KIDDY GiRL-AND – 04 »« KIDDY GiRL-AND – 02

KIDDY GiRL AND   03   13 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   14 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   15
KIDDY GiRL AND   03   16 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   17 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   18
KIDDY GiRL AND   03   19 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   20 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   21
KIDDY GiRL AND   03   22 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   23 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   24
KIDDY GiRL AND   03   25 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   26 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   27
KIDDY GiRL AND   03   28 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   29 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   30

Summary:

Ascoeur has recently developed a bit of a crush on Troisienne and wishes Q-feuille could be more like her. This fixation pisses Q-feuille off, and it develops into a full-blown fight after Ascoeur subsequently disrespects a collector’s item from an anime that Q-feuille loves. Their arguing keeps Alisa and Belle up all night, and as a result, their boss makes Ascoeur and Q-feuille fill in for their friends as front-desk receptionists the next day. Ascoeur and Q-feuille’s problems are set aside though when they encounter an injured man who needs to settle a draft in the next 10 minutes. Using their abilities, Ascoeur and Q-feuille are able to work together to find the right person to deliver this to, and they make it just in time. In the aftermath, the two girls reconcile, and Ascoeur is glad that Q-feuille is her partner. They learn later that it was actually Troisienne’s anime collector’s item that they found earlier, and, much to Ascoeur’s dismay, Q-feuille and Troisienne really hit it off.

Note: Because it takes so long to do, I’m going to stop posting all the different EDs that this series has unless one turns out to be really good.

KIDDY GiRL AND   03   Preview 01 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   Preview 02 KIDDY GiRL AND   03   Preview 03

This episode quickly reminded me of how inane this series can be. It had the same level of plot as last episode but without nearly as much of the funny charm, so there’s not much good I can say about it. I guess the Cardcaptor Sakura stuff wasn’t bad, and it was nice to see Q-feuille’s power and hear more of Troisienne (who’s voiced by Yukana), but that’s about it. So why am I still watching this show if it hasn’t shown many positives after three episodes? A big part of it is because I want to believe that the story will eventually take off in a good way. A show that looks this good visually can’t be this bad for too long, and divine keeps pointing out to me that there are a lot of similarities to how Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo was developed and how that turned out to be pretty good. And in fact, the preview makes next episode look a little promising because the new girls look like they could be antagonists or something, so maybe something will finally happen.

November 4, 2009 at 9:09 pm
  • November 4, 2009 at 9:17 pmMearex

takes them forever to come out a 3rd episode, and it’s not as good -.-

• November 4, 2009 at 9:18 pmAlec

just finished watching the entire series of kiddy grade (like 30 minutes ago) , now i fully understand what this is all about.

• November 4, 2009 at 9:40 pmKaminakun

Don’t give up hope on this show just yet. Kiddy Grade took like 9 episodes to really get the story going, but it was all worth the wait :)

• November 4, 2009 at 9:59 pmJustin Olbrantz (Quantam)

I wish I remembered the story from Kiddy Grade. Watched it all, but remember very little :P

• November 4, 2009 at 11:20 pmsamu

Yeah, in Kiddy Grade, the first 8 episodes ranged from okay to WTF? But after that, the plot kicked in and the inane things that happened in the first 8 episodes actually had a lot of importance. It was worth watching a second time to see the whole story fit together.

• November 5, 2009 at 12:03 amakari_house

Yes, exactly what samu said. The first 8 episodes of Kiddy Grade seemed to be a brain-dead Dirty Pair clone, but then after that, it became clear that much was not what it appeared and that in fact a number of things were going on in the background of those dopey-seeming episodes that were more relevant once you had context. Related to all this was that the personas of the main characters greatly changed or at least took on new meaning once more things were revealed.

That said, I still think these episodes are even more brain-dead feeling than the original first eight of Kiddy Grade. It’s going to take some pretty impressive twists that aren’t just a retread of Kiddy Grade’s gimmick to make sitting through Ascoeur’s whining worth the effort so far. The CCS parody was fun though especially in light of Sakura Tange returning to voice acting lately. :D

• November 5, 2009 at 12:43 amPhoenix

I loved the ccs stuff and watching Q-feuille going nuts due to her obsession.

• November 5, 2009 at 1:34 amSaionide

I hope that Ascoeur and Q-feuille don’t turn out to be Eclair and Lumiere’s reincarnations. Or else I’d feel that this show was trolling me.

• November 5, 2009 at 1:36 am/Wrist

This series fuckin sucks.

• November 5, 2009 at 2:19 amNeo_NMO

but atleast the first episodes of kiddy grade strung together and put the building blocks of the series together…. kiddy girl so far has just been silly shit for the sake of… um………………… yeah… there’s no point to it…

unless the magic pumpkin pudding is going to become something huge in the future! or CG Sakura is going to become an ES member that opposes q-feuille and ascoeur!

• November 5, 2009 at 3:45 amAlec

i hope to see more action in the next episode…

• November 5, 2009 at 4:03 amMelchior

Saionide:

I get the feeling that it might be more than that. Q-feuille doesn’t really fit, but Ascoeur on the other hand,

I just can’t believe that a character from the original series like her would be reincarnated as retarded as Ascouer is from just a memory wipe like Eclair usually asked for.

• November 5, 2009 at 6:11 amShiroi Hane

@Saionide:
    I had never considered that, but regarding the ages of Tweedledee and Tweedledum, I don’t believe they have necessarily been reincarnated in order to be the ages they are – I assume that ES-Members just don’t age normally (witness A-ou and Un-ou in the original series looking exactly the same decades earlier).

• November 5, 2009 at 6:44 am*Facepalm*

“…there are a lot of similarities to how Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo was developed and how that turned out to be pretty good.”

Good? Guess we watched different versions of SoraKake then… If Kiddy girl reminds you of that monstrosity then I guess it’s a good thing I never got around to start watching it, and I might as well stay away altogether.

• November 5, 2009 at 7:09 am*Facepalm*

Well, that ended up sounding rather condescending which really wasn’t my intention. Guess that’s just how much I disliked SoraKake.

• November 5, 2009 at 9:16 amarknoir

@facepalm :

100% agree! feckless characters with no personality or purpose. Storyline was cack and it was all about seeing the ability of Jun Fukuyama over a season.

IN one episode there was a near 5mins conversation about pizza(hut). Disgraceful plugging. Worse than DX in WWE.

• November 5, 2009 at 12:48 pmNightshifter

Since when is Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo turning out to be good? I watched through the whole series and I thought it was a disaster right through to the end.

• November 5, 2009 at 2:45 pmAlec

sorakake was rushed thats y d ending felt like crap

• November 5, 2009 at 3:43 pmKaioshin Sama

Sora Kake Girl was fine if you have a sense of humour, are a long time mecha fan, and realize that most of it was for the gags and not for serious character development and storytelling. I actually found it to be quite fun, but then as a long time mecha fan I actually got most of the gags and humour and actually had a ton of fun with the show. Good music too.

There was also no 5 minute conversation about Pizza Hut, but rather a short conversation that happened to take place at a Pizza Hut during one episode. It’s definitely not 5 minutes nor is the brand name ever actually mentioned. Don’t listen to lies kids.

Can’t say much for Kiddy Girl, but it doesn’t seem to have the same style of humour and seems to prefer going more for the rather saturated area of ecchi comedy.

• November 5, 2009 at 3:50 pmKaioshin Sama

And keep in mind this voiced approval of how Sora Kake turned out comes from someone who went in totally expecting it to suck and be a waste of time and resources and who even hated the first episode and didn’t want to bother continuing at all. The only reason I watched the second episode was on a whim several weeks later because I had nothing else to do that night and I was lucky too because that one convinced me to give it one more episode and by the third one I had decided I was enjoying it and that the show hit all of my buttons when it came to it’s gags and style. Surprised me, which I think is the point that Omni was making, that Kiddy Girl might surprise him if he sticks with it a little while longer.

Then again having seen what episode 04 of Kiddy Girl looks like on Tenka Seiha it doesn’t look like much is changing…….

• November 5, 2009 at 6:03 pmdivine

If you want to direct your SoraKake hate towards someone, it should probably be me though. Omni never watched it. He’s just conveying to you my impressions.

• November 6, 2009 at 9:12 amark noir

Kaioshin Sama at 3:43 pm on November 5th, 2009

ARK NOIR SAYS : THIS SOUNDS LIKE CODE GEASS SUMMARY. RECOMMENDING THIS SHOW IF YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR AND MISSING THE GREATEST GAG ISN’T AS FUNNY TO ME AS IT SHOULD BE.

ARK NOIR SAYS : WATCH IT AGAIN TO UNDERSTAND THE IMMORAL WAYS OF PRODUCT PLACEMENT WHICH IS ANOTHER FORM OF BRANDING! MORE SO AFTER WATCHING THE SCENE ABOUT THE TWO GIRLS WHO HAD NEVER EATEN PIZZA BEFORE AND COUPLED WITH THEIR BOSS, EXPLAIN THE UNIQUE SELLING POINTS(usp) OF PIZZA IN A PIZZA HUT(COULD OF GONE TO BURGER KING, BUT SUNRISE WOULD LOSE A LOT OF MONEY).

wiki the words Product placement.

• November 6, 2009 at 9:34 amnate

Man this is a pityful attempt at a kiddy grade sequal :(

• November 6, 2009 at 6:51 pmfoamer

I must admit I didn’t like the first ep but i think its getting better, I find Ascoeur is becoming more tolerable now, I look forward to more and your blogging too.

• November 7, 2009 at 2:40 pmDesho?

i always associated this with sorakake.

• November 19, 2009 at 10:11 pmkaze7

Try comparing characters from kiddy grade and kiddy girl and-.
    Notice any similar characters besides tweedledee and tweedledum?
    Qfuielle – Eclair
    trixie and troy jeanne – Sinnistra and dextera (swapped genders)
    rubis and sapphire (ep 4) – Alv and Dverger

Very similar! I wonder what other similar faces will pop up?

• January 10, 2010 at 12:38 pmZaronda

I want eclair and lumiere back