Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood – 52 »« Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood – 51

Nakagawa Shoko – RAY OF LIGHT PV (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ED5)

Have the new Fullmetal Alchemist opening and ending themes caught on with you yet? Well if not, here’s the PV for Nakagawa Shoko‘s latest addition to the series’ ending themes. There’s not much in the way of cosplay from “Shokotan” like she’s known for, but the PV still showcases her visual appeal pretty nicely (i.e. cuteness). As for the song itself, it’s grown on me over the course of the week and I really like the lead in to it, which works well from the anime’s standpoint. Enjoy!

April 8, 2010 at 5:34 pm
  • April 8, 2010 at 5:40 pmphilip

i definitely agree that there is a good lead in, but the song doesn’t really appeal to me that much.

• April 8, 2010 at 6:02 pmkonaha

Didn’t know shokotan was the one who sang the song, didn’t got time to revisit the op and ed again.

• April 8, 2010 at 6:06 pmSunRise

I think by the 10th time I listen to this song I will be liking it… LOL happens 80% of the time with songs.
    However I liked “Uso” the first time I listen to it:) [ano hi mita sora akaneiro no sora wo nee kimi wa oboeteimasuka]

• April 8, 2010 at 6:18 pmKevin

Gotta love Shokotan. I really like how the song ends with the guitar.

• April 8, 2010 at 6:21 pmButtercup

I actually like the OP more than the ED ^^ but it grew on me after awhile

Divine, I haven’t thanked you yet for keeping RC going =) so THANK YOU! I check this site almost on a religious basis, kind of freaky =X so thanks so much for continuing to blog.

• April 8, 2010 at 6:22 pm7

cat butt sniffer.

• April 8, 2010 at 6:46 pmPw3age

Shokotan did a FMA ED? Nicee. I liked the final shot of the PV

• April 8, 2010 at 6:50 pmSky

I like the song.. Never heard it before, i’m not following FMAB.. And Divine, thanks for blogging the first impressions, will you present a list of what you will be blogging after all the first epis come out?

• April 8, 2010 at 7:46 pmdivine

I’d like to, but to be honest, I’m having a difficult time deciding myself. For example, the second episodes of HEROMAN, B Gata H Kei, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama aired today and I can’t even decide between those (though I’m leaning towards the latter two). -_-;

• April 8, 2010 at 8:36 pmProoof

I hope you do kaichou wa maid, working, k-on, giant killing, fma :)

• April 8, 2010 at 7:23 pmNeverTipsy

Loved her live concert at AX 08, almost brought me to man tears listening to Sorairo days in person. I say give it some time and it may grow on people. Though I think sorairo days was epic from the beginning.

• April 8, 2010 at 7:46 pmDragonite88

Guess you got my link then lol. I was wondering when you where going to put it up and now you have great.

• April 8, 2010 at 8:12 pmJJGG

This song is awesome I really liked how the episode 51 ended it was very emotional. And Divine please keep the good work, I’m not a good writer in the comments but I always visit your web it’s really cool. B Gata H Kei is realle badass xD

• April 8, 2010 at 8:54 pmRanzell

I’d just like to say that she probably looks drastically different without makeup on. Like 360 degrees. I can’t put my finger on what makes me think that, but I could almost guarantee it.

• April 8, 2010 at 10:32 pmchingoo

I enjoy the vocal work on the song. I like the blend of orchestra and rock(?). I’m a sucker when there’s Piano and Guitar. Ah <3

• April 8, 2010 at 11:26 pmhelen

As Philip asserted, great lead-in. The vocals, the voice… is extremely dull.

• April 9, 2010 at 12:11 ammw2 beast

im good as long as u plan to blog kon and angel beats only cause im a sucker 4 kyo ani for kon and key 4 angel beats

• April 9, 2010 at 5:14 amAsuka

When I heard the new FMAB songs I liked the OP more than the ED. But now with this MV it grew on me. It’s really not the same as Gurren Lagann songs.

Thank you Divine for keeping RandomC alive!

• April 9, 2010 at 6:27 amKen

It’s MIO!! D:

• April 9, 2010 at 10:49 amdivine

Ha, maybe she is cosplaying after all then! You’re right though. The outfit is similar to Mio’s in the “Don’t say ‘lazy’” ending sequence.

• April 9, 2010 at 12:41 pmBrisa’s a bitch

Hey!!! You’re not gonna post BLEACH????!!!!!!!!!! WTF!! If you’re posting FMA you should do the same with Bleach!! All these anime (except K-ON!!) aren’t gonna last more than 24 episodes they are no worth it!!!!

• April 9, 2010 at 8:22 pmWormy

Hey!!! Can you stop complaining????!!!!!!!! WTF!! You are acting as if people own you a living!! Divine blogs whatever anime he like!! Bleach might last more than 24 episode but 60% of them are filler trash anyway!!

P.S. How does it feels to have people talking to you in such a rude manner??

• April 10, 2010 at 5:07 amEamon

Bleach isn’t even worth blogging.

FMAB is.

• April 10, 2010 at 3:09 pmBrisa’s a bitch

Of course!! The filler are not worth it! But they are returning to canon this week!! (Yeah, i’ve been very rude, sorry!!)

• April 10, 2010 at 5:23 pmJeffry2009

That title reminds me of Madonna’s Ray of light.

• April 12, 2010 at 10:43 amhirou

Still haven’t found download/torrent link anywhere, only 1:30 min version :(

• April 12, 2010 at 10:46 amhirou

disregard that; strangely, spanish fans are quicker than others…