Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season – 15 »« Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season – 13

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season – 14

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   00
Hina wins the 2nd season popularity contest by an absolute landslide. Would we have it any other way?

Seriously now, was there really any contest here? Hina blows the “competition” out of the water by a huge margin. Even Maria was a distant second with her paltry 1814 votes. I was a bit surprised to see Izumi place higher than Sakuya and Isumi, but I guess the real shocker was the Mystery Girl (A-tan?) taking fifth place when she hasn’t really shown up in the anime yet. If the voters know what they’re talking about (…and I assume they do with these Hinagiku results), I guess we’ll be in store for something good later on. (Manga readers, feel free to fill me in a bit without spoiling too much.)

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   01
Nagi reacting like she really had a chance to take first. Priceless.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. There was an actual episode this week too. While there wasn’t any more Hina this time around, I believe this was the first time we’ve been introduced to Isumi’s family. (Correct me if I’m wrong here.)

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   02
Spacing out runs in the family. Kind of scary when Isumi’s the one that has it together the most.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   03
Matsuki Miyu can do some really cute voices. This “Mouuu~” from Isumi being one of them. <3

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   04
Holy sh… I didn’t think this was that kind of show…

And of course, watching Hayate be the subject of misfortune wouldn’t be complete without some good ‘ol Maria fan-service. Admist all her attacks on Hayate, granny Ginka manages to find the time to feel up Maria’s butt.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   05
Maria all hot and bothered because she thought it was Hayate frisking her. That’s the face of one dishonest maid!

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   06
Cheap feels ftw.

Speaking of Ginka, her kiddy voice via her bloodsucking fountain of youth was a dead giveaway for Kaneda Tomoko. I can’t really imagine anyone else doing that voice. It’s on the verge of being absolutely annoying sometimes.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   07
“HAYATE KICK!”

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   08
No way I’d let her suck my blood for a kick to the face. Hayate brings it upon himself IMO.

This episode had its moments, but next week should be a lot better with another hot spring episode — Hina included of course.

Hayate no Gotoku!! 2nd Season   14   09
July 6, 2009 at 2:31 am
  • July 6, 2009 at 2:34 amNyfe

Maria-san moe level > 9000

• July 6, 2009 at 2:41 amKokWeng

hina ftw!

• July 6, 2009 at 2:44 amWho

Yay, good to see you’re continuing with this. :]

• July 6, 2009 at 2:45 amdestyop

YOU PEDOBEAR!!!

• July 6, 2009 at 2:45 amAnon

No because anime and real are different things. Then again maybe.

• July 6, 2009 at 2:50 amMentar

Yup, pedophile for sure ^_^

Well, the popularity contest was actually held based on the (later stages of the) manga, so the results will become a little bit more understandable by then, in particular A-tan’s fifth place. On the other hand, it has become a custom for Hina to massacre the competition and get almost as many votes single-handedly as places 2-4 combined. Draw your own conclusions.

• July 6, 2009 at 2:58 amnaga_jahat

H-I-N-A
    Hinagiku!!
    Hinagiku ftw~ she my favourite character now for this season
    last season was ayumu .. since this new season..
    there was no scene showed ayumu with food!!

• July 6, 2009 at 3:10 amDiego

“While there wasn’t any more Hina this time around, I believe this was the first time we’ve been introduced to Isumi’s family. (Correct me if I’m wrong here.)”

First time to my knowledge as well, both in the manga (which I’m following religiously) and the awesome anime adaptation (which ranks near the top of my current watchlist).

Speaking of the manga, the official translation by Viz is coming out as fast as frozen molasses at quarter speed and isn’t far ahead of the anime at this point. (In fact, at this rate it’s likely that the anime will soon overtake the official English translation.) So where A-tan’s appearance in the poll is concerned, I haven’t a clue – we’ll need to turn to the scanlation crowd for fresh intelligence.

• July 6, 2009 at 3:28 amSyaoran Li

Hopegully we’ll get something good at the end of this season, because surely enough this won’t be the end of HmG now that J.C. Stuff have their hands on it.

• July 6, 2009 at 3:44 amGame8910

A-tan’s 5th place is perfectly understandable, because in the manga her story arc is quite possibly the best arc that the manga has given us so far (yes, it was even better than Hinagiku’s b-day arc IMO). Its really hard NOT liking her after that point. But that arc is still over 70 chapters away from where the anime is so I dont see it being animated unless the show runs for another 52 episode season

• July 6, 2009 at 3:46 amxcswmboy

mystery girl = A-tan = hayate’s first girlfriend
    shes that girl that appeared a few episodes ago in hayate’s flashback, the one that said you need to be financially stable to have a girlfriend.

• July 6, 2009 at 3:53 amAshura

I would prefer Hina showing some midriff instead of Nagi.
    Now that would be hot.

• July 6, 2009 at 3:56 amHolding

Its kinda funny to know that you’re kind of a pedophile person.^_^

Anyway,I’am glad to see this came up.(Hina ftw)

• July 6, 2009 at 4:08 amChimasternmay

HINAGIKU and A-tan RULE. I’m so undecided between them atm haha.

• July 6, 2009 at 4:10 amoutcast

no new ed. Guess Hina is too popular and now with arc’s less focused on her at least the 4000 fans will have the e.d.

• July 6, 2009 at 4:24 amMentar

And about your requested mild spoiler about further Hina developments: Look at the preview of 14 where Hina is embarrassed, shivering and wringing his hands. She is a very honest and scrupulous person, and as you know, she did something which is now going to come back and bite her ;)

So, for around 40 chapters, we will now see “The Suffering of the Goddess” ^_^

• July 6, 2009 at 4:25 amMentar

“His” hands, gah. HER hands >_<

*spanks himself*

• July 6, 2009 at 4:26 amBROOKLYN otaku

yep yep bout hinagiku..”but they should change the ed about now”. but damn isumi should be up higher!! Maria’s just not trying hard enough, hell shes not trying at all.

• July 6, 2009 at 4:37 amanonymus

There wasn’t new ending. :( How many episodes will it be? MyAnimeList says only 26, is it true? :(

• July 6, 2009 at 4:45 amIzumi

Izumi is high because of the later chapters in the manga focusing her

• July 6, 2009 at 5:08 amrandomperson

“Nagi showing some midriff is kind of hot. Oh crap, does that make me a pedophile? >_< ”

No. any girl who shows her midriff is hot! to me ^^

• July 6, 2009 at 5:46 amGigadrill

@Izumi

just to correct things

• July 6, 2009 at 6:55 amAlchemist80

Hina Hina Hina
    HinaxHaya powaaaaa ^^

• July 6, 2009 at 8:37 amdjmaca

Yup! Hinagiku really did blow the competition out of the windot and into the river in the first and second pop vote. That’s true. Read the manga for more Hayate… er Hinagiku goodness…

• July 6, 2009 at 8:59 ammegalith

I was more of a Hinagiku fan back then compared to now… Although the effects of too much milking of one characters makes me less of a fan of them. Still like her though.

• July 6, 2009 at 10:20 ammagnumslinger

Where’s Nishizawa Ayumu?

• July 6, 2009 at 10:21 ambloodread

I would like seeing Hina in Nagi’s outfit (the on at the last picture)… Seriously…

Though Nagi herself was able to wear it properly… XD

• July 6, 2009 at 10:24 ambloodread

lol… Between A-tan and Hina-chan… As of now, I prefer Hina-chan…

Maybe this might change once the series features A-tan’s arc… :P

• July 6, 2009 at 1:07 pmhagges01

pedo or not she’s cute ;D

also HINA IS OVER 15499

• July 6, 2009 at 2:26 pmNebs

Izumi is the best, of course she’d place high. ^_^ Still don’t understand Maria’s appeal, though.

• July 6, 2009 at 3:06 pmExia

That seems the first for some nagi midriff fanservice…now please extend it to Maria and Hinagiku please!

• July 6, 2009 at 3:10 pmExia

btw your not a pedophile…

3D = Real = Pedophile
    2D = Not real = Lolicon

Big difference.

Guess people aren’t desensitized by the internet enough yet to know the difference.

• July 6, 2009 at 5:35 pmSilvite

nice! hina ftw!

• July 6, 2009 at 6:20 pmName (required)

“but I guess the real shocker was the Mystery Girl (A-tan?) taking fifth place when she hasn’t really shown up in the anime yet.”

That’s because the popularity poll is based on a manga chapter, not the anime.

• July 6, 2009 at 6:30 pmJB

wow, i would vote for her too, i mean she’s hot and cute . and of course maria (sexy) too. Nagi would probably no 5 or after if i vote. Tama should be inside top 10 too. just love that white tiger.

• July 6, 2009 at 7:53 pmyatsushiro

I’m not surprised. In fact, it was expected.

• July 6, 2009 at 8:40 pmLlora-chan

Of course Hinagiku is first~ I mean, she IS amazing after all.

• July 6, 2009 at 9:06 pmbrianleung8912

hina number 1 :O did not see that coming……… ^o)

• July 7, 2009 at 12:09 amthe burnt shadow

Lol, dunt rly like Hinagiku so much, but it was apparent that she was going to win. Honestly, she and Hayate are one of the most obvious couple that has existed. A tough girl and sensitive boy. If that weren’t enough, it’s a blue haired boy and a pink haired girl, how obvious could the pairing be? lol…

• July 7, 2009 at 3:42 amkudakularigagahberani

I think hayate x hina would be a great couple too, but i can’t wait to see A-tan shows up. Maybe she can rules hina. A-tan ftw!!!

• July 7, 2009 at 5:47 amShimei

A-tan’s rank is pretty impressive considering that even in the manga she hasn’t appeared all that much yet (at least in the tankoubon volumes), which will probably be remedied soon enough. So far she’s a great character though.