Kampfer – 05 »« Kampfer – 03

Kampfer   04   22 Kampfer   04   23 Kampfer   04   24
Kampfer   04   25 Kampfer   04   26 Kampfer   04   27
Kampfer   04   28 Kampfer   04   29 Kampfer   04   30
Kampfer   04   31 Kampfer   04   32 Kampfer   04   33
Kampfer   04   34 Kampfer   04   35 Kampfer   04   36
Kampfer   04   37 Kampfer   04   38 Kampfer   04   39

「Kriegserklärung 〜戦う乙女たち〜 」 (Tatakau Otome-tachi)
“Declaration of War ~The Fighting Maidens~”

Seductive student council presidents are dangerous business. With three of the hottest girls in school fighting over his female self, Natsuru should just let them have their way with him. I know I would.

First of all, god damn Shizuku is hot. It should be a crime for girls this confident in their seducing abilities to act that way. She also looks way too good with her hair up. I mean, damn yo. Those small moans? Criminal I tell you. Criminal. While Shizuku definitely takes the cake this time around, all of the girls looked great in this episode. Nomad’s really done an awesome job here and I love how they gave us a plethora of angled full-length shots. (Widescreen at its finest.) Even their outfits were really nice, particularly Shizuku’s business-like attire and Kaede’s off-the-shoulder sweater. A showcase of beautiful character designs with beautiful artwork. Need I say more?

Much like they haven’t shown all series, there were no cheap panty shots this time either, but believe me when I say this episode was all fan-service. As you could probably tell from my uncontrollable blurp above, Shizuku was the main driving factor behind most of it. The scandalous student council president’s activities included forcing Natsuru to give her a shoulder massage, moaning a bit from being “roughed up”, making Natsuru grope her breasts, fawning all over him, stripping to show him how to put on a bra, and posing one of the sexiest poses ever. To add to that, we also got to see Akane and Kaede fighting over Natsuru (cat fight!). We even had a small karaoke competition to help decide who would get to sing a duet with him. While there were still some obligatory cleavage shots, this my friends is real fan-service. Despite Natsuru being full of estrogen, you could just sense his angst as he tried to suppress his male urges in all those situations. I kid you not — I loved every minute of it.

So does anyone even care what this episode was actually about? I mean, does it even really matter at this point? =) While my suggestion would be to just go through the screen captures, the short version is that there’s a school beauty contest taking place at the upcoming school festival. Unsurprisingly, Natsuru’s female self gets dragged into it by Shizuku under the presumption that it’s for the enjoyment of the students. While Natsuru tries to get out of it by doing Shizuku a few favours (i.e. making her ”feel good”), he ends up having to go along with it after Akane busts in and puts some bullet holes in the wall. In preparation for the contest, Natsuru ends up shopping for underwear and going to a karaoke bar to practice singing.

While Natsuru’s happy to have Akane accompany him, Shizuku later shows up to help out and calls Kaede as well. After having a singing competition to determine who gets to sing a duet with Natsuru (which he ultimately calls a draw), Kaede decides to enter the beauty contest in hopes that Natsuru will respond to her confession when it’s done in front of the entire school. Not liking her forceful attitude, Akane decides to join in to protect Natsuru. Hearing that they’re participating, Shizuku decides to enter as well since she’s the student council president and has to live up to everyone’s expectations.

We had fighting maidens this time alright, just not in the Kampfer sense. Next time it looks like the beauty contest is in full swing and things won’t be pretty.

* Note: Kuribayashi Minami’s single for the opening theme, “Unreal Paradise”, was released two days ago.

Kampfer   04   Preview 01 Kampfer   04   Preview 02 Kampfer   04   Preview 03
October 22, 2009 at 10:14 pm
  • October 22, 2009 at 10:18 pmRETake09

Awesome!

• October 22, 2009 at 10:42 pmzz

1st

• October 22, 2009 at 10:42 pmzz

waaaaaa

• October 22, 2009 at 10:52 pmFat Cat Lim

So…why do Kampfers fight again?

• October 22, 2009 at 10:53 pmMegas

What the hell is this series about. I thought we were gonna have some actual fighting in this – not play fighting & a battle royale over Natsuru. Well I did say Nomad doesn’t make shit so I have to hold myself to it, but this is REALLY “BAD”.

The fanservice fest doesn’t hurt the “badness” either. I’m glad I didn’t really expect anything from this show since craziness always ensues when I don’t. Craziness for this show is a very good thing. Its basically the show’s driving force.

• October 22, 2009 at 10:54 pmhobli

Shizuku’s existence itself is a sin XD

• October 23, 2009 at 12:54 ammilo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• October 23, 2009 at 1:02 amLiberta

Sweet lord…O-o is this heaven??? Quick somebody pinch me, this has to be a dream!

• October 23, 2009 at 1:26 amEspada

hmmm interesting

• October 23, 2009 at 2:25 amMentar

Soooo awesome fun ^_^

Shizuku revving up her “Seductress of her Toyfriend” mode absolutely stole the episode. Those people whining-complaining about “what about the plot?” simply still haven’t understood what this anime is all about.

Moar please!

• October 23, 2009 at 2:50 amMike4doa

Hehehe, basically its Harem series reinvented. I wonder if Natsuro’s gonna end on top of it. Kinda makes me feel (s)he’s better of as a female. Love Anane-chans delusions about male Natsuro… When is she gonne join the Yuri side of it all the other girls already seem to be.
    And where is that pesky reporter from last episode?

• October 23, 2009 at 4:35 amHitsugaya_10

Shizuku is hot! Ton of service, awaiting next week! =p

• October 23, 2009 at 5:15 amWhodat

Absolutely beautiful episode as always

• October 23, 2009 at 6:21 amewok

if you look for actual fighting anime, go look eleserwhere… Darker than Black anyone?
    Kampfer… such a misleading title…

• October 23, 2009 at 8:21 amENNI

Although this episode was kind of mellow, it was interesting to watch. Looks like Natsuro sooner or later would be forced to reveal the truth to kaede

• October 23, 2009 at 8:27 amTama

The Only Reason i watch Kampfer because of Shizuku. So far she is my fave kampfer ^_^

• October 23, 2009 at 9:26 amAiras

They’re really fighters…. fighting (or not) against their urges…

• October 23, 2009 at 10:30 amKinny Riddle

Hahahaha… Natsuru you lucky bastard, to have to girls openly undressing right in front of your face. Haven’t lol’ed so hard for harem series like these, or is it “reverse” harem?

Divine got it absolutely spot on, this is fan-service, not the in-your-face lewdness and ecchiness of other battle-fanservice series like Queen’s Blade and Ikkitousen, and all achieved without a single pantyshot, or at least kept to a minimum.

Maybe it’s because of the microphone echoing effect that I couldn’t hear their singing voices properly, but according to what I heard this episode, I would rate them as: Hocchan (Akane) > Nakajima Ai (Sakura) > Nazuka Kaori (Shizuku) if I were Natsuru. And judging by the ED, which she sang with Nakajima, I would put Inoue Marina (Natsuru) at the same rank as Nakajima.

I find it amusing when Natsuru is attending class on the girl’s side, the guy’s side don’t seem to miss him much when he came back (for a while). In fact, I realize most anime characters freely skip their high school classes without much fuzz. Maybe I was too obedient and attended classes often back in my schooldays, or my school was quite strict with attendances, that I still find it hard to comprehend this phenomenon.

• October 23, 2009 at 11:57 amMentar

Baah. Who wants to hear them SINGING? ;)

Give me Shizuku any day over any of the competition, even in a triple pack *grins* … at least, she’s got real personality. Compared to her, Akane and Kaede seem like kids.

Lord, this show makes me feel like a dirty old lecher.

• October 23, 2009 at 12:20 pmdivine

Maybe it’s just bringing out your true colours Mentar. D:

• October 23, 2009 at 3:18 pmkahzeelol

Very interesting episode.

• October 23, 2009 at 3:47 pmXanathos

Great, still no plot.

On the other hand, another week saved by “girl-on-girl” action XDDDDD

• October 23, 2009 at 4:59 pmMike

Sad if only they fix the VA problem with Natsuru male voice and not watering down the fan-service but show them like they suppose to be in the manga then this show could have been so much more enjoyable. Wish this show were broadcast on ATX or something then this show would have been what it should be compare to the manga.
    Don’t know about anyone but it annoys me alot when they water down fan service when the manga was fine the way it was. If the manga didn’t have any fan service and just a regular harem show like Da-capo or To-heart then I have no complain. But the manga have plenty of fan service and being water down on an anime just ruins it for me.

• October 23, 2009 at 6:19 pmart

Kampfers novel is real great, manga is ok, anime…too much fan service imo. but it can’t be helped because tv shows need viewership and fan service is the easiest way.

• October 23, 2009 at 9:05 pmoutcast

shouting lesbians and that annoying orange haired girl. This show is dropped by me. Thanks for the caps though and the thoughts. Saves me a lot of agony

• October 23, 2009 at 9:26 pmJason Isenberg

I….freaking…love this show, Shizuku is downright evil. Seductive little devil isn’t she? haha

• October 24, 2009 at 5:26 amDaabuu

Damn Sakura is annoying

• October 24, 2009 at 6:13 amAshura

“Auf einem Tisch” — awesome. ^^

• October 24, 2009 at 7:02 amTheDude

It feels like the authors are coming up with the story as they go… Erm…. What story?

I would prefer to be watching Bakemonogatari. Oh the misfortune!

• October 24, 2009 at 8:49 amAster

can’t wait for the insert songs :x

• October 24, 2009 at 10:20 amart

@Ashura,
    “Auf einem Teich” ^^

• October 25, 2009 at 6:09 amStei

As much as a generally hate tsundere stock characters, I really wish Akane would just stay transformed. Her character is much more interesting and less annoying in transformed state IMO. Anyone else think that the girl’s side of that school is nuts? I haven’t seen a normal girl in this show. It makes Natsuru’s perverted friend seem normal in comparison.

• October 25, 2009 at 7:22 amwilson191

agh…why did they turn shizuku’s hair colour into that shitty glowing purple???

• October 26, 2009 at 1:10 pmThatguy22

this is more about lesbians than fighting. kinda a let down but still good

• October 31, 2009 at 4:45 pmDesho?

Baah. Who wants to hear them SINGING?
    Lord, this show makes me feel like a dirty old lecher.

• January 3, 2010 at 11:46 amiv4o7o

Shizuku has became my most favorite character from this anime
    And also the female natsuro is one of the most beatiful anime girls I’ve seen