Bleach – 210 »« Bleach – 208

Bleach   209   19 Bleach   209   20 Bleach   209   21
Bleach   209   22 Bleach   209   23 Bleach   209   24
Bleach   209   25 Bleach   209   26 Bleach   209   27
Bleach   209   28 Bleach   209   29 Bleach   209   30
Bleach   209   31 Bleach   209   32 Bleach   209   33
Bleach   209   34 Bleach   209   35 Bleach   209   36

Summary:

There have been some strange deaths recently in Rukongai involving people who are disappearing out of their clothes. Kensei and his men have been sent to investigate, and they come across a large Hollow about to eat a group of boys. They manage to save the boys and defeat the Hollow, and afterward, Kensei tries to get one of the boys to stop crying. This boy’s name is Hisagi Shuuhei, and the 69 imprinted on Kensei’s stomach makes a big impression on him. Kensei’s vice-captain Mashiro then comes running because she found several sets of Shinigami garb, and this leads Kensei to realize that these belong to the first Shinigami victims. He suspects that there might be a pathogen at play, so he sets up camp outside for the night and sends one of his men to get help from the 12th division. Urahara decides to entrust this task to Hiyori, however she doesn’t set out immediately. Later that night, Kensei hears a commotion outside the tent, and he finds three of his men slain. The fourth is taken down soon after, and Kensei himself is then enveloped in a certain darkness. Inside this darkness, Kensei gets stabbed from behind, but he manages to turn around and recognizes his assailant.

Bleach   209   Preview 01 Bleach   209   Preview 02 Bleach   209   Preview 03

This was another episode that followed the manga pretty closely, covering just about two chapters, and I think the only significant new stuff was the extra Hisagi Shuuhei screentime. It’s interesting to see them expand on how Shuuhei, despite being a crybaby, had some redeeming traits even back then with how he tried to hold off the Hollow by himself. What bothers me a little is that it took Kensei and his men so long to defeat this almost garden-variety Hollow – a single slash down the middle is all it really should have taken.

The other thing I wanted to note was that seeing this stuff in anime form led me to realize that there were a lot of clues I missed about the perpetrators back when I read the manga. I think just having it animated makes certain things a bit more obvious, things which should come to light in the next few of episodes. Speaking of which, apparently there are going to be only three more episodes in this flashback arc before returning to non-manga material (the Karakuraizer for episode 213) and probably a full-fledged anime original arc soon thereafter.

March 4, 2009 at 6:12 am
  • March 4, 2009 at 6:18 amkazenokoe

back to fillers?? Oh well can’t be helped. Just hope they give us something half decent

• March 4, 2009 at 6:31 amSuperlanboy

Well it’s catching up to the manga really fast so they have no choice really. Unless they stop it for year which I can’t imagine them doing.

• March 4, 2009 at 6:40 ambrianleung8912

kensei is DBZ hench ;)(Y)

• March 4, 2009 at 6:56 amEspada

@kazenokoe i hope it will not happen T___T

• March 4, 2009 at 8:12 amnutsy

• March 4, 2009 at 8:14 amarc

How is this a filler, this is part of the manga. Eventually they go back and the fight in karakura town. Captains and vices are like defending these four pillars and one is already down. Ichigo gets beaten up by Ulquiola in hueco mundo and back to the waiting board then until more comes out. Right now the last part has Ulquiola attacked by Ishida/Orihime or something and Ichigo is like near dead pretty much.

• March 4, 2009 at 8:48 amNightflame

@arc: you know of the usage of the spoiler tags?

but yeah, it’s not a filler. but maybe you ( kazenokoe ) doesn’t want to know about them…

• March 4, 2009 at 9:17 amJohn Tokyo

i think they still have enough material to keep going, it is about time they start another anime arc if they drag this whole thing for too long then there is going to be a problem cuz when i read the manga they are not to far behind. this aizen thing is getting kind of annoying they should kill him already and another thing is somebody always has to come save ichigo’s ass everytime he is becoming a weak character (grimmjow, kenpachi, now ishida/orihime) i guess its right to say he can,t fight one on one anymore.

• March 4, 2009 at 9:30 ambrianleung8912

@arc probably everyone else that wonder y he says that…

Quote from last paragraph of this post: “Speaking of which, apparently there are going to be only three more episodes in this flashback arc before returning to non-manga material (the Karakuraizer for episode 213) and probably a full-fledged anime original arc soon thereafter.”

• March 4, 2009 at 9:36 amShunKyuubi

Of course, ‘kazenokoe’ was referring to the upcoming fillers after the TBTP arc that Omni mentioned… unless you guys didn’t pick up on that. =)

A whole filler arc is inevitable… (Bount, please come back. LOL!)
    I just hope there won’t be anymore stupid cake episodes. ^_^

P.S.
    Is anyone else disappointed by Kensei’s Shikai? In the manga it looked like more of *boom* or probably because the strings of wind cutting up the Hollow weren’t given much emphasis… or I was just probably hoping it’d look like his move on Bleach Heat The Soul 5… moving on.

• March 4, 2009 at 9:55 amRagna

Frankly, the current Espada arc running in the manga is by far the most boring of the Bleach storyline so far, and I seriously wouldn’t mind if they played a bit more with the Swing Back the Pendulum arc. The Vizards are certainly a lot more interesting than Ichigo and Ulqiorra.

• March 4, 2009 at 11:53 amredX

kensei is so funny when he tried to forced shuuhei to smile XD
    but yeah I wouldn’t mind if they played around with this arc longer….manga isn’t that great..

• March 4, 2009 at 12:08 pmPanther

Yes especially the part where Kensei got stabbed right at the end, and how Tousen was a part of the 4 during the guard duty phase.

• March 4, 2009 at 12:21 pmJohn Tokyo

@panther
    i think it was tousen that killed them isn,t that the same thing he did to kenpachi when the whole place went dark so much for all that justice crap he was talkin about if you watch the episode again its looked like tousen wasn,t happy with his squad.

• March 4, 2009 at 2:07 pmiidingoii

this is just a guess ,but I’ll betcha next arc(in the manga) will be an all out battle against the Vizards, that is if they don’t come out and finish the espadas off right now because they would be considered allies then, sigh. I want to see their hollow forms so bad….

• March 4, 2009 at 3:03 pmCheshire Lion

I haven’t read the manga but I think where this is going is pretty obvious too. I’m not always great at guessing where things are going (because I usually don’t care to speculate) but suddenly I felt like “ohhhhhhhh, so that’s what happens.” Hopefully it’ll be fun to watch or I’m wrong in my assumptions but I strongly believe it’ll be the former if it’s either.

• March 4, 2009 at 4:26 pmwoo

what’s the name of the guard with the white make on his face with goggles?

• March 4, 2009 at 5:21 pmbob

^ Kaname Tousen

• March 4, 2009 at 6:27 pmCheshire Lion

@Bob

I thought that’s who it was until he got destroyed by (what appears to be) Tousen, of all people.

• March 4, 2009 at 6:34 pmJT

If you notice, the anime refrained from showing the scene whereby the three men comment on the deaths, afraid of revealing their voices, thus revealing their true identity.In the manga, they comment on the deaths. This means that there is a potential surprise later on.

• March 4, 2009 at 7:01 pmDragoZERO

More fillers!? WHY!? WHY!? I rather hiatus.

• March 4, 2009 at 7:57 pmSturmwind

22nd

• March 4, 2009 at 9:39 pmCraig

Why do I have a feeling that guy with the white mask is Show Spoiler ▼

. I’m not sure, but I’m getting kinda suspicious of him especially since they don’t show his face.

• March 5, 2009 at 1:18 pmMike

Whoever played Bleach Soul Carnival on the PSP should know what Karakuraizer means LOL!

The Karakuraizer is Kon.

• March 5, 2009 at 3:42 pmANDHREX

Tousen y la CTM!!!!!

• March 5, 2009 at 4:05 pmseung

did anyone else find that green haired girl extremely annoying? I really hated the voice.

• March 5, 2009 at 11:19 pmAsh

@seung

I believe that was the idea and she isn’t that bad from what I remember of the vizards arc. Way back when.

• March 6, 2009 at 12:01 amJJ

tousen faked his death, the masked guy was tousen after all. and the darkness was tousen’s move.

• March 6, 2009 at 1:36 pmDisillusion

@DragoZERO

I agree with you.

These fillers only drags out the series to ridiculous
    lengths. I have no problem with 200+ episode series
    as long as I’ve seen them from start to finish but all
    this dead wood really isn’t necessary.

They should just take a break.

• March 7, 2009 at 11:54 amDamn.

@Disillusion

It would be better if they just went on hiatus. I don’t really like filler episodes,as they aren’t superior to the original storyline.

The last filler was horrible, the 3 characters (that girl, some guy and some other guy, look, I even forgot their names, that’s how much I don’t care for them) from that filler is just…boring.

It’s like when they were on hiatus to produce us episode 166 (remember the Ichigo Vs. Grimmjow fight?) That was pure quality in terms of animation and all.

I would rather have quality episodes, rather than dull episodes like the Bleach filler episodes.

But, the only filler that I thought was decent, was the Bounto filler arc, but that’s it.

• March 8, 2009 at 4:33 amknight of one

well, i didn’t realize that they will give Tousen extra airtime in this ep, for Tousen was not introduced until late in the arc, and i didn’t realize that it was Tousen for the mask doesn’t show.

• March 8, 2009 at 4:35 amknight of one

kurotsuchi looks cute……i cannot iamgin comparing him to hi long chin, twisted ears, all black face paint look……..or the newer one in the hueco mundo arc.

• March 9, 2009 at 8:53 pmCourt

In the past oh 50 episodes a couple things have started to bug me.

Ichigo, Sado, Uryū, and Orihime no longer progress. Each one got a new toy, but that barely brought them up to par. Everytime the use the new toys they loose anyway. The captians that they fought in the early portion they were close to or equal to several captians. Now the captians are gods compared to the main group.

Every other soul reaper even without bankai have several attacks, the closest thing Ichigo has is white and black version of Getsuga Tenshō. And the voice changing mask, fights continue the same once he puts it on he just takes longer to be knocked down.

Speaking of Bankie, Espadda have so much power, yet not a single one has achieved bankai?

• March 10, 2009 at 2:33 pmReacshion

Honestly after 200 episodes Ive finally given up on this series. I can’t push myself to watch this stupid crap anymore, now it’s just them trying to make crap jokes each episode and pretty much the same ongoing shit episode after episode. How the hell did they cancel D.Gray man but they wont cancel this shit.

• March 11, 2009 at 3:30 pmAsh

Next episode- Get really for Mashiro and her amazing monochrome Hollow Pants! :p

• May 15, 2009 at 6:01 pmbini

there were another character that was shown in this episode, that has a figure in the future. the kid hiyori was fighting in the lab, grew up to be one of the scientiests in mayouri lab.