And Then We’ll Do It Again… »« When Will Endless Eight End?

Suzumiya Haruhi 2009 – 14 (Endless Eight)

Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   01 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   02 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   03
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   04 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   05 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   06
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   07 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   08 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   09
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   10 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   11 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   12
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   13 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   14 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   15
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   16 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   17 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   18
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   19 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   20 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   21
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   22 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   23 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   24
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   25 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   26 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   27
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   28 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   29 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   30
Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   31 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   32 Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   14   33

Since this episode was basically the exact same as last episode, I’m not even going to bother with a summary this week. All of the changes were relatively minor (their clothes, Yuki wearing the mask this time, Haruhi not needing to be prompted about cicadas, and so on), though Kyon was slightly more suspicious this time around. Like last week, Kyoto Animation reanimated everything from different angles and with different shots, and it sounded like all the lines were re-recorded too. I’m sure by the end of all this, if not already, the voice actors will be able to recite those lines by heart.

I can’t decide if Kyoto Animation is doing this to troll us, or if they’re buying time so that they don’t have to actually cover all that much new material, or if this is stunt for the sake of pulling a stunt, or what. Whatever the reason, as I said earlier, I’m really hoping that they don’t do this for eight straight episodes or for the rest of the season. I wouldn’t put it past them though, and I’ll probably go into next weeks episode expecting it not to conclude again.

July 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm
  • July 2, 2009 at 10:55 pmn3wgrass

wooohoo

• July 2, 2009 at 10:57 pmUltimate

I really liked the last episode and was expecting this one to see how it’ll end, but wtf! Why extend this arc to 4 episodes?

• July 2, 2009 at 11:00 pmUltimate

Whoops, i forgot to mention
    But next episode will be loop 15500, right? It makes sense to end the arc in that one

• July 2, 2009 at 11:02 pmTravis

If they were trolling, they’d just reuse everything, and not spend a huge amount of time and money redoing it each time.

• July 2, 2009 at 11:06 pmAir

Man.. God really doesn’t want to do his homework. I guess he just want to play.

• July 2, 2009 at 11:13 pmÐNA›

Why oh Why poor Kyon and his ASSIGNMENT anywaysz Can anyone tell me which subber should i download cause the last episode i downloaded from chihiro was too bright hmmmpF!

• July 2, 2009 at 11:25 pmfragbet

We’re not done yet WTF? KyoAni is REALLY pushing it. Still at this rate its going to be nothing more than animated cosplay >_<

• July 2, 2009 at 11:27 pmPalvati

AUUUUU Uuuuuu BBBBUUUU

MARIA DON’T LIKE THIS!!!!

I think the fishing scene is new…

@DNA, try a.f.k

The entire season (how they are replaying first season too) just seem to milk Haruhi… and new light novel still didn’t come out

They will probably end it with the Yuki Arc…

26 weeks, 14 will be taken by 1st season…
    That leaves 1 + 4 endless summer eps, so we have 7 eps left..

I wonder how many other story they will fit in, since Yuki Arc will be really long

• July 2, 2009 at 11:32 pmKagekyuubi

Funny thing, I’m pretty much in the same situation here since my holidays have been extended another week (3 weeks in total) due to swine flu damage control and I still haven’t done my homework.

Keep on trolling kyoani!

• July 2, 2009 at 11:49 pmmohawk

the first season was really nice but now it’s like repeating the same thing. would be nice if they make some funny short scenes this tyme around if the episode was pretty much the same thing as last week

• July 3, 2009 at 12:02 ammsgundam2

kyon needs to just raep Haruhi and get it over with

• July 3, 2009 at 12:10 amLeon

All these are to show how bore Yuki is and why she did what she did in vanishment.

• July 3, 2009 at 12:11 amWow god damn

wow fuck them. More repeats.

• July 3, 2009 at 12:11 amHuitzi

Yo pienso que este era originalmente el capitulo 2 de Endless eight. Pero como no alcanzaba la calidad de lo que debiera tener un capitulo de Suzumiya, crearon otro (el capitulo 13).

Pero como no querían (Kyoani) desperdiciar su inversión, y aprovechando la popularidad de Haruhi y el hecho de que es (Agosto Infinito), nada mas modificaron el 8 x el 9 (15,498), y lo transmitieron.

En resumen:
    chapter 14-Original- transmitted only for not lose money.
    chapter 13-remake- best quality

• July 3, 2009 at 12:18 amahelo

WOW. THAT WAS A USELESS EPISODE

• July 3, 2009 at 12:22 amnapen

maybe kyoani wants the viewers to share the feeling of how an endless cycle is like, vice versa.

• July 3, 2009 at 12:31 amChimasternmay

we waited a long time for season 2 how about waiting few more weeks or 1 more for the next arc. not that much to wait.

• July 3, 2009 at 12:39 ammb

Harem leads are always claiming to want ‘these times to go on forever.’ Well there you go, harem leads. Enjoy the show.

• July 3, 2009 at 12:41 amroger

What the heck!!! Again? I hope they dont plan to do it for 8 episodes.

• July 3, 2009 at 12:52 amEldrs

• July 3, 2009 at 12:58 amyuuji

endless eight…make sense to have 8 endless eps LOL

• July 3, 2009 at 1:05 amSammy

It isn’t freakin’ trolling when every episode is so different, sheesh. I’m loving the hell out of this new season. They are hitting the sweet spots just as hard.

• July 3, 2009 at 1:12 amMeery

Well, we’ve been asking for new Haruhi for years, sooo…

While these repeats are sort of tedious to the mind, I will have to say, seeing Yuki in a new dress and mask every week will never get old. Also, http://randomc.net/image/Suzumiya%20Haruhi/Suzumiya%20Haruhi%202009%20-%2014%20-%20Large%2029.jpg ftw.

• July 3, 2009 at 1:17 amfragbet

On hindsight, all the Haruhi fanboy rage across the internet is an amusing read to say the least.

• July 3, 2009 at 1:30 amAnony

Damn..
    Haruhi sucks, drop this show already

• July 3, 2009 at 1:37 amSol

Last time Kyon wondered how did Yuki feel all this time. Well now we can understand her in a way. Btw, the less they show us in this season, the more material they will have for the 3rd one, ne?
    @Meery
    So she had vocal training for several hundred years. It figures why she was that good in 12th ep. first season)

• July 3, 2009 at 2:31 amShin

This is the best way to learn Japanese. Every week, tune in for a similar episode and maybe you’ll pick up a new phrase that you may have missed!

• July 3, 2009 at 2:46 amRay

KyoAni should have just told those who wants the endless feel to rewatch the previous episode.

• July 3, 2009 at 3:46 amShinzo

Really we waited so god damn long and now they make us watch Episodes of the 1st season. Ok, thats sh**. But now they going to make an Naruto-like filler thing. Couldn’t they just put this repeating event in 1 or 2 Episodes. 1 Episode to show WOW it’s repeating and the following with the resolution. For gods sake if they make another Episode of this bullsh** with no conclusion I drop this show. Lateley there are many (all) shows that disappoints me but this is really enough. Really I’m starting to hate anime or better they people that decides to do such things to the viewers. There are so much materials (sometimes really good stuff) out there novels/mangas (especially Haruhi), games and whatever and we only get the same old sh** to watch (no real end or fucked up end or not the original end or fillers like hell) and endure it with the hope it (the animes) will probably be better next season. IF the producers want that we the viewers buy the DVDs and whatever more, then make the Anime worth it. But thats sadly no the case in almost all animes today. So that’s it.

Sorry for rude words and my bad grammar.

• July 3, 2009 at 3:59 amShiroiRyu

MOUAHAHAH !
    And some love this episode, i’m sure.

• July 3, 2009 at 4:29 ambaka~

watching the contents of this ep for the 3rd time made me feel queasy. honestly, their trolling already erected a tombstone for haruhi. all it needs is for people to bury this and place the epitaph… remember when haruhi was fun?

• July 3, 2009 at 5:10 amMighty Mouse

Here’s the schedule guys: http://oresama.pl/index2.html

• July 3, 2009 at 6:05 amExia

I will drop this if they do this for another 2 more episodes.

• July 3, 2009 at 6:30 amtrebors

5 episodes to go!

• July 3, 2009 at 6:39 amNalface

Crappy episode. New scenes alright, but mostly just still images.

WTF is going on… Sure, it sounds “cool” to keep repeating the same arc to give the viewer the same feeling… Here’s how I see it:

this is a GREAT idea for the production company: possible reuse scenes/voice, without having to cover too much new material

but for viewers, it is f’king bad idea, because it airs only once a week, with very little story movement.

Hence, the fact that KyoAni decided to repeat this arc again suggests that they are on their high horses, sneering down at fans. Someone please knock them down and f’ck them in the neck.

There’s this chinese saying “No more than 3″. I think they’ve really pushed it this time. First, a 3-year wait before a RERUN, then this…

• July 3, 2009 at 6:52 amLys

@Palvati: You mean 9 episodes left yea? This is the halfway mark. There are only 4 left of the original…so 10 if you don’t count the next endless eight.

• July 3, 2009 at 7:09 amEd

he invites haruhi to do summer hw with him

there you guys

no need to waste time watching the rest of the arc

• July 3, 2009 at 7:22 amkliajb

I think what Koizumi said to Kyon during the star gazing may be a hint..? =\

• July 3, 2009 at 7:25 amHoHo

Even if it’s like this. I’m sure that all fan boys/girls still praise KyoAni for doing something so gutsy and so unique. lol Seriously, only this franchise can do this and still get a lot of attention.

• July 3, 2009 at 7:29 amNalface

Back from re-watching the episode another 3 times… sorry for the outburst, but I stand by the poor quality in this episode (lots of distance shots, and still scenes… any sometimes, Kyon’s feet look unbelievably small).

Anyway, my previous comment was the result of my pent-up frustration after waiting for a full week, and leaving work early today (there goes another 1/2 day of my annual leave) to watch this episode, just to find the episode to be another facet to the whole Endless Eight ordeal.

Anyway, after watching it another 3 times, I guess it’s alright. Anything for my beloved Nagato.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go re-read the first volume of Suzumiya Haruhi’s novel. Got it in the mail a few days ago.

• July 3, 2009 at 8:32 ammice

it certainly sucks when they doing this same ep again…but it kind of gets me really interested now. (i even come here to read comments of others, which i never did…)
    the producer certainly used their brain before doing this show, unlike most of the others…

• July 3, 2009 at 8:36 amTyrael

the 2 episodes sugests that the same “omg we are in a time loop because of haruri!” situation have happened in the 1449 times so the “bah! i wont do the homework because it will loop again” have happened 1449 times too they didnt realized it just in the 1448th repetition but in all of them.

• July 3, 2009 at 8:41 amoutcast

This does not make for a good 2nd time rewatch show heh

• July 3, 2009 at 8:56 amahelo

@ Mighty Mouse

lol’d at that. Hope it doesnt happen

• July 3, 2009 at 9:27 amLQY

Viva la KyoAni! Viva!

• July 3, 2009 at 10:12 amSteelman

It might be just me, but I found this episode to be awesome. I mean… showing the same set of events for the second week in a row (third if you include the 1st time loop repetition), but with all new animation and re-recorded? This is pure win.

Not all awesome things have to be fun. The whole point of the repetition is to show how freaking boring it is, and hell, they did so magnificently.

Plus… after watching this episode, I finally got an epiphany at the end and realized how they are going to stop the loop (which I then confirmed looking at the novel translation). In my opinion, too many of you (including Omni) spoiled yourselves by reading the solution before figuring it out. If you hadn’t, you could have realized that the subtle differences among the three episodes had actually been engineered to lead the viewer to the solution. So again, kudos to KyoAni, this is a work of genius.

• July 3, 2009 at 10:57 amConfusedGirl29

wow everyone is complaining…

• July 3, 2009 at 11:03 amDavid

This episode was stupid. I thought I was watching episode 3 for awhile. I watch this show to be entertained. How is an identical episode suppose to be entertaining?

• July 3, 2009 at 12:04 pmShiirn

What nobody seems to notice is that the mask scene has huge meaning behind it – it’s probably the only time in the entire loop that Nagato has any control over what happens herself.

• July 3, 2009 at 2:02 pmkamisama

i think next EP it’s about end for Endless Eight (because it past 8/8 in next week)

• July 3, 2009 at 3:22 pmKinny Riddle

Now this is getting a bit ridiculous, instead of a trilogy, we’re now getting a tetralogy of the same thing? (And please don’t be let it be a pentology. )

Perhaps this is Kyo-Ani’s ploy of allowing us to experience how exasperated Yuki is in experiencing the same thing over and over again? If that was their aim, then they have succeeded brilliantly.

Poor Yuki.

• July 3, 2009 at 3:30 pmKinny Riddle

Forgot to add, it seems Kyo-Ani isn’t content with a number as incomplete as 15,498 and 15,499 and seems intent on rounding it up to 16,000 by next week. So HOPEFULLY this endless saga ends by then.

• July 3, 2009 at 3:37 pmRJ TAYLER

Boy am I getting a DOCTOR WHO flashback here or what and that show only did it for 2 episodes! Ok if it continues I AM playing a drinking game to relieve the:

BOREDOM of a Harhuist viewer

• July 3, 2009 at 3:51 pmKinny Riddle

Oh crap, this is what happens when you try to perform grade school arithmetic with a sleepy head in 3am in the morning. I meant 15,500 times, not 16,000 times. LOL

• July 3, 2009 at 3:51 pmSol

They sure are pulling some stunt. I just hope that was worth it. If next week Yuki gets hinamizawa syndrom L5, I will lol to death, ’cause it’s just what I would think about by 15500 loop.
    Go Yuki! Make those KyoAni bastards pay!

• July 3, 2009 at 3:53 pmKinny Riddle

Testing spoiler tags, please ignore this post.

• July 3, 2009 at 3:57 pmKinny Riddle

There is a very good reason why Kyo-Ani is allowing us to share Yuki’s frustration with having to experience this loop again and again:

• July 3, 2009 at 5:20 pmFullMetalQAF

You know what, I don’t really care how many times they re animate this episode, just being able to watch these characters is enough for me, This show just makes my day, and besides, it’s cool to see the same scenario with sutble differences and from different angles! XD

Haruhi & KyoAni FTW!

• July 3, 2009 at 5:46 pmAir

@Leon
    @Kinny Riddle
    DING DING DING!! And we have a winner…..

Yuki is slowly going BAT SHIT INSANE….

Just look at how pissed we all are at only 3 loops.

• July 3, 2009 at 6:59 pmroger

• July 3, 2009 at 7:36 pmhurr

Is it just me or is the animation waaaayy better than the previous weeks?
    Everything is so…shiny.
    But this is just from looking at the pictures

• July 3, 2009 at 9:39 pmmagnumslinger

Okay, now this is getting ridiculous. This chapter in the novels wasn’t that long. Hopefully they’ll still be able to make the Dissappearance arc 6 episodes worth.

• July 4, 2009 at 2:50 amnightmare

ENDLESS means ENDLESS..this is never gonna end, ever.

• July 4, 2009 at 2:58 amOmni

Kinny Riddle: I think they could have accomplished that by giving extra emphasis to Yuki and not by forcing the viewers to go through it four times or however many it ends up being.

• July 4, 2009 at 3:08 amphm

Ok this is really annoying. It’s clearly an abuse of the haruhi fantom. I think KyoAni Crossed the line this time…

“kyon needs to just raep Haruhi and get it over with”

Sooo true.

• July 4, 2009 at 9:01 ambrianleung8912

the “recaps” were only half an episode long, wif slight modifications, so i wasnt that bored… however i think they could do with shrinking the “recap”… people pretty much caught on when kyon was cheering for the losing team.

• July 4, 2009 at 11:33 amShinigamiJr.

@ msgundam2 + phm

That happened on the 7847th time…… didn’t work.

• July 4, 2009 at 3:10 pmnapen

Check this out:
    New Ending for Suzumiya Haruhi. ep8 and ep14 comparison.

• July 4, 2009 at 5:23 pmLys

@roger: Look at the dates listed, they don’t even have the 3rd Endless Eight listed yet. The wikipedia page is more accurate…

• July 4, 2009 at 5:25 pmLys

Nevermind…they do. But they do have episodes repeated at the bottom…my bad.

@napen: Maybe I need to watch them in full screen, but what are the differences?

• July 4, 2009 at 9:47 pmnapen

@Lys in the first half, the on/off screen effect animation shows different image, bottom example has more fuzzy appearance for characters (as if they are disappearing).

• July 5, 2009 at 12:28 amnapen

@Omni, the guy updated the comparison clip

• July 5, 2009 at 12:55 amHealer

u_u so boring this episode

• July 5, 2009 at 3:36 amMaedhros

Seriously, this is all bullshit. Another fanservice episode for the crazy fans of Haruhi… =/
    I already read the novels… I don’t see Yuki going crazy there on Endless eight (maybe a little bored) and this leading her to do the events in Dissappearence…
    The novels ended this really fast, I mean, we just have see it happening one time in it.

Kyoto Animation is really trolling us. Unless they’re counting this mini-arc as just ONE episode. I doubt it.
    They could have ended it in two episodes… but there a plenty of things (fanservice) they can put on this episode… maybe it’ll really last for eight episodes…

Retard as hell.

• July 5, 2009 at 6:41 amLeo

Hmm I wish they would replace some of the activities like the bon fire or something with a different loop, as Yuki mentioned sometimes they did some different things. KyoAni would still be making their point.
    But this does at least give the second season something to talk about :P

• July 5, 2009 at 11:08 amMappy

The most interesting thing about Endless Eight isn’t the arc, itself, which is money-saving mindless bullshit trolling on the part of KyoAni, but the reaction to it on various forums and blogs, like this one.

This isn’t necessarily a good thing.

• July 6, 2009 at 2:43 pmDave_K

So, how many people are going to scream when this all comes down to Kyon not doing his homework?

• July 6, 2009 at 3:46 pmGoliath

I’m kind of hoping that all of the Endless Eight episodes only count as one episode against the 28 total.

1. Obviously it’s really disappointing to think that after years of waiting for a new season, KyoAni is just throwing away the opportunity to tell additional stories.
    2. The episodes’ names are all the same… It’s not Endless Eight part 1, Endless Eight part 2, Endless Eight part 15498, etc. which could imply that these are all the same, singular episode.
    3. It makes sense from a story telling stand point… because Haruhi keeps resetting time, when it’s all said and done, the universe will have only experienced Endless Eight once.
    4. Throwing people’s sense of production numbering askew completely fits and feels right in grand-Harui-scheme of things.

• July 7, 2009 at 1:16 pmjner

haruhi: come to the clubroom the day after tommorow
    Kyon: here it is again… deja vu! (Change of heart suddenly appears)
    Kyon:haruhi i love you
    Haruhi:argghhh thank god you said that… then i will not repeat the summer again

All viewers: WTF!!!!!!

• July 8, 2009 at 8:28 amRoomCleaningStop!

Now that was some QUALITY animation. In before next episode is a picture drama.