CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 17 »« CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 15

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ – 16

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   03
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   04 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   05 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   06
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   07 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   08 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   09
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   10 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   11 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   12
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   13 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   14 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   15
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   16 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   17 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   18
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   19 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   20 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   21
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   22 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   23 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   24
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   25 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   26 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   27
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   28 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   29 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   30
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   31 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   32 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   33
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   34 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   35 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   36
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   37 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   38 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   39
CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   40 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   41 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   42

Summary:

In the illusionary world, the girl who can no longer help build the flying machine wants the robot to stay by her side forever, but the robot knows that he has to go back out for that to happen. In the real world, Nagisa’s pregnancy is progressing through the months, and Sanae and Akio are helping out where they can. Tomoya is wracked with doubt, and he one night talks to Sanae about how Nagisa would be living a different, potentially happier life if she had never met him. Sanae, however, feels that they can’t think about such things. Despite this, Tomoya and Nagisa spend a happy Christmas and birthday together, and he gets her another stuffed dango to go with her collection. Sunohara, Kyou, Ryou, and Kotomi then visit the couple during New Years, and the group gets caught up on how all their other friends are doing. At one point, Sunohara asks Tomoya what it feels like to become a father, and he reveals how he always felt that becoming a parent was something in the future and something that happened like a natural disaster. Tomoya doesn’t have an answer about his feelings, but he does know that this happened because he’s with the person he loves and is living for her sake.

The group then talks about how Tomoya and Nagisa are so far ahead in life compared to everyone else, and the topic of life prompts Kotomi to bring up her research about the hidden world. She tries to explain how their world and the hidden world are deeply connected and have influences on each other, and that leads Nagisa to wonder what the hidden world is like. This triggers a memory in Tomoya of the role Nagisa had played in her high school performance, but he can’t figure out why. In any case, Kotomi also mentions how there might be a number of other worlds, and this reminds Tomoya of how Ryou had once talked about there being many possible futures. Sometime later, Akio finds Tomoya watching the construction of the new hospital, and he observes that the city is ever-changing. People and things cannot help but change – that’s what it means to live. Still having doubts, Tomoya wonders if Nagisa would be well if he hindered the construction, and he feels that he’s going to hate the city. Akio knows that they can’t do anything about it, but he does reveal that he asked that some trees be preserved.

That same day, the city becomes covered in snow, and the trains and cars are unable to operate. It is in this environment that Nagisa gets a fever and goes into labor two weeks early. Yagi, Akio, and Sanae soon arrive to help, and because of the snow, Nagisa is forced to give birth at home after all. Tomoya stays by her side all day and all night, and she loses consciousness a number of times, only to be awakened again by the pain. It feels like an eternity to Tomoya, but as he’s despairing, he suddenly hears the cries of the baby. He gets to be the first one to hold the newly born Ushio, but he then becomes alarmed at how Nagisa is barely conscious. When she does open her eyes, he shows her their baby girl, and Nagisa is glad that she was able to give birth at home. As Nagisa starts to drift out of consciousness again, Tomoya tries to keep her awake by talking about Ushio and how they’ll raise her. Nagisa’s eyes soon close however, and her hand goes limp. Tomoya remembers how she had promised to always be by his side and how he had finally found his dream, but nothing he does now awakens her.

Faced with this, Tomoya remembers all of the time he’s spent with Nagisa, and his memory goes back to when they first met on that spring day. Back then, Nagisa had noted that nothing could stay unchanged, and she had wondered if they could keep loving the school. Tomoya now feels that it would have been better if they had never met and had gone down different paths. He wouldn’t have gone out with Nagisa and married her, and Ushio wouldn’t have been born. If that had happened, then there wouldn’t have been such sadness.

CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   Preview 01 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   Preview 02 CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~   16   Preview 03

OK, that made me cry. I had an inkling of what was coming thanks to all the foreshadowing, but the latter half of the episode was so emotional that I couldn’t help but get teary-eyed. The view from Nagisa’s perspective, Tomoya desperately trying to keep her awake, the music, and the flashbacks – all of it was done so wonderfully, and I still choke up a little every time I rewatch that scene. This would have been an absolutely perfect episode if not for one big snag at the very end: the ED. After such an emotional and depressing episode, such an upbeat ED was completely out of place. You’d think that an event as major as Nagisa dying would warrant a special song and animation sequence, but no, they stuck with the usual, and that was a horrible choice.

That gripe aside, just thinking about Nagisa being dead makes me sad, and it was frustrating hearing Tomoya talk about how it would have been better if he had never met her. It’s an incredibly selfish attitude, and I suspect Nagisa wouldn’t have wanted her life to be any other way. Tomoya needs his friends to slap some sense into him, but if the preview is any indicator, he’ll fall into a bad rut instead. I always thought – aided by how they keep mentioning in the series – that Tomoya was more like Akio, but it occurs to me that his life probably parallels his own father’s more, with him being a single parent (though he’ll probably give Ushio up to Akio and Sanae) and likely depressed all the time. Bad as it may be, perhaps this experience will ultimately lead him to understand and reconcile with his father.

In any case, there are still plenty of episodes left, so the story’s not quite over yet. It’s probably involves life after Nagisa and raising Ushio, and those light orbs also still need to come into play…

January 30, 2009 at 5:20 am
  • January 30, 2009 at 11:57 pmcheers

im gonna kill the next person who says “OMFG MOVIE ENDING CRAP SHIT ANIME WHY DID I WATCH THIS”

ITS NOT THE END YET

• January 31, 2009 at 12:22 amayamin

Just saw the raw…and GAH. CRIED SO MUCH. They did her death scene so well, with the music and the flashbacks.

;o;

• January 31, 2009 at 12:35 amTK

Crap, they killed her, I’m sad :( Now I hope they don’t bring her back to life again…*coughH2Ocough*

• January 31, 2009 at 12:50 amExia

THE ED KILLED THE EMOTION, well what was left after the ed totally gnarfed it up. it was an emotional part tho, with the dying and stuff. quite tragic.

• January 31, 2009 at 12:56 amHighman

Never watched the show, but let I say, Nagisa died GAR, She’ll be GAR Heaven with all the other women who became GAR!

• January 31, 2009 at 1:00 amPYROtechnic

The ending was great and really emotional, but I sincerely hope they don’t ressurect Nagisa like people are saying they will. That would totally destroy the series’ mostly realistic depiction of living life.

• January 31, 2009 at 1:24 amMegas

OK, I will never ever understand WTH GAR is, so I’ll just interpret it as some form of moe that make youngins cry *hopeless emotion*…OK, I really don’t understand it at all. Plz tell me how does an anime character make you cry. I know I’m oldschool & all, but this GAR stuff is just too confusing. Nagisa is clichéd moe to the max, but she’s the type that I would want to end her suffering rather than boohoo about it. I hate seeing weak things like her suffer…bah, I welcome their deaths in those situations. It was the same for Misuzu.

• January 31, 2009 at 1:31 amblank space

If anyone is still doubting that the anime wouldnt have the True End. Think again.

1st Season OP. Remember the first few seconds? The one with Fuko looking at someone? That’s right, it’s the epilogue.

• January 31, 2009 at 2:50 ammegalith

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAMN!!!

STUPID WIKIPEDIA AND YOUTUBE *SS SPOILERS! KILLED THE FRICK’N WHOLE SCENE FOR ME!

I regret it from the bottom of my heart. I regret it! The whole scene was a 10 out of 10. If I only never knew this would happen. I’d be crying like no tomorrow. I felt the emotion though, but I was aware what was going to happen. So it didn’t get me to that point.. to THAT POINT! Damn…. I need a comment ignorer….

So much for the true ending. Well you gotta let go of something when you choose. This is much more of dilemma for me though. Good thing is the scene is awesome, bad thing is it tore apart my favorite couple of all time. Never did bitterness and happiness collide like this for me.

• January 31, 2009 at 3:07 amSilver

@ Megas

Naw, you’re just old so experiences can numb a lot of your feelings. Young people like me and the others are still quite emotional so we can feel sad at things like this. At the same time, young people like Tomoya tends to act a lot more on their emotions rather than thinking it through and being more sensible. Of course, there is people who are more “mature” in this aspect and can make a reasonable decision quicker. It would seem he is not one of those people. Your definition of a “real” person is someone with a brain, body, and experiences. Younger people don’t always have the experience necessary to stop them from acting foolishly due to their emotions and thus sometimes takes much longer to react and make a decision compared to older people. That’s a reason why having a family as such a young age can be problematic. Many younger people think they are mature enough but sometimes that’s just not the case.

• January 31, 2009 at 4:35 amIsayama yomi

Nagisaaaaa!!! omg… my nagisa….

• January 31, 2009 at 5:24 amDoctor Awesome

Gah I haven’t even watched this episode and I’m already starting to choke. OH GAWD WHY?! ;_;

Also the screen-caps show so much epic animation quality. Damn.

• January 31, 2009 at 6:04 amLord_Summoner

finally, inevitable has come, bad choice for tomoya when selecting his reproduction partner, natural selection has won

• January 31, 2009 at 6:37 amAC?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHE IS FINALY DEAD !!!!!!
    THIS MAKES MY DAY !!

• January 31, 2009 at 9:53 amzanzina

one of the most boring, sappy, stupid anime i’ve ever watched =_=”

• January 31, 2009 at 9:55 amzanzina

ROFL – have to agree with Lord Summoner and AC. None of the Clannad episodes makes me cry, they are just stupid – thats all

• January 31, 2009 at 10:42 amAntonioayr

Well if nagisa didnt die the anime will die

• January 31, 2009 at 11:51 amXanathos

I wonder if it’ll be the good ending… i heard that is a big ordeal he have to face, to let a miracle happen. Never mind, great show!

• January 31, 2009 at 12:24 pmteamchancery

dont know why some people saying hope she doesnt come back to life this show has a cat which was reincarneted to talk to a girl!The description of this anime on any site is SUPERNATURAL!

• January 31, 2009 at 12:30 pmteamchancery

***spoiler***
    In the game u have to play the bad ending first where nagi dies and then go back in the game for missing orbes then you get the good ending and seen as how the obes and miracle talk has manifested itself yet there is still hope or they cud use orb to save ushio if anything
    Anyway i believe the next couple episodes will be a dream sequence and when he makes the right decision about summin hell snap back to when nagi is about to die

• January 31, 2009 at 3:08 pmawesomeness

Has… to.. be.. the… worst… ending… ever…
    I always disliked Torch, but after this episode, i absolutely hate it.
    How could KyoAni make such an amazing episode and manage to completely destroy it with the ED.

It just doesn’t make sense… there are so many sad parts to this anime and they have to put a happy song at the end?

Nagisa just died! So let’s put her dancing in the ending! Not funny at all…

• January 31, 2009 at 3:45 pmhum

Why do you Nagisa haters even watch Clannad? What are you expecting to HAPPEN? Yeeeeesh. Cause of now, even if you haven’t played the VN, you should have a feeling how it will end (And I am betting it won’t end happily for you guys at all). Nagisa haters are really REALLY clinging to false hope.

zanzina > And why do YOU even bother to watch Clannad at ALL? Don’t you know when to drop a series when you’re not even remotely entertained by it? So you watch Clannad because it’s stupid? Yeah, that really makes sense.

Any who, tear-jerking episode indeed. I didn’t cry the first time but when I watched it the second time… it was heart wrenching. Only because I wasn’t distracted as much by the subs. And yay, time for some Tomoya emo-ness.

• January 31, 2009 at 3:58 pmDan

@megas:
    GAR is an expression meaning the person is the epitomy of everything that i right about a person. usualy though, it is used in regards to men to describe them as the penultimate in manlyness. Which tomoya has earned IMO able to beatin walls with his bare hands, able to get women pregnant and live on his own working with only 1 good arm. Yeah he deserves it. especially since he could make sunohara into a complete pile of goo which was ritually abused by his own designs. Thats genius right there.

And for the people who are curious about the broken toy. This signifies that during the next episode, sanae is going to convince him to come out on a vacation with akio her and ushio. then akio and sanae are gonna vanish leaving tomoya and ushio alone. Ushio breaks that toy while tomoya and her are waitin, then tomoya fixes it. I am unsure if they will actually start the trip or not in the next episode but what I do know is this will signal the slow emergence of tomoya from his shell and help him to embrace and truly love his daughter.

BTW Nagisa is staying dead untill the end of ushios arc thats all I am saying.

DOnt even look at wikipedia. If you played the game, go back and play it some more.

Me, I am on a quest to figure out what precisely changed about nagisas appearance from season 1 episode 1 up untill now. Somewhere along the lines the woman freaking got older and more mature looking. and I intend to pin down exactly when.

also, still seeking the choir bit. Its not on the clannad OSTs nor the single with torch and the OP.
    Probably will have to wait till an OST for this series is released.

• January 31, 2009 at 4:32 pmMegas

Thanks Dan, that cleared that up quite a bit…no wonder I didn’t understand it.

The choir song is the 6th track in the “Mabinogi CLANNAD arrange album”. Just search for that & you’ll have it in no time.

• January 31, 2009 at 5:01 pmKaisos

@Dan: Nagisa and Tomoya’s gradual aging is, well, gradual.

You won’t find exactly WHEN…

• January 31, 2009 at 5:09 pmDan

No but I am trying to identify her aging through the anime.
    Its just something about their faces which sets off the bells.

@megas: thanks for the alert on which album.
    probably one of the few albums I dont have.
    BTW ever been to misawa? Headin there soon.

• January 31, 2009 at 5:15 pmbrianleung8912

as much as i want tomoya to be with tomoyo… i still want nagisa to stay alive -.- just too greedy i am…

• January 31, 2009 at 5:17 pmLena

Aww, she died?
    Finally!

• January 31, 2009 at 5:34 pmNeppi

There will be a happy end, i’m sure of it. But it will be very unlogical. I don’t hope KyoAni will make it this way. The Ending without Nagisa is sad, sure, but its kind of better. They should continue the story from Ushio and Tomoya. In the VN they suddenly stopped. The VN said, after THIS LAST SCENE of this both, you should play again for reach the happy end. -.- I think the life without Nagisa is more interesting and is more of things that can be happen. KYOANI DONT DO IT IN THE UNLOGICAL WAY T.T

• January 31, 2009 at 7:05 pmMegas

@Dan: I’ve been there a few times during the winter…it just gets cold as hell up there compared to Saitama.

As for Nagisa aging, I saw a slight difference from 9 to 12 & again from 14 to now but maybe the latter was because of her illness going into full effect

• January 31, 2009 at 10:10 pmArtanis

no creo que me atreva a verlo de seguro termino llorando

esta de mas explicar el por que pero hay veces que uno ve algo por entretenerse y terminas mas triste que cuando empezaste

• February 1, 2009 at 1:38 amJay

yay! now the anime can stop sucking.

• February 1, 2009 at 5:20 amSilent Minstrel

This episode is soooo sad that I can’t cry already.

All those Nagisa-haters should go die instead. I will gladly booohooo you guys when you dead.

• February 1, 2009 at 5:40 amDarknessheal

I have to say this is the best drama of the start of the year!!!! T-T

• February 1, 2009 at 6:57 amLord_Summoner

to Hum

As a proud member of Nagisa haters society I must inform you, that the show is not that bad, actually Nagisa has died, maybe more gory death will suit her for ruining the show with her never-ending constant whining, but, we can’t have everything.

We are probably wathing it, because we can bashing it, and that is fun!

• February 1, 2009 at 7:04 amskitt

its time for me to drop this show >.>

• February 1, 2009 at 1:20 pmKabayongtao

@Lord_Summoner
    Fail.

• February 1, 2009 at 1:54 pmDan

24 something hours later…..

Yeah… its in afterstory her aging becomes apparent. Especially starting during the episode where sanae pretended to be sunoharas girlfriend. Mainly notable in the way she began wearing her hair which looks to be a couple inches longer in the latter half of the after story arc. only slightly noticable from beginning of the first season first episode to the end.

Dear god…. what Has science created? I actually hunted that down?

-goes outside to get some remaining sunlight in washington D.C.-

• February 1, 2009 at 4:25 pmfail

@Lord_Summoner
    u fail. go watch naruto and gtfo pls

• February 1, 2009 at 6:17 pmYangorang

Oh noes…Nagisa dead…
    Kotomi FTW…

• February 1, 2009 at 9:53 pmDan

found the choir song.
    6 minutes 28 seconds of pure golden epic.

• February 1, 2009 at 9:56 pmSyllen

link to choir song?

• February 1, 2009 at 10:30 pmUrs

http://randomc.net/image/CLANNAD/CLANNAD%20~AFTER%20STORY~%20-%2016%20-%20Large%2006.jpg Why did something THAT adorable have to die!?!?!?!

And to all Nagisa haters (why you hate Nagisa, nobody will ever know, and you can go die yourself), just writing a comment on here stating that you don’t even like this anime and it’s so funny someone died basically just proved that you have no life.

• February 1, 2009 at 11:25 pmDan

@syllen
    I’ll either have it up on megaupload or put it up on youtube if someone knows how to rip songs from youtube videos.

• February 2, 2009 at 12:59 amSky

As some said, this needs to follow this direction so that, next 3 epis should be Tomoya being depressed, then finding out what happened to his mother by one of his grandparents, and then Ushio dying… Then it will go to the dream world, so that it can be presented the way to change all that happened and have the good ending.. :P

At least its my prediction :P

• February 2, 2009 at 1:28 amtripledouble

about time she died

• February 2, 2009 at 1:30 amtripledouble

wtb more kyou/tomoyo/anyothergirl action

• February 2, 2009 at 3:01 amoctoberasian

I actually cried… so much that I actually was using Kleenex.

I can’t believe this. Even with all the hints pointing towards this, I was really hoping for the opposite.

Dammit!

• February 2, 2009 at 4:00 amani_d

And I was really enjoying watching Tomoya take care of Nagisa. He’s so adorable and sweet. I had a gut feeling she’ll die seeing how Tomoya is so hung up on her but does it have to be this early? =_= Nagisa really annoyed me in the beginning because of her passiveness, and the dango =/, but she kinda grew on me. Anyway, this episode is terribly bittersweet. I can’t wait for the next episode.:( I’ve finally caught up.

Lastly, they never really told us what’s wrong with Nagisa’s body. Her body deteriorates every winter. And what’s causing compromising her delivery? I guess if they say she has to exit, she has to exit…lol

• February 2, 2009 at 7:40 amKakashi_Crusade

i told myself i wouldn’t want to see this episode… but it came anyway…

well, it was still epic (except for the ED)… and to those people who keep on complaining that this was like the movie: people, this is the after story… it’s bound to happen in the game… and the anime…

@Urs: maybe they hate nagisa because she looks weak… it’s different within perspective… still… she’s the best for tomoya…

@Syllen: it’s not in the OST CD… and that BGM also happened to appear somewhere in Kotomi’s arc…

• February 2, 2009 at 8:52 amDan

@ syllen and Kakashi: the song is track six on Mabinogi CLANNAD arrange album.
    Just do a search for that. Megaupload is being a bidddy for me.
    furthermore, its in FLAC so get your best converter ready

• February 2, 2009 at 10:40 amSyllen

FLAC is fail

• February 2, 2009 at 10:45 amSyllen

ok i found the torrent for them and are in mp3 format, hopefully i get some seeds when i get home this afternoon D=

• February 2, 2009 at 11:01 ammiko86

Oh man… I’ve been dreading this episode. I better watch this alone since I don’t think I’ll be able to stop myself with this… Just looking at those snapshots is already making my chest hurts… :(

• February 2, 2009 at 12:35 pmMegas

Those FLAC files were too huge…even converting them to mp3 made them 3 times the size of the regular mp3 files. Normal ppl can’t tell the difference between FLAC & mp3 anyway. So I found the OGG files. They’re the same size as the mp3s & super easy to convert.

Oh yeah, come on ppl, yall really need to get over it. Nagisa was cute and all, but her suffering was much harder on me than her actual death (yeah I know that’s coming from a stoic baka like myself). Atleast she won’t have to die again…I killed her off like 5 times b4 everyone started to figure out how to beat the game.

• February 2, 2009 at 2:21 pmLink_Soul

SHIT why did she have to die? I mean….COME ON! We love Nagisa….i havent watched SEASON 2 and i was waiting for it to get finished before i start it but with this development i dont think i even want to.

Now allow me to curse the writer in my language which is Greek actually:

Γιατι ρε μαλάκα σκοτωσες την Nagisa? Αφου ολοι βλέπουμε το anime αυτό δεν είναι αναγκη να την σκοτώσεις για να γινει πιο δραματικό και να αρχίσουν να το βλέπουν περισσότερος ατομα.

Εισαι μεγάλος μαλακας και αυτό που εκανες ηταν η μεγαλύτερη βλακεία του αιώνα….καλά ίσως η δευτερη αφού πρώτη ήταν να μην κανουν τριτη σεζον για το School Rumble!

ΓΑΜΩΤΟ!

Ok i got that out of my system!

• February 2, 2009 at 8:03 pmSyllen

omg no seeds someone put it on megauploads or something

• February 2, 2009 at 8:54 pmMissy

Oh my god.. This anime is too much sad. I cried so much, I can’t believe this.
    Mmh, it’s weird.. This episode was gorgeous but horrible too.

• February 2, 2009 at 9:26 pmZeke Asch Wilder

I had a feeling that this was gonna happened when I read about Nagisa being weak as a child, and her health not getting any better. I totally cried when I read this. But if Tomoya and Nagisa wouldn’t have gotten together, then baby Ushio wouldn’t have been born, and Tomoya wouldn’t have a beautiful daughter to carry on in her mother’s remembrance.

• February 3, 2009 at 6:37 amTakayuki

I thought this episode was done extremely well. Nagisa’s passing was both touching and dignified. Nagisa could hardly have died with fewer regrets, being surrounded by those who love her. From previous episodes we know that she understood the risk she was taking and was willing to sacrifice her life performing the most important duty she’s had in her short life. Although she barely seemed to grow out of being a meek schoolgirl, and had a weak constitution, that only magnified her noble conduct, which in my mind, has made her the heroine of the series.

• February 3, 2009 at 12:15 pmRyuuya

Dammit… Why Show Spoiler ▼

Tomoya is just being way too selfish… Makes me feel like killing him. And I did cry for this episode. It’s just way too sad that Nagisa dies.

• February 3, 2009 at 11:50 pmDPGuy

Oh well. We gamers knew this would happen.

• February 4, 2009 at 9:20 pmKazesama

I can’t believe nagisa died
    It’s the same that the movie,It’s so unjust
    Nagisaaaa nooooo!!!

• February 5, 2009 at 4:45 amRyuuya

@Kazesama
    Think about this, there’s still like 7-8 episodes to go. It can’t purely just show that Tomoya is depressed all the way. There’s got to be some reasons why there are 7-8 episodes to go. Just note that Show Spoiler ▼

• February 5, 2009 at 11:47 amkts

pffft, if it was tomoyo she woulda pushed out 5 babies!

• February 5, 2009 at 8:41 pmmoondoggiebuiscuit

So its the Butterfly Effect mode for Tomoya now since:

• February 6, 2009 at 1:24 amMax_Otaku

Anyone who has played the Visual Novel knows that Nagisa has to die for the good end to happen. Don’t go by the movie, they never finished the story. If they do this right there should be a good bit of magic involving the dream world and light orbs before this story is done but there still more drama to come. There a still 8 more episodes to come, so there is still a lot more of the story to be told.

• February 6, 2009 at 4:39 amcutemi2

where’s episode 17, Ushio looks like little Nagisa

• February 6, 2009 at 1:28 pmQuen

Dear Nagisa, farewell, you’ll always be remembered here.

• February 6, 2009 at 9:54 pmClannadForever

;___;

nagisaaaaaaaaaaa NOOOOOO.

T-T.

this episode was so sad.

orbs of light revive her!!!! ;____;

• February 6, 2009 at 10:11 pmUrs

@ninja penguin: You fail at life and never deserve to be happy. Seriously.

And I was just thinking, what if Ushio ends up almost dying and then Tomoya gets to use to orbs of light to make a wish and he really wants to bring back Nagisa but he decides to cure Ushio. That could happen actually..but PLEASE BRING NAGISA BACK!!!

• February 7, 2009 at 12:17 amEmily

You people are retarded!
    They are deffinitely going w/ the good ending!
    (maybe)
    See? Ep 17! which means 7 left. SEVEN! a lot can happen in 7 episodes

• February 7, 2009 at 5:58 amTachi

Damn you KyoAni! Damn you, Damn you, Damn you to hell thrice times over! ;________;
    It sucks, because I accidentally read a spoiler about this episode.
    Keeping this in mind, I watched the episode… and I thought since I knew already, it wouldn’t be so painful to see. Alas, I was wrong. I reacted just as bad as i would’ve perhaps even worse.

My head was clogged for hours, my nose as well. My eyes… I’m probably down to 30% percent body water right now. ;______;

KYOANI. DAMN YOU! You and your perfect emotional distressing skills. ;o;

• February 7, 2009 at 9:35 pmCloud

Well, I saw this coming for a long time now, right since the ending showed Ushio I was quite sure they would base pretty much the after story on the Clannad Movie ( at this point I have to agree with kahai, it ewas hard to hear everyone with diferents voices ) that came out time ago. Still, I just love thise series. i loved the first season and I am loving this second season. This series has made me teary so many times o.o; Loved you, Clannad.

• February 8, 2009 at 4:56 amDexter

Is there going to be a funeral episode for Nagisa? Is she going to be cremated or buried???

• February 13, 2009 at 10:00 pmdesho?

OH SHIT.

I THOUGHT THIS A DIFFERENT EPISODE I WAS LOOKING AT.

Well, kudos to me and completely spoiling the series for myself…

Damn it. I was only on episode 3…

• March 5, 2009 at 9:37 pmSusan

I have a feeling she’ll be back.. for the sake of having a different ending from the movie and cause Kyoto Productions seems to have a knack for happy endings..and even if she doesn’t return, I know I’ll watch the last episode with a smile..

please revive Nagisa! ><

• March 14, 2009 at 10:46 pmBeat

At the end of this episode… all i could say was “damn”. Over and over I could only say “damn”. I seriously tried my best holding back my tears but all i could say was “damn”. As much as i saw it coming i just kept saying “damn” cause i was crying. Why man, why did Nagisa have to die?

• March 16, 2009 at 2:50 amChaos

i died a little after watching this episode.

• August 28, 2009 at 4:25 pmstarss

I didn’t cry as much as I had expected to. But KyoAni delivered in spades.

• November 23, 2010 at 7:39 pmZangkin

I’d have to agree with everything you said. The ending was so sad that i got teary-eyed. The most perfect and emotional production of the ending was that episode. Also yeah, what’s with the ending. They stuck with the usual song and i felt that it was kind of stupid. Nagisa doesn’t get her own special song right after she dies? What’s with that? Anyways, I’ve already watched this anime and loved it. I also love your blog so keep it up.

• « Older Comments