Bleach – 260 »« Bleach – 258

Bleach   259   19 Bleach   259   20 Bleach   259   21
Bleach   259   22 Bleach   259   23 Bleach   259   24
Bleach   259   25 Bleach   259   26 Bleach   259   27
Bleach   259   28 Bleach   259   29 Bleach   259   30
Bleach   259   31 Bleach   259   32 Bleach   259   33
Bleach   259   34 Bleach   259   35 Bleach   259   36

Summary:

A lot of things have been stolen lately, and since the clues point to the sewers, Hanatarou, Nanao, Ikkaku, and Houzukimaru go to investigate. The group ends up stumbling upon a few traps, one of which washes them all away to another area. There, Ikkaku gets attacked by a Toujuu with tentacles and gets separated from the others. Hanatarou, Nanao and Houzukimaru then come across a camp set up by a small white figure, and they find most of the stolen stuff. Before they can learn anything from the culprit, the Toujuu attacks again. Houzukimaru’s attacks against it are ineffective, and right as things are looking bad, the small white figure picks up his sword, heals Ikkaku with it, and then defeats the Toujuu with its power. It turns out that this figure is none other than Hanatarou’s Zanpakutou Hisagomaru, and it had run away to the sewers because of a misunderstanding. Hanatarou and Hisagomaru are thus reunited, however they get separated again while trying to exit the sewers.

Bleach   259   Preview 01 Bleach   259   Preview 02 Bleach   259   Preview 03

Although I thought the first half of this episode wasn’t very interesting, the second half wasn’t bad. The monster of the week was forgettable – a very generic tentacle monster – however it was at least nice to see Hisagomaru in action again. I suspected that the culprit was either Hisagomaru or Nanao’s Zanpakutou, and it became evident that it was the former once he started healing Ikkaku with the sword with a gauge. It reminded me of the last time Hisagomaru showed up in episode 134, and from there the pieces all came together, including why the title card looked the way it did. It does make me wonder though when we’ll ever see Nanao’s Zanpakutou and her abilities, if ever. Anyway, it looks like they’re using these monsters-of-the-week to focus on individual Zanpakutou, and next time will be all about Kazeshini.

February 23, 2010 at 11:01 pm
  • February 23, 2010 at 11:08 pmDeufont

First?

• February 23, 2010 at 11:31 pmdamian

• February 23, 2010 at 11:32 pmAgevhunter

I’m glad to see these fillers due to the fact that manga is moving at an annoying place. I hate having to wait a week to see that Aizen is still nowhere close to being even injured. Blah. I love these fillers. I want 26 more episodes of filler. People seem to think that just because Kubo didn’t write the fillers that these are automatically bad. No one to blame but KUBO!!! lol

• February 23, 2010 at 11:45 pmKaris

This is pretty fun episode, especially when Hisagomaru stabbed his sword in Ikkaku’s ass(it looked like he enjoyed that!), and brought out his big gun, which it was unexpectedly hilarious by the way.

• February 23, 2010 at 11:47 pmpockets

Hey dude, are you going to be covering Gundam Unicorn? I’m interested in what this blog’s opinion is of the OVAs.

• February 23, 2010 at 11:49 pmSplash

I loved this episode. Hisagomaru was funny and that big ass cannon out of nowhere was a pleasant surprise.

• February 23, 2010 at 11:59 pmAzar

Ok am i the only one who didn’t find this episode all that interesting? I mean it wasn’t a complete waist of time, but i could of probably gone with out all together.

• February 24, 2010 at 12:22 amAznCoffee

Omni, are you planning on doing a “Spring 2010 Preview” guide of any sort?

• February 24, 2010 at 12:31 amLeek

Reminds me a bit of the Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon

• February 24, 2010 at 12:50 amsigh

i found this episode to almost a complete waste of time because it was lame, and i only laughed a few times. nothing more, the end

• February 24, 2010 at 1:30 amMegas

That’s a big gun…

I’m losing my mind with this show…

• February 24, 2010 at 3:46 amvic

i can’t beleive this pathetic fillers are being blog, omni might be the only person in all the internet to blog this shit.

• February 24, 2010 at 6:31 amGrimmer

Don’t diss the fillers lol. They might be generic, but at least it has a clear beginning and a clear end which it reaches at a solid pace. The current arc in the manga, on the other hand, can be used as an example of all the mistakes a mangaka can make lol. If Bleach would’ve started with an arc like that it would’ve had a handful followers max. People get less and less demanding with every chapter…pitiful.

• February 24, 2010 at 7:49 amStarshade

Kazeshini, huh? Now that’s one interesting part.

• February 24, 2010 at 8:34 amENNIDAY

LOL whose shinigami’s baby is that

• February 24, 2010 at 8:59 amAuroraFlame

Not that I like fillers, but the second half of this reminded me of FLCL — a lot of that battle scene was “Does this remind you of anything?”

• February 24, 2010 at 11:21 amJay

More garbage they need to pull this bleach trash of the air. Omni save ur time n blog this series when they go back to manga material lol

• February 24, 2010 at 12:35 pmkarura2000

hm, focus on spacific zanpakto. I HOPE THEY HAVE AN EPISODE FOR CRAZY BONES. I love the way those 2 look. Plus i enjoy their abilities. (eventhough i’m sure they wont showcase their powers for a filler, since its so close too being used in the actual series)

• February 24, 2010 at 1:03 pmstarss

Boring. Moving on. …why am I even commenting here?

• February 24, 2010 at 2:31 pmMoriken

Wow, this episode is almost an 1:1 copy of an old Patlabor episode…

• February 24, 2010 at 5:04 pmShad P

My favourite quote was Nanao saying “There are no ghosts in Soul Society” in the sewers. LOLWUT? Followed closely by Ichigo’s “I’ve never seen a Hollow with a sword before!” a few episodes ago, this proves that the writers are just messing with us now.

• February 24, 2010 at 6:41 pmkoager

I thought that Hisagomaru was very lame
    like it looked cool when we first saw it in ep134 but just how it looks and then the big giant cannon coming out was stupid.
    The ending was lame, too.
    Another thing is, they have chickens in Soul Society? I don’t really get how that works since it’s suppose to be spirit particle based unless they stole them from the real world.

• February 24, 2010 at 7:20 pmNope

To answer a few questions:
    -The baby in the preview seems to be Ise’s “Itegumo” personified, from what the voiceover is saying during the clip.
    -Nanao’s zampakutou hasn’t even been seen, nor named, let alone explained or used; there’s not much chance a filler episode would explore something that canon hasn’t dealt with yet.

• February 24, 2010 at 9:28 pmMushmallow

Hisagomaru’s form-design is wierd, but seeing the big Yoko-style cannon was amusing.

• February 24, 2010 at 10:14 pmShadowhatchi

Is wabisuke finally going to do something in an episode? I might go watch that one then.

• February 24, 2010 at 11:13 pmBROOKLYN otaku

hahah “IT SLIPPED!?” bankai=fail

• February 24, 2010 at 11:51 pmKy0_Sama

This episode was ADORABLE. I couldn’t care any less that it was filler, the monster was worthless and they made an embarrassment out of Ikkaku’s bankai but Hanatarou and his zanpakutou made this episode a classic in my book.

• February 25, 2010 at 6:34 amkaineng

wow, nice episode, watched it late liao, surprised it was hisagomaru wor, but it makes sense anyway. more kazeshini next episode?

• February 25, 2010 at 10:43 amichigoat

• February 25, 2010 at 12:08 pmmultiverse

[url=http://www.2fight.com/index.php?par_num=37474][img]http://www.2fight.com/upload/promo/12524_avatar_100_361.gif[/img][/url]

• February 25, 2010 at 9:07 pmAdam?

I feel sorry for the people making this anime. The manga arc is so bad and slow that they’ve had to pull out three filler arcs during its course just to not catch up. Sure, this is pretty bad, but the one prior to this was better than most of the hueco mundo garbage.

• February 26, 2010 at 7:32 pmKit Kat

Hisagomaru: Most ADORABLE ZANPAKUTOU EVER. He’s like Hanatarou except way less annoying ’cause he’s got a big ass gun!
    Speakin’ of asses, I was literally rolling on the floor when Hisagomaru stabbed Ikkaku. ^_^