Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru – 06 »« Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru – 04

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru – 05

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   01 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   02 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   03
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   04 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   05 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   06
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   07 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   08 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   09
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   10 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   11 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   12
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   13 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   14 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   15
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   16 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   17 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   18
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   19 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   20 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   21
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   22 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   23 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   24
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   25 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   26 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   27
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   28 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   29 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   30
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   31 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   32 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   33
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   34 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   35 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   36
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   37 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   38 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   39
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   40 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   41 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   42

「実に微妙な辰野トシ子」 (Jitsu ni Bimyona Tatsuno Toshiko)
“The Amazingly Strange Tatsuno Toshiko”

This week’s episode was surprisingly refreshing. Having a change of pace, it focused on Tatsuno, Hotori’s little brother Takeru (Tamura Mutsumi), and Hotori’s little sister Yukiko (Sendai Eri). All three were pretty funny in their own respect, but I found Takeru’s story a whole ton funnier than the others. Starting with Tatsuno, she wins two movie tickets to a small time movie premiere all in the hopes of trying to get Sanada to go on a date with her. Unfortunately for Tatsuno, she tends to lose all of that cool and calm reserve she normally totes around when she’s within a foot of Sanada. Managing to completely butcher anything she tries to do to get his attention. The greatest part during Tatsuno’s story was when she tried leaping down the stairs (minorin-esque) and destroyed Mr. Kameda’s foot with a landing an Olympic track star would be proud of. Somehow managing to dodge the infamous long winded lecture by pulling out her kawaii attitude, she leaves Mr. Kameda standing in awe as she briskly walks away. I was really starting to like Tatsuno, but the way she slyly gave her movie tickets to Hotori and got Maid-chou to leave the café to make room for her to talk to Sanada alone really annoyed me. I think it comes off as extra selfish especially since I know that unlike Hotori, she isn’t an airhead and meticulously planned the whole thing through.

Not that Tatsuno’s wasn’t interesting or anything, but Takeru’s story was a lot more fun to watch. Not only do we get a dose of Kato Emiri invading in the form of Isezaki Eri, but Futaba appears again! She looks amazing with her leather jacket and loosely tied tie. It’s not like I think she’s the best character or anything (>>). For some reason, Eri seems to suffer from the same symptoms that Kirino has but backwards – attempting to live different lives in and out of school, where in school she’s normal (boys are gross) and out of school she’s weird (she likes Takeru). While she is an elementary school student and most of her friends probably think boys still have cooties, I’m surprised she actually managed to ask Takeru out. I’m doubly surprised that Takeru accepted it, especially when you’re a guy and have to deal with “guy” court if you get caught with a girl. Makes me feel old thinking about how long ago elementary school was :(. I guess in Japan calling a girl by her first name must be extremely tough seeing how hard it was for Takeru to even say her nickname Ebi-Chan instead of Eri-chan. Of course, seeing how girls are evil Eri has no hesitation to start throwing punches at Takeru during their “date” whenever he manages to say or do something wrong in her eyes. He manages to get punched pretty hard in the stomach by calling her by her last name then punched again in the SAME spot by not being aggressive enough when suggesting a place to go. Deciding to stick with it, he manages to give in to her charm after she buys a booster pack of “Demon Colosseum” for him. Unlike Kirino, Eri looked genuinely happy to be with Takeru and Takeru looks like he might be, dare I say it, falling in love? But just like Kirino, she’s totally the opposite at school. As Takeru catches her in the corner of his eyes, he goes over to say hi only to recieve an extra strong punch to the stomach.

While Yukiko didn’t get a huge part in this episode, the fact that Hotori dared her to find her “secrets” was just plain stupid. Little kids are experts at finding things, especially things like your middle school diary full of secrets. Look at that innocent smile on her face, she knows exactly how much dirt she has on her hands. The reason I even bothered to mention this though, is Hotori’s other secret is that she has a pretty nice figure. Plus the whole towel only look and freshly washed hair makes her look SUPER cute. I don’t care if you disagree with me, but I don’t believe you need to have huge boobs to look cute – and Hotori pulls it off well. Also, even though Hotori didn’t have the spotlight on her this week, I can’t help but feel that some of the scenes wouldn’t have been as funny as they were if she actually wasn’t in them. Maybe, when Hotori isn’t being air headed she’s even funnier?

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   Preview 01 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   Preview 02 Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru   05   Preview 03
November 6, 2010 at 11:38 pm
  • November 6, 2010 at 11:59 pmDawn

Love the little brother haha.

Unfortunately we can only imagine the damage the frail heart of a elementary schooler will receive from the beginnings of his first tsundere encounter.

• November 7, 2010 at 12:00 amTakaii

I was trying to think of the word to describe her, but I wasn’t sure if tsundere was the right one :(

• November 7, 2010 at 12:03 amAyatan

Apparently being bipolar is a sign of intelligence.
        So I guess it works.

• November 7, 2010 at 12:28 amTakaii

xD.

• November 7, 2010 at 6:24 pmlvlln

I think tsundere is definitely the right word to describe her. In fact, I’d venture that the popularity of the tsundere character is because it reminds of that awkward elementary or middle schooler with a crush. Which might be why you see the tsundere personality so often applied to small, young looking characters, e.g. Shana, Nagi, Taiga, Louise.

• November 7, 2010 at 6:42 pmkarnos

momentary yandere? (only in school)

• November 7, 2010 at 12:29 amP0NCH

Little Bro part of the episode was great lol.
      Reminds me of being that age and not knowing a thing about girls :P

• November 6, 2010 at 11:59 pmAyatan

Eri looked kinda cute in some scenes, but Futaba probably stole it earlier ._.
    This show is sorta unappreciated, you know?

• November 7, 2010 at 12:01 amTakaii

A little bit, but it’s okay. It means I can spend more time replying to comments <3.

• November 7, 2010 at 12:13 amKabayongtao

I find it humorous when Tatsuno jumped on the foot of Mr. Kameda, a Western history teacher. He started to shout notable persons in relation to his field. :)

• November 7, 2010 at 12:23 amcrazystudyguy

Loved his reaction after she turned up the innocent school girl charm

• November 7, 2010 at 12:24 amjabberwocky

Yeah, Luther and Czar are very good oaths :D But it’s very important that Tatsuno learned the zen of women attraction :)

• November 7, 2010 at 12:27 amTakaii

I originally had a whole paragraph in the post about Martin Luther, since I actually remembered a lot of things about his whole grievances with the catholic church and his refusal to retract his papers and statements about the Pope and the sale of indulgences. That and how he ended up being excommunicated for his beliefs..

• November 7, 2010 at 7:33 amTK

Ah, that part was priceless. Caught me off guard and I nearly choked on a peanut. XD

• November 7, 2010 at 12:35 amP0NCH

I love this show for its interesting characters, off beat humor, and great cast.
    My only gripe is there is NOT enough Futaba!
    She’s so freaking cool XD

• November 7, 2010 at 12:49 amAyatan

I love this show because of Omigawa Chiaki :).

• November 7, 2010 at 1:19 amepsilon

Now that little bro is gonna be turned into a slave

• November 7, 2010 at 1:21 amKyzel

“Women are such mysterious creatures.” – Takeru. Ah I understand that sentiment oh so very well. And this show is such a tease with Futaba screen-time (The ED is the only real source of Kon-senpai still!) >_<. Still a good decent episode nonetheless.

• November 7, 2010 at 1:52 amTakaii

Not that I’m a ping-pong player or anything.. but I really hope they animate an overly detailed and expensive ping pong match. Especially with Futaba.. I STILL DON’T KNOW WHAT HER GRIP IS.

• November 7, 2010 at 1:58 amKyzel

Having only read the beginning chapters of Soredemo MwM, there really isn’t a lot of Futaba exposure, but I’m with you all the way, anything for more Kon-senpai goodness!… Is the full ED out too btw? I’m just hooked to Rieka Hazawa’s voice already x_x

• November 7, 2010 at 1:59 amKyzel

I mean… Rieka Yazawa* <_< *4am but Daylight Savings time kicked in so it's already 5am* Sorry.

• November 7, 2010 at 2:57 amJo

I just watched the episode using subs from a different group. Takeru was punched a second time because he used the work ‘boku’ instead of ‘ore’. Earlier in the episode Ebi said that she hated the word ‘boku’. The rest of the episode poor Takeru is like ‘Bok…err (changes it to ) Ore etc etc’ lol…

=)

• November 9, 2010 at 12:24 amNhelraios

I rewatched it and youre right thanks for pointing this out. :)

• November 9, 2010 at 5:18 amJo

The subs are by these guys if you’re interested.They put in a bit more effort in explaining some of the word-play that gets missed by gg subs.

• November 7, 2010 at 3:46 amoutcast

I missed the part that she gave away the tickets to be alone with him. I thought it was because she gave up. Poco.

• November 7, 2010 at 4:25 amShinjiro

I’ve always found Hotori to be more appealing to me than Tatsuno with her silly but still funny and cute antics. This week show was a lot of fun to watch and I did enjoy the skits with Hotori siblings.
    Although I do think if a crown had to be given for babe of the show, it’d go to Futaba.

• November 7, 2010 at 5:19 amgnomtastic

Just love the animation and the characters even the kids look like kids and act like kids, there is no need for extreme ecchi scenes and the towel thing was great fanservice for once.At the start of the fall season the only other good animes where Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai and arakawa under the bridge x2 but now they have failed oh so epicly so THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD SHOW THIS SEASON think for a second about that.

• November 7, 2010 at 8:22 amSulik

More To Aru Majutsu no Index 2…..

• November 7, 2010 at 8:38 am1Lau

This episode was very good.
    I’m starting to grow liking this more and more.

• November 7, 2010 at 10:44 amoutcast

lol
      poco

• November 8, 2010 at 11:43 amSho

@gnomtastic: i’m guessing you did’nt dig “Bakuman” huh? However, i do agree about this being a excellent show (Bakuman and this are my favorites this season. I finally caught up to the recent episode of Star Driver too..which is overrated and kinda boring imo, but it does has it moments..as ridiculous as they may be).

• November 8, 2010 at 4:22 pmgnomtastic

Nope bakuman isnt my type of anime at all and the animation of it creeps me out a bit i know everyone has their taste but i have high standards when it comes to anime because the first animes i saw where neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebeop and flcl so i kinda expected it would only get better but nowdays there are so much crapy animes im thinking of quiting watching them all together but then what would i have the real people shows are trash except House. I only hope that Japan starts to realize that other people watch their animes not their crazy oversterssed japanese people who dont give a crap what they are actually watching they just whant to se some flashes and some boobies.

• December 10, 2010 at 1:49 amAvs

Sup. Creativity is fluctuating at 63%, down from the 74% of the late 90s. Beware of the false anime.

• January 9, 2011 at 12:43 amshinai

super late, but whatever. i just had to comment about tatsun being selfish. the joke there was she wasn’t expecting to be alone with sanada that day. get it? she had the chance to ask him to go see the movie but cannot coz she gave the tickets away.