Suzumiya Haruhi 2009 – 17 (Endless Eight) »« Suzumiya Haruhi 2009 – 16 (Endless Eight)

Whoever Said It Ended At Six Was Wrong

Suzumiya Haruhi 2009   17   Kyon

Another week, another iteration, and another non-ending. I was hoping that the rumor from a few weeks back was true and that this would all indeed be finally done this week, but alas, no go. So now we can look forward to probably two more weeks of this (for a true eight), or five more to last us all the way through August, or even nine or ten more if they plan on going with this all the way to the end of the season. But Kyoto Animation wouldn’t do that to us would they? :(

The whole thing with Yamamoto Yutaka’s apology this past weekend at Otakon and Kyoto Animation’s subsequent disowning statement (“These are the words of someone who has no relationship to our company”) didn’t exactly shed a positive light on the company either, so I’m not sure what to make of the situation anymore.

July 23, 2009 at 1:54 pm
  • July 24, 2009 at 3:41 amKadiri

If they license the second season for distribution in America, I’m gonna skip the volumes with Endless Eight. Which will take up at least one whole volume, if not two. GAH! DX I don’t know why they feel it necessary to make a perfect eight like the title. I haven’t read the novel so I wouldn’t know if this goes like the book, but I do know that their sales for this season are going to plummet at this rate. Ugh… please stop this someone… save me…

• July 24, 2009 at 4:47 amIpsod

KyoAni has provided me with more entertainment than 30 mins a week. The endless internet rage that it has spawned is hilarious!

• July 24, 2009 at 4:55 amKinny Riddle

It is regrettable that Kyo-Ani has taken their fans for granted, after all, they have earned the adulation and respect they enjoy today through their reputation for consistent animation and mostly faithful adaptations.

It is just as regrettable that some people decide to have a field day and use this as an opportunity to unfairly brand everything else made by these Kyo-Ani goons as of sub-par quality.

• July 24, 2009 at 9:38 amThing

If they don’t do Disappearance justice, I will have no choice but to kill something, anything, how frustrated I am at this point.

• July 24, 2009 at 9:51 amrick

Tanigawa sensei should revoke all licenses for Haruhi from Kadokawa and KyoAni and give them for free to Yamamoto sensei to make a decent animation.

The fans would support him. I’m sure of that.

• July 24, 2009 at 11:03 ambored

@rick – but Tanigawa has been trolling everyone for over a year about the release of 10 …

• July 24, 2009 at 11:05 amKakashi_Crusade

Okay, first i have no idea as to why some fans are overreacting to the current situation. Yes it’s boring, yes it’s repetitive, but to say offensive things to a group who is at the very least attempting to troll/give you entertainment is something that takes this issue at a whole new level.

I am not telling anyone to be appreciative, and yes, I am pissed off at how the season is progressing, but to overreact like saying “the production team should die!” or something along those lines is simply unreasonable.

If you are tired of watching it, then wait (add to that three years of waiting, but then again, maybe it is worth it this time). Expression of thought and freedom of speech are of course, human rights, but we must wield responsibility in doing so.

To those who are ragequitting and spewing out negative comments (which are already offensive to other entities):

And if at all endless eight finally ends, and the patient haruhi fans finally get the content they’ve been thirsting for, be sure that you don’t come running back for more haruhi after you have called it “shit anime of all time”—that makes you a level 3 hypocrite and a very big idiot to boot.

Right now, all we can do is speculate… and pray that this ends on attempt 7.

• July 24, 2009 at 11:10 amRyunatta

If they really want to test fans to see if they like still like the show like they claim, bust a E.7 make a movie using recycled content, thatll show you if fans still like it.

But honestly am thinking they just want to be cancled

• July 24, 2009 at 6:21 pmNuula

This is a worth ‘FML’ moment in life…

• July 24, 2009 at 10:12 pmdark-kyon

whole people is wrong,the endless eigh is boring but read the thing what the people write in diferent web,blog,etc. is fucking funny,thank men.

• July 24, 2009 at 10:54 pmCritias

I stopped watching this shit after the second episode…I just occasionally read reviews like this one and so far I havent regretted my decision…

• July 25, 2009 at 9:25 amoutcast

nice vid though. shocking to see the old director even not liking the way things are going now. I’d swallow it if they wanted to this endless eight arc out of a sense of uniqueness, or some wierd creative feeling.

• July 25, 2009 at 10:20 pmChami

Everyone hates it. Why? Just because Kadokawa and KyoAni are twisting up the story line from the light novels? It still takes a whole team for them to recreate each episode. It’s not like they’re stinging, really. The introduction to the second season was beautiful, but predictable in a way. But this? No one expected Endless Eight to last so long, but it did. You can’t deny that the art is still beautiful, the seiyuus know how to act, and the story is there. You liked it the first time, right? And seriously – haven’t you watched the same episodes from the first season repeatedly before? Surely you’ve seen each episode in the melancholy more than 6 times, so why do you abhor endless eight?

Instead of blowing up about how horrendous this season is, think from their perspective. Why, why, why would they repeat the same episode several times? Perhaps it really gives you a sense of just how long Endless Eight is? You really feel the pain Yuki does. You feel frustrated. Why can’t Kyon DO something, right?

But he will. Just have faith, right? You’ve all had faith for three freaking years. Is it impossible to wait just a few weeks more? What do you expect to happen after Endless Eight anyway? Haruhi disappearing. Savour your Haruhi moments. Don’t good things come to those who wait?

• July 25, 2009 at 10:25 pmChami

Oh, and a side note – personally, I’m excited to watch the next repetition. It’s not boring to me; there are always new little details that you’ve never noticed before. The episode is still incredibly well crafted. Call me crazy, but I’m actually tempted to re-watch all of Haruhi, starting from the first season to the current part, including every single episode of Endless Eight. Yes, EVERY single episode. The anime is too good for me not to.

• July 26, 2009 at 12:30 amKirk M

In all honesty…I really liked the previous episode of Endless Eight….its like they took a step backwards with this one -_-;

• July 26, 2009 at 7:25 amNyx

Except, Chami, the audience is human. To be very fair, the majority likely don’t give the slightest damn about what Yuki feels and just want to see the story progress. The audience isn’t like Yuki who reacts stoically to 15,000 replays of the same scenario. Human viewers get bored and enraged that the damn series isn’t progressing. I can’t say that I blame them.

And the only little changes I’ve noticed are constant wardrobe switches and a few extra lines. I feel for Aya Hirano in particular. From memory, she’s had the exact same lines six episodes in a row, going on seven. It’s remarkable she can still voice Haruhi without being bored witless.

• July 26, 2009 at 7:27 amNyx

And, no, we expect Sighs after this turgid plodding mess of an arc.

• July 26, 2009 at 8:47 pmjellayrei

atleast they don’t have to pay the voice actors anymore

• July 26, 2009 at 10:08 pmmassoluk

I stopped at the third episode when I figured out what’s going on. I’d think the majority of us thought 3rd episode would end this. NOT worth the time watching the same crap over and over again.

• July 27, 2009 at 9:29 pmLevy

epic troll is epic

• August 1, 2009 at 3:38 pmChami

Sure, call me an alien. 8D Regardless if you care about how Yuki feels, the truth is that we’re stuck in the same position as her. Going through the exact same thing over and over without having the capacity to change anything. Yuki does not have a voice. We have voices, but they cannot be heard. Yuki gets bored, but is still forced to repeat the scenario. We get bored, thrash around in a furious rage, and repeat the scenario. Yuki is the representation of us, the viewers. One day we’ll all look back on this and laugh.

As for Aya Hirano? She’s still paid. She doesn’t have to worry about her new lines, giving her more time to focus on her other projects.

• « Older Comments