One Piece – 458, 459 »« One Piece – 456

One Piece – 457

One Piece   457   01 One Piece   457   02 One Piece   457   03
One Piece   457   04 One Piece   457   05 One Piece   457   06
One Piece   457   07 One Piece   457   08 One Piece   457   09
One Piece   457   10 One Piece   457   11 One Piece   457   12

「海軍本部直前回想特別編 兄弟の誓い!」 (Marinfōdo Chokuzen Kaisou Supesharu – Kyōdai no Chikai!)
“A Special Retrospective Before Marineford! The Vow of the Brotherhood!”

For an episode that’s about 80% recap… yeah, no it still wasn’t interesting. But I mean, it was fun to see Ace in action again, as he’s never made that strong of a presence in the story much. With 456 episodes in the anime, it’s nice to see a recap of Ace’s emotions and reasons along with Luffy’s before Luffy goes and attempts to rescue Ace. The recap itself was rather well done, a nicely selected handful of clips, along with some parts reanimated (though I think they were reanimated in the past in another episode already). Other than that, there’s really not much to say as you’ve seen it all here before folks.

Next week also has the subtitle “A Special Retrospective Before Marineford!”, even though it’s covering new content. Let’s hope that it isn’t 10% new content and 90% recap.

One Piece   457   Preview 01 One Piece   457   Preview 02 One Piece   457   Preview 03
June 30, 2010 at 1:09 pm
  • June 30, 2010 at 1:28 pmEamon

Woot! I put One Piece on a halt from when the Crews Whereabouts episodes started and I hoped the Marineford arc would start but looks like they are going to do a couple of weeks of flashbacks.

Next week are the Admiral flashbacks. So far, only Aoikiji and Kizaru have been shown in the story. The other admiral hasn’t. I’m guessing he also has a logia-type fruit power.

• June 30, 2010 at 1:59 pmShin

Yep, you’re right. They all have logia-type devil fruits. :)

• June 30, 2010 at 2:32 pmThrudgelmir

Well, technically we’ve sort of already seen the third admiral during the Ohara flashback. Then again, it was only for about 5 minutes or so.

• June 30, 2010 at 5:49 pmEamon

Oh yeah, I remember that. He’s the one who ordered the ship that was carrying the civilians to be blown up just in case Nico Robin was on it.

What’s his name?

• June 30, 2010 at 7:12 pmShin

His real name is Sakazuki.

His admiral name is Akainu which means Red Dog.

• June 30, 2010 at 1:40 pmneko

man.. FUCK TOEI…

• June 30, 2010 at 3:06 pmgnomtastic

agreed i could fart and make up 1000 stories about it and it would be called The One Piece alternative its the same crap.

• June 30, 2010 at 9:45 pmNice Holystone

I kind of enjoyed re-watching Ace’s scenes, but I really could have just went back to past episodes if I wanted to do that. Stop stalling Toei!!

Not only was it 90% recap, but also the art director that handle this episode is like my least favorite one. I hope they REALLY AMP up the animation quality for the arc to give it the EPICNESS THAT IS DESERVES.

This was like the on visual that I thought looked nice, haha. (Not including the past episodes used.)

• July 1, 2010 at 1:00 amFallenrock

Well I for one didn’t mind the flashbacks too much. I mean as soon as the ep started I already got that familiar -”this is gonna waste another 23 mins of my life”-feeling so it was expected and I was not disappointed. Much.

On another note I was wondering if anyone knew about future appearances of Coby and co. The last time we saw him at Water 7 he was bumped up on my respectable characters list a ton, id love to if more details about the training hes been getting

• July 1, 2010 at 1:11 amKiiragi

This information is about Colby. It’s a really mild spoiler. Read on if you want to.

• July 1, 2010 at 10:31 amFallenrock

Awesome! I’m still nurturing a small hope that he will become some sort of nakama but i’ll make due with what we get ;)

• July 1, 2010 at 2:05 amtheburntshadow

Looks interesting and… What the hell is with that guy’s orange pants?!

• July 3, 2010 at 9:18 pmWinlongummy

Seeing how close they are to the manga, I kinda understand why they would stall for so long: when they actually get to the battle, they wouldn’t slow down and so they’re putting the brakes here, where its not that important.

• March 12, 2011 at 12:32 amcoach hand bags