11eyes – 08 »« 11eyes – 06

11eyes   07   25 11eyes   07   26 11eyes   07   27
11eyes   07   28 11eyes   07   29 11eyes   07   30
11eyes   07   31 11eyes   07   32 11eyes   07   33
11eyes   07   34 11eyes   07   35 11eyes   07   36
11eyes   07   37 11eyes   07   38 11eyes   07   39
11eyes   07   40 11eyes   07   41 11eyes   07   42

「歪んだ覚醒 kanyargós ébredés」 (Yuganda Kakusei)
“Twisted Awakening”

Ahhh!!! When girls start talking to themselves out of sheer jealousy and smiling uncontrollably at the sound of a guy’s name, you just know we’ve tread into some dangerous yandere territory. Give her the ability to negate everyone’s powers (plus seemingly do a lot more) and no one’s safe anymore. By the way, did I mention we’re talking about our cute and lovable Yuka here?

For those who need a trip down memory lane on what yanderes are capable of, I direct you to our “wonderful” high school harem anime School Days. While Yuka’s still in the early stages of tearing up her Penzou-san bag, pass the girl one of Yukiko’s knives and she could be well on her way to Kotonoha’s level. But seriously speaking, I don’t need to see that here, nor do I want to. What happened to my good ‘ol wholesome high school students battling evil monsters in a strange world (eroge) anime? I’ve been pretty content with that so far (along with the occasional Misuzu stripping down scene). This has been a “no hacksaw decapitation” zone and I’d like to keep things that way if possible.

Anyway, there was actually a fair bit happening this week in the ongoing Red Night — Yuka’s awakening (in more ways than one) was just the icing on the cake. During everyone’s frantic search for Yuka, we learned about Takahisa’s crush on Yukiko officially, heard more of Yukiko’s murderous past in Dransvania, witnessed the death of Scholastica (the piece of Acedia that broke off last time) at the hands of Shiori, were shown how Superbia has both the knowledge and techniques of the Kusakabe family, and saw Invidia bite the dust as well. As for the brief demonstration of Yuka’s newly awakened ability, soon to be referred to as 「栄光の手」 (Eikou no Te) a.k.a. “Hand of Glory”, it can’t seem to differentiate between friend and foe. Apparently there’s more to her ability than meets the eye, but its ability to negate the power of others is all we’re left with for now.

What I found more intriguing though is the mysterious appearance of Shiori in the Red Night and how they hinted at Superbia being a former Kusakabe onmyouji. i.e. The exiled Misao mentioned back in episode three. As I discussed back then, the thought did occur to me after the Black Knights hinted at being human before, so it’s nice to know that it pays to take notice of the signs along the way. At the very least, it should make the screenwriters happy about how well they’ve let the story unfold. In terms of flashbacks, we’re also given a glimpse into more of Velad’s history. This time, we’re shown a tearful and vengeful girl named Liselotte, who unsurprisingly resembles the Lisette trying to escape her crystal prison. Coincidence? I think not, especially when the credits don’t list a separate seiyuu for her.

Finally, I found it a bit odd that Kakeru was shocked that Kukuri may have written the note saying he’s the one that woke up the demons. It doesn’t seem like Kukuri has any bad intentions, so that scene was far from being any sort of a cliffhanger for me. It was more like, “Yeah Kakeru, she does have a better grasp of the situation than you. So does everyone else for that matter.” What he should be more concerned about is Yuka. Her eyes look like she can kill anyone without a second thought.

11eyes   07   Preview 01 11eyes   07   Preview 02 11eyes   07   Preview 03

November 18, 2009 at 4:56 pm
  • November 18, 2009 at 5:07 pmSilivious

Awesome. Looking to be a good episode and can’t wait to DL it. :D

• November 18, 2009 at 5:22 pmAlec

just watching it 4 d sake of finishing d anime :(

• November 18, 2009 at 5:28 pmOldboy

thanks for review, episode looks interesting

• November 18, 2009 at 5:58 pmKaus

You realize that there is no way Kukuri is a different person from the Kukuri that was Kakeru’s “sister” right? So I wouldn’t exactly say she does not have bad intentions, but from way back in episode 1 I think Yuka is related to Kakeru surviving and Kukuri, I dunno, losing her memory?

Next eroge game anime: Princess Waltz? I freaking hope so.

• November 18, 2009 at 6:03 pmTsukiAkari

she got the school day eyes lol……..

• November 18, 2009 at 6:09 pmdivine

Kaus:
    I would understand Kakeru’s surprise if that’s what he realized here, but he only noticed that Kukuri’s the one who wrote the note in the library back in episode two. I guess I saw it as an overreaction to him finally putting two and two together after all this time.

• November 18, 2009 at 6:21 pmBROOKLYN otaku

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! dangerous yandere territory you say?? INDEED!!
    u gotta love these character designs fo those type of situation’s.. the big glassy hamster eye’s caught in the truck’s headlight’s, and then she scream’s *insert name* AIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! then plunges the blade in!! splat!

• November 18, 2009 at 7:02 pmMegas

Haha, Yuka has “i don’t give a damn anymore” power. Seriously, can this anime get any weirder. Not more interesting, just weirder. Oh well, I’ve stuck it out this far so I have no choice but to finish it…even though I’m just fast-forwarding to the ‘good’ parts at this point. Call me when they start explaining the whole mess, then I’ll watch the full episode.

• November 18, 2009 at 7:09 pmPw3age

Looks like some good action in this episode. Just hope the whole yandere Yuka is temporary (it always is).

• November 18, 2009 at 7:58 pmPhosphatide

School Days?

It’s like no one remembers Shuffle anymore.

• November 18, 2009 at 9:10 pmdivine

No casualties in Shuffle. :\

• November 18, 2009 at 9:21 pmgarfield15

Subtle.

Ah, it appears Yuka is in Stage 1 of yandere-ism (as in the vacant eyes). Let’s see if she’ll move to Stage 2 (violent screaming threats) and finally stage 3 (violence and murder, in the name of love of course) in which there’s no going back.

• November 18, 2009 at 9:53 pmPhosphatide

Kaede is still just as creepy.

• November 18, 2009 at 9:56 pmShimapan

• November 18, 2009 at 11:13 pmsolgae

I thought a more appropriate terms would’ve been dorodere…

• November 19, 2009 at 12:04 amAnimeniac

negate powers… hmm is that a parody of the imagine breaker?

• November 19, 2009 at 12:41 amLinzermaster

@Animeniac
    Yeah, I thought so too… Imagine breaker flashlight version?
    Well, after seeing kakeru’s yellow Glam Sight and Misuzu’s Minigate of babylon I won’t be surprised anymore.
    Joking aside, the title “Kanyargós ébredés” means “Cranky awakening”, but if you have a wide heart, you can translate it to “Twisted awakening”.

• November 19, 2009 at 4:10 amTerence

Early on Yuka sort of reminded me of Kirino from “Gift ~eternal rainbow~”, but it looks like Yuka has more similarities with her than I first thought. o_O;

• November 19, 2009 at 4:39 amTwi

Dorodere + Yandere is like Yuno from Mirai nikki with kotonoha from school days……Everyone’s screwed

• November 19, 2009 at 8:16 amSnooSnoo

@Kaus,
    “You realize that there is no way Kukuri is a different person from the Kukuri that was Kakeru’s “sister” right?”
    This Kukuri is Kakeru’s sister from another dimension. Also waiting for the gangster nurse to kick the bucket.

• November 19, 2009 at 4:46 pmGP

@SnooSnoo

It’d be nice if Yuka would kick the bucket imo. Misuzu is better! Less crazy yanderes plz.

• November 19, 2009 at 6:32 pmRika

So what is this? I guess they felt that the only way they could ‘save’ Yuka’s character from being the useless damsel in distress/love interest (that nobody wants to happen) is to turn her into a yandere with some cool power negating power huh?

• November 20, 2009 at 11:08 amIsland Esper

It’s still too early to call Yuka yandere. She walks into Kakeru embracing a naked hottie. Plus last week mysterious hand action:

Any normal character should be suspicious, we can cut some slack to her… Until the blood start flowing

• November 20, 2009 at 5:21 pmLevis

Are we gonna get that scene where she kills Kakeru several times over in the anime or not?

• November 22, 2009 at 7:09 amFlare

I hope the comment above wasn’t a possible spoiler :o
    Anyone else rooting for Misuzu x Kakeru? :D