things were pretty much concluded for the most part.

• October 4, 2008 at 1:36 pmtommykn

i wished that traves would reveal , that he is wil !!! this dumb guy!

it’s just like allison is getting a new boyfriend, while her husband is at work (I KNOW, that traves is wil BUT allison doesn’t)

it’s cheating, since they didn’t break up official or divorce, that is really upsetting!

it’s fine, since year passed BUT for us viewer it was a matter of weeks.

the romantic in this anime was touching, thought unpleasent to watch this timid and shy characters.

• October 4, 2008 at 3:19 pmseltzermx

If anyone here has read the novels, can they confirm that Lillia never finds out about Travas, or if the weddings (Allison/Travas, Lillia/Treize) take place?
    I really am interested in knowing the novel’s ending.

• October 5, 2008 at 2:09 amStei

According to subwire, there is a second series in the works.

• October 5, 2008 at 9:43 amSplash

I am pretty sure they left all of these questions for a second season of the anime. How he survived, Lillia fiding out Wil is her father, and more will probably be covered in season 2. Usually when an anime leaves so many questions its because they already have another season planned. We will just have to wait for 2009/2010.

• October 5, 2008 at 11:58 amVSky

It was a good series to follow, but I do wish they had been a bit more conclusive towards the end. An explanation on how Treize survived as well as what happened to Matilda would have been nice. There wasnt a big reaction to Treize’s “supposed death” from his immediate family – it was as if they knew he’d be back ok. I would have liked to know what happened to “Criminal 42″ and why he was supposed to be dead too along with the Prince. I have my own theories, but I would have liked to see the series view on this.
    I also was of the opinion that Travas’s identity would be revealed to Lillia somehow. A bit disappointed to see this didnt happen – I would have liked to see the father daughter reunion scene, considering Allison never told Wil of her pregnancy and Lillia’s somewhat soft spot for Travas – wondering if he would marry her mother and how lonely he sometimes looked.
    I wish there was atleast one or two more episodes to clear this up. While this was an enjoyable series, I do very much feel that it could have been much much better.

• October 5, 2008 at 12:23 pmEri

@ VSky

I super totally agree with you.

• October 5, 2008 at 12:33 pmVSky

Lolz!!

Thanks Eri :)

A second season would be good and I hope the creators will be able to do a better job, should this happen. Pity this anime didnt become too popular, it is a fairly feel good, entertaining anime :)

• October 5, 2008 at 1:34 pmEri

@ VSky

As for season 2, divine said something that it may not be possible since the show basically wraps up everything…Hoping may be futile for all of us. :(( It’s a shame that the anime isn’t that popular even on blogs like this if you consider the comment count of the series. Let’s just hope that DVD sales will be good so that they may consider doing a special episode or something like that. Hehehe.

• October 6, 2008 at 1:30 ammango

haha i’d say that both treize and weasel fell off the train before it plummeted…treize surviving the fall of course

• October 7, 2008 at 1:50 amLayla-san

who wants a second season here? XD

• October 9, 2008 at 12:53 amNekochi

I heard the ending was somewhat inconclusive in the novels as well. I think that can only mean that Keiichi Sigsawa plans to reveal more through the course of Meg and Seron, since it is set in the same universe and all and at about the same time as Lillia and Treize (Lillia and Meg go to the same school and are friends.) So here’s hoping that this anime receives enough attention for it Meg and Seron to be animated as well. I think it’s likely to since Keiichi Sigsawa’s novels seem to be fairly popular in Japan. *crosses her fingers*

• October 9, 2008 at 10:51 pmEri

@ Nekochi

I am hoping for that too. *crosses my fingers too*

• October 10, 2008 at 8:02 amLayla-san

i wish wil would tell lillia the truth about being his father…

• June 24, 2009 at 3:03 amItsuki

man lillia didnt even get to know that wil is alive D: this ended too fast ill miss these
    series one of the best animes ive seen its just great

• December 29, 2009 at 2:37 amSerj

I really enjoyed this show. It was awesome. The fact that the treasure hunt revealed in the first episodes seems like the plotline for the entire series, and was actually resolved in 3 episodes was really nice and unexpected. That being said, there’s only one thing bugging me. How can semeone standing on the top of a train that run at 70 km/h can surviive a fall into a canyon and still be up to dance 7 month laters? I mean like, seriously ? XD That appart, I would have loved that show to end at 27 episodes, with a lot more time spent on Wil to Lillia revelations, and Treize to Lillia confessions… Nonetheless, it was still a really nice show, that kept my interest up until the end. [but how did he managed to survive that fall D:!!]