Seitokai Yakuindomo – 10 »« Seitokai Yakuindomo – 08

Seitokai Yakuindomo – 09

Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   01 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   02 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   03
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   04 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   05 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   06
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   07 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   08 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   09
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   10 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   11 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   12
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   13 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   14 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   15
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   16 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   17 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   18
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   19 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   20 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   21
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   22 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   23 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   24
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   25 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   26 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   27
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   28 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   29 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   30
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   31 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   32 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   33
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   34 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   35 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   36
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   37 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   38 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   39
Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   40 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   41 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   42

「いくらで買います?/なるほど!関係ないな俺たち!/ベネズエラ」 (Ikura de Kaimasu? / Naruhodo! Kankeinai na Ore-tachi! / Venezuela)
“How Much Will You Pay? / I See! It Doesn’t Concern Us! / Venezuela”

More so than swimsuit and beach episodes, I always enjoy watching sports festival ones. They’ll never measure up in terms of fan-service, but do provide a complete change of scenery with the same characters. In the case of a series involving a perverted student council, it’s even better because it provides them with a new avenue to approach their jokes. A lot of them were the usual witty wordplay ones, such as Shino’s rehearsal of the proclamation of upholding sportsmanship that was twisted into a skinship and sexual intercourse one, while others were of the slapstick variety that always works wonders on me. I know it was only for cheap laughs, but the scene with Tsuda taking a wild soccer ball to the head almost floored me laughing after hearing Suzu complain about her height just before and still refuse to acknowledge that her shortness was actually a good thing for a change. It definitely helped the humor hearing Tsuda scream out in pain and seeing him fall over like a log. That was great material no matter how many times I see him wincing in pain.

If we’re talking about not so subtle humor that left absolutely nothing to the imagination, Aria’s sudden question as to whether or not Tsuda has a girlfriend took the honors this week. When he admittedly that he didn’t have anyone like that, the talk about how his right-hand or possibly his left one is his lover proved to be only the setup for Shino’s punchline. I vividly remember my “holy shit” reaction to hearing her suggestion that it’s his mouth and emphatically questioning exactly how flexible Tsuda is, because it was followed by a disbelief that stuff like this was allowed to make it to the air waves. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely loved the delivery of that one, but for goodness sake make sure there aren’t any children in the room to catch wind of it! They already grow up too fast these days thanks to the double-edged invention we like to call the Internet, so there’s no need to corrupt them even more. Shame on you Shino! Ranko too for selling photoshopped pictures that look absolutely criminal with Suzu in them. I swear I heard police sirens from that area in the back of my head called my conscience when I saw that one.

In any case, I’m willing to bet that there are a lot of girls out there who wish they’d just go bald down there; however, actually hearing someone say she’d gladly welcome it is a different story. A hilarious story, but definitely a different story. Unless I’m mistaken, it’s not part of Japanese culture for girls to keep themselves exceptionally prim and proper down below due to connotations about how “loose” they are if they do, so hearing Shino say she’d gladly welcome losing all her hair down there spoke volumes to me in more ways than one. (Shino saikou da!) Anyway, I rather enjoyed how Tsuda became renowned for making women cry after he wrote an article for the student council’s new newspaper, as it established him as the heartbreak player of the female dominated Ousai Academy. He’s naturally not too fond of the idea (understatement of the year), but when has this series ever been about what Tsuda wants? He’s just here to deliver the straight remarks and be a victim of Shino and Aria’s perverted ones, much like when the president had her awesome misunderstanding about him “setting up tent” in his pants frequently. I’ve already gone on about how misunderstandings are comedic gold to me in Mitsudomoe, so Shino’s reactions and rampantly wild thoughts were A+ material here.

Oddly enough, it was the preparation for the sports festival that had some of the funniest moments. I seriously can’t help but wonder what Shino’s parents had to say about the huge bondage teddy bear that Aria gave her for her birthday. It wasn’t even the focus of her sleepless night in anticipation of the festival, but it’s really all I could think of when I saw her lying in bed next to it. Then there was Aria herself getting herself scandalously wrapped up in rope, which Shino loved and Naruko seriously criticized for being too loose. She sure made up for that in the end though with the string of country flags. Those snugly tied knots didn’t look amateurish at all! As for the sports festival itself, the student council team strutted their stuff in the relay event with Suzu pulling through as the anchor. That more or less made up the cool part of the episode, which was ever so nicely contrasted by Ranko’s dismay over focusing her shutter chances on Tsuda instead of Shino’s blazing speed or Aria’s mesmerizing chest movement. Kaede’s fear of men on the other hand continues to provide the more innocent type of humor, which is somewhat refreshing even though it gets quickly overshadowed by Kotomi’s nonchalant talk about how she and Takatoshi are still virgins. Compared to that, even Shino’s concerns over her bust size are tame, though I do appreciate the official side-by-side shot to see how she stacks up to Aria.

The extra movie parody slipped in at the end made it no secret it was there to pad time, though it did pull in the sailor named George from Aria’s interpretation of Tsuda’s newspaper article. Out of everything that happened this episode, the one thing that I’m left really curious about is exactly what was written on the note Shino picked up for the event where they have to bring something or someone with them to the goal. Given her flustered reaction, I’d like to believe it was something along the lines of “person you like”, but that’s one tidbit we’re not getting for now. For all I know, she may have slipped in some perverted choices such as “first-time partner”, which wouldn’t be too bad either since it serves as the same “flag” in a potential Takatoshi x Shino pairing.

Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   Preview 01 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   Preview 02 Seitokai Yakuindomo   09   Preview 03
August 29, 2010 at 7:40 am
  • August 29, 2010 at 7:45 amxcswmboy

Venezuela. I lol’ed

Ditto, I so wanted to know what Shino’s borrowing note said. They better refer back to it.

GEORGE! YEAH!!!

• August 29, 2010 at 7:26 pmFlamingYu

Care to fill me in about ” Venezuela ” joke?
      What’s up with that?

• August 29, 2010 at 8:17 pmentropy

Suzu just pointed out the flag instead of having the same reaction she had with the rope in the storeroom earlier.

• August 29, 2010 at 7:49 amKinny Riddle

GEORRRGGGEEEE!!!!

Somehow the laughs just went up one gear.

- Shino still has her Bondage Teddy.
    - Kaede’s androphobia first gets her convinced Tsuda’s moving article is just a ploy to make the girls cry, and second becomes her undoing in the relay race afterwards
    - Shino’s announcement rehearsal – Success in Japanese is pronounced the same way as Having Sex (Seikou)
    - Hata lamenting that her not being able to take part in other parts of the relay race meant she could not take photos of Aria and Shino

The Takatoshi x Mutsumi chemistry surfaced once again, hinting at Mutsumi’s feelings for Takatoshi. Though the Student Council girls were just as adept in hooking up with Takatoshi afterwards, particularly Shino.

• August 29, 2010 at 7:54 amoutcast

“favourite toy” that would be a nice note as well.

• August 29, 2010 at 8:03 amfluidity

I guess Aria is a closet BSDM freak…, 1st she gave Shino a bondaged stuffed bear for her birthday, now she got into situations by “mistake” in which she gets tied up.

• August 29, 2010 at 8:09 amKinny Riddle

Not to mentioned she has purposely freed her own shackles that the chastity belt gave her in order to get maximum performance for the Sports Festival.

• August 29, 2010 at 8:09 amKaris

That was a fun episode, including that some of the background characters seem to stand out(the twintailed and short-haired), to have me noticing.

• August 29, 2010 at 8:44 amTRD

NOO!!! divine the new banner/header sucks!!! change it please! by the love of god! not those moe blob faces!

• August 29, 2010 at 9:09 amlordip

well, the moe blob looks kinda dangerous here. me likey he he

• August 29, 2010 at 9:11 amlordip

GEORRRGEEEEEE!!!! So who is George?! And also Matsumoto bwa ha ha. LMAO. Next is bunkasai. Prolly even more crazier. Can’t wait…

• August 29, 2010 at 9:30 amOH SNAP

George’s “YAY!!” cries cracked me up this week

• August 29, 2010 at 10:43 amAznCoffee

Whoa, a banner change already? B-But it’s still summer. D:

• August 29, 2010 at 11:26 amSkizzit

Love the new banner. Was never a fan of Angel Beats to be honest.

• August 29, 2010 at 12:37 pmewok40k

Its official! Venezuela’s president Hugo Chavez has declared war on Japan for this episode!

• August 29, 2010 at 12:49 pmL3g0la5

omg! I’m dying to know what Shino’s note said!!!!

• August 29, 2010 at 2:10 pmDendoh_fanboy

Hey divine, seen the PV for the SRWOG2 anime yet?

• August 29, 2010 at 2:54 pmDivine

Not yet. I haven’t had much time to work on the fall preview after getting sick last week.

• August 29, 2010 at 2:18 pmkyuzo

glad it wasn’t just me who thought that this episode was a bit funnier. that “venezuela” delivery by suzu when aira was all tied up was so funny. everything in this episode was great.

• August 29, 2010 at 5:02 pmfrubam

no mention at how Shino was blushing at Tsuda during the race or Aria wanting him as a pet? Well, the former had a bit more serious atmosphere to it. Actually, when him and Mutsubi reached for that ball, this the first time Tsuda had that “stare”(well since the “confession” in ep 2 by her of course).

• August 29, 2010 at 5:09 pmPWAAMEAP

The George story made the episode lol.

Random: Incidentally, after I found out that Aria’s VA is the same as Ritsu’s VA, I found it really easy to notice the Ritsu-like voice in Aria’s voice :O

• August 29, 2010 at 5:09 pmdszx

Damn, what did that note say.

• August 29, 2010 at 6:45 pmK!

I have a hunch it said “Tent”

• August 29, 2010 at 5:09 pmPWAAMEAP

oh BTW Divine, the new site banner is awesome B-)

• August 29, 2010 at 5:48 pmTDRKZ

I can’t get enough of Shino and Tsuda. I hope they don’t leave it comedic all the way through. It’s hilarious how Tsuda immediately though something inappropriate was on Shino’s paper instead of having a “flag” moment.

• August 29, 2010 at 5:54 pmZnail

The way she acted and then didn’t tell him what it said hints pretty strongly towards him missing out by not listening to what it said. Although it was probably somewhat innocent and not mentioning love, but like or friend.

• August 29, 2010 at 6:37 pmhjerry

Looks like we’re finally going to get to meet the maid next week (only took them 10 episodes)
    also, I’m kinda inclined to agree with disaproval toward the banner, not so much because it’s k-on, but because it’s a group shot and doesn’t really have the same cool shaded feel to it that the previous ones did, though personally I wondered why hitagi was ever taken down in the first place (Go Hitagi!)

• August 29, 2010 at 6:39 pmAara D

Yeah, I’m really hoping they reference the note in a future episode so I know it’s not some open-for-interpretation joke that went over everybody’s heads. I thought that George thing was really funny, though. “Yeah!”

• August 29, 2010 at 6:43 pmAara123

-test comment-

• August 29, 2010 at 6:49 pmAlvord12

Simply lol’d at the ‘George’ part. Now I just wish they’d show more of ShinoxTsuda! ;)

• August 29, 2010 at 7:56 pmiroha360

nice episode…hey divine why did you stopped blogging about Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru?

• August 29, 2010 at 8:10 pmBluance

I have a feeling the note had something along the lines of first partner or something like have excitement with a male. When I saw Suzu make the last run I was getting a feeling that she would be to small to break the victory line, but it sure was animated weird and skipped to a high five.

• September 23, 2010 at 12:32 amgandalf8

I also thought there was a bit of a missed opportunity with regards to suzu reaching the finish line in first place but because she’s short, she just passes under the victory line without breaking it off.

• August 29, 2010 at 8:48 pmCroosboy

Nice episode. maybe some development for tsuda and shino or is it another x gag written in the paper?
    the george thing was funny. i wonder if suzu interpretation was correct than the other 2.
    i also learned that being small isnt bad at all XD. being able to dodge incoming balls and light body running.

• August 29, 2010 at 9:16 pmimerik

I almost skipped this series.. and now it’s my favorite anime of this season.

Venezuela.

• August 30, 2010 at 2:07 amZaku Fan

YEAAAAH!

• August 30, 2010 at 2:45 amTehJawknee

This has to be the best episode thus far. I have a newfound respect for Venezuela, tents and also Kotomi talking about switching to “clumsy character mode” just took the cake for me.

• August 30, 2010 at 3:56 amCroosboy

i still cant get why Venezuela but i still keep laughing.

• August 30, 2010 at 6:16 amahbonk

Look at the flag design ;) It was shown when Suzu named the flags earlier.

• August 30, 2010 at 9:33 amCroosboy

i think i somehow get it now why they used Venezuela. when the flag design was first seen Venezuela has stars that shape it to mountain. then at the last scene where aria was tied the flag Venezuela was under her boobs. that’s where suzu pointed pointed the flag and said Veneuela. XD

• August 30, 2010 at 6:11 amShirt

If I can commission my friend to, I’m gonna have her make that bondage Teddy bear as a plushy. Lmao I she can, would you like one, Divine?

• August 30, 2010 at 1:10 pmDivine

I’ll have to respectfully decline that offer. I don’t want any misunderstandings to stem from it. -_-;

• August 31, 2010 at 2:39 pmShirt

Lol Didn’t your parents ever tell you motto worry about what others think of you… Haha okay~ Maybe next time.

• August 30, 2010 at 5:09 pmmalrock

Can’t believe no one mentioned Yokoshima-sensei holding her butt saying “ouch ouch” and then making the comment that “you should only stick things in that fit”

• August 31, 2010 at 7:20 pmIsland Esper

George!!!!!
    Nothing like little nekos in boxes to get the onas crying! That story was awesome.

Finally this is the “knot” that Aria did on herself

• September 1, 2010 at 1:18 pmewok40k

yep its that classic bondage pattern… I am now pretty sure Aria did it on purpose P

• September 4, 2010 at 8:04 amSilverwolf X

Anyway, as of Vol 4 of the manga, what was in the paper was never revealed, but we have advanced 1 year by Vol 3 and Tsuda has gotten more flags since then. And some new characters. I forsee the Anime ending around Vol 3 when we see the robotics interest club president (who is Suzu’s friend) and the cast entering their next school year.

• September 4, 2010 at 8:05 amSilverwolf X