HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD – 06 »« HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD – 04

HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD – 05

HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   01 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   02 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   03
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   04 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   05 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   06
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   07 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   08 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   09
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   10 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   11 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   12
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   13 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   14 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   15
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   16 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   17 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   18
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   19 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   20 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   21
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   22 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   23 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   24
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   25 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   26 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   27
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   28 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   29 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   30
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   31 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   32 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   33
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   34 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   35 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   36
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   37 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   38 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   39

「Streets of the DEAD」

Houston, “we have a problem”. Another episode starting off with some enjoyable engrish. It’s always nice to feel superior once in a while in these otherwise alien videos that we seem to enjoy. Alas, a new character is introduced, and if you couldn’t tell, it’s Nurse Boin’s friend. She’s Minami Rika, a sniper of Japan’s Special Assault Team, voiced by Takeuchi Junko. Weird thing is, Takeuchi also voices Uzumaki Naruto, so that gave me some shudders.

Shido also gives me the shudders, with him somehow able to generate pure ecstacy from women just by touching them. What the hell was up with that scene anyway? Takagi is also tsundere for Komuro, but can’t really beat Saeko in a battle of “who’s the cooler/calmer one”. But honestly, the face-off scene between Takagi’s group and Shido’s was just awkward as hell, with Shido’s lip licking and Boin’s ..well boinging. Regardless, Hirano became badass once again, but still not up to Viral levels. I think he’s trying to refrain from doing it so early on in the series, as you can see he calms himself down often when his voice levels start reaching there (lol). Anyway, great music at his scene, but where’s that 28 days later song? I’ve been wanting to hear it again since the first episode. :P

I’m going to be honest, the episodes since the 2nd one haven’t really brought up the same adrenaline I felt in the first episode, and this episode didn’t feel any different. But then the 17 minute mark came around, and suddenly the action went into overdrive. You’d have to be lying if the combination of slow motion and a Zombieland reference didn’t get your blood boiling, but then again maybe you’re just not a man, man. There was just something epic about Hirano finally receiving an actual gun in his hands. Although I have to admit, the spinning Busujima attack, while cool, was not really realistic or necessary. But then again, neither is whacking zombies with a motorcycle as if you’ve been riding the thing for years. But hey, realism is boring sometimes.

While they tried to play that angle of “we’ve changed so much in one day” at the end, it’s really because they changed that they’ve survived so far. After a whole day of killing zombies, you’re pretty much used to what you have to do to survive, no questions asked. It was just a bit eye rolling for me, since it felt a little forced. Considering the preview almost entirely consisted of moans, I think it’s safe to say the next episode won’t be as censored as I thought. I’m pretty satisfied with the current pace so far, as for some reason I thought the show would end when they near the loli-rescue arc, but it seems that might happen in the next two episodes.

I can’t hear youuuu…

ED5 Sequence

HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   ED5   01 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   ED5   02 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   ED5   03

ED5: 「Memories of days gone by」 黒崎真音 (Kurosaki Maon)
Watch the 5th ED!: Download, Streaming ▼

HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   Preview 01 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   Preview 02 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD   05   Preview 03
August 2, 2010 at 8:26 pm
  • August 2, 2010 at 8:32 pmIHM

Hirano is totally the real hero here.

MUST WAIT 6TH EPISODE!!!

• August 2, 2010 at 11:05 pmNyan ko

Hirano does got the skill and talent…but that alone doesnt make him big. its all about charisma and undying will, and manliness :3

• August 2, 2010 at 8:38 pmAnon

• August 2, 2010 at 8:38 pmInfinitas

Hirano ftw.

• August 2, 2010 at 8:39 pmcz

this moving slow

• August 2, 2010 at 8:49 pmFree

F**K YEAH DOUBLE TAP!

• August 2, 2010 at 9:49 pmShinjiro

I loved that! Hirano is the man right there!

• August 2, 2010 at 8:56 pmClick

I thought this episode was pretty great. I really enjoyed that awesome fight scene (although I kinda questioned the necessity of throwing Saeko into the air) and the strange conversation on the bus. But I think the best moment of the episode is when the police force blasted those high school idiots off the bridge with a hose. I rewatched that like 12 times, just because it was so f**king hilarious :P

• August 2, 2010 at 9:06 pmLurker

Hirano is indeed THE man of the show. OMG, my favorite Saeko moment should be in the next episode.

• August 2, 2010 at 9:07 pmsubzeroX

Next episode the ecchi will be turn up to eleven.

• August 2, 2010 at 9:31 pmchaos

no its going up to 50.
      also i have a feeling this is the same way cults get started. -Also this guy badly badly needs to DIE preferably by being torn apart this teacher is the kind of person i dislike the most.

• August 3, 2010 at 10:47 amDal

Yeah, he does. The thing is, if he does die, what about those students? I know they’re crazy and all, but they may go into overdrive…

• August 2, 2010 at 9:08 pmshinobi2u

Seems like they are pretty much going one episode for one chapter so far which would in theory put the show where the latest chapters are IF they go for a full 24-26 eps. They are sticking fairly faithfully to the manga so far with just a few bits gone here and there or cut dialogue, but still not bad at all (still didn’t like the recap in eps 4 though, grumble grumble).

• August 2, 2010 at 9:53 pmevangelion

this series only has 12 eps not 24

• August 2, 2010 at 10:11 pmshinobi2u

You mean 13. Planned. Right now. Hence the ‘IF’. I’m talking about if they do a second ‘season’ like a lot of other shows. 13 episodes won’t hardly cover anything.

• August 2, 2010 at 9:24 pmqueenie

Pfft!

Nice Zombieland reference. I gotta start watching this since I watched Zombieland a week ago. :)

• August 2, 2010 at 9:26 pmxcswmboy

Zeke is the best character. =P

• August 2, 2010 at 9:31 pmkaz

double tap, yeah!!!

• August 2, 2010 at 9:43 pmJaden

Voice acting really changes a lot huh? I mean as much as I hate Shido in the manga, I even hate him more in animated form. Sure, be a creep to make everything much more worse and awkward. He just gives off this creepy antagonistic atmosphere which is well, fitting in a chaotic apocalypse setting.

Action was still impressive, and yes, I think the motorcycle scenes were a bit exaggerated. Anyway, I still say fog and steam next week for the sake of encouraging people to buy the blu-rays.

• August 2, 2010 at 9:49 pmJoseph Edward

The action scene was so hollywood and out of place.. they just casually meet in the manga, this was a bonus that i didn’t like it.. I mean in the Bridge there it’s still people and under control, there are not zombies, it really pissed me off, but whatever.

• August 2, 2010 at 9:57 pmchingoo

But, but but. When you get a rush of adrenaline you can do ANYTHING.

But, coming from someone who hasn’t read the manga, it was a well welcome change of pace. I mean, who wouldn’t want to see some zombie action?

• August 2, 2010 at 9:52 pmchingoo

So, I was sitting in the Student Union at my University, with my netbook + badass speakers. The previews started and a group of girls walked in from outside.

._.

• August 2, 2010 at 9:59 pmKiiragi

So did you get their numbers bro?

• August 5, 2010 at 2:34 amAlex4life

Headphones bro.

• August 2, 2010 at 10:00 pmrandom viewer

• August 2, 2010 at 10:01 pmKiiragi

Random fanservice at its best. The director wanted to see Boin in a meido outfit and they made it happen. And it was good.

• August 2, 2010 at 10:22 pmOni

my guess is the season will end with the parents of Saya arc it does not seem plausible that they can squeeze in the mall arc this season but i could be wrong :p

• August 2, 2010 at 11:06 pmZnail

They just left the mall in the manga so its noway they will get that far without skipping a lot of stuff. It seems fairly obvious that they are much more interested in getting the manga story to last then to reach the end, the recap last episode is a good indicator of that as well. From looking at the credits so does it look the writer of the manga is somewhat involved as well as some H.O.T.D outfit, so this might explain why we are getting a focus on dragging things out instead of ending asap.

• August 2, 2010 at 10:27 pmSilivious

Lol…here comes the bath. XD

• August 3, 2010 at 12:57 amLectro Volpi

I thought Yuuki Miku was a blonde and now looks like a brunette.

• August 3, 2010 at 1:03 amAnnyms

Anyone else catch the “Highway to Hell” reference on the bridge sign?

• August 3, 2010 at 1:16 amalapbun

Action sequences were like OMFG!!!!!1111

10/10 for this ep, best overall currently imho.

• August 3, 2010 at 1:46 amfluidity

The scene which Hirano fires a gun reminds me of The Matrix and Wanted. poor Hirano, he seems to like Saya but then she interested in Takashi.Rei and Saya seemed pissed when Takashi was talking with Saeko after they wiped out the zombies in the bridge,a moment of jealousy perhaps?

• August 3, 2010 at 3:27 amoutcast

You missed a very important screen cap. But don’t worry i fixed it for ya :)

• August 3, 2010 at 4:10 amFabio

Madarame snaped :p

• August 3, 2010 at 4:41 amZaku Fan

Well Fatty showed some good stuff there and the all talk no action teacher was really irritating, so good stuff on the VA and scripting.

The nurse still needs to be less useless but like Fatty thats probably happening later, likely when someone gets injured (amputation maybe?)

• August 3, 2010 at 5:32 amEspada

orgy bus > bath scene

• August 3, 2010 at 4:42 pmneus

“Group” kissing and fondling != orgy …

• August 16, 2010 at 4:35 amXxDestinyXx

If it was not an Orgy in the manga, it will probably be an orgy in the anime (judging on the vast amount of fan-service, lol).

• August 3, 2010 at 5:38 amMike4DOA

Concerning the music from 28 days later. They seem to do spoofs and references to various horror movies only once per episode as if we’re supposed to go look for them, as last time it was Shaun of the dead (with the gasstation).

• August 3, 2010 at 9:01 amChris

Don’t really like the fat character, he’s a pussy,

• August 3, 2010 at 12:16 pmSin1505

If you read the latest chapter, see who’s the real man! It takes a lot of balls to do what he did. That’s as much I can say without spoilling :P

• August 3, 2010 at 10:10 amRaiju

Hirano (the fat gun otaku) is actually one of the better developed characters in this series. I like him a lot better than whats-his-face-stereotypical-anime-hero-guy. At first I just assumed Hirano would be a useless running gag character but in the manga he’s pretty kickass. That said, Shido squicks me out. And lol @ his Mr. Burns/Gendo impression.

• August 3, 2010 at 4:54 pmAceX

Amazing how lead hero guy mastered the motor in such a small time, maybe that’s connected the zombie breakout.

• August 3, 2010 at 5:38 pmEliteF22

Heh, Nurse Boin was really holding on to this crotch for dear life on that motorcycle!

• August 3, 2010 at 6:49 pmTom

Wow, Takeuchi Junko sounded so different from her role as Naruto. I actually like her voice as Minami Rika better.

• August 3, 2010 at 7:24 pmanimato

She’s good, but I prefer Paku Romi.

• August 3, 2010 at 8:12 pmShirt

Wow~!

That was really entertaining. :]

Okay don’t shoot me but I haven’t seen Zombieland. Is the double tap thing from that movie?

• August 3, 2010 at 11:03 pmroyceHOLLERED

HIRANO LEVEL UP GET!

• August 4, 2010 at 9:13 amChris

I read the manga and all, Kohta still a pussy and I don’t like him.

• August 5, 2010 at 5:17 amSiege

The cameo of a Bae Yong-joon as a zombie on the runway brought a chuckle to me when i found out it was him. Also the Double Tap that I think Hirano was actually implying was from Modern Warfare 1 as the tier 2 perk, since it also shows what looks to be the game he was playing when he was daydreaming.

• August 5, 2010 at 1:15 pmlongtimefirsttime

Did anyone else get weird Lelouch vibes from the creepy teacher as he was contorting his body while giving his speech? Except it worked for Lelouch. This teacher is just creepy as hell.

• August 8, 2010 at 10:58 amHimeya

Well, I’ve played Resident Evil series, Left4Dead (and the second one also), and watch some Zombie appocalypse movie, and then I watch this series. All gives me one big question mark, just how, how “the idiot, unable to see” zombie are capable to distinquished their own kind and humans?
    I might missed it, but never in any media that i see / watch / play do i ever find any zombie, “friendlyfired” its own kind. Would somebody give me a rational explanation for this, plz?