Introduction – “The Prooof is in the Pudding”

With the recent retirement of Omni, certain series have been lacking coverage, namely Bleach, so here I am to fill that void. Bleach is the longest running series I have been following and it goes back to the time I spent a few weeks one summer doing nine-hour-a-day marathons to catch up on all of the episodes. As it is one of the series that originally drew me into the realm of anime, I also feel a bit obligated to follow the Bleach franchise faithfully through its good parts and bad parts, until the very end.

Compared to Divine and Omni, the type of shows I watch is noticeably less diverse since I got into anime and manga relatively recently. Death Note was the first series I watched; after that hooked me, I got into Bleach, then Shakugan no Shana, and then there was no turning back. Though I don’t quite consider myself a hardcore fan, I do dabble in various anime-related circles, like art, music, clubs — mostly using the Internet as a gateway. Last year, a friend linked me to one of Random Curiosity’s season previews, and I have been a regular reader ever since.

I currently reside in Taiwan, where the more “anime-friendly” environment (e.g. K-ON ads on buses) and a lot of spare time have made it easier to increase the variety in my anime list and allowing me follow more series simultaneously than before. As for my all time favorite series, I would have to say they are Fullmetal Alchemist, Clannad, and Death Note, though of course this list is always changing as new series are aired.

Bleach is the only one of the big three shounen series (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) that I keep up with, but I may blog other shows from time to time as well. My writing style tends to be very concise and I’m not particularly eloquent, but I will try my best to elaborate when necessary and smooth out my writing. Of course I welcome any feedback as well, and I look forward to contributing to this site and following the ups and downs of the Bleach universe together with the RC community.

Douzo Yoroshiku!
–Prooof

prooof%20 %20introduction
April 21, 2010 at 9:29 pm
  • April 21, 2010 at 9:35 pmGamma Rallyson

Welcome. I kinda do miss the BLEACH updates, kinda because it’s moving at a crippled snails pace, but it was the first Manga I ever read/bought so it still has a black in my black cold heart!

… Please enjoy your stay! :D

• April 21, 2010 at 9:35 pmlongtimefirsttime

Welcome fellow Shana fan!

Living in Taiwan, have you ever visited Japan? Incidentally, I will be studying in Tokyo this summer.

• April 21, 2010 at 10:04 pmProoof

I’ve been to Japan a few years back, I might be going again this summer.

• April 21, 2010 at 9:49 pmAznCoffee

Welcome Prooof! :D

I’m so glad someone going to be covering Bleach again. xD That Gin… oy.

I hope you stay for a loooong time. :]

• April 21, 2010 at 9:53 pmWhtieLighter17

Omni legacy leads on to new generations, the old RC may have died, but the new RC is the next generation, thanks for covering all the animes we love everyone

• April 21, 2010 at 9:55 pmInfected-Monk

Welcome :D

Will you be covering both the manga and the anime? or just one of the two?

• April 21, 2010 at 10:00 pmProoof

I’ll be doing both.

• April 24, 2010 at 6:37 amDragonite88

Well good luck with the blog. You have some big shoes to fill left by omni.

• April 21, 2010 at 10:01 pmClick

Mmmm….I’ve seen your posts a ton of times around the blog XD. Gz on becoming a new contributor :D

• April 21, 2010 at 10:02 pmSoapie

Welcome :) Yay pudding! We look forward to your blogging!

• April 21, 2010 at 10:10 pmSirMuffin

Ah, now with you, RC now has 3 writers with extra vowels in their names… jAAlin, kIIRagi, prOOOF,… I guess divine should change his name? Joking aside, I look forward to getting my weekly bleach fix again! Welcome:D

• April 21, 2010 at 10:12 pmxHoneythief

Ahh Welcome! :D It makes me so happy to see RC so… active, even though Omni is gone. HIS LEGACY LIVES ON! Lol.

Thank you for contributing to RC. <3 I was actually missing the Bleach updates quite a bit…

• April 21, 2010 at 10:13 pmThomas

I don’t currently watch/read Bleach but it’s so cool to see new contributors joining and Divine putting in the amount of effort he is to keep this great anime blog alive. Welcome, and I hope the commenters treat you nicely! :P

• April 21, 2010 at 10:16 pmstarss

Yay! More bloggers.

Nice to meet you, Prooof. The Fei illustration is random, but makes me feel at ease at this first impression of you.

• April 21, 2010 at 10:24 pmChris

Hi Proof… welcome!

Question: who is that blonde character in your post?

• April 21, 2010 at 10:27 pmbrianwuzhere

I see you also dropped Vampire Bund and I applaud you for even giving kiss x sis a try lol…anyways, welcome.

• April 21, 2010 at 10:38 pmimerik

Sweet I see this right as I get to read the bleach manga. I’m still following the manga somehow so glad to see you writing here :D

• April 21, 2010 at 10:41 pmFreya

Dude are you Taiwanese though?

GO TAIWAN!!!!! lol.

• April 21, 2010 at 10:43 pmduh

Welcome and congratulations on becoming another writer on this great blog, I’m sure you’ll fit right in and I’ll look forward to reading your summaries and reviews on Bleach.

Now since you’re covering Bleach, maybe you can help me understand something (or any one else for that matter) that’s been bothering me for a while. During the early episodes where Ichigo goes to Soul Society to save Rukia from execution for sharing her powers with him, he had to wear a cloak that was given to him by Yoruichi in order to “fly” up to where she was being tied to.

Now in the past 100 odd episodes or more, everyone’s been flying around fine without any need of such a special cloak, be it in the real world, Soul Society or even in Hueco Mundo. So is that just a plot hole or did I miss something?

• April 21, 2010 at 10:57 pmamado

ill answer for him, the walls of sereitei absorb reishi that’s needed for shinigami to walk on air.
      in the real world and hueco mundo, they can freely use reishi to walk on air.

• April 22, 2010 at 12:13 amduh

But they’re still flying around even within the central Sereitei sections so I’m not sure that’s still a valid reason.

• April 22, 2010 at 1:09 amamado

they aren’t “flying”, they are more like doing high jumps examples:they used shunpo to boost them upwards and looks like they’re flying when they aren’t, they were blown back by a powerful blast or some bankai or abilities give them the ability to “fly”.

• April 22, 2010 at 1:45 amduh

I’m fairly certain that several shinigami are literally just standing in mid air at some points, not “jumping”, but unfortunately I don’t have the patience to sift through 100 odd episodes to give you an example so I guess I can’t back up my argument.

• April 22, 2010 at 6:25 amAecen

Well, in the real world they aren’t really flying… they actually attach small spirits to their feet, using them almost as stepping stones.

Since these spirts don’t exist in SS, they were unable to fly. Maybe in the fillers they forgot about that, but I tend to avoid those.

In HM, i’m not sure if these spirts exist or not, but i’d assume it works the same as the real world.

• April 22, 2010 at 4:49 pmamado

yeah thats what I meant, reishi means spirit particles that they use to stand on the air.

• April 21, 2010 at 10:48 pmNoririn

What the hell did you do to my pudding?

Welcome rookie.

• April 21, 2010 at 10:51 pmGodknows

I can’t remember the last time I watched bleach…

• April 21, 2010 at 10:59 pmValient

Seems like the series is finally finishing the filler episodes which i mostly skip, now 266 the story continues

• April 21, 2010 at 10:54 pmamado

another blogger yay!
    I follow bleach to but stopped watching it for a while in the middle of the 2nd filler.
    good timing since the anime now back to real material.

now we just need someone for fairy tail……

• April 22, 2010 at 4:37 amkaz

fairy tail manga, yeah!! =)

• April 21, 2010 at 11:19 pmwings_xx

Welcome Prooof ^^ ! Looking forward to your reviews!

• April 21, 2010 at 11:20 pmMrTerrorist

Welcome to Random Curiosity, Prooof.
    Since your from Taiwan, where you there when Rie Kugimiya came to Taiwan?

• April 22, 2010 at 12:23 amProoof

heh I actually wasn’t in Taipei then, and I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to freeze off my ass waiting that long ‘-’

• April 21, 2010 at 11:21 pmReshenKusaga

Taiwan yeah! :D

I look forward to reading your posts

• April 21, 2010 at 11:34 pmc2710

i quite like some of your stuff on AP and MT

• April 21, 2010 at 11:47 pmdeathdakid

Welcome prooof.

• April 22, 2010 at 12:09 amKiiragi

LOL is it just me or do we all write in an incredibly similar style? I feel like I’m reading my own writing! Congratulations yo, you’re just like me, except the Bleach Guru. I’ll be looking forward to your anime coverage to see if it’s still worth watching after fillers~

• April 22, 2010 at 12:15 amProoof

Fillers just ended :)

• April 22, 2010 at 12:17 amKiiragi

yar, I know, just meant if the non-filler is even worth watching, given their usual dragged out pace :/

• April 22, 2010 at 12:54 amVent

The first two episodes had me pleasantly surprised. I had not watched an episode of Bleach until this new non-filler season. Much had happened in the first two episodes. It’s actually playing out better than the manga because this is a war we are talking about, it’s easy to drag out fights than it is with plot. So expect to see lots of well animated fight scenes. I hope you blog the first two episodes because it would be a shame if those were the only two to never get blogged. lol

• April 22, 2010 at 12:18 amNice Holystone

Just finished reading the latest Bleach chapter before I check RC for some new posts.
    I’ll be looking forward to your thoughts and posts on the anime and manga.

• April 22, 2010 at 12:21 amFA

Those are the big three? Seriously? I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t rate any of those anywhere on my top 10. Has to be Mahou Sensei Negima for me.

• April 22, 2010 at 1:01 amProoof

those three are considered the “big three” long-running shounen series, and simply are the most popular

• April 22, 2010 at 1:13 amamado

they’re more of “the longest still-ongoing” series than the top 3 shounen series.

• April 22, 2010 at 3:59 amNeedle

That actually implies that they’re in the top 3.

• April 22, 2010 at 12:31 amsherry

welcome ^^
    I’ll be looking forward your reviews~

• April 22, 2010 at 12:36 amJurkasz

Welcome, have fun blogging Bleach :)

• April 22, 2010 at 12:55 amMatt

Welcome, and good luck with this venture! Although you’re relatively new to animanga, just from your speaking style, I’ll be looking forward to your commentary. Also, nice Faye avatar.

• April 22, 2010 at 1:06 amM2

Wow, just in time to catch Bleach as they make their way back onto the main story.

• April 22, 2010 at 1:12 amShugo2b

YES! Main reason i come to RC is for Bleach, i was starting to think i should give up. Glad to have you Prooof!

• April 22, 2010 at 1:28 amdivine

• April 22, 2010 at 1:56 amphilip

Poor divine. Rofl, don’t worry, if it means anything, I enjoy every review you do.

• April 22, 2010 at 2:23 amdivine

*sniff*

• April 22, 2010 at 4:07 amEamon

LOL @ Divine.
        He puts hard work into this site.

• April 22, 2010 at 6:42 amichigoat

im always here for you, divine.. *rubs back*

• April 22, 2010 at 7:43 amSemple

Don’t worry, the lurkers still love ya divine :D

• April 22, 2010 at 9:47 amVent

We are here for ya Divine!

• April 22, 2010 at 9:40 pmMrRei

LOL.. don’t worry divine, prooof is here to help.. not take your place :D
        welcome prooof!

• April 22, 2010 at 1:29 amnplm

welcome and hope u like blogging here :D

• April 22, 2010 at 1:38 amElegant Destruction

Welcome aboard!!! It will be good to see bleached continued in the new RC, and glad to see you are a Tusbasa fan too! ^_<

I look forward to your blogs!

• April 22, 2010 at 2:41 amPachikun

mmmm creo que tu adquisicion no es muy buena, ya que no es justo que despues de que omni se haya retirado el nuevo sitio de Random Curiosity se llene de nuevos escritores que al parecer no aportan mucho, cosa que no paso en el tiempo en el que Omni puso mucho orden en el anterior Random yo soy un usuario desde hace mucho ya que me gusto mucho la incorporacion de Divine pero no de los que ha traido consigo de verda suerte y espero que no pongan mas contenido de One Piece !!! que me parece un pesimo Anime para mi gusto por lo extenso que es!!!

• April 22, 2010 at 2:42 amVoiced

Yay. Welcome!

• April 22, 2010 at 3:50 amSnorlax

Welcome aboard. Personally I think Bleach has become very stale and repetitive. The arrancar arc has been going on for an eternity now with hardly any significant plot twists so unless they don’t get rid of Aizen soon I’ll surely stop reading it but it’s nice to hear you’re writing now. Hopefully you’re posts will be as good as Omni’s and the series will pick up soon before I cease reading it.

• April 22, 2010 at 3:58 amAsuka

Yeah Bleach! ^^ Welcome!! :D

• April 22, 2010 at 4:05 amtman

I love lucky star as well.

My favorite scene.

Yutaka: Oh Tamura-san, What does Yaoi Mean?
    Hiyori: DAHHH! (is speechless for a few seconds) Which definition do you want to hear?

That was hilarious!

• April 22, 2010 at 4:07 amtman

I almost forgot

are you going to do the Bleach omake segments as well?

• April 22, 2010 at 4:13 amBlaineo

Your first post should be about that terrible first episode after the fillers. I watched a full episode of recap, 20 minutes of my life I will never get back. But I thought, well at least it starts next week…no, we get a full episode of Renji/Chad fillers.

Enough of my grumbling, welcome to RC! Looking forward to more! :D

• April 22, 2010 at 4:14 amSkins Thunderbomb

Bleach FTW <3

• April 22, 2010 at 4:17 amRei

Wow, more writers. We should get one for Fairy Tail ;__; it’s so epic atm!!
    Welcome Prooof :D looking forward to your Bleach posts. Do you think the manga is ending soon? Coz i think so :x

• April 22, 2010 at 4:23 amSnorlax

Yes! Fairy Tail coverage would be epic!! Maybe anymore than that would be going a bit overboard but there are so many good manga that could be covered on here. I wonder how many more people would be up to posting about manga on RC. I wouldn’t mind doing Fullmetal Alchemist before it ends…

• April 22, 2010 at 4:42 amkaz

i really wish someone wud step up to blog fairy tail manga… XD

• April 22, 2010 at 4:54 amRei

Yeah, the anime too :( Omni stopped it just as it was Juvia’s turn to shine, also OP3 kicked in. ERZA ARC, yosh! But the manga is definitely on the roll, latest chapter blew me away.
        Fma, yikes, anime is catching up and the manga is monthly. It needs to hurry xD it’s really close to, like 10 chapters apart. Wonder how it’ll end.

• April 22, 2010 at 5:06 amSnorlax

The manga and anime will probably finish very close to each other which is really weird for an anime without fillers. Thanks for the info about the new OP. I haven’t been watching the Fairy Tail anime but it’s always fun watching the OPs.

• April 22, 2010 at 4:21 amRei

Now I remember why your name looks familiar, I’ve seen you around on animesuki forums, lol. Your art place is epic on Minitokyo btw :D

• April 22, 2010 at 4:33 amProoof

I feel that series that go on for too long tend to drop in quality, but I wouldn’t say Bleach is ending anytime soon. We will see though…
      As for the wallpapers, I’m still quite far from the skill level of some of the designers on MT, but thanks =)

• April 22, 2010 at 10:57 amStrawberry

Wow! I have spotted some of your wallpapers on the front page of AP a few times. Great to know that a fellow waller will be joining the RC staff!

• April 22, 2010 at 4:26 amClaire Phoenix

Wow, that’s great news Prooof. Will be waiitng for Bleach patiently, wee.. :D

• April 22, 2010 at 4:27 amROFLWAFFLELAWL

Where are these flux of writers coming from? lulz well welcome! Hope to see some more new faces on here. Make things very VERY lively.

PS: If you’re looking for more writers I’d be happy to lend a hand. Don’t have MUCH time on my hands right now (with work and such) but am willing to set aside some time. Half Japanese and am fluent.

First anime was…damn. There’s been so much. Kinniku-man. Makibao-. The list goes on.

• April 22, 2010 at 4:35 amROFLWAFFLELAWL

Oh on a completely different note, why do we have no Kekkaishi updates? Sure the anime is done (for now) but why is it the manga get’s no attention? It’s still going (and really it’s a great anime). Lot’s of the One Piece cast are in the Kekkaishi anime. The OP is also back-up vocal-ed by (and written by if I remember correctly) B’z lead singer.

• April 22, 2010 at 5:26 amamado

just read the latest chapter now on mangastream.
    ill just hint something here

not really much of a hint because of the cliffhanger on the last bleach chapter.

• April 22, 2010 at 5:51 amamado

off topic:
    weird coincidence that your introduction in doing bleach was done right after one piece and naruto had a new post respectively. just noticed right now.

• April 22, 2010 at 7:46 amSemple

pretty sure it was planned like that…. right divine?

• April 22, 2010 at 11:03 pmdivine

Mere coincidence.

• April 22, 2010 at 6:51 amHitsugaya_10

Welcome to RC!

• April 22, 2010 at 8:20 amvitamin

Welcome, welcome.

Now all we need is more people to cover Reborn and Fairy Tail, and we’ll be set. XD

• April 26, 2010 at 4:32 amkaz

Yeah! Fairy Tail! hehe…sorry for being persistent. XD

• April 22, 2010 at 8:40 amEri

Welome!!!

You are needed! Believe me!! :)

• April 22, 2010 at 9:24 amYuna_Fanel

Welcome Prooof-kun >.<

• April 22, 2010 at 9:27 amRockmanshii

Welcome pal!!! Yeah so there will still be bleach on the blog now I’m happy.

• April 22, 2010 at 10:33 aminfinite

Its a good time to start bloging bleach now that the fillers are done. One more thing, do more people call it taiwan or republic of china who live there.

• April 22, 2010 at 6:23 pmProoof

officially it’s ROC, but in normal conversation I hear Taiwan mostly

• April 22, 2010 at 10:38 amHana

I MISS FAIRY TAIL! ><

• April 22, 2010 at 10:40 amwormy

Yeah! A new blogger!! Thank you so much for helping to revive RC!! :D

• April 22, 2010 at 10:56 amBleachigo

Hi! Nice to meet you! Yeah Thank you in advance for blogging the anime pulled me into the world of anime. Same case as yours ^_^

• April 22, 2010 at 11:13 amKit Kat

Yes! Fai from Tsubasa. *immediate love*
    Welcome Prooof! Many happy times await you here, whether you like them or not… }:)

• April 22, 2010 at 12:42 pmIHM

animu and magma? or just animu?

Glad to hear someone will be covering Bleach. Welcome to RC, and hope to see you next week :D

• April 22, 2010 at 12:48 pmGuardian

Welcome to RC, Prooof. Why the extra “o” btw? Was Proof already taken? :P

Glad someone will be covering Bleach again, even though I’m following both the anime and the manga already. I like the screencaps and discussion you get here. BTW, will you be covering both the manga and the anime? Some pretty cool shit in the latest manga chapter …

• April 22, 2010 at 12:59 pmoctoberasian

It’s why I love reading this blog so much. You guys are good writers, give good summaries, and are comprehensive and varied in tastes of anime and manga.

Welcome to RC, Prooof.

• April 22, 2010 at 1:08 pmSyaoran Li

Welcome aboard pal.

• April 22, 2010 at 1:27 pmSaya

RC has probably the best writers for anime blogs. I like your writing style very much. Look forward to your contribution!

• April 22, 2010 at 2:02 pmSilvfer

welcome to RC proof! looking forward your work’s (:

• April 22, 2010 at 2:47 pmthenewhorde

From Taiwan? I actually grew up in Taiwan myself and was planning to go back but the mandatory serving the army killed the idea for me.

• April 22, 2010 at 3:50 pmLe

omg That’s so cool. Your COOL!! Welcome Prooof. May I ask, why you chose that name of all names?

I stopped watching Bleach a long time ago. But like you said, I might 9hr it sometime. xD

Oh and Taiwan has K-ON ads on buses?! Yo, F New York! Dx

• April 22, 2010 at 3:59 pmkookaa

Welcome to RC. Ill be looking forward to your work. Good luck and have fun.

• April 22, 2010 at 5:10 pmお化け屋敷の主人

>>Currently reside in Taiwan.

So I assume you know a bit of Chinese? Anyways, I am surprised you only give Seitokai no Ichizon a 5 out of 10. You might wanna check out the original light novel, it’s actually quite good :)

And oh, almost forgot to say the same phrase many posters had already said — welcome to RC.

• April 22, 2010 at 6:28 pmProoof

Chinese is my first language

• April 22, 2010 at 5:40 pmBen

Welcome and good luck :)

• April 22, 2010 at 6:18 pmAsuka

Are you going to write the episodes not covered?

• April 22, 2010 at 6:20 pmAsuka

//Sorry spam//

And about manga chapter?

• April 22, 2010 at 6:31 pmProoof

I’m not sure what you mean here

• April 22, 2010 at 6:36 pmGuardian

I’m guessing he’s asking about whether you’ll blog about the chapters Omni didn’t cover, or if you’ll start with what’s coming out after today (ch. 401 in manga and 268 in anime).

• April 22, 2010 at 7:41 pmJ-P

I dont know about the rest of yall but imo i think its really cool all that these people are stepping up to fill the void and then some left by Omni. I wonder what he thinks of his baby now that he has handed it over. Is he happy with how its growing? I hope he is cause it definitely is a plus for me. I just started watching one piece a week ago. I never really got into cause i always got hung on the first episode with coby who annoyed the hell outta me. I thought the show was just childish but after seeing that it was going to be covered i decided to give it another shot. Now a week later i will probably break the 100 episode mark tonight.

• April 22, 2010 at 11:11 pmdivine

I forwarded Kiiragi and Prooof’s sample posts to Omni and spoke to him about them before I brought them on board. I had the final say in things, but I did discuss things with him to get his opinion, so he was definitely in the loop.

As indicated in the About page that I finally got around to updating, Omni’s an admin/advisor of the site now, so he’s in direct contact with our new writers as well.

• April 22, 2010 at 11:28 pmMrRei

It’s like omni when up a position instead of totally leaving.. from blogger to advicer :D

• April 22, 2010 at 7:53 pmjlyn101

(just came to the site and noticed this…)

Welcome to RandomC, Prooof. Enjoy your stay here.

• April 22, 2010 at 7:54 pmHuy

Welcome, yay more bleach blogs.

• April 22, 2010 at 8:37 pmkyosei

Yay Bleach coverage. Although I too regularly follow Bleach, it’s always nice to see what other fans think of the latest chapter/episode especially on my favorite anime blog. Welcome =D

• April 22, 2010 at 8:59 pm12twelve

hell yes

• April 22, 2010 at 10:03 pmUnknown-Man

Welcome to RC there Prooof!

• April 23, 2010 at 12:49 amGekokujou

I look forward to seeing you around here, and welcome:)

• April 23, 2010 at 1:34 amMrRei

Err.. Are the fillers worth watching at all? I’ve been downloading them but haven’t watched yet. Those fillers seems out of place in the whole story.. The Bount arc’s was placing was great and I liked it… But the new fillers start in the middle of another arc, which feels wrong to me -_-

• April 23, 2010 at 5:34 amShinjiro

Welcome Prooof, Looking forward to your postings. The team is building up :)

• April 23, 2010 at 6:57 amLesire

Welcome aboard! :)

• April 23, 2010 at 5:24 pmRevolution11

Prooof, we have been waiting so long for Bleach coverage. What took you so long? ;)

On a more serious note, welcome aboard. And remember, opinions (when justifed) are very very good.

• April 23, 2010 at 10:38 pmichigo_daisuki

Although your writing may be concise, it’s easy to read throughout the whole post ^_^
    It’s nice to have you around RC, Prooof.

• April 24, 2010 at 11:13 amlynn

Welcome Proof!.You guys are doing a great job! keep it on ^_^

• April 25, 2010 at 12:50 amSteven