Yosuga no Sora – 02 »

Yosuga no Sora   01   25 Yosuga no Sora   01   26 Yosuga no Sora   01   27
Yosuga no Sora   01   28 Yosuga no Sora   01   29 Yosuga no Sora   01   30
Yosuga no Sora   01   31 Yosuga no Sora   01   32 Yosuga no Sora   01   33
Yosuga no Sora   01   34 Yosuga no Sora   01   35 Yosuga no Sora   01   36
Yosuga no Sora   01   37 Yosuga no Sora   01   38 Yosuga no Sora   01   39
Yosuga no Sora   01   40 Yosuga no Sora   01   41 Yosuga no Sora   01   42

「ハルカナキオク」 (Haruka na Kioku)
“Distant Memories”

Well, it looks like my question surrounding whether or not this would be a fairly clean adaptation was answered this very first episode. feel studio isn’t being shy about playing the twin incest angle, even though it’s been portrayed as something that innocently developed during childhood. They aren’t shy about playing up the excessive blushing either, as our male protagonist Kasugano Haruka (Shimono Hiro) gets absolutely every girl aroused just by being in their presence. Now that’s what you call a Mega-Playboy. It was like I was witnessing the return of Momonari Junta fifteen years later. Thus far, the nudity has been used sparingly, but the strange relationship that Haruka has with his frail, hikikomori, moody, twin sister Sora (Taguchi Hiroko) is pushing some boundaries in a different way. After seeing that incestuous kiss in the promotional video, it was actually relieving to learn that it was only a fantasy on Haruka’s part. Granted, that still doesn’t change the fact that he was thinking about locking lips with his sister and how she has no intention of letting another girl swoop in and take him. It looks like Sora doesn’t beat around the bush to make sure Haruka only has his eyes set on her, assuming that the scene at the very end wasn’t another fantasy of sorts.

For a story about twin siblings who return to their hometown after both their parents were killed in a traffic accident, this adaptation could have wound up as run-of-the-mill harem series pretty easily. However, with the inclusion of some nudity, it’s pretty difficult to perceive it as such anymore. I would have been completely fine if the drama remained the focus like it has been, but it’s hard to deny how having a bit of risqué material really spices the series up. If nothing else, it pays homage to Sphere’s adult romantic adventure game that the series is adapted from by targeting more mature audiences — a combination I’m more than happy to see every season. It’s fan-service, but story-driven, making it something similar to a sex scene that’s added to a big blockbuster movie. At this point, I’m hoping that it remains something along those lines, though I’m admittedly a bit skeptical after seeing the purely ecchi-loaded omake at the very end, featuring our junior college maid Nogisaka Motoka masturbating in bed. That scene was definitely any eyebrow raiser to say the least, but having it as a fan-service bonus at the end doesn’t terribly take away from the main storyline. Regardless, it will turn a lot of potential viewers off right away, but I actually like how there is some drama developing and embracing the fact that teenagers think about sex. As far as I’m concerned, if people want anime to start breaking free of the naive perception that they’re simply Japanese cartoons, this is definitely one way of going about it.

With the entire cast from the adult video game returning without their aliases (except for the voiceless protagonist), I’m quite curious as to the direction the writers will take with this series. The game apparently had five different endings, so the obvious candidates are Haruka’s childhood friend Amatsume Akira (Sakata Kayo), his former neighbour and older sister-like Yorihime Nao (Inokuchi Yuka), the class president Kuranaga Kozue (Minegishi Yukari), the daughter of the local politician Migiwa Kazuha (Ono Ryouko), the aforementioned clumsy maid Nogisawa Motoka (Okajima Tae), and of course his twin sister Sora. I haven’t played the game myself, but if one of the five possible endings is a bad one, it would only leave four possible girls Haruka could end up with out of six. Even if there were five, there’s still an odd girl out, leaving me wondering if Sora is only meant to serve as an incestuous tease or if the much older Motoka isn’t even in the running. Whatever the case, I want to find out and will be gluing in every week to see how the relationships develop and how far feel will push the envelope on a more or less AT-X-only broadcast. I’d even be fine with a crappy ending like School Days, provided that the series was as entertaining to watch every step of the way. People may not have liked School Days in retrospect, but it was one crazy series to watch while it was airing. Speaking of which, crazy Katsura Kotonoha’s seiyuu plays Motoka here.

* Note: In addition to a dedicated omake, there were actually two ending sequences. One is actually for the theme song of the series, “Tsunagu Kizuna”, and brings out the more drama-filled side of the story.

INS Sequence

Yosuga no Sora   INS   01 Yosuga no Sora   INS   02 Yosuga no Sora   INS   03

INS: 「ツナグキズナ」 (Tsunagu Kizuna) by Team.ねこかん[猫] featuring 天乙准花 (Team. Nekokan [Neko] featuring Amaoto Junca)
Watch the INS!: Download, Streaming ▼

Omake

Yosuga no Sora   01   Omake 01 Yosuga no Sora   01   Omake 02 Yosuga no Sora   01   Omake 03
Yosuga no Sora   01   Omake 04 Yosuga no Sora   01   Omake 05 Yosuga no Sora   01   Omake 06

ED Sequence

Yosuga no Sora   ED   01 Yosuga no Sora   ED   02 Yosuga no Sora   ED   03
Yosuga no Sora   ED   04 Yosuga no Sora   ED   05 Yosuga no Sora   ED   06

ED: 「ピンキージョーンズ」 (Pinky Jones) by ももいろクローバー (Momoiro Clover)
Watch the ED!: Download, Streaming ▼

Yosuga no Sora   01   Preview 01 Yosuga no Sora   01   Preview 02 Yosuga no Sora   01   Preview 03
October 6, 2010 at 2:43 am
  • October 6, 2010 at 2:49 amavexmode

Woo… no censorship!! I can see nipples!!

• October 6, 2010 at 12:26 pmImperialX

This is AT-X after all…

• October 6, 2010 at 1:12 pmShirt

<3 AT-X.

• October 6, 2010 at 2:52 amFlamingYu

I thought this was gonna happen real soon,
    and bam, that happens.

Haru either get the “Sora ending” or “the nice boat ending”. =D

• October 10, 2010 at 5:40 pmDXHK

concerning the game

• October 6, 2010 at 2:54 amRockmanshii

A friend told me that the guy makes every girl excited just by looking at them.And that one of the girl masturbated.I didn’t believe him until now that you tell me the same thing .I don’t know if this anime is awesome or wrong on many levels.

• October 6, 2010 at 6:06 amL3g0la5

just think of it as being awesome BUT wrong on many levels XD

• October 6, 2010 at 7:29 amAex

There’s nothing saying a series can’t be both! XD

• October 6, 2010 at 3:09 am._.

Just want to point that it was the class president who did not have a route/ending in the original YnS game (but there is one in the later released fandisk)

• October 6, 2010 at 3:10 amKrain

FUCK YES YOU ARE THE BEST SERIES EVER

• October 6, 2010 at 3:13 amhollowp3rsona

hawwwt gonna watch it agaiinn =D

• October 6, 2010 at 3:26 amHiHi

there are two incest anime t his season… both can be good…. this one is going to be hot as hell and Ore no is going to be hilarious…. hope u blog YnS…..

• October 6, 2010 at 3:40 amkuripuri

is OreImo actually meant to be an incest? Haven’t read it all so I don’t know but its hard to tell since it is in the Comedy genre. ~Forbidden love~+comedy don’t usually make an appearance together so I doubted OreImo going on that path.

• October 6, 2010 at 3:56 amTablespoon

According an online source that’s giving summaries of the light novels, at least Kirino starts developing more than sisterly feelings. As far as the story plot goes though, it’s both refreshing and non-original. There are a lot of twists and turns (including a yandere cutie) in the ways of relationships (two tsundere are always nice). But it feels like one of those stories where it won’t seriously step into the forbidden love scenario, but dance around it till the end – where we get the happy feely scenario of “We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.”

• October 6, 2010 at 4:51 amLoL

I don’t feel oreimo is going to cross that line, at least with so much fanservice

• October 6, 2010 at 3:29 amkeiOnDaisuki

i think i really need i cold shower XPP

• October 6, 2010 at 3:33 amkuripuri

it was actually relieving to learn that it was only a fantasy on Haruka’s part.

Really? I honestly thought it was Sora’s fantasy but looking at it again…I can see it the other way too.

Honestly the show+omake caught me off guard, I was expecting quite a bit of censoring but there was none at all. All I was expecting was the twincest+possible angst and some ecchi thrown in here and there.

Will keep watching since I’m curious where the story is leading, I just hope it doesn’t overload on the “fanservice” scenes so that it becomes completely unnecessary and destroys any potential in the story.

Thinking and hoping for a Sora ending, one because I don’t care about twincest in the 2D world and two I don’t exactly like the character+design of the only other real possible candidate i.e neighbour woman.

• October 6, 2010 at 4:44 amamado

I also thought that, now that I look at it, sora’s eyes werent teary eyed in the real one so it must be haruka’s imagination
      and I also hope that the fanservice lessens a bit and they show some normal slice-of-life scenes(beach, field trips etc.)

• October 6, 2010 at 12:17 pmSlashZero

It was most certainly a fantasy on Sora’s part, Divine is just mistaken.

• October 10, 2010 at 2:46 pmEpik

The fantasy starts in the perspective of Haruka looking AT his sister. The reason the fantasy happened is because the situation at hand resembled a situation in the past. In Haruka’s perspective, you see Sora showing vulnerability of some sort in both the fantasy and the event in the past.

Secondly, after the fantasy is over, Sora has the confused “huh” look as she stares at him. In contrast, Haruka looks as if he snaps out of something.

After first watching it, I thought the same thing but what Divine said made me look at it again closer.

• October 6, 2010 at 3:40 amCroosboy

I feel a very very murderous, yandere, and hard drama in this anime. ^_^ nice start. going to see this all through.

• October 6, 2010 at 12:17 pmBlackWings

YesSSSS Yesss That was my first taught can anyone say Kitchen Knivesssss!!!!

• October 6, 2010 at 3:45 amNanoNano

The masturbation scene in the Omake made me laugh for some reason, it sounded really weird and seemed really random. (Would’ve also thought that they’d keep the Omakes for DVD/Blu-ray release but I’m not complaining.)

Personally, I think he would either get his sister or a nice boat.

• October 6, 2010 at 3:54 amMountainGoat

Sora, damn i think i am in love LOL

• October 6, 2010 at 4:19 amlightning

All I could think of when hearing Haru’s voice was “omg it’s Yabecchi!” lol. Actually, going to check if both characters have the same voice actors now. :P

• October 6, 2010 at 4:39 amCroosboy

yup they have the same voice actor

• October 6, 2010 at 4:25 amwhatthatidonteven

twincest =>wincest

Haru go Harem! On the landside nobody cares that your wife is related with you!
    Possibilites for the ending:
    a) he ends up with one of the girls (probably childhoodfriend) and nothing more…BORING
    b) he ends up with his sister – and nobody cares… well, you would expect something like that
    c) he ends up with one of the girls – sister goes “nice boat”
    d) he ends up with the daughter of the politican and polygamy goes legal => harem route, why not?
    e) he ends up a girl! …

• October 6, 2010 at 12:29 pmShirt

lmfaololol

• October 10, 2010 at 4:13 amTrunkMonkey

I vote e)

• October 6, 2010 at 4:39 amamado

I was expecting a dramatic and maybe cute and fluffy slice-of-life anime….

I heard this was based on a eroge game but I didnt expect them to show this much…
    well im still gonna watch this, already seen seikon no qwaser…

• October 6, 2010 at 5:05 amGP

Cute and fluffy slice-of-life is boring on so many levels. Thank god this isn’t anything like that.

• October 6, 2010 at 4:44 amentropy

I would think they’ll go with a great “anime-only” ending. lol

• October 6, 2010 at 4:45 amCroosboy

I think im going to download the game and see the difference.(If only i can read Japanese).

• October 6, 2010 at 11:32 amentropy

Someone, somewhere (in a forum I go to) posted that there’s an English patch….

• October 6, 2010 at 4:51 amShadiic

I just pray that It does not end up like school days.

• October 6, 2010 at 5:06 amGP

Why do people still think that any/every show out now that has some sexual tension and or actually has some sex going to turn out like school days? Let it go guys, school days was a one-off.

• October 11, 2010 at 9:46 amSin1505

School Days worked!
      They have us all talking about it how long after?
      The ending made it memorable! F*** the happy ending, WE (mostly I) Want a BAD and MEMORABLE Ending!

• October 6, 2010 at 5:06 amJaden

Yosuga no Sora wasn’t actually on my fall list so when I actually tried it I’d be lying if I said the story was the one that got my attention. The animation and character designs look promising but the story is your typical harem. Regardless though, it would be unfair if I’m already this judgmental early on so I’ll still follow every week. Hopefully some real drama and story will take place soon, I’m all aboard with the fanservice censored or not just not so much that it’ll end up being your typical ecchi series with a pathetic excuse for a plot.

That aside, I find it funny how easy Haruka has it with the ladies even for a Harem lead, that’s just awesome.

• October 6, 2010 at 5:12 amGrant

Something that’s always bugged me about anime is ‘where are the parents’? This one does answer that by having them killed off prior to this but that leaves the question ‘would two teenage children -one rather sick apparently- really be allowed to live on their own’?

• October 6, 2010 at 5:46 amSaya

Allowed by whom, their parents?

• October 6, 2010 at 5:56 amGrant

Human services, local police, neighbors, school teachers etc. Despite what manga and anime seem to believe there are actual government agencies in Japan that exist for the purpose of making sure that kids like these get looked after by responsible adults.
        Yes I do realize that one neighbor offers to provide the siblings with any help they need but Haruka turned her down and claimed that the money from their parents and the sale of their apartment would be enough.

• October 6, 2010 at 6:24 amamado

according to the manga,Show Spoiler ▼

• October 6, 2010 at 5:16 aminfinite

It was funny after maid girl got off she started crying. I cant lie that incest kiss was nasty but I still liked the show overall. Its nice to watch something that is for more of a mature audience.

• October 6, 2010 at 5:33 amcutemi2

OMG!!!that anime is extremely OH MY GOSH!!!
    I’ve been expecting better anime titles, but what I have got is, All I can say is, extreme Ecchi anime, your parents gonna kill you

• October 6, 2010 at 5:36 amJaysus

So, from the first ED sequence, we know somebody (probably Haru) got sex’d up as a kid. If I had to guess, I think it was the neighbor, since there’s the whole awkwardness thing going on between the two. Plus, there was that whole childhood scene where he was macking it… oh an the hair seems to match.

• October 6, 2010 at 10:54 amRobz

Yeah it does look like it huh.. and Sora was even watching O.o

• October 6, 2010 at 2:25 pmmike

I seen the manga up to chapter 9 let just say one of them is an adult and the other still a kid. ^_-

• October 6, 2010 at 5:42 amLee

Had expectations for this… utterly disappointed.

• October 6, 2010 at 5:45 amgnomtastic

Is this even possible an anime that i can watch without thinking oh no another brain dead piece of art that should never exist? I love the tastefull nudity and the fact that it isnt a little kids show. The only thing is that it has to many of those fu.king Kimi ni todoke blush moments. As for the School Days it sucked along the way but the ending was to good to be true.

• October 6, 2010 at 5:48 amElie45

uhhh wait…..is this anime literally incest or is it those stories that are not blood related?

because I personally think, incest is just wrong in many levels…I haven’t watched the eps yet but now, after reading the blog and with the word “twin sister” and had a picture link along that sentence….i’m feeling quite skeptical

• October 6, 2010 at 5:57 amKarmafan

Based on all the anime series I have ever watched I have come to 2 conclusions about Japan…

1. They love incest there. So many series explore that as a theme of some kind. Im sure it happens everywhere else in the world but rarely is it mentioned in any tv series here in the US. But in anime it seems to be more the norm then rarely seen. Sometime its played for laughs in comedys and sometimes its in a drama like this show here.

2. Japan seems to be a country full of orphans living on their own. Many series never show a parent or the kids out and out are orphans and living on their own. Who pays the bills? If they were still in High School here in the states they would have gone into foster care or something. From Inoue in Bleach, Naruto in Naruto, and on and on many if not most series seem to have kids living on their own with no adults in the picture.

• October 6, 2010 at 9:00 amZnail

2. Different countries handles such things in different ways. US as you say then you end up with a foster parent, no matter what. Where I live and I assume Japan so is it less clear cut. You only end up with a foster parent if you wish it or the civil service over rule your wish for some reason. It’s not like you are magically unable to take care of yourself just because you are 1 year away from being an adult formally. Heck, my brother moved into his own apartment and got a steady job at that age.

• October 6, 2010 at 2:37 pmmike

why do ppl have such a big thing against incest, just to point it out I am not into it but I also don’t see what big deal about it. Different country have different custom, one country taboo could be anothers custom, just like how some asian and africab countries would eat stuff that turn US ppl stomach inside out but in their country it consider high class delicacy. So on the topic of incest I don’t care so much what others do with their lives as long as it don’t involve myself then what do I care what others do with their lives.

• October 6, 2010 at 2:24 pmDawn

The living on your own thing seen in animes is unrealistic mainly because its a the plot device for the author.
      1) sets up sympathy for the protagonist because of their plight, and also their reason to be ‘angsty’.
      2) saves the author from having to create more characters
      3) drama.

I’m not sure about other shows, but for this one they mentioned they sold of their city apartment, which would be a sizeable amount of living expense, not to mention whatever their parents had/relatives sent them.

• October 6, 2010 at 6:16 amXevar

Didn’t read the other comments, so sorry if it’s redundant: Did the kiss really happen when they were kids?

• October 6, 2010 at 6:25 amamado

I think so, I havent played the game though

• October 6, 2010 at 7:05 amexia

Best Show of the Season!!

• October 6, 2010 at 7:09 amClementIV

This is going to be one of my favorites this season! I just hope that it continues with this plot. I really don’t care about how this ends, either with a girl or School Days type of ending as long as it is entertaining to watch. Although I would prefer him to end up with a girl and I’m still not too sure how I feel about their sibling relationship.

• October 6, 2010 at 7:09 amTomer

There’s been loads of shows about incest this past few seasons :P

• October 6, 2010 at 7:43 amTomer

They remind me too much of the serial killer siblings from Black lagoon – I’m always expecting them to whip out a machine gun or a samurai sword.

• October 6, 2010 at 7:26 amAex

Well, first day back in town and Haru already has already hooked all this (probably) childhood friends plus what, three new girls? Guy’s got the harem-protagonist power!! I can definitely see this ending badly with Sora snapping and killing someone. This has a “School Days” feel to it, except Haru actually has a sense of right and wrong, so at least any violence won’t be because he was dicking around. I wanna know what’s up with him and Nao…

Also, that maid-short thing and the second ED were just… wow O.o

• October 6, 2010 at 7:34 amNolan

Really, you can’t spell Twincest without Wincest! I never knew anything about Yosuga no Sora but watching it, gosh. I was taken aback by the direction and mood of the story telling. It’s such an interesting story. Twins who are like a soul separated in two bodies. One, a cheerful, outgoing boy and another, a frail, sickly and introverted girl. Each share a fate and destiny irrevocably connected to the other. Despite the fact that it is a story of forbidden love, and twincest being the most extreme form of it, I can’t help but to continue watching it. The cultural notion surrounding it is getting me hooked to it. Twins are said to be lovers in their previous life, you know.

• October 6, 2010 at 8:02 amBROOKLYN otaku

TWINCEST FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• October 6, 2010 at 8:02 amCroosboy

I really like the UV muni-muni-muni scene

• October 6, 2010 at 8:10 amSmell The Coffee!

I’ve played the game. I don’t know if this counts as as spoiler so look away now if you don’t wanna know; There is no school days-like ending in the game. There’s no murder, and each girls ending is pretty happy

• October 6, 2010 at 9:17 amAex

I can honestly say it’s a relief to know nothing like that is hanging over this series! XD

• October 6, 2010 at 8:33 amLaN

I wouldn’t predict a school days ending. Male protagonist guy in School days had this feeling of corruption about him, and maybe I’ll eat my words later, but Haruka just doesn’t seem to be like that.

• October 6, 2010 at 8:36 amNikku

Honestly, i didnt expect this. I was expecting a fairly clean drama with lots of crying and heart breaking stories. Guess not :/

• October 6, 2010 at 8:41 amIsland Esper

I’m watching this because it picks up were Myself, Yourself lacked: Twincest! However if this goes Yuka style (11 eyes) and we get a psycho killing machine I’ll be disappointed. We have the works for some drama: the twins can get separated by adults and make their life miserable. which can push them even more together (Flower in the Attic anyone ? Hail V C Andrews). Or we can always get the harem ending Asobi ni iku yo was nice: Let all the girls love the guy!

• October 6, 2010 at 9:02 amBROOKLYN otaku

AHAHAHAHA, i can’t believe u just shouted out “flowers in the attic” talk about blast from the past! i vaguely remember that p.b.s broadcast like a very very “wrong” dream.

• October 6, 2010 at 8:43 amAn

I recommend to not put up high expectation though. Whichever the heroine chosen, the plot was way too convenient, the impacts don’t have enough force to stop my yawns, thrown gags isn’t even worth a grin, and the sidekick-male-friend was annoying too. The only redeeming point was the beautiful illustrations, but with anime style, all hope is (probably) lost. But since Sora is such an awesome imouto, and the good-for-nothing maid omake alone I’ll keep watching despite the visible incoming torture. (;´∀` )
    But this being an anime, let’s just hope it can push it’s way in the emotional department like True Tears did.

• October 6, 2010 at 8:54 ammika-chan

Is more like Shuffle! imo. Nice first episode! :)

• October 6, 2010 at 9:32 amNazarielle

Really? I kinda saw it the other way around, as in it was Sora’s fantasy, not Haru’s. I’ve got loads of thoughts on where this could go, a nice boat ending certainly being in the mix :p Though more likely I’m guessing if it went that path, Sora would be intent on eliminating the competition, rather than eliminating Haru

• October 6, 2010 at 9:43 amMM

why does this show remind me of school days. Hopefully it doesnt have the same outcome T^T NICE BOAT

• October 6, 2010 at 9:58 amDeathdakid

Not that I am complaning or anything but all of the girls from the start have fall for the main protoginist quiet easily. Probably too easy. He should give advice to other main male protoginist.

• October 6, 2010 at 10:42 ammoelatte

Not too sure why everyone is freaking out about all the ecchi. You haven’t seen true ecchi and fanservice until you’ve seen Seikon no Qwaser ^_^

There’s not much to say about the series so far, except that the storyline feels pleasant and almost light-hearted, and the twincest is played out nicely. And it’s still impossible to pinpoint how the ending will turn out to be, although I do hope Haru ends up with Sora.

That’s all for now~

• October 6, 2010 at 10:56 amtheburntshadow

Nipples, naked women, masturbation? I’ve seen all that, so it’s nothing new to me. However, what caught my attention was the twincest moment. My jaw dropped and all I could do was yell “WHAT?!” when I saw them kiss, as kids even.

• October 6, 2010 at 11:07 ampitufina

yes…………incest, always feel attracted to it, no wonder why? but thank gosh i have no older or twin brother

• October 6, 2010 at 12:01 pmShirt

I have no qualms with it either. And I have three sisters. An imouto, Onee-san, and another Onee-san that doesn’t remember me. :D Never thought about them that way though. Funny how my younger sister actually acts like a typical younger sister in anime. One that cooks for the older brother and makes sure he’s ready for school or work and whatnot. xD Seeing as we live alone together, it’s something I have to laugh at from time to time. Not to mention she’s clingy.. (As you can see, Yosuga no Sora and Oreimo are somewhat ironic to me.) lol

• October 6, 2010 at 11:33 amRobz

My body was not ready for this DX I was expecting an innocent slice of life/romance/drama anime and suddenly got twincest & uncensored ecchi scenes popping up O_o I think this has corrupted my pure & innocent mind(well not really :P) Hmm.. I think I’m gonna need to relieve this feeling welling up inside of me now *wink* *wink*

Still I’d say this is a pretty good anime and I’ll definitely keep watching to see how the story would turn out.

• October 6, 2010 at 11:44 amChimasternmay

i like how there is no red or blue haired girls, instead Grey or Black NICE

• October 6, 2010 at 12:30 pmShirt

I absulutely love Sora’s dress. And I couldn’t sworn I saw the game on Xbox Live’s Marketplace for Japan.

• October 6, 2010 at 11:49 amShirt

Way ta go! Divine to the rescue with a great non-biased post. I love your writing, man. :}

I couldn’t help but laugh at all the comments. On Facebook and MyAnimeList, there were so many people that were against it that I couldn’t get a good opinion about it at all. Luckily for me, I know of R.C. and had the chance to receive some quality outlook on the show from an “Adult”! Makes me feel better about watching the show. (not that I’m ashamed or anything.) xD Twincest=>Wincest!

Sometimes I forget they’re twins and just enjoy to go ol’ lust between them. Well Sora. <–Hawt

The masturbation scene, and a few others weren't really new things to me but I was surprised. Liek.. "OH SNAP! wow, nice.." I accepted it really quick. lmao I always thought hentai would be better if it had an actual “story”. And so we have it here. :}

• October 6, 2010 at 12:46 pmbro bot

my impression of this series is like true tears but not sure if its gonna be like it.

• October 6, 2010 at 1:04 pmbearzerger

You compare true tears which was the great romantic drama of 2008 with some incestuous eroge which survives on masturbating maids and an effeminate megaplayboy knock off?

• October 6, 2010 at 3:11 pmboingman

Maybe due to the OP performed by the same vocalist (eufonius)?
        It’ll be tough to beat True Tears, one of the (IMO) best romance anime in recent years.

• October 6, 2010 at 1:24 pmSpirs

Hentai line:
    Normal Hentai
    |————————|——|—|
    Kanokon Yasuga

• October 6, 2010 at 2:17 pmadee

This is indeed, THE BEST SHOW THIS SEASON. Keep it up.

• October 6, 2010 at 2:17 pmSuppa Tenko

Well, you can’t spell twincest without wincest :3

• October 6, 2010 at 3:12 pmKit Kat

I’m just laughing at how the old couple underneath the maid were like “WTF is going on up there!?”
    And lol, wincest indeed

• October 10, 2010 at 4:12 amvirox

I wouldn’t mind the Sora ending. Since this is anime, why not? Obviously it’s going to play out between Sora and the neighbor Nao, the rest of the cast feels like filler.
    But a Nao ending would be plain boring. I just “hate” her for being so damn stereotypical, she almost looks like the titty-glasses girl from KissxSis, who is absolutely annoying.

Just give us a good Sora ending, everyone who thinks twincest is plain wrong, relax, it’s just anime. Every other ending would be boring, and I don’t think anyone will go yandere there, since Show Spoiler ▼

• October 10, 2010 at 4:36 amkarnos

NO BOATS ALLOWED!!

+ twincest = wincest

• October 10, 2010 at 8:35 amSuppa Tenko

The thing is with incest in anime, incest isnt really incest because only the author makes them related, you can easily imagining them as boyfriend and girlfriend…

• October 10, 2010 at 11:35 amhoiut

Hoho, I finally found a censored version! I have to say, it takes just a bit of the edge off the show (for better or for worse–better in my case). I can take the emotional madness, but add that to a legion of stray nipples, a naked shower scene, and graphic masturbation, and I’m out. A lot of people, it seems, are hung up on that crap too.

The censored version actually took all of that out somehow, so now I don’t feel as embarrassed or awkward watching it. Kind of.

Seriously kids, if you can’t (or don’t want to) take the pr0n here, get the censored version (it airs in better quality anyway, ironically). Either way, you’re a-okay! …kind of.

• October 10, 2010 at 3:36 pmkaon

Ehh o.o really this series meets very good em I am charmed with

• October 10, 2010 at 4:14 pmunlisted

Bad ending ftw. In any case, I’m hoping this doesn’t turn out to be just a run of the mill anime. I don’t think it started out as one either.

• October 10, 2010 at 6:11 pmbakabakashiEROGE

MUST NOT FAPPPPP…arghhhhh…

• October 10, 2010 at 8:18 pmsealouse

I finally get to post the this is probably one of the most erotic anime I’ve ever seen. Also Sora is so realistic in a sense like how she can’t live without the internet. Also the omake was both funny and sexy at the same time. Excellent!

• October 10, 2010 at 8:38 pmCommon Reader!

Divine,
    I actually think that Sora was the one that fantasized about kissing her brother when he was trying to apologize to her, not the other way around. =P Great blog, enjoyed reading it.

• October 11, 2010 at 12:59 amx

I could have sworn that it wasnt only the maid that masturbated, but also Sora when she was spinning on the chair thinking of Haru and when he kissed her before, look where her hands are at and how she’s stretching her legs… It was from that point early on that I was sure this story would put kissxsis to shame by simply going for the twincest or wincest? route lol.

• October 11, 2010 at 2:23 amWilfriback

• October 11, 2010 at 11:03 amVermillion

This is shaping up to be the very best show this season. Hoping that they will make it even more awesome, liking the serious tone so far.

• October 12, 2010 at 5:19 pmhoiut

You know, there’s really a lot to like in this episode. The art is really nice (I love the reflection effects!), as well as the character designs. The story has some promise, too, and there are hints this could be a good drama.

Of course it has things NOT to like (for some people). The constant blushing (have you no subtlety, feel?) and some “uncensored” parts like mentioned are turn-offs to some (even though they are intended as turn-ons to many others). There’s a censored version floating around though for those of us who don’t like it, and it looks like there will be less need for it in the next episode.

Yes, it’s very clearly a harem-type show, but with an promising story and a very interesting topic — I wonder how the drama surrounding “Twincest” will emerge. It kind of gives off the Air vibe (small town, pretty backgrounds, many girls).

• October 16, 2010 at 9:05 amcshin9

Why are they counting in Chinese in the ED sequence?

• November 6, 2010 at 3:14 pmoli

the opening sounded like it had the same singer as the opening for true tears,
    i looked it up and i was right :D

• January 14, 2011 at 3:11 pmComito

Well started watching this series after recommendations from Amagami SS finale episode, and I like the calm start to the anime with touch of starting romance interest from characters. But was indeed surprised with the nudity/sex involved so far, interesting how far they take these actions with a decent storyline!