WORKING!! – 13 (END) »« WORKING!! – 11

WORKING!!   12   22 WORKING!!   12   23 WORKING!!   12   24
WORKING!!   12   25 WORKING!!   12   26 WORKING!!   12   27
WORKING!!   12   28 WORKING!!   12   29 WORKING!!   12   30
WORKING!!   12   31 WORKING!!   12   32 WORKING!!   12   33
WORKING!!   12   34 WORKING!!   12   35 WORKING!!   12   36
WORKING!!   12   37 WORKING!!   12   38 WORKING!!   12   39

「なぜか!?の決戦前夜。種島の恩返し」 (Naze ka!? no Kessen Zenya. Taneshima no Ongaeshi)
“Somehow!? A Decisive Previous Night. Taneshima’s Repayment”

After the tragic loss of the Magic Hand to the “Mahirunator” last time, Souta comes back prepared with not only Magic Hand #2, but #3 as well thanks to a promotion they had going on. Even at 3,980 yen a pop, it’s a small price to pay when he gets the living daylights beaten out of him multiple times a day. I thought Mahiru’s androphobia was improving thanks to her new-found love for Souta, but I’d hardly consider it progress when she still hits him up to five times each work shift. Souta should really start looking for some Magic Shield or some Magic Armor while he’s at it, because there’s absolutely no time to react once Mahiru gets the jump on him. It sure must suck having to check around every corner before rounding it, even when you’re going at a walking pace. Hilariously enough, that proved to be the least of Souta’s worries here.

Out of embarrassment over Kozue’s drunken behavior, Souta silences Aoi from speaking of it to Popura, only for the latter to wind up at his house to return his student ID card and train pass and stumble upon that fact herself. I wasn’t sure what was more amusing leading up to that though — Kazue hugging Popura out of the blue and apologizing or Souta choosing to rush off to buy some cheap soy sauce over walking home with Mahiru. In any case, with the secret out and Popura having Souta’s family of giant sisters to worship now, her subsequent depression and frustration over feeling untrustworthy led to some hilarious results when “information broker” Souma Hiroomi decided to meddle in things for his personal enjoyment. I’m actually surprised Popura chose to ask Souta to go on a date with Mahiru over getting him to cross-dress as Kotori-chan again, but leave it up to Hiroomi to suggest skipping the compromises and putting the two together. Why choose when you can have your cake and eat it too?

Incidentally, Popura somehow figured it’d be a good idea to keep Mahiru’s arms restrained so that a date with non-cross-dressing Souta could happen, leading us to some serious borderline bondage play results. Just prior, I got a pretty good laugh at how Mahiru was stuck dwelling on the word “forever” when Popura asked her if she’d be with “hitting Souta forever”, as well as Jun and Hiroomi still refusing to get too close to her even when she was all tied up shortly afterward. However, things got even funnier when Jun called Popura foolish and told her they’re using cooking chopsticks that are much longer than normal ones before prodding her in the head with one. Aoi feeling left out and demanding the same abusive treatment from Hiroomi wasn’t too bad either, but I was laughing my ass off when Souta bluntly said he already considered tying up Mahiru in the past before.

Mahiru’s reaction to that statement was priceless, as was witnessing first-hand why restraining her hands isn’t a good idea. I couldn’t stop laughing when Souta added how the risk of getting bitten is another reason he decided against tying Mahiru up. Ever since Mahiru’s realized that she likes Souta and started trying not to kill him, the senseless beatings that Souta has to endure have become a lot funnier than before. Of course, Nazuna’s misunderstanding that her brother’s a huge masochist is an ongoing gag that’s all in good fun too. For the series finale next week, it looks like things will focus on Souta and Mahiru’s first date together, which judging from the preview might even have Maya involved as well. Better late than never I guess, but I’m more curious to see how Souta’s going to literally survive this outing. He already thinks he might die, so it should be some good times for me if not him.

WORKING!!   12   Preview 01 WORKING!!   12   Preview 02 WORKING!!   12   Preview 03
June 21, 2010 at 1:02 am
  • June 21, 2010 at 1:03 amShirt

AH FIRST!! CAN’T wait for subs!! xD

• June 21, 2010 at 1:04 amdivine

lol, you were waiting for my WORKING post even though you haven’t seen it yet?

• June 21, 2010 at 1:26 amShirt

8D

I over-read(heard) your reply about people and their questionable times of posting as soon as you make a new post. lol I had to give it a try so I staked out in my bed with my iPod. (Refreshing every 5 minutes. lulz) Plus I’ve got work in an hour so instead of getting some sleep, I decided to stay up. C:

Haha, I’ll comment again when I watch the episode. ^^; By the looks of the screenshots, the rope method was fail. Great, hilarious idea.. but fail. xD

[p.s. Your pretty quick, Divine. Thanks for the post~!!]

• June 21, 2010 at 1:19 pmCroosboy

w0w posted a message in just 1 min after posting

• June 21, 2010 at 11:10 pmShirt

I look forward to the Working!! posts every week. I love this show to death~! <3

• June 21, 2010 at 1:11 amFlamingYu

Finally gonna have an introduction scene of her?

• June 21, 2010 at 1:41 pmbunny

it’s just to troll the watchers, like Katanagatari ep4. That girl will never be shown except in previews.

• June 21, 2010 at 1:18 amPw3age

Finally a more Poplar episode. Can’t wait to watch.

• June 21, 2010 at 1:37 amRei

I LOVE the faces they make in this series. It’s so damn cute. Poplar :3c
    I see more megane next episode

• June 21, 2010 at 1:40 amClick

1 more episode to go </3. I'm gonna miss this series and the laughs that came with it =/. Its kinda sad though that they're finally giving Maya some screen time besides cameos at the finale :<

• June 21, 2010 at 1:46 amcrazystudyguy

Second season please, this is like the only decent show this season apart from Yojou-Han Shinwa Taikei, FMA and Dr.

Should of really blogged about this one Yojou-Han Shinwa Taikei

• June 21, 2010 at 3:22 amjrj

still as funny as ever :)
    One of the best comedy I have seen in a very long time!
    Hope the double magical hands will save the day :)

• June 21, 2010 at 3:26 amjrj

still as funny as ever :)
    Hope that double magical hands will save the day :)
    and as always, thanks for a tasteful post, Divine!

• June 21, 2010 at 6:18 amcutemi2

she wants to make her grow, drink height enhancement food supplement

• June 21, 2010 at 6:28 amSkizzit

So sad that there is only one more episode to go. It is rare to have such a funny series that doesnt rely on fan service these days. Must have second season please O’ anime gods.

And a 3rd season of Hayate no Gotoku while you are at it…

• June 21, 2010 at 6:37 amewok40k

best comedy of the season, and without inch of fanservice – take this kissXsis!
    poplar getting hugged by the Souta’s big sister = priceless
    we need Mahiru hogtied!

• June 21, 2010 at 6:41 amCherubium

I found the last two screenshots really pretty and quite different from the usual sense of things. It looks like really awwww!!! Moment and I really hope that mahiru will be able to achieve her happiness.

• June 21, 2010 at 8:02 aminfo600

from that one screenshot, I can tell that Mahiru’s mom is more excited than she did (about the date)…

Unusual? ya.

• June 21, 2010 at 8:19 amKinny Riddle

How odd, I was just reading a hentai Working doujinshi with Mahiru in bondage the other day so that she and Souta can “get their act together”. I can see where the inspiration for that scenario came from. :)

First part of the episode focused on Popura-chan, and boy did she make the most of it to show how she’s still so kawaii~. Kazue instinctively hugging her just adds to the laughs. The minicon runs throughout the Takanashi family.

Oh and just for the curious here, this niconico video chronicles the elusive Maya’s total screen time from episode 1 up to episode 10, which adds up to less than 2 minutes. lol

With the last episode next week focusing on Souta and Mahiru’s date, looks like there won’t be time for some more Jun x Yachiyo development this series. Here’s looking forward to a sequel.

(Is it too much to ask for a Hiroomi x Aoi pairing as well? )

• June 21, 2010 at 8:15 pmFlamingYu

Maya’s best scene is from epi9…that’s all LOL

• June 21, 2010 at 9:15 amKinny Riddle

A fan-made Working! OP perfectly grafted with K-ON characters and animation.

• June 21, 2010 at 9:29 amMyssa Rei

LOL Mugi in Souma’s role. I can imagine the Mugivision already.

• June 21, 2010 at 4:17 pmfall3nbs

Ahaha that is so awesome! That fits very well with the K-on characters! I was thinking the march of the Poplars would be replaced by Yui looking at all the Azusas marching.

• June 21, 2010 at 11:56 pmPw3age

Wow that was a great video.

• June 22, 2010 at 5:20 amKarmafan

OMG I LOLed at that (especially the marching Yui’s and Ritzu scaring Mio). What a great video.

• June 21, 2010 at 11:28 amCroosboy

tohoohohoho. havent seen this yet

• June 21, 2010 at 1:32 pmNellie

I don’t think it’s a misunderstanding at all. He IS a masochist. Only a masochist would continue to work in a place where he was constantly getting beat up.

• June 21, 2010 at 1:58 pmexia

This show always cracks me up. Sadly only one more episode left.

• June 21, 2010 at 3:10 pmMD

Next ep will have new character! Working!! is just getting better and better.

• June 21, 2010 at 3:34 pmDm

…”Souta choosing to rush off to buy some cheap soy sauce over walking home with Mahiru.”

Souta, you made the right choice. :)

• June 21, 2010 at 3:46 pmKit Kat

Wait, is this a 24 episode o a 13 episode show? I thought it was going to end next week, but judging by the date situation (damn that’s gonna be FUN to watch!) it seems like it’s going on longer . . . well, more WORKING!! is always a good thing. :)

• June 21, 2010 at 4:52 pmJoeDX

I LOVE this show so much… need second season…

• June 21, 2010 at 5:33 pmIsland Esper

Inami for dominatrix of the year !!! Even tied she delivers the killing kick :P
    I’ll poke Aoi anytime she needs it. Too bad the end is coming. I see an open ending to teas us for another season that isn’t schedule yet:( nooo give me more pain… wait that Souta line

• June 21, 2010 at 5:56 pmFono

I’m crossing my fingers for a good finale. A date between Souta and Mahiru is a pretty good setup, too.

Also, being a small n’ cute-ophile running in the Takanashi family put a giant smile on my face.

• June 21, 2010 at 9:55 pmAoihoshikage

Lots of cute Inami and Taneshima moments this episode. Yeah, I’m also sad that there’s only one more episode. Here’s to hoping for many more seasons!

• June 21, 2010 at 11:06 pmShirt

I want more Souma antics!! xD He’s so funny. And I’ll miss Yamada’s innocent meddling too. Dx Why’s it have to be only this many episodes!? Hmm.. I wonder if they even have enough material to make another season? I mean, they can think up more situations, right? D:

• June 21, 2010 at 11:12 pmShirt

Uhm I don’t know if it’s just my computer but do the Xbox 360 ads slow down anyone else’s computer when they’re on screen? For some reason, this page would freeze up for a minute when those ads were displaying. D: Just thought I’d mention it.

• June 22, 2010 at 5:08 amadventchaos

Xbox360 ads? I don’t think I’ve ever seen any around Random Curiosity.
        The site seems to be working fine with me!

• June 22, 2010 at 7:01 amKinny Riddle

This can only mean one thing: You’ve got spyware on your machine. Go get a anti-spyware software right away. Can be easily found on Google.

• June 21, 2010 at 11:14 pmkyuzo

aww… i hope the date pushes through. it looks like inami-chan was crying coz takanashi never showed up coz yamada poured water all over him. can’t wait for the next ep. hope there’s a second season as well.

• June 22, 2010 at 5:15 amamado

I wonder if maia will be finally introduced
    and like usual, a very fun ep.

• June 26, 2010 at 8:54 amay ya ya ya ya

Maia/Maya? Is that the girl with glasses? Oh,sorry I did not read the manga yet. Thanks for the info.

• June 22, 2010 at 9:38 amSecsuey

no way only 1 episode left?
    I hope there will be a second season this was the third best show of the season be angel best
    and FMA

• June 22, 2010 at 10:30 amZaku Fan

So the eldest sister is a min-con too! Or popura is really absolute cuteness personified :P

• June 22, 2010 at 12:41 pmChimasternmay

i love orange hair.

• June 22, 2010 at 2:28 pmakani

I love when Jun poked Popura with the chopstick. XD I agree with her, Kotori-chan needs to make a comeback!

Is that the mysterious waitress or a black-haired Kotori-chan in the preview?

• June 23, 2010 at 1:40 pmLoveya

I really hope Souta doesn’t fall for Inami. Poplar is x10 cuter.

• June 24, 2010 at 6:03 pmrobbiebizzle

Damn this is why I hate 13 episode runs, I get too invested in a series like this.