KIDDY GiRL-AND – 03 »« KIDDY GiRL-AND – 01

KIDDY GiRL AND   02   19 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   20 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   21
KIDDY GiRL AND   02   22 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   23 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   24
KIDDY GiRL AND   02   25 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   26 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   27
KIDDY GiRL AND   02   28 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   29 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   30
KIDDY GiRL AND   02   31 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   32 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   33
KIDDY GiRL AND   02   34 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   35 KIDDY GiRL AND   02   36

Summary:

After having gotten herself incredibly worked up over some pudding, Ascoeur finally gets her chance to eat it. Unfortunately, Q-feuille sneezes and causes a chain reaction that leads to the pudding spilling all over the floor. Determined to get some pudding, Ascoeur decides to raid the cafe kitchen, but to get there during the after-hours, she and Q-feuille have to overcome the security system upgrades that Tweedledee made. Q-feuille’s expertise and memory helps them get through most of the traps, but they are eventually faced with an army of Tweedledee dolls that soon overwhelm them. Q-feuille sacrifices herself so that Ascoeur can go ahead, but Ascoeur ends up tripping and falling into another trap. By the time the girls finally reach the kitchen, it’s already daytime, and the puddings have all been consumed.

ED Sequence

KIDDY GiRL AND   ED2   01 KIDDY GiRL AND   ED2   02 KIDDY GiRL AND   ED2   03

ED: 「月と太陽」 (Tsuki to Taiyou) by 合田彩 (Gouda Aya)
Watch the ED!: Mirror 1, Mirror 2, Streaming ▼

This ED isn’t that great, but it’s better than the Ascoeur version for the simple reason that it’s not sung by Ascoeur. I’m also still waiting for them to do something about the OP since it still just shows scenes from the episodes instead of regular opening sequence. Maybe they’re hiding the fact that Eclair and Lumiere come back or something.

I’ve been rather busy recently and didn’t get a chance to watch this episode until now, but I had heard from multiple people that it was awful and that I should set my expectations really low. After watching it, I didn’t think the episode was that bad, as long as you didn’t expect anything to happen in the plot (which I’m quickly learning not to). The pudding thing was really, really stupid, but around that there were a ton of jokes and internet memes, and some of them were surprisingly hilarious. In fact, the whole Hokuto no Ken scene made me wish that Ascoeur stayed in her male voice for the rest of the episode. Q-feuille also had a bigger part in this episode, and that was great because it meant less of Ascoeur. All in all, I think I actually liked this episode more than the first one, but as I mentioned, that’s partially because I’ve adjusted my expectations. I’m still hoping that there’s some plot eventually though – assuming I can stick with this series for that long.

October 27, 2009 at 3:56 am
  • October 27, 2009 at 4:01 amKahiry

first!

• October 27, 2009 at 4:41 amNeo_NMO

oh, i wasn’t the only one to tell you that the episode sucked? lol, nice

• October 27, 2009 at 5:04 amdivine

I thought it was alright, but not the best way of establishing a series (being the second episode and all). It probably would’ve made more sense to have a silly/stupid episode like this later on.

• October 27, 2009 at 5:06 amAlec

the reason y im watching this coz i recognized jun’s voice in ep 1…anyways some parts of it were totally hilarious

• October 27, 2009 at 7:17 amNalface

Personally, I believe there’s a difference between a stupid episode and a bad episode.

An bad episode is just that: bad, probably because of poor pacing, bad timing, poor VA, etc.

A stupid episode, however, undermines itself and the viewer. Shows like these rarely take themselves seriously, and as such, are much harder to be taken seriously later.

The first 2 episodes of KGA so far, in my opinion, are stupid/silly episodes. Sure, the series could turn serious later. However, I won’t be surprised if the transition was awkward. But then again, there are always exceptions (Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni FTW)

Anyway, regarding this episode…

She just needs to sit back a little bit.

• October 27, 2009 at 8:29 amSplash

After watching the 1st 2 episodes I decided to give this series up. It seems more like a lil kids (5 – 10 year old) saturday morning cartoon then an anime and I’m gonna pass on it.

• October 27, 2009 at 9:33 amAshan

After reading your summary, I’d think this is one of those shows that most people drop after a few episodes.

I myself completely avoided it based on its name alone -.-

• October 27, 2009 at 10:01 amPhoenix

I thought it was alright, I agree that this episode probably would’ve been better if it was shown later in the series. I actually expected it to be a serious episode.
    I’m gonna continue watching this show until the end, but I just hope they get some serious episodes soon.

• October 27, 2009 at 10:13 amChaos

I agree with those who who said this episode should appear later. I’m still gonna continue with this series (probably because I like Kiddy Grade) and give it a chance. Hope there’s gonna be some serious scenes soon.

• October 27, 2009 at 11:09 amPhoenix

That’s why I’m doing it too, out of respect for Kiddy Grade and because I actually like Q-feuille, it’s just I can’t stand Ascouer. I can tolerate certain scenes with her, but there are scenes where I just want her to stay quiet cause she’s too loud.

• October 27, 2009 at 11:41 ammilo

fuck is this shit?

• October 27, 2009 at 11:49 amMearex

• October 27, 2009 at 12:25 pmSplash

No thats Momo the transvestite from Shangri-la in a new job.

• October 27, 2009 at 12:30 pmrkzamber

its like from the original kiddy grade, in the beginning half of the serie its pointless plot. Then it’ll have an actual plot, a lot of animes are like that. sigh. why can’t they just have one whole big plot.

• October 27, 2009 at 12:33 pmtom

Not sure if I can keep watching this series. It’s pretty bad. :(

• October 27, 2009 at 1:19 pmlawlMSP

quite off-topic but, did you stop blogging Seitokai?

• October 27, 2009 at 2:09 pmmaofao

I’m actually enjoying this series, especially Ascoeur and her voice. I’ve never heard this voice before, and I like characters like her very much, even more than Q-feuille.

I hope this show doesn’t become serious, but if it does (and I have a feeling it will), I hope that it doesn’t affect its humor significantly.

• October 27, 2009 at 3:13 pmXrtear

This still makes me prefer the silver haired girl over Ascoeur.

• October 27, 2009 at 5:12 pmMerle

Anyone know what that song was that Tweedledee always hums? Having a brain fart.. I liked this episode, besides the part where Ascoeur was supposed to be quiet but kept getting louder. I just wanted to punch her.

• October 27, 2009 at 6:22 pmkatya

“that is… that is a woman right??!!

It’s a woman..ish.

• October 27, 2009 at 7:55 pmfoamer

I thought this episode was alright O_O improvement from the first episode anyway. just wished that Ascoeur had kept the man voice instead – so much better.

• October 27, 2009 at 11:09 pmSilver

Now I just hope that they are doing the same thing with Kiddy Grade and not be silly throughout the entire series. Kiddy Grade took a while to become good, hope this one is better and not worse.

• October 28, 2009 at 1:05 amsamu

About Tweedledee’s song…sounds like the melody that Eclair hums to baby Chevalier in one of the flashbacks in Kiddy Grade.

• October 28, 2009 at 9:13 amPhoenix

Merle, I think the song Tweedledee was humming in this episode was the main theme of Laputa: Castle in the Sky, cause I compared it to the song and it sounds exactly the same.

• October 28, 2009 at 10:39 amGotohfan

I like Kiddy Girl-and so far. Okay, so it’s not Kiddy Grade, and more like Sora Kake Girl, but so what? It’s Keiji Gotoh’s creation, he can do what he damn well wants with it (anime’s made purely for the Japanese market, and their otaku’s tastes & mores. Do you think they care about a few baka gaijin who don’t like it?).

I’m a Keiji Gotoh completionist anyway, and anything new by him & Megumi Kadonosono can only be a *good* thing IMO.

I loved how gimik took the you-know-what out of Yaranaika. I never liked that in the first place. Abe only likes girls now.

KG-a has top priority for me (along with Kobato & Queen’s Blade II). The seven year wait has been worth it.

• October 31, 2009 at 5:35 pmMerle

Phoenix– Thanks!!! I was wondering.. because the other day it was either Nick or Disney but they used the song in one of their shows too. Might be another song that just has a very similar melody.. but was just surprised to hear it being used so much. :D

• November 2, 2009 at 8:06 amtrebors

tweedledee looks better in the former season
    wonder what happen
    i looked at the character designer and director, and it’s the same

• November 8, 2009 at 11:00 pmShiroi Hane

@Phoenix, Merle
    It is definitely Kimi wo Nosete from Laputa, especially when you take into account the Muska brigade trap right before.