Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi – 09 »« Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi – 08

May’n – Ready Go! PV (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi OP)

This post has been sitting in my drafts for some time now, so I figured it’s about time to get it out. Not to mention, the PV for May’n's latest single has been out for almost two months now on Victor Entertainment’s flying DOG YouTube channel, prior to the actual premiere of Ookami-san. In addition, the single itself came out on July 28th, so everyone who’s wanted to hear the full version of “Ready Go” probably has by now. What hasn’t been so readily available though is her live performance of the song on Music Japan’s anime song special back on August 1st. I say live performance, but in reality this looks like a prerecorded lip-synced one where May’n gets part of the lyrics and dance messed up at the 2:24 mark and recovers with the help of a quick camera change. Regardless, I love watching live performances of songs prerecorded or otherwise, so this Music Japan special was pretty cool to see. There were several other artists performing as well, some of which I may post performances of later on. For now, enjoy the latest from May’n if you haven’t seen it already. The PV in particular looks like it could be used for an iPod advertisement.

August 26, 2010 at 2:48 pm
  • August 26, 2010 at 3:00 pmTsuchi

WTf a D112 for a vocal mic?

• August 26, 2010 at 3:06 pmTDRKZ

Disappointing. I’ve always admired the lack of lip syncing from most Japanese singers… maybe I simply believed it wasn’t lip sync.

• August 26, 2010 at 3:10 pmDivine

It usually depends on the program though. Some music specials purposely get all artists to lip-sync so that the performance is better. CDTV seems to have a tendency to do that.

• August 26, 2010 at 4:04 pmAndré

Funny song… “nanana Kamo nanana Kamo” LOL

• August 26, 2010 at 5:14 pmAnonymous

Where did you get that video from? The one that I have doesn’t have that.

• August 26, 2010 at 9:46 pmtenton

There seems to be two different sets; one with Yukarin, Makino Yui and GRANRODEO (among others) and one with Fripside, May’n and Angela (among others). If this is like any of the other Anisong specials on Music Japan, there could be a rebroadcast that is longer/or different.

• August 27, 2010 at 5:50 amAnonymous

I’m refering to the mis-syncing, not the video itself. I am aware that the special has a two part broadcast, one song for each artiste.

• August 26, 2010 at 5:23 pmPw3age

I love May’n regardless of her screw up with the lip syncing. Countless singers do lip syncing at live performances, many so they don’t run out of breath in mid-dance. This is a sad fact about show business.

May’n has a tendency to wear hot pants and boots to show off her legs. Practically all her PVs have her like this. *drool*

• August 26, 2010 at 6:03 pmAAnime

What’s with those hairbands coming back in fashion. Don’t they know they look retarded?

• August 26, 2010 at 6:11 pmlvlln

I didn’t really care for the OP, but the music video is actually pretty enjoyable. I think the way the song combines with the extremely cliche OP animations is what put me off.

• August 26, 2010 at 6:14 pmTom

Met her at AX. She was very nice and down to earth.

• August 27, 2010 at 12:57 amhmong007

she’s cute but i dont really care for the song

• August 27, 2010 at 1:38 amMrRei

anyone who did not looked at her ass in the PV?

• August 27, 2010 at 3:04 amAndré

In some parts the online thing on the screen was her ass… lol.

• August 27, 2010 at 10:49 amShiden

Hey look, it’s not only the animators who do the “hide behind the mic” trick. :P

• August 27, 2010 at 11:03 amzerodivide

Why do I have a feeling there should be Valkyries doing the Itano Circus?

• August 27, 2010 at 1:04 pmGreg

divine, that Anime Song Special, it didn’t happen to include performances of Mizuki Nana, Jam Project, ELISA, Horie Yui, Kalafina, Yousei Teikoku among others?

I was at a Japanese restaurant in town earlier today, and they always play some recordings of Japanese television in the background. While I was there eating they happened to show some Anime Song Special where the artists/bands above performed. Quite a coincidence if it was the same one. :)

• August 27, 2010 at 1:05 pmGreg

The one I saw was aired on NHK by the way.

• August 27, 2010 at 1:59 pmDivine

This was on NHK and had fripSide, angela, May’n, Chihara Minori, Takahashi Youko, and clips of Mizuki Nana from another performance. See here.

• August 28, 2010 at 2:14 amGreg

I recognize the graphics so it must the same program but a different performance or other another part. I’ll check that page you linked and see if it pops up.

• August 29, 2010 at 9:27 pmAnonymous

That’s the second one. This one is the third.

• August 27, 2010 at 1:10 pmTC-man

Not the best song by May’n and pretty forgettable too. I can still remember when I first hear the songs in Macross Frontier (May’n is the singing voice of Sheryl Nome) sang by her(particularly the two songs “Shinkū no Diamond Crevasse” and “Northern Cross”). I was literally blown away by her beautiful voice.

• August 27, 2010 at 1:45 pmcshin9

Is Fall 2010 Preview in the works?

• August 27, 2010 at 1:54 pmDivine

It’s an ongoing thing that I haven’t had much time to work on. Getting it out later isn’t necessarily a bad thing though, since more promo videos will be available and the broadcast schedules will be finalized.

• August 28, 2010 at 1:48 amKumaKaori

I have no clue to the rhyme or reason why 08th MS Team’s op is in the side bar, but <3. Great series, great op. I'm enjoying the nostalgia.

• August 28, 2010 at 6:15 amDivine

I’m sort of using that space as my “random song of the moment”, where I can showcase some older series for nostalgia sake. :)

• August 28, 2010 at 4:16 pmRockmanshii

All this talking about music made me think about Animelo.It’s this weekend right?Damn I want to go there so badly.
    I also like the 08th MS team’op and Kannazuki no Miko ED too.

• August 28, 2010 at 6:00 pmDivine

Animelo Summer Live 2010 was yesterday and today in fact (Japan time).

On a separate note, I’m thinking of making a general place where people can just comment about anything or leave guest book type messages (about the sidebar music for example), so I’m leaning towards adding a chat/shout box to the site in the future.