Kaichou wa Maid-sama! – 10 »« Kaichou wa Maid-sama! – 08

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! – 09

Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   01 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   02 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   03
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   04 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   05 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   06
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   07 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   08 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   09
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   10 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   11 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   12
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   13 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   14 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   15
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   16 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   17 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   18
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   19 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   20 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   21
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   22 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   23 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   24
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   25 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   26 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   27
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   28 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   29 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   30
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   31 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   32 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   33
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   34 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   35 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   36
Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   37 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   38 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   39

「桃太郎までもメイド様」 (Momotarou made mo Maid-sama)
“A Maid Even as Momotaro”

In what started out as a full-out omake episode about the Japanese folktale Momotaro, things got pretty wacky and somehow crossed legends with Urashima Taro at one point. With Usui narrating the entire story however, it turned out that this supposed omake wasn’t a mere omake after all. Not that it really mattered either way though, as this episode was surprisingly entertaining with all the abusive jokes centering around the dog, monkey, and pheasant played by our three idiots. Usui also showed up as the extremely suspicious circus leader who was intent on eating them for being useless, before the story got on its way with Misa- err… Momotaro arriving and having the talking animals guide her to a village where all the young girls were disappearing. Her ultimate goal of course was to seek out the demons’ lair and destroying all the demons there. As things kicked off 8-bit RPG style, I got a pretty good laugh out of how the village turned into a free-for-all waste dump where all the remaining men were fighting over food. It was pretty sad to think that society might degrade to that without women around, but oh so funny to see.

Before long, we had the Urashima Taro legend interjected out of the blue with a random turtle on the beach. Thanks to our idiot dog, monkey, and pheasant trying to capitalize on that opportunity, it did turn out much funnier than I was expecting, mainly because they almost ended up drowning in the process. Having Suzuna show up over a dropped kibidango and offering them various redeemable postcards on the other hand just added to the randomness, though I have to say the comedic pauses and semi-sarcastic remarks were pretty well done. Aoi showing up as the supposed turtle from earlier and proving to be absolutely useless was good for a cheap laugh too, but it all paled in comparison to Usui whipping a rocket launcher out of nowhere to deal with Tora and his Miyabigaoka pirate ship. Suspicious circus leader indeed.

It took a while, but they did eventually arrive at the demon’s island in the actual Momotaro story, Onigashima, except here it turned out to be Usui the demon‘s private maid harem. The women apparently got sick of the selfish filthy slobs at their village and figured a life serving Usui is much better, which I can’t really blame them for after seeing what their men are like. Totally messed up explanations notwithstanding, Usui did end up staking his claim on Misaki like he always does. The best part of it all was how this omake was Usui’s way of sending Misaki subliminal messages in her sleep and making her fall for him. He’s a genius even if Misaki is able to resist! Anyway, the next episode looks like it’ll revolve around Sakura and her infatuation with an indie band. With Sakura on the verge of tears though, it may not be all fun and games like it was here.

* P.S. I found the “Real form” disguises pretty funny for no apparent reason whatsoever. Randomness = win?

Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   Preview 01 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   Preview 02 Kaichou wa Maid sama!   09   Preview 03

May 28, 2010 at 12:38 am
  • May 28, 2010 at 12:49 amlinh-chan

Looks great! :P

• May 28, 2010 at 12:50 amAmiena

heehee! their real forms look so cute! *huggles puppy*

Usui-kun is a genius!

• May 28, 2010 at 1:02 amoctoberasian

Surprisingly, this was a damn enjoyable episode, especially towards the end.

I’ll probably end up watching it again.

• May 28, 2010 at 1:39 amPersonaJXT

Lol, so many things referenced in this episode. Most were folk tales like the turtle story with Aoi that turned into the crane story when he went and said don’t look, but I liked the whole “trade” scenario where the three idiots decided to reference I assume Zelda with the whole trade a bunch of stupid items until you eventually get an uber weapon.

And of course Usui pulling out the bazooka was just a moment of lol. Expected something, but still was funny.

The episode kinda had a Ouran Koukou Host Club kinda feel with that one alice in wonderland episode, but the references to other stuff made this a lot more fun to watch. Fun times all around.

• May 28, 2010 at 10:54 amKinny Riddle

Even without his drag costume, Aoi can still look quite adorable in a Hideyoshi way. :) (There! I’ve said it! Though I think I’m still straight… XD )

While Hanazawa Kana (Sakura) is capable of voices that immediately captures the heart, as with Kanade in Angel Beats, it can also a joy to hear her in her absolutely silly voice like in this episode. Her silliness can rival that of Toyosaki Aki (Satsuki).

• May 28, 2010 at 12:49 pmmoto

Out of excitement I read this omake manga chapter before this episode aired, and perhaps I’m the only one who thinks so, but I felt that it seemed more amusing in the manga than the way it was portrayed here :(

Anyway, Sakura obaa-chan was too cute and the ending was just epic 8D

• May 29, 2010 at 7:08 pmchloesong92

Same, but I think it’s because randomness has a suprise factor, which was spoiled by reading the manga ahead of time. Oh well. :P

• May 28, 2010 at 3:06 pmSatoida

This episode made me laugh so much <3
    And damn, demon-Usui looks hot. Kinda jealous of Misaki

• May 28, 2010 at 6:42 pmahbonk

Seriously I laughed like nuts when I saw the “real form”. Hell, I’m still laughing even now. Damn that randomness.

• May 28, 2010 at 8:42 pmakani

AOI IS FREAKING CUTE. Also, I laughed so hard when Usui pulled out a bazooka randomly and destroyed the entire ship.

• May 28, 2010 at 9:12 pmIsland Esper

After my bad experience with mayoi neko (mecha crash) and ichiban (power ranger) I didn’t want to watch this. But in the end I needed my dose of MisaxUsui of the week so I took the chance and watched it. Boy am I glad I did. This is an omake performed so well. Actually it has it’s own cute moment and the end when we see Usui reading to Misa! An ever so slightly progress in their relationship! For me it was flawless

• May 29, 2010 at 5:10 amSatoida

He wasn’t reading it to her. He was making her listen to a recording… which he probably recorded himself

• May 29, 2010 at 6:57 amIsland Esper

Writing with wine flowing in your veins at 1:00 am may confuse things lol! Still he took time to sit beside her and mess with her mind (brain wash her? ). You don’t do that for strangers. :p only loved ones.

• May 28, 2010 at 10:32 pmSecsuey

I loled so hard at the rocket launcher

• May 28, 2010 at 10:55 pmShirt

The real forms cracked me up into to tears. I was wondering what they really would look like if they were actual animals. It’s amazing how you can still tell who’s who though. Reminded me of Miname-ke when the three sisters were portrayed as wolves. xD Mad funny~!

• May 29, 2010 at 1:41 amoutcast

Did usui and suzana meet? How else did he know suzuna was awesome.

• May 29, 2010 at 6:36 pmCroosboy

funny episode. to think they would use their personality to connect the story. but the first part was very funny because it didnt make sense.

• May 29, 2010 at 7:06 pmchloesong92

Hahahah. I liked the part in the manga when Misaki asks where he pulled the bazooka out of and Usui goes, “What, you didn’t notice it in my coat pocket?.”

Sad they didn’t include that line, but other randomness they added made up for it.

• May 30, 2010 at 5:03 amoutcast

i just thought you were happy to see me.

• May 30, 2010 at 10:39 pmcode fanboy

This is toooooo funny. I hope they would do another one. The idea of another Bazoooka scene would make me laugh.

• June 1, 2010 at 3:43 pmKraco

Suzuna’s role/scene was from the The Honest Woodcutter, so it wasn’t really random at all considering the general contents of the episode.

• June 2, 2010 at 4:16 pmZetribe

Until Chidori and FMP come back, Misaki makes a good substitute.