Kimi ni Todoke – 25 (END) »« Kimi ni Todoke – 23

Kimi ni Todoke   24   13 Kimi ni Todoke   24   14 Kimi ni Todoke   24   15
Kimi ni Todoke   24   16 Kimi ni Todoke   24   17 Kimi ni Todoke   24   18
Kimi ni Todoke   24   19 Kimi ni Todoke   24   20 Kimi ni Todoke   24   21
Kimi ni Todoke   24   22 Kimi ni Todoke   24   23 Kimi ni Todoke   24   24
Kimi ni Todoke   24   25 Kimi ni Todoke   24   26 Kimi ni Todoke   24   27
Kimi ni Todoke   24   28 Kimi ni Todoke   24   29 Kimi ni Todoke   24   30

Summary:

Sawako and Kazehaya don’t talk or even look at each other at first, but when she slips in the snow, he catches her. Once the two realize how close they are though, they separate in embarrassment. Watching from the bushes are Chizuru, Ayane, and Ryuu, and since it’s frustrating for them to see this, they call Kazehaya to give an excuse for why they aren’t there and to break the ice between him and Sawako. Thanks to this, Kazehaya suggests to Sawako that they go get some amazake, and the two walk side-by-side into the shrine. Delighted by this progress, Chizuru and Ayane head into the shrine as well to make sure that no one interferes, especially not one of their classmates. Kazehaya and Sawako meanwhile get cups of amazake, and Sawako becomes embarrassed when the booth lady calls them a couple. After trying the amazake, Kazehaya claims that this is the first time he’s thought it tasted good, and Sawako is happy to see this “first time”. Kazehaya, however, points out that she’s been witness to plenty of firsts for him, including his first time going on the first shrine visit of the year with someone and his first time buying a cellphone strap for a girl. He’s also wearing a haramaki, the one she gave him, for the first time.

Kazehaya then asks Sawako about her email address, so she sends it to him via a message with her phone. The message thanks him for everything this year and expresses how happy she is that he’s with her today. Seeing the 1231 in her address, Kazehaya realizes that today is her birthday, and fortunately for him, there’s still fifteen minutes until midnight, so he’s able to wish her a happy birthday. He wishes he could have gotten her something, but she feels that he already has by letting her know more about him and by being with her now as she turns 16 years old. Wanting to get to know her better, Kazehaya asks about her childhood, so she tells him about school and how she played by herself a lot. His comment on how she’s good at finding fun things causes her to realize how much he was thinking about her, and she then finishes telling him about everything leading up to high school and the point that they met. Thinking about the past year and the impact that Kazehaya made on her, Sawako realizes that the year and the birthday that she was able to spend with him are both about to end, and a new year is about to begin.

Kimi ni Todoke   24   Preview 01 Kimi ni Todoke   24   Preview 02 Kimi ni Todoke   24   Preview 03

This was a decent episode thanks to some funny moments in the first half from Chizuru, Ayane, and Ryuu, and because of all of the Sawako and Kazehaya relationship development in the second half. But for a next-to-last episode, I was expecting that something a bit more significant would have happened between the main couple. In fact, when Sawako wondered if there was a way for her to convey her feelings in a single word or phrase, I felt the urge to yell at the screen to tell her that there was. Alas, there was no confession in this episode from either side, and the episode didn’t end up being very powerful emotionally. As much as I like seeing Sawako and Kazehaya get closer, I’m starting to feel like Ayane did early in the episode. Of course, a lot can still happen in the finale, and I’m hoping for a strong finish. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s some sort of epilogue at the end of it since I know that the manga is still going and that they might eventually animate a second series.

March 24, 2010 at 11:18 pm
  • March 24, 2010 at 11:22 pmShimapan

FTP!! Sadoko wtf

• March 24, 2010 at 11:33 pmKahiry

second series?! waa! I want more of sawakoooo!!!

• March 24, 2010 at 11:42 pmSilivious

I’m hoping they do make a 2nd season…so much more to make. :D

• March 25, 2010 at 12:07 amSyllen

sawako needs to keep this hairstyle forever

• March 25, 2010 at 12:29 amSomeKindaNick

T^T Last ever Omni blog huh?

• March 25, 2010 at 12:32 amOmni

Syllen: Agreed!

SomeKindaNick: No, there’s still a bunch of episodes of various series before next week. Next week’s KnT finale and episode of Bleach will be my final two posts.

• March 25, 2010 at 12:48 amSteph.

I seriously hope this will get a conclusion. I seriously WANT an anime-only ending :c Here’s hoping Kazehaya and Sawako confess to each other next (and final) episode. I’m tired of Kazehaya and Sawako being… themselves :c (I say that with much love for both of them).:P

• March 25, 2010 at 12:56 amGabe

@steph keep wanting, so it’s been word for word out of the manga

• March 25, 2010 at 1:12 amPhocus

At first, this series was a bit uncomfortable for me to watch, and I was skeptical to how it would turn out. But after so many episodes, it has grown to be one of the best shows this season. Only thing that constantly bugs me is Kazehaya – although he and Sawako are a deserving couple, he seems likes such a generic good boy. But then again, I’m too used to generic male leads with weak personalities or quirky traits.

So heartwarming~~~

• March 25, 2010 at 1:25 amCanelo

Nice!!!!

• March 25, 2010 at 5:13 amAlec

loved the first half of the episode. sheeeiittt!!!! its been 24 eps already and theyre still not f**king dating!

• March 25, 2010 at 5:15 amKiseki

They’re keeping it very close to the manga, so I doubt they’ll have any strong finish, but a good place to leave off for a second season.

• March 25, 2010 at 9:13 amnaixil

SECOND SERIES!!!

gosh, i really hope they do continue with that.

• March 25, 2010 at 9:35 amIsland Esper

Amazake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Ryuu he didn’t got any. As always Ayane and Chizu for the win. Remembering those “first” is really sweet. Trying to grab the hand of her the first time. Staring at her eyes for hours the first time. The first true love will always be the first love. After that it doesn’t feel the same. The more you do it it gets worse. As sad at it’s sounds I don’t expect a strong ending (prove me wrong please!!!!) As some had said they have stick very close to the manga and to get into the second season there should be no anime original. Unless they go for the dream it didn’t happen sequence. Geeshh Kazehaya needs a sweet dream of him kissing Sawako.

• March 25, 2010 at 11:14 amLe

Kazehaya still hasn’t said her first name, yet, has he? xD I can imagine how cute that scene will be~ And yes, Sawako must definitely keep this hairstyle. >:9

• March 25, 2010 at 11:15 amLe

l.m.a.o. @ Sawako’s childhood activities. *it was kinda depressing like she said too..*

._.”

• March 25, 2010 at 5:30 pmSora no Kaze

Guys comment All Good Thing…, we must hit over 9000 comments for a miracle. And thanks for keeping up with this series, I really appreciated looking at the summaries and will watch the show in the near future.

• March 25, 2010 at 7:06 pmBliner

;_;
    Sad because next week there will be no post about Sawako :/

• March 26, 2010 at 12:02 amLoL

Sawako is definetly harmful, can make someone diabethic only talking to him. It’s so cute :D

• March 26, 2010 at 9:38 pmEri

1 more episode left.

I am hoping for a second season, Omni!

And I can’t believe that next week will be your last week in blogging…

Sorry, I still can’t get over…but we’ll adjust!

• March 29, 2010 at 9:36 amhung

I like the moment between 15:30~15:39 when he say “Happy birthday”

So cute :)) Kira kira

I’d like a wallpaper of that moment