B Gata H Kei – 03 »« B Gata H Kei – 01

B Gata H Kei   02   22 B Gata H Kei   02   23 B Gata H Kei   02   24
B Gata H Kei   02   25 B Gata H Kei   02   26 B Gata H Kei   02   27
B Gata H Kei   02   28 B Gata H Kei   02   29 B Gata H Kei   02   30
B Gata H Kei   02   31 B Gata H Kei   02   32 B Gata H Kei   02   33
B Gata H Kei   02   34 B Gata H Kei   02   35 B Gata H Kei   02   36
B Gata H Kei   02   37 B Gata H Kei   02   38 B Gata H Kei   02   39

「そうだ!プールに行こう。私の水着、みたいよねっ!」 (Sou da! Puuru ni Ikou. Watashi no Mizugi, Mitai yo ne!)
“I Know! Let’s Go to the Pool. You Want to See My Swimsuit Don’t You!”

The only thing funnier than a hormone-raging perverted male character in its respective category has to be a female one. It’s even better when you place her dead center in a series too, which Yamada continues to prove in this episode. I don’t know what she’d do without “F-shita” though, both in terms of comedy and actually getting anywhere with Takashi. As you can probably guess, this series continues to be all about Yamada trying to shack up with him and blow her virginity out of the water, but it still isn’t nearly as showy as the series going for the full exposure type of service. In fact, they show pretty much nothing and it’s because of that very reason that I’m enjoying this series a hell of a lot. The comedy is more from Yamada’s rabid imagination and how it gets carried away beyond belief than Takashi falling into her breasts or something along those lines.

The pool portion of this episode was a good example of that, as neither Yamada nor Miharu had their tops fall off, but we did get a surprisingly arousing whimper from the former when Takashi grabbed onto her for dear life. Follow that up her jumping the gun on a gay relationship between Takashi and Miharu’s boyfriend Matsuo Daisuke (Koizumi Yutaka) and it’s just good adult-themed laughs here. To that end, I’m amused by how Miharu can jump in and dish out the tsukkomi even when it’s just thoughts running through Yamada’s sex-ridden mind. I guess she can read exactly what’s going through Yamada’s mind based on her facial expression, but even if that weren’t the case, it’s funny regardless of whether it makes sense or not!

「ライバル出現!誰よ?あのFカップ!?」 (Raibaru Shutsugen! Dare yo? Ano F Kappu!?)
“A Rival Appears! Who is That F Cup!?”

In the latter half of the episode (they all seem to be broken up into two parts), it was humorous seeing Yamada stock up on a mountain of condoms and hearing how she wants to be perceived as a girl who’s always ready to have sex. Things then got even better with the appearance of the childhood F cup friend to spoil her fun. Now this girl may be known as Miyano Mayu in this show, but the whole big-busted, glasses-wearing character played by Hanazawa Kana sure seems a lot like a certain Sonohara Anri from Durarara, with the addition of the dojikko (clumsy) personality. Much like Anri, I’m starting to think that big-busted meganekko characters are “dangerous existences” in the grand scheme of things, and I’m willing to bet that B cup Yamada agrees with me.

All in all, a good episode filled with adult-themed gags. The next one looks like it’ll introduce another female character to drive Yamada up the wall while she continues to prey on Takashi. The preview indicates that she’s found out about his interest in photography and is willing pose nude for him, so I can already imagine how that will play out based on the dark room scene. All I got to say is, who would’ve thought that the guy would be Little Red Riding Hood and the girl with her dress shirt undone and no bra on is the Big Bad Wolf?

B Gata H Kei   02   Preview 01 B Gata H Kei   02   Preview 02 B Gata H Kei   02   Preview 03

April 10, 2010 at 1:13 am
  • April 10, 2010 at 1:59 amClick

You know, there always seems to be a big busted meganekko like you mentioned =P. There’s one here and in Durarara like you mentioned, but there’s also another one in KissxSis (Miharu Mikuni).

• April 10, 2010 at 2:09 amPhosphatide

I think I laughed more than I should’ve when they used the camera as a suggestive object.

• April 10, 2010 at 2:37 amBlueEyedReaper

Funny as always but Yamada is just being stupid and ended up as the four-eyed girl’s love consultant . . .

• April 10, 2010 at 2:42 amGhargh

haha, good ep actually

• April 10, 2010 at 2:56 amM2

strip away her “dream” and this is just a regular romcom. i find the premise of the show a little more and more disturbing as time passes.

• April 10, 2010 at 9:21 amtokugawa

However, what’s refreshing here is the pro-active-ness of the main heroine.

This so totally goes against what japanese society usually enforces that one might consider this a series that really promotes gender equality.

What’s wrong in women enjoying and looking for sex? Opposite to popular belief, men do not think of sex more often than women do.

• April 10, 2010 at 3:09 amsherry

I like the lightness of this anime and the fact you can just, well, sit back and enjoy what comes at you without worrying about any catastrophe, apocalypse or drama dropping on you like a bomb aha~
    A pleasure to watch ^^

• April 10, 2010 at 4:15 amSkins Thunderbomb

I am really enjoying this series. XD Kinda hoping for an uncut version though cause those censor bars are as annoying as all hell.

• April 10, 2010 at 4:25 amCyklops

I laughed so hard when Yamada thought that Kosuda and Daisuke were gay!

• April 10, 2010 at 4:32 amAlec

@ Divine

you sure are blogging TOO MANY shows… do u plan on dropping some?

• April 10, 2010 at 4:52 amMrRei

I don’t know how divine drops shows. but omni tends to do it after 2-3 eps based on his enjoyment level of the show.. so far divine’s bloggings are all the first eps of the season (which omni also does).. may be he’ll drop some of the weaker shows by the 3rd eps.

• April 10, 2010 at 5:42 amCherubium

Well at the current rate, he would need to drop shows or face extreme sickness that would knock him out for a week or two.

• April 10, 2010 at 8:39 amMrRei

agreed.. divine might not want to blog this many. after omni left, I thought the pace of posting would slow a little.. but that’s not the case is it? however, I do think there is good in posting this many; for starters divine would know the limit of how many shows he can actually take (of course, don’t push too hard ether).. if he feels that he’s blogging too much, i would suggest dropping the least he likes one by one..

@Rockmanshii, omni retired.. so he definitely won’t kill himself blogging..

• April 10, 2010 at 7:02 amRockmanshii

Don’t kill yourself blogging everything Omni!!!

• April 10, 2010 at 11:12 amRockmanshii

lmao of course I was talking about Divine,so much accustomed to Omni I typed it without thinking.

• April 10, 2010 at 12:46 pmdivine

It may be surprising to hear, but I plan to continue watching everything that I’ve covered so far, though some won’t be as high on my priority list and won’t be considered for blogging (e.g. HEROMAN). There are still two shows coming up that haven’t aired yet that I’d like to cover the first episodes of as well, namely Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru and Saraiya Goyou.

Out of all the shows I’ve blogged about in the past week, I really don’t want to cover more than one show a day, but may make an exception in some cases. (i.e. On Fridays with Angel Beats and Durarara.) This unfortunately puts me in quite a bind on Sundays, as there will be four shows to choose from — GIANT KILLING, WORKING!!, Uraboku, and Arakawa Under the Bridge.

While I’d like to cover more niche series such as GIANT KILLING, RAINBOW, and the occasional ecchi series like I’ve generally done on Random Curiosity, I don’t have the luxury to ignore some of the more popular shows that Omni covered anymore. Since I plan to watch them all myself, I’m thinking about simply picking shows based on a combination of what most readers would like to see covered (judging from the comments) and what I personally enjoy writing about.

For the rest of the shows, I may pop in with a sporadic Snapshot now and then on an interesting episode or simply just write up a condensed post with a single screenshot and few quick thoughts. That said, would anyone even be interested in the latter for the shows I can’t cover in detail? It would be similar to how our posts on manga are like.

• April 10, 2010 at 1:21 pmMrRei

I wouldn’t mind having a non-detailed just opinion episode post w/ screenshots. I guess others may not.. In the end, it’s up to you to blog how ever you want which ever you want. This IS “Random Curiosity” and you do have plenty of supporters here ^^.. Everyone’s just greatful you kept RC running ;D

• April 10, 2010 at 1:35 pmLe

Definitely with MrRei on that one. I am one of many that are simply grateful that you’ve continued Random Curiosity. Though I couldn’t help but also notice how many shows you were blogging. Your a beast!

• April 10, 2010 at 9:23 pmIsland Esper

One or two reviews are better than no reviews. So, agreed with that style of blog. go got it.

• April 10, 2010 at 11:55 pmAlec

after OMNI left, i really had thought that RC would become slow and eventually die out, but it went opposite to what I expected. It brought more visitors.

• April 10, 2010 at 4:32 amNoir

She bought condoms like ice cream on a very hot summer day,
    lol @ the preview though, Gender role reversal for the (Cute)Big Bad Wolf and (Not so)Little(Plain)Red Riding Hood.Kosuda better watch out.

• April 10, 2010 at 5:11 amcutemi2

CONDOMS….

• April 10, 2010 at 6:35 amBenigmatica

Hmm, about Daisuke Matsuo… Is Yutaka Koizumi (don’t know ’bout him) really voicing Takeshita’s girfriend… I saw the ANN entry of B-Gata H-Kei, look at the cast, and then saw Takehito Koyasu there… Is that an error to ANN part?

• April 10, 2010 at 12:18 pmdivine

Yup, that’s an error on ANN. Koizumi Yutaka is who’s listed in the credits and on the Japanese Wikipedia page. Also, Daisuke doesn’t sound like Koyasu Takehito anyway.

• April 10, 2010 at 6:56 amKarmafan

That glasses girl character sure has a wide range of voices. She also voices Kobato.

• April 10, 2010 at 7:48 amBlacksun88

wow interesting!! might give this series a try ^^

• April 10, 2010 at 8:52 amEnderTheXenocide

LOL@ poor Kosuka and his tiny defender being measured by various toiletry bottles. I’m really surprised at how consistently funny these two episodes have been throughout, and am stoked that RC is actually covering it. Thanks Divine!

• April 10, 2010 at 10:54 amXanathos

My first post in this advent of randomc.

Ok, i’ve never seen a series that by just reading and watching the screens, is making me laugh so much. I got to see this series! Thanks for the post!

• April 10, 2010 at 11:24 amKinny Riddle

After playing Dobato, sorry, Kobato, Kana-chan plays yet another dojikko, and this time an F-cup meganekko to boot. I fainted from her moe. lol

Biggest lol has to be Yamada’s no-holds-barred buying of condoms though.

The violet-haired girl in the preview with her “Armstrong Charm Twinkles” (courtesy of Major Alex Louis Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist lol ) doesn’t seem to be a potential competition for Yamada, as she’s seen with a guy in the ED. So Yamada may be worrying too much. Mayu remains her only threat to losing her virginity so far.

• April 10, 2010 at 11:28 amJustin Olbrantz (Quantam)

Well, she’s making progress. In the first episode she seemed freakin crazy. Now she just seems perverted and airheaded.

• April 10, 2010 at 12:02 pmGuest

Aren’t you writing about “Bleach” like Omni?

• April 10, 2010 at 12:19 pmdivine

Sorry, I have no plans to cover the Bleach manga or anime. I actually dropped the series over two years ago when I was cutting back on never-ending shounen shows.

• April 10, 2010 at 1:36 pmLe

xDD *highfive* Me too~!

• April 10, 2010 at 10:13 pmKinny Riddle

I recently made the decision to drop that god-forsaken series before they finish with their current filler campaign and return to the manga storyline, by which I’ll get stuck again. It’s like a massive burden released off my shoulders, I tell you, freeing me up with less worry and more time to enjoy series like B Gata H Kei.

• April 10, 2010 at 1:38 pmLe

I watched this scene and thought not much of it (save for the laughs) but then I see it here and.. well I got another laugh. It’s so provocative on it’s own~! xDD I still remember the sound she made. O_.

• April 10, 2010 at 1:44 pmkgods

I’ll stick around for this series, it’s made me laugh more than a few times.

Favs:
    1. The camera/phallic connection
    2. “Cow tits” lol
    3. Yamada’s friend is a cutie… her reaction to the F-cup girl was interesting
    4. Condoms, that’s all that needs to be said

• April 10, 2010 at 4:25 pmSentinel

Looks as wonderfully over the top as always! Can’t wait for next week’s episode, the reversed Big Bad wolf thing made me fall out of my chair laughing…

• April 10, 2010 at 8:49 pmPhuong

Yamada is surrounded by F cups. xD

• April 10, 2010 at 9:32 pmmayu08

B-cup B-cup Lol~ing at image 5

• April 10, 2010 at 10:49 pmPw3age

I’d choose the B cup anyday.

• April 11, 2010 at 12:29 amewok40k

Yamada’s delusions are moving from LOL to ROTFL territory – this is my fave comedy since, well, Love Hina? Narusegawa as tsundere was as funny but not as innovative character.

• April 11, 2010 at 2:42 pmkgods

• April 11, 2010 at 6:05 pmMonik

D: i’ll definitely watch this hahaha

• April 12, 2010 at 8:06 pmmotsu

It really works with the adult-themed jokes and exaggerations instead of using exposing fanservice. Very entertaining and one to watch for sure this season.

• April 13, 2010 at 3:52 amSin1505