Durarara!! – 22 »« Durarara!! – 21

ON/OFF – Butterfly PV (Durarara!! ED2)

If you’re unfamiliar with ON/OFF, you might be surprised to learn that it’s actually a duo comprised of identical twin brothers, Sakamoto Kazuya and Naoya (left-to-right in the video preview picture). Being identical twins, their voices naturally sound the same, making it somewhat difficult to discern that there are actually two vocalists rather than a backtrack sung by the same person. Admittedly, I was quite oblivious about that fact when I first heard their second single “Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi” as the opening theme of Vampire Knight back in 2008. In any case, their third single “Rinne -Rondo-” was subsequently featured as the opening theme of the Vampire Knight Guilty sequel the same year. I took an almost immediate liking to both songs when I first heard them, which made it pretty easy for me to get into the second Durarara ending sequence we have here.

As for the duo itself, they’re still a fairly new group having only debuted back in 2007 with the song “Eien no Setsuna”, which became the ending theme of the television drama of Fuuma no Kojirou. What’s notable about that though is that they both had recurring roles in the show itself as well. For those wondering, Naoya is the slightly older one of the two and while they don’t quite look identical in this PV (Kazuya’s eyes look bigger), they do a lot more in the profile shots on their official website. The single for Butterfly was released today (6/9) and featured this PV in the limited edition.

June 9, 2010 at 10:43 pm
  • June 9, 2010 at 10:53 pmcrazystudyguy

not as good as the opening for Durarara, but still listenable

• June 9, 2010 at 10:59 pmPw3age

I found the PV a bit lacking, though I never really liked the song very much anyways.

• June 9, 2010 at 11:00 pmCJ7

Don’t like it as much as the first ED…but it’s okay.

VOTE FOR RANDOM CURIOSITY IN THE ANIBLOG TOURNEY!! Round 3 Match 9. Someone already posted this earlier, I think.

• June 9, 2010 at 11:50 pmdivine

Hmm, this thing is still going on? Much like myself, I don’t think RC readers have much interest in this kind of stuff though. It looks like it’s only drawing in a few hundred votes too.

Of the RC readers who actually care to vote in polls, we normally see results in the thousands. For example, the last one I ran on Sunday shows generated just under 4,500 votes.

Even then, it’s only a fraction of our unique visitors every day, much like how our regular readers who leave comments make up less than half a percent (<0.5%) of them.

I hope whoever is running it is having fun at least. I don’t plan to give it any further attention other than this response.

• June 9, 2010 at 11:03 pmAznCoffee

They’re plenty hot, but I hate this song. Oh so much. >_>

• June 9, 2010 at 11:44 pmshiryoenbou

lol today is 6/9

• June 10, 2010 at 12:22 amLeftArrow

They look bat shit insane to me. The songs alright, but the twins seem really eccentric and they look they might be in love with them selves and each other.

But the songs alright so I guess its ok.

• June 10, 2010 at 1:14 amAlvord12

The guy on the left looks like he just woke up from bed and started singing…. really bad hairstyle! :P

• June 10, 2010 at 3:28 amDendoh_fanboy

Digimon’s and Wada Kouji’s Butterfly > this.

• June 10, 2010 at 11:14 ammoto

Their singing/acting in the PV was awkward, I felt awkward watching them, and the hairstyle’s not helping :’D I liked their songs for Vampire Knight but never watched their PVs, but it feels like some time since I last saw any singer behave so awkwardly in front of the camera.

On the other hand, I loved the interlude part :D

• June 10, 2010 at 11:50 amRah

as a fan of ON/OFF, i have to say: i loved this song! XDDDDD

• June 10, 2010 at 5:00 pm@lk3mizt

absolutely love the song!!!

• June 10, 2010 at 11:29 pmSatoida

the song’s cool, but the PV’s putting me off… O_o… I’m sorry, but it’s just not practical to have a bath with clothes on!!

• June 16, 2010 at 4:46 pmIralie

I actually preferred Butterfly to Trust Me.

Don’t like the new opening at all though, and the first opening is amazing.