Naruto 513 – How Clueless Can He Be? »« Naruto 511 – Symbolic In More Ways Than One

Naruto 512 – Cloning Techniques Sure Are Popular These Days

As a setup chapter of sorts, the one thing to take away from the revelation that Madara’s “take over the world” plan is that it involves an army of Zetsu clones. That, and the fact that he got a hold of Hashirama’s DNA during a fight with him before and is likely what he used to experiment with Uchiha DNA to bring about the legendary Rinnegan. While the latter doesn’t come as too much of a surprise since it’s pretty much what I suspected, the former does put an interesting spin on the upcoming ninja war. For one, it actually feels like a war with all the other countries banding together to stop Madara from reviving the ten-tailed beast. It would’ve been somewhat cheesy if it was just him and Zetsu against the world and the world was struggling to stop two ninja, regardless of how powerful they may be. The way things stand now, I can actually see the ninja alliance receiving quite a thrashing at the hand of all these clones that were created with the chakra of the tailed beasts.

The trump card of course would be to see how far Naruto can push the limits of his Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu now that he’s got some tailed beast chakra of his own. Now imagine the sight of that — a sea of Naruto clones versus a sea of Zetsu ones. I can so see it happening even if it doesn’t turn out to be the turning point of the upcoming battle. Given the way the story is progressing, I doubt we’ll see that anytime soon though. As suggested, it looks like a showdown between Kabuto and Naruto is in store in the near future, with the most appealing aspect being the Tsuchikage Oonoki showing us exactly what he can do despite that back of his. Whether on purpose or not, I find it interesting how he has the ability to fly, being the leader of the Hidden Village of Stone and all. Whatever the case, I’m always up for seeing a Kage-level fight, even though I’m wary about old ones like Oonoki biting the dust in some self-sacrificing manner.

October 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm
  • October 12, 2010 at 5:13 pmPhocus

Begun, the Clone War has.

Also, Eye of the Moon Plan = Death Star? >_>

• October 12, 2010 at 6:06 pmDa5id

Well…its no moon, that’s for sure.

• October 13, 2010 at 4:36 amWhispo

Ofcourse “that’s no moon… its a space station!”

• October 12, 2010 at 7:16 pmG

Blind we are, if creation of this clone army we could not see.

• October 12, 2010 at 7:25 pmChloesong92

HAHAHAHahahaha :D

Btw: I totally foresee a clone vs. (Naruto) clone battle coming up.

• October 12, 2010 at 7:26 pmChloesong92

as well**

• October 13, 2010 at 8:31 amFishy Old Man

May the Chakra be with you.

• October 12, 2010 at 5:50 pmTeabie

I’ll be honest, I was a tad disappointed that it was clones. I was hoping for something more … original. But anyway, no real harm caused. I’m already waiting for the war to erupt in a mega awesome way. Well, hopefully.

• October 12, 2010 at 5:57 pmShadiic

I hope that then ninja alliance can actually do something agaisnt the horde of Zetsu. It would really suck if Zetsus would overpower the ninjas and we had to really on the main character group to do something about it.

• October 12, 2010 at 6:00 pmYanDaMan

This manga just gets more and more ridiculous. A clone army? Really?

• October 12, 2010 at 6:14 pmAlvord12

I read chapters 502 to 512 in one sitting, and this clone plan seemed even more ridiculous to me!

• October 12, 2010 at 6:13 pmUnripe_Hero

• October 13, 2010 at 4:44 amsaladesu

Exactly what I thought when I read it (Y)

• October 12, 2010 at 6:41 pmcode fanboy

I would be surprised if Mandara plan’s to use the Tailed beast’s charkra, besides number 9 and 8, for something else. He’s the type to say ” this is just a small taste of the statue’s power”

• October 12, 2010 at 6:45 pmFai D Fluorite

In the Kage meet,Gaara said something about using his sand powers in reaching “there”.
    How come he still has his powers if the Ichibi has been extracted from him by Akatsuki??

And yeah the spotlight moves towards Zetsu too all of a sudden…

• October 12, 2010 at 7:51 pmSin1505

I was wondering the same thing

• October 14, 2010 at 10:23 amhirou

It was stated, in databooks, I believe, that Gaara retained his sand-controlling powers, as they were his own special ability. One-Tail only enhanced his chakra-supply (and gave him sleepless nights in return…)

• October 15, 2010 at 11:31 amHalfDemonInuyasha

Well, I do see constant speculation that a lot of Kekkei Genkai originated from demons of some kind, so perhaps that could be the case with Gaara; the influence of the Ichibi’s chakra mingling with his, especially after so much use (conscious and unconscious), could’ve formed one or at least awakened some kind of dormant one in Gaara.

Either that, or it was merely retained so Gaara would remain cool to fans and not just become some nigh powerless kid after (given he relies pretty much ENTIRELY on his sand and not other jutsu abilities).

• October 12, 2010 at 7:57 pmtman

good post

also bench has been released at mangastream Divine.

• October 13, 2010 at 2:15 amDivine

Thanks for the heads-up. I read it already and may make a post about it sometime later. My priority right now is getting through the week’s worth of backlog.

• October 13, 2010 at 8:23 amtman

cool that he made a baseball one-shot

not surprising if you know that the writer of Naruto loves baseball.

• October 12, 2010 at 8:23 pmTikal

The clone aspect isn’t really as ridiculous as you think. From the first chapter of Naruto we knew that there was cloning via chakra. However it was a excessively chakra intensive task. The fact that Naruto could do it so often and without regard was solely because of the Kyuubi chakra. So think of how many clone’s we’ve seen Naruto make when he’s fully tapping into the fox.

Now multiply that by 9 and remove the restrictions that have to do with the host well…dying.

Then you have to remember that Madara used a crazy advance host to hold the chakra then infused the Hashirama’s cells into that host.

Zetsu clones are not some sort of set piece, the threads have been hinted at for a long LONG time. The clones aren’t Madara’s end game, but he knew he would eventually gain the hateful eye of the entire shinobi world.

However I suspect that Zetsu himself may be made by Madara based on Kabuto’s reaction. I mean why would Kabuto get so interest in just a clone of Zetsu? He has Orochi’s power plus his own. Zetsu may be special but not THAT special if he was just a ninja.

But think about it, Zetsu has always been hanging around in the background, messing up things. Pain referes to his win over Jiraiya being in large part because of Zetsu. Zetsu was the one who let everyone know Deidara got his arm blown off and he saved Kisame’s ass. Zetsu has always been a major player…

• October 12, 2010 at 8:30 pmsdsd

remember the gundam 00 clones at the end with trans-ams that got destroyed one by one. Thats what these zetsus are, they will be beaten so easily by a bunch genins if it needs to be.

• October 12, 2010 at 8:41 pmlolwut

um, was i the only one who thought this was funny?
    “tobi: here, i’ll give you a zetsu”

also, deidara’s back? O:

• October 12, 2010 at 8:47 pmGermanguy

This all Using of Dead Top Ninjas of the past, these Clone Army.. Is Naruto drifted into Nekro Ninja Magic?.. After i saw these many Clone, i think i drop this nonsense.

• October 12, 2010 at 9:36 pmroyceHOLLERED

I think the Zetsu army fits adequately it definitely explains how the clone was about to trick everyone when Kisame faked his death. it was literally a different body instead of just chakra.

I was wondering how Madara & the 2 remaining members were gonna fight off 2 jinchuurikis and an army(kages included). What other way could it be? This makes a lot more sense than Madara getting an ULTRA power up, Shouting “LETS PARTY”, and going total Sengoku Basara on them! haha (actually that would be kinda badass… dumb.. but BADASS)

its about time to check in with Sasuke right? cant wait.

• October 12, 2010 at 9:57 pmSuppa Tenko

I think GET YOUR GUNS UP! is a more appropriate one.

• October 12, 2010 at 10:14 pmbaka~

feels like star wars episode 2 XD

• October 12, 2010 at 10:38 pmRise~N Seraphim

uh… random thought… where’s Sasuke… the guy’s been missing for a while now..

• October 13, 2010 at 1:55 amXiShi

naruto will be known through out the ninja world after this war is over as the hero who stop madara, and will become a greater hokage that came before him!

• October 13, 2010 at 4:58 amENDvy

I think it odd that the Tsuchikage Oonoki can fly even though he’s from the hidden village of stone, until
    I remember that Deidara can fly too. Maybe flying is a special ability of the hidden village of stone

• October 13, 2010 at 8:35 amSuppa Tenko

I still say, Smith is the true master of cloning. After all, he has 6 billion clones and each of them can easily defeat a ninja from naruto.

• October 13, 2010 at 10:06 amsuiton

The day that I see Naruto doing Shadow Clones of his Rikudou Sennin Mode and then do a Kamehameha Rasengan Blast or until Naruto can control and actively use the Kyuubi is the day when Naruto (the series) ends.

Either that or Naruto magically finds a scrolls that teaches him Hiraishin no Jutsu and then he does a mass Rikudou Sennin Mode Kage Bunshin version with Hiraiyshin no Jutsu…epic 1 hit KO.

That is of course unless Optimus Prime shows up and steps on everyone after combining with Ultra Magnus and JetFire and Cloud teaching him Omnislash.

• October 16, 2010 at 7:14 amanimeE

lol

• October 13, 2010 at 1:48 pmShad_Phoenix

Despite all the other clone references, I’m reminded of Full Metal Alchemist. It’s the way these Zetsu’s look like. They’re similar.

Also, lol’d at Kabuto getting “one” Zetsu. It seems like a bad deal. He could stick his hand out during the war and steal one.

• October 13, 2010 at 1:50 pmPikow

I believe that these “Zetsus” aren’t clones, but actually human-engineered ninja things. Frankensteins, Madara’s zombie army, whatever. Makes more sense with Zetsu’s powers that there are a million polymorphic Zetsu’s that are like little zergling larvae or something rather than just cloning this Zetsu character a zillion times. Why not just clone Madara a zillion times then? Basically they’re like the Mikoto robots in ToAru, maybe? That’s what I thought anyway, since clones in general seem pretty flimsy.

• October 13, 2010 at 9:21 pmIzu

actually yes … thats about what i got when read the chapter, the zetsu’s were grown from a combination of the Hashirama’s DNA (branches shown) and the real zetsu’s ability to split (dark and light)… just my theory tho

• October 14, 2010 at 1:15 pmToxigen

Well seeing that Zetsu is a plant in many ways (venus fly trap, during kage summit he created partial clones of himself from seeds etc), and Hashirama was the master of growing trees and controlling tailed beast chakra, I am assuming these “clones” are actual clones of zetsu, not shadow clones, or ones combined with Hashirama DNA. The Hashirama powers were used to just “grow” the seeds.

• October 13, 2010 at 4:57 pmNeil

Not Another Clone Army.

• October 13, 2010 at 9:18 pmIzu

YAY … but something tells me 1 of naruto’s new super rasen-shuriken could take out around half of the zetsu pictured there (bigger blades from more chakra, bigger death radius)

• October 15, 2010 at 11:35 amHalfDemonInuyasha

Though, if you notice, all of those other Zetsu are white, but the “original” Zetsu is white AND black; 2 personalities to boot. Wonder what means…perhaps some sort of attempt of Madara infusing a part of himself along with Hashirama’s DNA (light and darkness, if you would) as the white half was usually the more “peaceful” and sensible one, but the black half was usually the more violent and savage one.