Bleach – 231 »« Bleach – 229

Bleach   230   22 Bleach   230   23 Bleach   230   24
Bleach   230   25 Bleach   230   26 Bleach   230   27
Bleach   230   28 Bleach   230   29 Bleach   230   30
Bleach   230   31 Bleach   230   32 Bleach   230   33
Bleach   230   34 Bleach   230   35 Bleach   230   36
Bleach   230   37 Bleach   230   38 Bleach   230   39

Summary:

Ichigo awakens in his inner world to find Zangetsu asking if he can hear something. Ichigo can’t though, so Zangetsu lets it go. Meanwhile, in Soul Society, several of the captains and vice-captains have been noticing their Zanpakutou acting oddly, such as Byakuya when he’s sparring with Renji, and Hitsugaya when he tries to summon Hyourinmaru. It’s not until Yamamoto calls a late night emergency meeting that it all comes to a head. After almost everyone else has gathered, Yamamoto’s vice-captain Sasakibe shows up and collapses from cardiac arrest, but there’s still no sign of Yamamoto himself. Instead, a new figure appears, and he claims that Yamamoto isn’t coming.

Komamura immediately tries to get this person to say what he did to Yamamoto, and when there’s no answer, Komamura attacks. He even initiates ban kai, but to everyone’s surprise, his giant attacks him instead of the new enemy. Komamura is barely able to dodge, and he then has to fight the human form of his own Zanpakutou. This leads to his defeat, and when the other Shinigami try to release their own swords, none are successful. The new figure explains that he’s freed their Zanpakutou from them, and to make matters worse, some of those Zanpakutou are already wreaking havoc all over Soul Society. The Shinigami are powerless and can only watch as each of their respective Zanpakutou join the person who introduces himself as Muramasa. He then declares that the rule of Shinigami over the Zanpakutou is over and that from now on, the Zanpakutou will rule over the Shinigami.

ED Sequence

Bleach   ED20   01 Bleach   ED20   02 Bleach   ED20   03
Bleach   ED20   04 Bleach   ED20   05 Bleach   ED20   06

ED20: 「Mad Surfer」 by 浅井健一 (Asai Kenichi)
Watch the ED!: Mirror 1, Mirror 2, Streaming ▼

The new ending song opens up sounding very similar to the current opening song, but the actual song is quite different, and I didn’t really care for it. At least the new animation is pretty colorful and shows off all the new characters with their respective Shinigami.

As for the episode itself, it turned out to be a good start to the new arc. I’ve set my expectations rather low, but just the fact that they’re focusing on Shinigami and their respective Zanpakutou already makes this much more interesting than a bunch of vampires or a bratty little girl. And this episode was particularly good because it had a battle between Renji and Byakuya, some cute Hitsugaya and Rangiku moments, and some fairly nice animation quality for the rest of the episode.

I did think that the new villain Muramasa’s character design looked kind of silly, and I don’t see him as really threatening yet since my initial impression was based on how he’s voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi, which immediately reminded me of Alto from Macross Frontier. None of the zanpakutou’s physical forms are cooler looking than Zangetsu either, but these are all pretty minor complaints. What’s important is that the new arc is off to a promising start, and I’m already wondering what happened to Yamamoto and where the Muramasa got his own sword. Those two things could even be connected if, when he said that the Zanpakutou will rule over the Shinigami, Muramasa meant that he’s able to turn Shinigami into swords or something. In any case, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a good arc (there was no preview this time for next week though), and maybe they can get through it without Ichigo needing to come save the day.

July 28, 2009 at 9:35 pm
  • July 30, 2009 at 8:37 amheminder

good episode, much better than the main arc.

one thing though. ZABIMARU used to look like this:
    what’s up with this new character? :P

• July 30, 2009 at 9:50 amAeous

This episode was very interesting indeed. I am anxious to see what happens next. Finally a filler arc that is exciting at least. As far as the Zanpakuto go, this arc seems like it will be heavily carried by Kenpachi, Yachiru, and Ichigo. Maybe we’ll actually get to see Yachiru’s shikai, in fact it is almost destined to happen in this arc i’d say. Kenpachi has the advantage of not relying on his zanpakuto’s power so his combat skills far surpass most others. And Ichigo’s zanpakuto is always released so it will be interesting to see what becomes of zangetsu. I just hope that Chado and Ishida don’t have a large role in this at all, they’ve had enough screen time i’d say

• July 30, 2009 at 10:21 amEspada

ok i have seen the new ep…

my analysis…
    this well become like pokemon…

they will befriend with one zakpaktou per episode…
    then the next then the next….
    until they fight and find out how marumasa is powerful hence its name as the “cursed sword”…

• July 30, 2009 at 10:29 amkjais

I wonder what happens to Kisuke

• July 30, 2009 at 10:35 amGermanguy

@heminder

Eyecandy… With so a Ape you cannot have Eyecandy.. so, the Human form is a better solution

• July 30, 2009 at 1:17 pmJohn G

I have to say I like how this Arc has started. The Zanpakuto’s rebelling is a good idea, but it could be hard to explain when it goes back to the real story “they were under a spell and didnt have free will” or something like that, hope the explanation is good. I really liked the antagonist tho, not by appearance, but by name. Muramasa is a really appropiate villan to have for this situation. Given the real Muramasa, he is probably the first one to create a Zanpakuto. Check out the real Muramasa online, pretty cool shit.

• July 30, 2009 at 1:43 pmKivnel

You really need to stop using the First Impressions tag on everything omni. :P

• July 30, 2009 at 4:44 pmKaus

At 1:19-1:20 you can see the cloaked figure from http://randomc.net/image/Bleach/Bleach%20-%20230%20-%20Large%2018.jpg turning into a sword:

http://yfrog.com/1vbleachend1j => http://yfrog.com/1pbleachend2j right above Sogyo no Kotowari. Does anyone recognize it?

• July 30, 2009 at 4:48 pmKaus

Looks like it is indeed Unohana’s.

• July 30, 2009 at 7:53 pmstarss

I’ve never seen this many comments on a Bleach episod here before! I don’t know what happened, but I congratulate the studio! Great work. Here’s hoping you can at least keep it consistent.

• July 30, 2009 at 8:06 pmarkangyal

here. if u want to know who is who’s zanpaktou just see this link

• July 30, 2009 at 11:29 pmShante

OMNI, what about Zaraki Kenpachi? He doesn’t have a bankai and he wasn’t there at the meeting either…
    What do you think will his role be in this arc?

• July 31, 2009 at 5:00 amHighman

Gee, Man Rukia’s Zankpaktou is one hot mama!

• July 31, 2009 at 8:27 amJPH

I hope it well be good filler :)

• July 31, 2009 at 8:55 amKaliayev

Sigh, this entire arc reeks of a rehashing of Ichigo’s trial by fire to acquire his bankai, in which case, Espada’s analysis is spot on. After all, they all gradually domesticated their Zanpakutous, whereas Ichigo proved himself to Zangetsu through painstaking trials. The process of gradual domestication on the part of the Shinigami probably wouldn’t engender respect from the Zanpakutous. The biggest foreseeable problems with the arc are that Shinigami will receive unwarranted help, from Ichigo and possibly Zaraki, in gaining the respect of their Zanpakutous, which should ultimately have the opposite effect, and only a few of the Shinigami actually have the talent necessary to defeat their Zanpakutous on their own.

It is amusing that old Yama could be defeated by the Zanpakutous of his star pupils, but said pupils couldn’t defeat Yama with the aid of their Zanpakutous.

p.s. Kazeshini’s was the only manifestation that I liked.

• July 31, 2009 at 9:40 amJay

I refused to watch bleach fillers. I will just take a pass on this just like I did with the 3 yrs of naruto fillers.

• July 31, 2009 at 9:56 amyukino

the song that they played at the end accompanying muramasa’s villanous laughter reminded me of the Bount arc. I predict this arc will be silly.

• July 31, 2009 at 10:05 pmtobiasguild (Thailand)

I have to say that this is my first time to enjoy the filler and I really mean it because most of all sucks and disappointed me from times to times. But the theme for this filler is well-designed and we will never know how the plot will be like normal arc because we have already known in manga, right? As someone posted here that we are going to know about the relationship between Zanpakuto and the wielder. THIS CAN BE USEFUL TO KILL TIME WAITING FOR THE FIGHT WITH ULQUIORRA THOUGH

• August 1, 2009 at 3:01 amendlesstalez

hmmm definitely nice! but can I ask if those character designs are official ones drawn by Kubo Tite himself, or simply filler characters?

• August 1, 2009 at 12:07 pmkraken

Kubo work on all the filler, film and videogames of bleach, chara design and scenario, the Amagai arc was planned as an special chapter of the manga, the forest of the Menos was planned in the manga.
    The Bount are based on the first design of the Visard and the story of the arc was writed by Kubo.
    Even the three mod soul was originally planned in the manga after the fight against Gran Fisher in the volume 3, but the edition did’nt like them, so Kubo have create the story with Don Kaonji.

• August 1, 2009 at 2:57 pmCroonology

Spectar at 10:22 pm on July 28th, 2009
    Take a guess who Zanpakuto this is?

I’m guessing it has to with kenpachi
    This is Shunsui Kyōraku zanpakuto and the 2 twins walking with her are Jūshirō Ukitake’s

• August 2, 2009 at 2:04 amLalala

This filler actually looks interesting :U
    I shall follow Bleach for a little bit I suppose.
    LOL, this Marumasa person seems so visual-k/emo xD When he started crying tears of blood, we were all “OMG EMO TEARS XDDD”

• August 2, 2009 at 11:00 pmOmni

Kivnel: It’s the tag for basically anything that qualifies as an episode review.

Shante: Maybe he just won’t be in this arc at all. Or maybe he’ll come in the middle or at the end to save the day. It’s hard to say this early on.

• August 11, 2009 at 12:08 pmJippieee

lalala those tears of blood you’d say like emo and stuff but still i’m darn curious about what those mean :P

• « Older Comments